All Comments on 'To Swing or Not to Swing'

by swingerjoe

Sort by:
  • 28 Comments
TwentysevenTwentysevenover 8 years ago
Things are looking up

This is the third story in the last two days where characters show some respect for their marriage. Makes a welcome change.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
1*

what balls, swingers don't have any

javmor79javmor79over 8 years ago
Always a fan if swingerjoe

Nice story. Haven't seen anything from you in a while. Glad to have you back.

Lex1Lex1over 8 years ago
My girlfriend LOVES your stories

She likes to roleplay, and she used a couple if your stories for the "plot" in our adventures. Lol. There are other writers who we've used also. So thank you for your submissions.

baranbratbaranbratover 8 years ago
No Balls & Barf the the losers

Have you noticed that the person or persons who wrote about NO BALLS and BARF are too fucking chicken to leave their names and always leave anonymous comments.

I thought your story was very good, keep up the good work

impo_61impo_61over 8 years ago
A good story...

A good story...And he saw the light before it was too late...Nothing is more important than an happy marriage based in love, respect and love...3*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Simply not a good read

It just wasn't interesting in the slightest. The characters were dumber than rocks and the dialogue was mediocre at best.

1 star.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Today is a bad day to post

Every story Ive read totally sucks . Including this crap

swingerjoeswingerjoeabout 8 years agoAuthor
LOL

Oh, how I have missed the anonymous comments! Too funny.

Thanks to those of you who added serious and constructive comments (and who actually read the story.)

I'm submitting a story per day for five days straight, so you've been warned, annonies!

luedonluedonabout 8 years ago
Welcome back, Swingerjoe

One story per day for five days? I hope they are all of the quality of this one. We don't want quantity over quality.

I found this one to be an interesting exploration of the pathway along which the two couples progressed until one character felt that he had gone further than he wished to. The 'Truth or Dare' scene was a bit contrived, but it was the easiest device to get them started along the pathway.

And the switch of opinions following the experiences of the two couples added an interesting point to the story.

All in all, a good one. I would have given it five stars if you had let me.

L

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggabout 8 years ago
My Overiding Impression is Surprisingly Generic Tale from Hitherto now Eclectic Author

This falls right in cliche of wife who is lukewarm to swinging but goaded by husband to the tipping point and then beyond. swingerjoe, to me, has made his mark describing in previous stories of deep levels of synergy / intimacy needed to have long term swinging in couple relationship.

At first read ( maybe I missed something ) , this is a husband who has won the battle , but definitely is at risk of losing the war. As I understand this concept of win / win in spouse swapping, until BOTH parties in a couple feel at ease with watching and participating in this practice : it's not a good idea.

I have five starred multiple entries of swingerjoe, but this effort will go unrated. I do have hope for his five promised consecutive, conjugal forays promised by SJ. Hopefully his undeniable talent will be on back on par with his work ethic.

swingerjoeswingerjoeabout 8 years agoAuthor
Thank you, LSD

Your critique is fair and greatly appreciated, LSD. The one thing I never want to be known for is being a one-trick pony. Although I'm obviously biased toward stories about swinging, wife-swapping, naughty wives, etc., I try not to write the same story more than once.

I've already written a "happy swinger" story about a loving couple who wades into the waters of swinging and emerge happier than ever. I've written about a couple who attempts swinging with damaging consequences. I've written about a couple who have a bad swinging experience, but ultimately triumph in the end.

With this story, I wanted to portray two couples heading in completely opposite directions. Alex and Samantha are swinging newbies who have only fantasized about swinging, while Mark and Kathy are "recently-retired" swinging veterans. I could have taken that basic plot in any number of different directions, but ultimately decided for a last-minute audible.

I have no doubt that my next four submissions will have equally mixed results. My next story (which will likely be published tomorrow) touches on a topic I have written about before: the sex-starved hubby.

The next story (likely to be published Sunday) would probably be my lowest rated if I allowed ratings, but it's a story I just had to get out of my head, as it's been in there too long. It has a ridiculous premise, but will hopefully be entertaining for some folks.

The next story is about a husband and wife who play around with BDSM. And finally, my last story is a purely "fun" tale that I like to write from time to time, where there is no gut-wrenching drama or brain-bending topics of discussion. It's just a purely fun and (hopefully) erotic and entertaining tale of a girl with an extraordinary skill.

Thanks for reading! (And commenting.)

thecarolinadreamerthecarolinadreamerabout 8 years ago
*****

To the Anon who thinks Joe is a gutter writer--please show us an example of how well you can write so we'll know what a "real writer" looks like.

Joe, if you're a gutter writer I'd love to be one too. I'd rate you right up there with 'alwayswantedto' who I think was great. Thanks for the effort.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
So "baranbrat" is your name?

Well at least we know you're over 18.

Well "swingerjoe" if anon comments seem to bother you so much, why do you allow them? Yea, yea, I've heard all the excuses already. Don't read swinging stories, boring and to repetitive. Where have I heard that before?

Not to worry, I won't bash your stories, you do serve a purpose, all the swingers and cuckies are frothing at the mouth awaiting your next five postings. lol Happy days are here again, at least for some.

luedonluedonabout 8 years ago
Re: What a douche

No, anonymous, I disagree totally. I would like to see more authors engage with their audience in the comments section. That is especially so when the story is exploring a point of view as Swingerjoe's stories usually do, and the point of view can be expanded upon via to-and-fro conversation in the comments.

As an author, I have learned from readers' comments and my exchanges with them. I encourage all authors to do likewise.

L

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Re. "Don't read swinging stories"

And yet, you went out of your way to visit the "swinging" section of this site, and clicked on a story with "swing" in the title.

Fascinating!

javmor79javmor79about 8 years ago
To swingerjoe

As you can see, LW hasn't improved since you left. Lol. As a person who doesn't swing, I enjoy your stories. To me, they are more than about the sex. They are about couples who stand at the crossroads of real decisions. Even a person who doesn't swing can identify with your stories.

Can't wait to read more.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Maybe you have to be interested in swinging to enjoy reading this story.

I just found it too boring to finish. I deduced from the title that this couple might fuck around on their marriage, or they might not. But in the lead up to when that decision is to be made I found the dialogue and story slow, tedious, and boring. I guess that's my fault, since I was hoping for some plot or drama that would keep me reading. As to whether they fuck their new friends or not, who cares?

Let's be honest. People will pretty much find some justification for anything they really want to do, or want to refrain from doing. Since your sex life is pretty much a personal choice, reading about some couple deciding whether or not to ditch their marriage vows is about as interesting as reading about a couple deciding if they will vacation this year in the mountains, or at the beach. Unless you too are trying to make a similar decision, the arguments for or against don't hold much interest. And the couples themselves were just plodding average people, with no special story or drama to capture one's attention.

So, thanks for trying. From the other comments they apparently decided to maintain their marriage commitment. For now. Who knows what the future may hold for them? But from my perspective, why would anyone care?

SlickmanSlickmanabout 8 years ago
Great story

Good foreplay in words and actions. Got the reader interested if they were going to swap or not. Glad to see a different ending. Loved it so please keep writing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Enjoyed the story.

Hey Swingerjoe, I enjoyed this story, liking the fact that one couple were curious about swinging and wanting to pursue it further and the other already been there and retired and faced with one half still wanting it and the other reluctant. The problem I feel is the retired couple had poor communication and never talked out why the wife wanted to stop. The only thing that really pissed me off was Mark telling his wife it's not about fucking other people...come on, of coarse it is, otherwise I'm sure his wife has no problem with going dancing and attending parties with friends, the definition of swinging is fucking others beside your partner or at least some sexual activity. That what he missed, and for whatever reason his wife didn't anymore. I appreciate you mixing it up with different outcomes with the stories you've told, they may have the common theme about swinging but different scenarios and endings. Me personally, I can enjoy a story about swinging with a great outcome, a burn the bitch because of pure selfishness and also a reconciliation when there is real remorse and changing of ways. First I look for great writing, the story must have emotion as well as hot sex. What I don't enjoy is humiliation and degrading behavior that's tried to be passed off as erotic and sexual, I'm sorry but people who get off on and enjoy hurting people are seriously fucked up and have something wrong with them. Another thing that annoys me is that cliches people always use, things like, "oh we had a threesome and I'm only average size and this other guy had a 10" inch cock and gave my wife orgasm after orgasm which I could never give her". Seriously I've heard it so many times it's ridiculous. I never realized you needed a 10" inch cock to satisfy a woman, I feel sorry for majority of the women of the world for having to deal with such an injustice...lolol. On another note, I think the problem with how everyone is responding with comments about stories is for me I put myself in the characters position, how I would react, what would I do, what type of response would I give, how would I feel. That is how we come to a conclusion of what we like, a judgement. It's the content and it's conflict in the story and how it's resolved that makes good writing. The simple true is most have certain morals, and we believe that bad behavior will eventually be punished, we want the happy ending, the one who has been wronged allowed justice and healing for the better. At the end of the day, what we must realize is it's a sex story site, we come here to read interesting and hot stories to get our rocks off, not for therapy...long winded comment but I had a lot to say...Cheers

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago

Enjoyed just wished they weren't past swingers because I feel it takes away from them not doing it in the end

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
3*s

After skipping past this story, this week. I finished reading "Fifty Shades of Sheila" and broke a rib laughing. So I said to myself ,you don't care about swinging but swingerjoe can be such a funny, skillful writer. Let me just look at this other story of his.

Believable characters. Very good dialogue.. Smoothly flowing plot. Just the idea of my wife touching another man is replulsive. Gets me angry. That is no reflection on your writing. So you get 3*s.

Gave you 4*s, for "Fifty Shades of Sheila". That was so accurate in describing my wife and what would be her actions. I can't stop chuckling, lol.

AMerryman

nitejazznitejazzabout 8 years ago

Good writing, interesting scenario, not exactly erotic, I give it a 3 for sex and 4 for the content.

alyak46alyak46about 8 years ago

Great story! Very well written

wonderfulwonderfulalmost 8 years ago
Great story

Well done Joe, really liked the set-up, it sounded like it all might have happened. They are the best Loving Wives stories, in my humble view. I shall take pleasure in reading all your stories now I have discovered your submissions.

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggover 7 years ago
Second Read Impressions

I still have qualms about the story , but the craftsmanship of swingerjoe is undeniable. The main couple pulled back at the tipping point . Fine . But things never went into the red zone in terms of tension. Things built up nicely and whether they played or not , I was ready for a catharis. The issue was resolved with little more then a shrug.

Right or wrongly , based on SJ's considerable skills I felt he pulled his punches. The fault may very well be on MY expectations . This was a quiet little story replete with subdued illicit thrills( a paradox I know ) . Either way, swingerjoe is a good bet far more often then not to fully challenge and engage my cognitive facilities on one level or another.

kiteareskitearesover 5 years ago
Mindset and conversation

My biggest critiques of this story are a) I would have liked to have delved a little more into Kathy and Mark's mindset - her why she wanted to finish the lifestyle and then changed her mind for that night and Mark what got him to the point of calling it a day.

and b) As swingers talking is central to it being successful along with being respectful to other couples, I think Kathy and Mark would have gone in and sat and chatted with Alex and Sam and explained the change of heart, not scurried off like thieves in the night.

The build up and teasing was all very nice though, a good story to edge too :D

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userswingerjoe@swingerjoe
Update, 4/23/19 Every once in a while, I forget why I don't write here as often anymore. Then I submit a story and remember, "Oh, yeah! That's why!" This site, and especially the Loving Wives category, used to be a great deal of fun. But then some spammer began leaving anonym...