All Comments on 'To Those Who Wait Ch. 03'

by YKN4949

Sort by:
  • 9 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Requires a lot of suspension of disbelief.

Most of the stories on this site require it, since in the interests of prurience we accept that people don’t act or talk like the ones in the stories. It’s a challenge in a story like this one though because there is an effort on your part to make the characters believable, and you are largely successful. That makes it difficult to reconcile the ending, or really this whole chapter. I kept thinking “no way.” Just my opinion, you are a talented writer. This one just doesn’t work for me.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Comment

I really liked this. Sexy, but cute dynamic.

CrisNight_CrisNight_almost 4 years ago
Fairy tale ending

Excellent writing

Although I wasn’t entirely convinced autumn was convinced.

However a great fantasy story. After all That’s exactly why I’m here.

And you definitely delivered. 😘😘

Thank you xx

Maddie624Maddie624almost 4 years ago

Okay, I pretty much agree with the anonymous person who was the first to comment. However, it isn't that I don't believe such an ending can possibly happen...I think that this story, or this chapter, requires more information in order to make it conceivable. The loose-ends were neatly tied and I think that more would have to be revealed to the reader in order to convince the reader that such an ending could possibly have taken place. I know that many people prefer a shorter piece to read and I totally get that...You are a fantastic writer, as I have previously stated, and you write one hell of a sex scene. I guess it comes down to what you are shooting for...This particular story is high quality from a technical perspective but I found myself craving a longer conflict/drama because the situation these people found themselves in really needed to be dealt with in a more thorough manner. I think skipping ahead two years would have been fine had the reader "witnessed" the conflicts of each character on an individual level. Lisa individually...Autumn...and of course Ray because, as you said, Holly knew Ray in college and I think he deserved a little more credit as a father, a husband and as someone who knew both Lisa and Holly at a much different time in their lives.

I am torn between a 4 and a 5 because my issue is with the content, which is more of a preference, than with the actual quality of the writing. I figured you'd want an honest critique or opinion. I forgot to mention that "Redemption's Kiss" is also a story that really made an impression on me. Did I mention that you write one hell of a sex scene? Yeah, that story needed an ice water and a fan to get through... I look forward to your future work :)

BillyslateBillyslatealmost 4 years ago
Story Did Not Interest Me

I was never able to really develop an interest in this story. Somehow, the entire storyline was mostly away from my interest. I usually like this author's posts, however "To Those Who Wait" was just not my "cup of tea or style"!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Great love story

I really loved this. Will read it again and again.

TheserialwaffleTheserialwaffleover 3 years ago

This was awesome. Of course the reality of something like that is not very believable but this is a story and it goes wild until the end. And it ends on the top of Eiffel Tower really with the best champagne. Thank you for that

Nicole2023Nicole2023over 1 year ago

Sucker for an happy ending

Roti8211Chanai643Roti8211Chanai64312 months ago

A good story! As some of the other posters have commented the story could have had more buildup to the wedding not just glossed over but a good story none the less!

Thank you

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userYKN4949@YKN4949
Hey everyone, I got some messages from readers saying they wanted more information about my writing. I've decided to use this biography section as sort of a bulletin board. So, without further preamble, let's get to it. 1.) The best way to reach me if you want to hear back is...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES