To Those Who Wait Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"You would have had to tell the truth," Autumn clarified.

"Yeah. And I didn't want to. Because...I was having fun, Autumn. I was having more than fun. It was a little like being back in college again, a time when I was happy. And I wanted to live back in that moment for as long as I could."

"So you were recreating your college bullshit with a look alike," Autumn offered and I shook my head. Something clicked in my mind and I changed gears.

"No...I mean, maybe a little bit at first, I guess," I said, trying to remember how I felt at the beginning, I wasn't even sure I that was true, "But not really. That was a little fling that I confused with love because I didn't know any better," I said, "And now I do."

"What does that mean?" Autumn said, now sounding a bit more curious than angry.

"I can see what I did with your mom for what it was now...just like she said, two college kids experimenting," I said and winced, because the felt inadequate.

"Don't say that, experimenting that is very early 2000s," Autumn said and I snorted.

"It is very 1997," I said, "But these last couple months, being with you...It has been so much more than that. At least for me. I mean, we aren't just friends who are fooling around, that's for sure. And it isn't even just sex," I paused, grasping for something, anything, that would illustrate what I was trying to say, "Do remember that Saturday, last month, when I heard that there was some sort of like...apple festival or something over on the other side of the state? And we drove all the way out there, and we got there, we found out that I had seen an ad for the previous year? They weren't doing it this year? And then we just got lunch at that little diner, and sat there all afternoon, and then drove back listening to the radio?" I asked. I knew that just sort of...winged the edge of the point that I was trying to make. But, it may have been close enough. For the first time, Autumn smiled. Like she was trying to will it away.

"Of course, I remember," Autumn said, looking away from me.

"Nothing worked out that day. And, in the end, we basically didn't do anything. A total loss of a day. And somehow, ever minute of that day is burned into my memory. I can remember everything you said and every look you gave me. It is one of my favorite days...Ever. It wasn't killing time with a friend. It was something more. It was like...what life is supposed to be about," I said. Autumn was sort of looking off into the distance.

"Yeah," was all she said, but it felt...pregnant with meaning. I had to make my meaning plain.

"For the first I can remember, I wake up excited for what the day will bring, because I know you'll be in it. I don't want to go to sleep at night, because I don't want to pass up any opportunity to be with you. Every thought or idea I have, I want to share it with you. I can't wait to hear about your day. What your thoughts about...everything are. But what is crazy is that most of the time, I already know. I just...I know you so well. Somehow. It is like we are on the same wavelength or something. And..." I trailed of, because Autumn was looking at me differently. I could no longer tell if she was angry. Or if she wasn't angry, for that matter. She was totally inscrutable.

"Yeah," she said finally, "Yeah, I felt that too," and I smiled for the first time, "And that is why this all hurt so bad. Because it wasn't even about me. It was about my mom..."

"But it wasn't Autumn," I said, "It really wasn't. I never felt anything even remotely like that with anyone else in my life. Anyone. Period. And I am so sorry that it looked like this had anything to do with your mom, even for just a little while. I never wanted to hurt you. We have something so good, I didn't want to break it."

"I mean it had to happen eventually. How did you think this was going to end? We were going to sneak around behind my mom's back forever? Or that she wasn't going to freak out when she found out? Or that I wouldn't."

"I didn't want to think about it ever ending," I said, "I still don't. Don't tell me it's ending."

"I don't know..." Autumn said, that inscrutable look still on her face. I sighed.

"Look, I don't want to do this, but I owe it to you: if you say it is over, I will leave now and I won't ever bother you again. But if you tell me there is even a chance that we can live our lives the way we lived these last two months, except in the open this time, then I will do whatever it takes to make that happen. You deserve to be happy, Autumn. So I will do whichever thing that will make you the most happy. But you know what I want. And now you know how I feel. So you just tell me what you want."

* * * * *

Two years later, just about to the day, the music playing on speakers abruptly changed. All of the heads turned away from me, back towards the archway at the head of the garden. And there she was, demanding that she give herself away, my fiance. Autumn. Resplendent in an elegant, billowy white dress (My dress, also white, was less...bridal. Just a simple white dress that fell to my knees). I had never seen anyone more beautiful in my entire life. She smiled and me, a big uninhibited smile that I reciprocated, less beautifully of course.

And I thought again about just how unlikely all of this had been. The last two years had not been easy. Especially those early months. Autumn believed me, I think. Or, at least, she really wanted to believe me. But it took time to build back up the natural trust that we had once had, that I had strained so badly. But the connection we shared was too strong. Even if we wanted to, we couldn't maintain a distance between us. We weren't build for it. And I had promised myself, and Autumn, that I would never do anything to give her reason to doubt my intentions again. I had no doubt I would keep that promise. And, after a while, Autumn didn't either.

Lisa had been a tougher nut to crack, I admit. She loved and trusted her daughter, but she was afraid that Autumn too naive, to willing to forgive. And she didn't believe me anymore. She thought that I was still playing some sort of game with Autumn. She kicked me out of the house. But she couldn't forbid Autumn from seeing me, Autumn was an adult. Eventually, when she saw how happy Autumn was, Lisa started speaking to me again. And then we had many, many conversations. I told her most of the same things I had told Autumn that day in her bedroom. And, eventually, I think she started to believe me.

Ray was easier. He was a little confused and concerned at first. But, as soon as he saw that Autumn was happy, he seemed happy enough. He even confided in me that Autumn was right: in a lot of ways he was relieved he didn't have to deal with any awful men dating his daughter. Lisa would have said that I wasn't much better.

Though, we did kicked the hornets nest again, Autumn and I, when we first announced we were engaged. A lot of the relationship I had rebuilt with Lisa was strained. Autumn was young. Lisa still didn't trust my motives entirely. But then, I think, that also made the point finally click in Lisa's mind. Because Autumn and I wanted to be together. Forever. And the engagement made us happy. And, while we regretted the discomfort it gave Lisa, that wasn't our primary concern. I think Lisa realized that, and strangely, it convinced her that I was telling the truth. It wasn't about me trying to get her back. It was about Autumn. And me. I think then she finally saw that I really loved Autumn.

And one day, not long before the wedding, I realized that everything had fallen into place. I had the woman I loved in my life and I never had to give her up. And my friend had forgiven me. She was, really and truly, my friend again. Lisa was actually pleased that I had found love and even more pleased that I was making her daughter happy.

That happiness, and the joy Lisa felt in it, was obvious now as Autumn walked slowly and confidently down the aisle, to where I stood next to the justice of the peace. It felt like an eternity, but finally, Autumn made her way up to the front of the aisle, and turned to stand, facing me.

I don't remember a single word that the justice of the peace said during the entire ceremony (though, I don't think it lasted long). We had decided on simple vows, and I couldn't even hear myself when I repeated back the words. I just knew that I said them right because I could see the tears welling in Autumn's eyes. I was crying too, I think. I don't know. M whole world was Autumn's eyes.

:I do," I heard myself say at one point, the words echoing in my ears. Sometime later, clear.

"I do," from Autumn. And then we were kissing, an the small crowd around us was clapping and laughing and cheering, Lisa loudest of all. Autumn's hand was in mine, I could feel it as we turned and began walking down the aisle. And I realized that my wife was holding my hand. And then I was laughing too. It just didn't seem possible. To be this happy.

"Alright everyone, head on over to Carmine's for the reception dinner," I heard Lisa saying to the crowd as Autumn and I passed through the door into the rented mansion. The door closed behind us and it was suddenly much cooler, much quieter. Autumn kept hold of my hand, pulling me along through the somewhat familiar rooms. Eventually, she pulled me into our dressing room. The door closed behind us.

"Come on," Autumn said, pointing towards a change of clothes that we had packed for the reception, "Let's get comfortable now, so we don't have to drive in these," Autumn pointed down her beautiful, ridiculous white dress and laughed. She turned to walk towards her clothes. I grabbed her wrist, pulled her back to me. She let out a little yelp as I wrapped my arms around her. We were suddenly swamped in white fabric and lace. She kissed me gently on the lips.

"What're you doing?" she asked, "Everyone will be at Carmines in twenty minutes."

"There is an open bar," I reminded her, "they won't miss us." Autumn laughed.

"You know my mother, right?" she said. A joke she would have been too embarrassed to make just a few months ago.

"I don't want to wait any longer to make love to my wife," I said, "Do you?" Autumn bit her lower lip mischievously. She looked at the door behind. Then to the windows on the other side of the room. The blinds were closed. In the distance, the silhouettes of our guests moved across, on their a the reception. Autumn shook her head.

"No," she admitted.

"So why wait?" I asked. And leaned in towards Autumn and I kissed her again. For half a moment...it was strange. It was a familiar, but unexpected feeling that I couldn't place. But, as my lips parted and Autumn's tongue slipped furtively, gently into my mouth, I realized that it felt a first kiss. That tingle of excitement, that fluttering of my heart. I groaned and I closed my eyes, letting my tongue lap into Autumn's mouth.

The first time I had really and truly kissed my wife the way I wanted.

Usually, it took me a little bit of time to warm up, to get into the mood. But, for some reason, that thought, of being married to the only person I had ever really loved, washed over me in an instant. It spread like fire, down my throat, across my chest, and own between my legs. In an instant, I could not longer control myself. I pressed my tongue, once more, deeply into Autumn's mouth.

I broke the kiss and then, without warning or explanation, I dropped down to my knees on the floor in front of Autumn. She watched me, her head tilted to one side, as I grasped at the hem of her dress, flailing wildly in the complicated folds of fabric.

"What are you doing?"Autumn asked, more amused than curious. I laughed as I finally managed to find the edge.

"The only thing I've wanted to do since I saw this amazing dress," I said, flipping up the edge of dress and diving underneath of it. The dress draped over me, and everything was sort of bathed in a bright white light. And there were Autumn's beautiful legs. I leaned forward and kissed her knee, and heard her muffled giggle. I ran my hands up Autumn's calves and thighs.

"Getting the garter is usually part of the reception activities," Autumn said as my hands moved over the small band of lacy material. I slipped my fingers under the garter, felt Autumn's warm skin underneath. I lifted the garter and kissed the skin underneath.

"I am not worried about the garter," I said, slipping my fingers out.

"Good, leave it for Carmines," Autumn joked. I kept slipping my fingers up Autumn's thighs. The dress tapered up her waist, cinching there. But below that, I could see Autumn's white panties. Just simple white. Virginal and sexy. I slipped my fingers into the top waistband of Autumn's panties, pulling down on them gently. Autumn bent slightly at the waist, allowing me to easily slip them down over her ass. I watched them tumble down her legs. I slipped them off her feet, dropped them between my knees.

I breathed in deeply and groaned. It was clear that I was not the only one who was excited. In an instant, the area underneath of Autumn's skirt was filled with her now-familiar, delicious scent. I breathed her in for a moment.

"People are going to be waiting at Carmine's," Autumn said, and I saw her foot tapping impatiently on the floor. I laughed, but started to ruffle her dress.

"Well, we can leave..." I offered, and then I felt Autumn's hand, soft and forceful hand on the back of my head, pushing me forward. I smiled as I leaned forward. Autumn's scent grew stronger and I could see the pretty red lips of her pussy, glistening with her juices. Her clitoris was already swollen, and just looking at it, made my mouth water.

I closed my eyes, opened my mouth, and pressed my tongue thickly against my wife's pussy. I heard her grunt (prettily), and the hand on the back of my head squeezed. Her flavor was incredible, sweet and salty and lovely. I lapped my tongue up the length of Autumn's wet slit, collecting her juices on my tongue, and swallowing them down. I breathed them into my nose. I felt her hard clit press against the center of my tongue. I undulated my tongue against it, felt its hardness and heard Autumn groan.

I wrapped my lips gently around Autumn's clitoris, pressed my nose into her warm, smooth stomach. I made my tongue hard, flicked it playfully against Autumn's clit. I knew, from experience, that would tease her wildly. Give her no relief, but make her pussy drip against my chin. I felt her squirm beautifully and I did it again. Then, unexpectedly, I felt Autumn's entire body go rigid all at once. Instinctively, I froze. I was about to ask Autumn what was wrong, when I heard a voice.

"Oh, Autumn, you are still here!" Someone had walked into the room. I felt my heart suddenly start racing. I realized how very hot it was under Autumn's dress. I recognized the voice.

"Uh...yes, Holly and I thought that we would get changed before we left," Autumn said, trying to sound casual.

"Where is your beautiful bride?" the voice asked and I finally placed it. Marie. The justice of the peace. The woman who had married us. I didn't know if I was going to laugh or cry.

"Holly, uh...she went to the bathroom," I felt Autumn shift slightly to the side, pointing towards the bathroom. And I remembered that, between the door and where I was standing, was a low couch. Coupled with Autumn's big dress, Marie had no idea where I was.

"I am so glad that you are still here, to be honest," Marie was saying, "I know that the reception is at some...Italian restaurant..." Knowing that Marie was unaware, gave me a wicked idea.

"Yes, Carm...ines" Autumn said, the last syllable stretching out for several seconds. Of course, I knew why. As Autumn began to speak again, I continued right where I had left off. I pressed my lips against Autumn's clitoris, slipping my tongue out and flicking her gently. I felt her arm move, like she was going to push me away, and then realizing that was far worse. If Marie saw her pawing at her dress, what would she think?

"Yes! That was the name! But, to be honest, I forgot to look up how to get there. Do you know the directions?" Marie asked and I smiled devlishly. I began to slowly and gently run my hands up and down Autumn's legs, squeezing her thighs and tickling the insides of her knees. At the same time, I made my tongue thick and soft, let it slip inside of Marie's slit, and then ran it all the way up to her clit, letting her hard little nub rest on the center of my tongue.

"I can give you the address, for your phone," Autumn said, her voice raising several octaves as she spoke.

"Unfortunately, I have no service," Marie said apologetically, "Do you know how to get there?"

"I uh..." Autumn started, as I began to suck gently on her clit, moving my head side to side. I had to control myself, keep myself from moaning. She tasted so good.

"If you don't, I can just wait here and follow," Marie said

"No!" Autumn said, her whole body trembling. Too loud. I smiled.

"I am sorry if..." Marie said, apologetically.

"No...No, not at all. No problem. Sorry, that was louder than I meant to be. I meant, no, I don't want to hold you up. I will give you the directions," Autumn said, "Want to run out and grab a pad and pen?" I bent my neck, getting my head up between Autumn's legs, let my tongue just scrape across her soft, pink asshole. She was trying to chase Marie away, I wasn't going to make it easy. I slipped back, licking her slit again.

"Oh I won't bother with that. A great memory for this sort of stuff, just tell me," Marie said. And I heard Autumn sigh.

"Sure," she said. And, for the next three or four minutes, Autumn gave Marie the extremely complicated directions that would take her from the wedding venue to the reception location.

And I was merciless. While Autumn spoke, sometimes describing turns and landmarks, other times answering Marie's questions, I gave her absolutely no rest. I lapped at her clitoris, I squirmed my warm tongue deep inside of her tasty little pussy. I squeezed her ass and kissed her thighs. I could feel Autumn's legs trembling, I could hear her gasping a bit while she spoke. Somehow, her skin felt softer, her body tasted sweeter.

"And...ahhh...the parking lot is on the left..." I heard Autumn gasping.

"Oh I think I will remember that!" Marie said, "Thank you so much!"

"I will see you there," Autumn said.

"Oh and..."

"See you there!" Autumn said.

"See you there," Marie said, and I heard the door closed. In that same instant, Autumn threw up her dress (and I was suddenly cold).

"You bitch!" Autumn said, and I felt her hand press on the top of my head, to push me away. But I knew that she was on the edge. As soon as I felt her touch me, I wrapped my lips around her clit, sucked it gently, and stroked by soft tongue up and down.

"Oh fuck!" Autumn moaned, her body trembling wildly. Her hand stayed on the top of my head, but she was keeping her balance now. I kept licking. Autumn moaned louder, her legs shaking against me.

"You are such a bitch!" Autumn groaned loudly and I felt he legs squeeze around my head. I felt her orgasm crest. I looked up, saw her eyes shut, her mouth slightly open. So beautiful. Finally, I heard her sigh and her body relax. Her eyes flitted open, she looked down at me, smiled. Then she pushed on my forehead, knocking me back on my ass on the floor.

"This is the way you treat your wife! After she gives you an orgasm!" I said in faux outrage.

"She could have seen you at any minute!" Autumn said, dropping down onto the floor next to me.

"I know!" I said, "That's why it was so fun!"

"It was not!"

"I am sorry, would you like to take back your orgasm?" I asked.

"Can you do that?" she asked.

"Let's see," I said, leaning forward like I was going to dive between her legs. She laughed, grabbed my head, and pulled me towards her lips. We kissed, she licked herself from my lips.