Tom's Parallel World Pt. 05

Story Info
Tom learns to distinguish kittens apart and finds a mole.
10.4k words
4.77
6.6k
19

Part 5 of the 10 part series

Updated 02/28/2024
Created 05/13/2021
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Dear reader, this is a work of erotic adventure fiction, containing furry, anthropomorphic animals with human intelligence having sex with our human hero. If this isn't for you, then please read my other stories.

All characters, furry or otherwise, are over eighteen.

Hopefully, you know the background on Tom and the parallel world he has found himself in.

~~~ *** ~~~

Tom woke hearing Kitty and Sarah rising to start their day through the adjoining wall. Lucy remained curled up, asleep on her student's internal clock. Tom hated leaving her, but he had work to do. He unravelled himself from Lucy and slowly dressed, feeling refreshed in his clean new clothes. Timing his leaving the room as Kitty and Sarah passed on the landing. The three smiling and Sarah nodding a silent laugh at Lucy curled up asleep on the bed behind Tom.

Tom welcomed Brenda's breakfast smell omitting from the kitchen as he walked down the stairs. Now he could tell all the ingredients she was preparing and identifying her scent. The four of them sat discussing the previous day and Tom feeling a little hungover from all the celebratory beers brought him last night.

Several cups of tea and Brenda's hearty breakfast later, he got to work laying tables. Stepping outside to check the weather, even the busiest fisherdog found time to wish Tom well. With another bright, warm morning, Tom started bringing tables and chairs outside for the human family.

"I think we'll have to advertise breakfasts in the garden," Kitty said, laughing through the bar's open door. "We're already having a wealth of enquiries from potential guests and a waiting list of retired captains wanting to captain any fishing trips!"

Tom was enthusiastic about this fresh day, especially as his hangover was drifting away. He thought again that he fitted in well here. Maybe this was the place he had been looking for, after all. It was picturesque, with a cosy feel. The villagers had accepted him and it seems the pub will be busy over summer.

The lounge door opened to release little Stevie pulling his mother to the table, excited to watch the boats one last time. His father looked the way Tom felt earlier and seeing the daggers his unimpressed wife was throwing at him with her eyes.

Once again, everyone's gaze fell on Captain Brown as he sauntered past, waving a greeting, just as Tom felt a caressing hand on his bum announcing the daughter had arrived, wafting a new perfume along with her, disguising her initial arrival.

"Tom, I'll get everyone away and come to see you after breakfast and we can sort Lucy out," Captain Brown said as he made his way down the beach.

Tom took everyone's order and as he returned to the pub, a hand-pulled at his shirt.

"Can I change my order?"

Came the dulcet tones of the daughter who had followed him out of earshot and walked with him inside. Once inside, she pretended to sniff at him. "Hmm, pussy cat? Again? It seems I will have competition when I return... What's your phone number?"

"Err, I don't have a phone, I lost it in a storm a week ago, when I was walking," Tom answered, dreading having her returning and being a stone around his neck, especially with the freedom he seemed to have with the villagers and their offspring. He didn't want to lose his Sex Toy moniker.

Thankfully, Sarah came through with teas and coffees to cut the daughter short and Tom got on with taking the cereals out into the garden. After that, Tom was too busy and kept the daughter at arm's length. When going into the kitchen to give Brenda their cooked choices, Tom saw Lucy sat having a cup of tea and some toast.

"Not a morning kitten?" Tom joked.

"I think my sisters plied me with a bit too much drink last night... But, no, I'm not... A morning kitten that is, thankfully Brenda is more forgiving than mum." Lucy smiled back.

"Captain Tom will be along once we have breakfast done," Tom warned her, trying not to give anything away to Brenda.

With Sarah helping Tom with breakfasts, the daughter didn't have any further opportunities to corner Tom. As soon as the humans returned to their room, Tom cleared the tables and brought the furniture back inside the pub.

Rather than loiter around in the public areas, Tom hid in the kitchen enjoying a cup of tea with Brenda and Lucy, to avoid any tactical manoeuvres by the leaving family's daughter. Then Kitty popped her head around the door.

"Tom, Lucy! Captain Brown is here for you?"

Tom and Lucy sank their drinks and followed Kitty out to the bar to meet Captain Brown.

"Right, you're here already. Well done. Let's get on." Captain Brown led them out.

As they walked, Tom walked along with Captain Brown, trying to be diplomatic.

"It's safer if we can enter the cottage using the back door. The cottages can be seen from the entire village and anyone could see us entering an empty cottage."

"You really are paranoid... Okay, I'll play along... I suppose it makes sense."

They turned off the clifftop path to head inland. Once past the end of the cottage row, turned up the overgrown path along the back gardens. Counting the back doors as they walked until they reached the appointed cottage.

This one had a low garden gate in the wall and a path leading up to the back door, making it less obvious that there would be regular foot traffic over the next few days, or even weeks, to the empty cottage.

At the door, Captain Brown told the door, "Top Dog Captain Brown, open cottage."

They heard a click as the lock released and they followed Captain Brown into the house, as lights turned on inside. Lucy went to pull the curtains back.

"Err no sorry Lucy, open curtains show occupancy, we want people to think that this is still an empty cottage, cloak and dagger I'm afraid," Tom asked, to hear Captain Brown tut.

"Add a new person to level five access, name Tom," Captain Brown said to no one in particular.

"Tom confirmed. Tom, please speak clearly?" The house computer requested.

"Hi, I'm Tom."

"Add a new person to level eight access, name Lucy," Captain Brown repeated the process.

"Lucy confirmed. Lucy, please speak clearly?" The house computer repeated its pre-programmed request.

"Lucy here house," Lucy answered, familiar with the technique.

"Hang on Captain, Lucy is a level eight and I'm a plain level five?" Tom protested.

"Lucy will need to access the internet and her profiles online, whereas I don't think you can reach yours,"

Captain Brown answered. "Right, that is you two set up. I'll need that list of equipment you need as soon as you can."

Captain Brown went to leave by the front door, but then realised and turned to leave from the back, glancing at Tom in despair. Once the back door closed behind him, Lucy burst with a barrage of exciting ideas.

"This is perfect Tom. We can install all the instruments here, but we need to get Peter on board as soon as possible, then the two of us can run simulations, with duplicate setups."

"Whoa, hold on there. We're not sure about our budget yet. Let's get a list of the minimum of 'A' grade equipment we need for the initial evaluations first. Then let's see what the kickback is from that initial cost, and then maybe we'll need to draft a second list of 'B' grade gear. I'm not convinced Balthazar is as community-spirited as he should be." Tom interrupted Lucy.

"What do you mean by that?"

"Well, he was quick to take the evidence away with him and possibly straight back to the IGC fold it came from," Tom explained. "This smacks of corruption at a high level and it's best we trust no one."

"I'm sure you're being paranoid, Tom, but for now we'll tread carefully."

"So, we need to find Peter and bring him into our little team." Tom reminded her. "He can be Q"

Lucy looked at him questioningly. "What?"

"Haha, when we have time, I will tell you all about James Bond in our world. Q was his quartermaster, equipping him with wonderful gadgets and cars, which seem apt for Peter."

Lucy chuckled, seeing the parallel. "He'll be sunning himself in his back garden reading, knowing him. He lives along the valley. We can use the cross-country path to reach him so no one will see us."

She chuckled again, willing to accommodate Tom's paranoia. They left the house by the back door and returned down the back path, then followed the cross-country path out of the village. As they walked, Tom asked Lucy about genetic nanobots and how they were changing his senses.

"They shouldn't affect you at all. Mum being on heat shouldn't have crossed the species boundary, but if you didn't have nanobots, then there was nothing to switch that off." Lucy pondered.

"But previous off-world visitors haven't displayed the same affects, or they would have known, surely?"

"I've not seen any record of it. But then none have met a cat or dog on heat on their first day. Maybe that was the catalyst? We won't know until I look at a sample of your blood and DNA, Tom."

"Okay, so long as the contents of that yellow box are our priority. If you can discover anything, in the meantime is a bonus."

"About two years ago, they upgraded all nanobots for the first time in decades. They undertook all the peer revues and trials, but maybe they never considered someone who didn't have existing nanobots already present. There were papers written about potential side effects, but none considered someone from a parallel world turning up."

Lucy had diverted them off the cross-country path and up another running along the ridgeline of the valley. They caught glimpses of the village below through trees and hedges. It amazed Tom that even walking on two legs, Lucy showed a feline grace, even when skipping over a style along the path. Lucy turned to catch him admiring her, then watched him attempt to copy her and fail.

"You humans can be so clumsy," Lucy laughed.

The path dropped down the valley slightly to the back of some cottages and in the back of one was Peter, who sat at a table, reading in the sunshine.

"Hi, Peter, no hangover this morning?" Lucy called.

Poor Peter looked up, shocked and surprised that Lucy was calling on him, almost falling off his chair. He put his book down and almost ran up the path to open the gate in the low wall.

"Wow, Lucy, Tom, it's lovely to see you both." Peter stammered, looking at Tom quizzically. "I'm not really hung-over, more sore-headed. I'm surprised you're up and about Tom after that long line of beer you had queued up for you."

"Thankfully, I had the sense not to drink all of it, but also by working. I think I wore some of it off before going to bed." Tom chuckled, shooting a knowing glance at Lucy, causing her to blush. "We have something interesting to discuss. There is more to the saving of Pisces story than you may know."

Tom and Lucy sat down at Peter's garden table and then explained all about the plot behind the entrapment of Pisces in the crab pot and the yellow box recovered from Tor rock. He explained his theory of the IGC and once again had to play the 'hide the stone in his fists' game to prove his point.

The inhabitants of this world were too trusting, almost naïve. Tom pondered how they would survive in his world, with all the emails, phone, and street scams around. As they explained the deal, Tom had agreed with Captain Brown and Balthazar Peter's fascination grew as he burst with excitement...

"Oh... Please tell me you need my help? Lucy, you know I can build exactly what we need." Peter burst with enthusiasm.

Peter grabbed a pen and pad and started scribbling notes, talking to himself, with Lucy nodding in agreement with the technical equipment he was adding to the list. Tom had to wave his hand over the paper to attract Peter's attention back to him.

"The trouble is Peter, with the potential of one or more moles in the IGC, we can't purchase, search or log into any networks that will record our intentions or highlight that we are investigating genetic material."

Peter's face dropped, then engaged a new gear, tearing off his original notes, scrunching the page into a ball, and starting scribbling once more.

"That's ok, we can change an agricultural nanosensor wave scanner, plus use some off the shelf diagnostic equipment." Peter excitedly listed reams of equipment on his notepad.

"Can we do that Peter?" Lucy excited enquired. "We're on an unknown budget. Tom's concerned that Balthazar may try to strangle any real research by limiting the budget."

"Haha, you kittens are so straight... How do you think I managed both midterm and end of term experiments? You don't think I collected all that data in the limited time they allocated to us in the labs, did you? I built exactly what we need in my student lodgings... I brought it all home with me and everything we need is in boxes in my bedroom." Peter beamed at Lucy, proudly announcing his achievement.

"But that would have cost you way more than your student grant?" Lucy gasped.

"I sold the data to the other students, which is how they could all continue partying whilst we studied. I made a tidy profit in the end and have already shut down the source so it's untraceable. The university will never find out that it came from me. I added in some variables, so everyone's data has enough random scatter. They won't be able to claim plagiarism and students get roughly the scores expected of them, only giving a few high-paying students a boost. Otherwise, it would raise a few eyebrows if we all aced our exams."

Lucy jumped out of her chair at him and kissed him, causing him to blush. "You sly fox, you deserve a medal. So let's see what we need, what we have, and then we can still give Balthazar a list of purchases, even if we don't need it."

Tom jumped into the conversation. "What if the list we give of purchases is false, so any other geneticist reviewing the items will think we are looking up the wrong path, so will discover nothing and then no one will consider us a threat?"

The three all laughed at their brilliance. Peter led them up to his bedroom, and they all carried down various boxes of electronics back out into the garden. Immediately, Lucy and Peter began sorting through the boxes to make two distinct piles, with Lucy tutting and giving Peter disapproving looks every time they added something to the smaller pile.

"So what's wrong with that pile?" Tom asked, noticing Lucy's disapproval and pointing at the smaller pile.

"I suspect they belong to other money-making, grade cheating schemes." Lucy sneered.

"If the market demands, any good entrepreneur would fill any demand." Peter tried to explain. "Plus boost my grades at the same time."

The pair made an inventory of everything in the larger pile, making a new list and ticking items and equivalents off Peter's original list. They impressed Tom, seeing his merry band of spymasters working enthusiastically with technology he couldn't even pretend to comprehend.

"Apart from some wires, plugs and screens, we have everything here, but we can do preliminary scans." Lucy excitedly told Tom, "Which means we can give Balthazar a false list of items that will include items we can use to investigate your blood and DNA at the same time."

Peter was once again looking at the pair quizzically. "What don't I know now?"

"Tom is from a parallel world. In the spring storms, he accidentally came through a portal. He's had a few... Ahem... Encounters with this world's DNA and our nanobots are giving him bonus boosts no one could have ever imagined." Lucy excitedly told him, trying not to blush.

"Ooo... can we dissect you, Tom?" Peter laughed, to see Tom's face rear up in shock. "Haha, I see your world has the same Sci-Fi stories as ours... No, we won't need to dissect you. All we need is a blood sample."

Lucy giggled at the notion, seeing Tom roll his eyes, not finding it funny.

Tom explained. "What I'm worried about is contamination of the samples. I think it gives us two problems..."

"A. If those samples contain nanobots, they can't escape, contaminating any of us."

"B. Once this is all over, you guys won't be able to confirm data if any of the samples have been contaminated."

Now Lucy and Peter both looked incredulously at Tom and chuckled.

"We don't even need to open any sample bottles. All testing uses non-intrusive scanners, whether sampling or diagnosing the nanobots. If we had the right equipment, we could even program the nanobots remotely." Peter explained and then reeled off the technicalities as Tom halted him.

"Sorry Peter, you'll be wasting your breath as I flunked out of university. But that is a relief; it was one of the main stumbling blocks I foresaw." Tom admitted. "I think I can trust you two with the technicalities and I'll stick to paranoia."

Peter carried the smaller pile of equipment back up to his bedroom. Lucy poured over the rest, double-checking the inventory. It disappointed Tom to look at the dull pile of the equipment. It lacked flashing lights and glowing dilithium crystals... Not even humming radioactive boxes with meters showing needles flickering in the red zones.

"The three of us should easily carry all this down the lanes to the cottage," Peter said upon his return.

"Ahh, well, we may have to make two trips, as we can't be seen using the cottage. This is all top secret on a need to know basis, Peter. We'll need to go return by the way we came up, on the cross-country paths."

Lucy shrugged her shoulders in acceptance, looking at Peter. "It's alright, you'll get used to his off-world paranoia. But something tells me these are all prudent precautions after the attempt on Pisces' life."

They sized up what they could easily carry, moving the rest inside Peter's cottage, and then started down the path back to the cottage. A few walkers passed them but no one local, who would ask questions and they reached the cottage without problems.

Inside the cottage, Lucy started arranging equipment as Peter and Tom returned to Peter's house to bring the rest. Peter on the walk back excitedly thanks Tom for including him on the project and giving him the chance to work with Lucy again. Once back at Peter's house, Peter added some notes and reference books to the pile, and the two carried it all back to Q's lair.

Peter and Lucy were in their element, shuffling equipment around, busying themselves, muttering to each other about which sequence they would run first, second and parameters, both scribbling notes and nodding in agreement. Tom was very much superfluous to all this, and he had other things on his mind, so made his excuses and left.

Tom walked two doors up, clambered over the wall, and knocked on Sarah's cottage's back door. There was no answer, so he popped his head around the door.

"Hi... Anyone home? Tom here." Tom called, not sure what the etiquette would be and whether he should enter.

He heard a voice echo back, a padding noise of paws on floorboards, and one of the two remaining triplets appeared, although Tom didn't know which one. It surprised her to see him at the back door, rather than the front.

"Hi Tom, you looking for mum or Lucy?" She asked.

Not being sure which triplet she was, Tom wasn't sure if his question would cause offence...

"I was hoping to talk to Chrys?"

The kitten laughed. "And you're not sure if I am or not?"

"Err, well, you are all identical..."

"If I was Chrys, what were you going to ask me?"

"I wanted to ask about the storms, portals and the North American Teleportation Organisation... If you are Chrys."

"Oh, is that all? Well, okay, but first I have a little chore that needs a human's help if you don't mind?"

"Oh, of course, anything to help."

Tom answered, happy to help, stepping into the house and closed the door behind him. "Lead the way."

Chrys turned around and scampered up the stairs, disappearing into the kitten's bedroom. Tom followed to enter the room with three single beds, to see the kitten led upside down on a bed, with her head hanging off the bottom of the bed, looking up whilst pointing at the ceiling.