All Comments on 'Tonight I Want To Cry'

by Daniellekitten

Sort by:
  • 41 Comments
MalkorMalkorabout 16 years ago
Loved it the first time...

And I love it even more this time. You do such an excellent job illustrating just how easy it is to slide. I have seen how one beer (or one toke) can turn into more. I do appreciate that your main character in this story does realize that he will not be able to get past the addiction alone. You really nailed it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
Beautiful writing

I haven't read many or any of your stories, but that is my loss. This was a beautifully written, very sad story with a happy ending. Nice going.

60 year old George

bruce22bruce22about 16 years ago
At first

an exhausting and moving picture of a lost soul,

the epiphany beautiful, but I am not convinced...

You have to give me more reasons to believe that this

is forever.

HonourHonourabout 16 years ago
Tender

I missed this first time round a lovelypicture of hope.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
You should stick to what you know

Loving wifes ain't it. Besides, if 90 year old Joe likes it, it has to be crap.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
Wow!

Wow! Um. Wow. Awesome. You never cease to amaze me with your work.

-- KK in Texas

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
Never Say Never

Kitten, there are those rare moments, even for the addicted when that magical, mystical, mysterious "Something" reclaims even a life of addiction and brings wholeness.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
Awesome

I really enjoyed the story. It was a simple story of love. We all need hope and this story was an awesome show of that.

PrincessErinPrincessErinabout 16 years ago
Interesting

Very different story from your others. Very nice just the same.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
They have to change

A fine story that almost captures the feeling of looking at the world from inside the bottle. Alcoholics cannot just stop, they have to change. I know, I did twenty two years ago. I did it to keep the love of a caring wife that was unwilling to ignore my fermented mistress any longer.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
Next song

Great story and loved how you worked the song in. I almost am fearful to see if you can write one to Whiskey Luluby. Thats a beautiful song with a sad story.

VULCAN4231VULCAN4231about 16 years ago
This Shows

How good an author you really are.Good friend alcohol,terrible enemy.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
Thanks for reposting (",)

Hey Danielle ... Thanks for reposting. It's as poignant as it was the first time 'round (well it is to me!). It's still moving. Callie (",)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
Daaaaaaayum......

There are times when I read some of the drivel that's posted on this site where I think I'll just stop reading altogether. Then I found this short piece of paradise. You are one of a small handful of truly gifted writers that I can come back to over and over and never get tired of reading!

This short hit me like a kick to the groin, liver, and teeth all at once, painful memories that needed to be resolved. Thank you, Ms. Kitten, for writing such a beautiful and poignant short!!!

mr_bonehead

junesmatejunesmatealmost 16 years ago
I almost did...

Danielle...

I have been disgusted by the rubbish that Literotica has been serving up lately as 'Loving Wives' tales - there's nothing loving about a wife who deliberately sets out to cheat on her husband, usually giving to others what she denies to him.

In your story that love is shared by the husband who, because he can't properly express it loses his wife - temporarily we hope - as he sinks into the Hell of alcohol addiction. The Loving Wife is still there but she can no longer take the treatment her husband is dishing out.

Yet again brilliantly written. A cracking piece of literature, worthy of publication in the 'acceptable media'.

I have my own, similar, story that I doubt I will ever tell but reading this I almost did cry.

You're a 'wee stoatter!'

sassyGirl1234sassyGirl1234over 15 years ago
WOW

that made me cry

it was vary good

who needs it to be erotic all the time its even better some times when it ant

bignsassy818bignsassy818over 14 years ago
Touching

Tearing up right now. Especially when you listen to the song while reading, very emotional.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Pleasing

I don't know if this is a same old-same old re-run of a common story, I don't read that many of them, but it made me feel good for the characters.

In short, I enjoyed the story.

auhunter04auhunter04almost 13 years ago
all to often

all to often it is just too damn late, the wounds never quite heal, neither was the need.

As I sit here after having a totally horrible few days, brought on by myself, I could easily go sink into a bottle. I have been sober going on 19 years and the need is upon me hard very hard.

I have no one to cling to or hold me nor do I care anymore. I will just go on as best I can for my alloted time here on this earth

tazz317tazz317over 12 years ago
A MAN HAS GOT TO TRY

and to hold back emotions will never work. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
If only

it was that easy!

Pour away the liquor, smarten yourself up, buy flowers, get your wife back.

I don't think so.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
And hey, that is why this is fiction

I agree, if this were any kind of story claiming that true life is like this. Isn't terrible that life isn't this way. Always a pleasure...

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Wrong category!

Good story though.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveabout 11 years ago
Decent

Good tale about regret. About losing the love of your life and getting her back. It's a shame this is only a story. Real life is much more difficult.

maninconnmaninconnover 9 years ago
Thanks.

Well done. I had to go download the song.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
HECK OF A STORY

Thank you. It takes courage to show weakness.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Wunderschön. Danke

Five stars ⭐️

26thNC26thNCalmost 5 years ago
So good

I really enjoyed your story. This one I could really feel.

LilacQueen15LilacQueen15about 4 years ago

Don't see him as an alcoholic. Just a man with a drinking problem. Very different things actually.

Excellent, beautiful story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
What The Love

Of and for a beautiful woman can accomplish. A truly Loving Wife, the best way to find your way home from despair. Beautiful story, neighbor. Signed: BTW

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I did some serious drinking at one time in my life. One day I just walked away from it and never thought much about it again. I had half a beer a few years later and thought, "This tastes horrible." That was over 20 years ago and I haven't even thought about having another drink again.

Before that I had smoked for several years and was up to 2 packs a day. One day I threw the pack I had in my pocket across the street and never thought, or desired to ever smoke again.

I wish all my bad habits went that way. But it can be done.

26thNC26thNCalmost 3 years ago

Again, a really good loving wife story told with emotion.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Impressive! 5

2cookies4u2cookies4uover 2 years ago

It was very intense! If you've never felt that kind of love before you might not think so. But if you have; it means everything to you. Great job Danielle!!

2cookies4u2cookies4uover 2 years ago

It was very intense! If you've never felt that kind of love before you might not think so. But if you have; it means everything to you. Great job Danielle!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I very rarely vote or comment on stories that are over a year old because most writers on this site don't stay around that long, I comment to the writer not other readers. But this story got my attention. I quit drinking when I came home 4 hours late, drunk and mean on my wife's birthday. Fortunately, she forgave me but it took a while and a lot of work by both of us, we celebrate our 60th anniversary next month. I wish you would write more.

detroitdave

Btrying2Btrying2about 2 years ago

Beautiful story spun by a masterful storyteller. My heart ached for the two of them as I thought of her pain as he described his own Such incongruent thoughts and actions we humans can try to bible together as we try to be one thing or another instead of just being us/me. The pain we cause each other especially the ones we love the most.

Thank you for this brief look into the abyss that alcohol and or drugs can create. While your statement that one can not just stop drinking there has to be a point at which one resolves to change to quit. This was his point. Will he slip and drink again - my money is on NO. His pain of not having her is so much greater than the pain of no alcohol in my estimation. I would be interested to see his his and her life plays out in your mind/universe.

Thanks for sharing. John

bigurnbigurnover 1 year ago

I don't get it. The point of the story, that is. Sorry, only a 3star story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Beautiful story....redemption just in time because real love is strong.

SatyrDickSatyrDickover 1 year ago

[09.12.22]

Beautiful!

11/10!!!!!

woodrangewoodrangeabout 1 year ago

A simple story of love you say.but complex enough to kick start a heart.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userDaniellekitten@Daniellekitten
Hey: I'm sorry about chapter two of Captive Angel being posted before chapter one. There was a paragraph or two that needed editing and I turned it back in to those who run this place. It should be out soon. Also. If there are any of my books you would like reported just tell...

SIMILAR Stories