Too Clever by a Mile Ch. 09

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Cathy never got in a word, but at least she was more the arbiter of her own fate than before. She smiled and nodded her head, "What about food?" She was famished for something tasty.

Theresa squeezed her hand, "Nothing that might cause constipation I'm afraid. We don't want any straining down there."

Cathy looked away, "Oh OK."

++++++++++++

Cathy hadn't realized it, but her one jailor was about to be replaced by two and each one had an agenda. She started to find out the next morning.

First thing the next morning Theresa was at her bedside, "Good morning Cathy. Feeling good this morning?"

Cathy yawned, "Pretty good I guess. Can I go downstairs today?"

Theresa smiled sweetly, "Steve's out right now, but he'll be back around 10:00; how about an afternoon in the sitting room?"

For Cathy, after two weeks in the bedroom, the sitting room sounded like a visit to the Grand Canyon, "That would be great."

Theresa bustled around a little until she got what she needed ready, "Before Steve gets back let's get you cleaned up."

Cathy stretched, "OK."

Theresa pulled the covers down, "I'll make the bed when you're downstairs. Right now though let's get you cleaned up. I'll do your lower extremities."

Cathy only smiled.

Theresa lifted Cathy's nightie and looked over her friend's rear end and vagina, 'Cathy honey I'm going to give you a little suppository."

"A suppository why"

"Well we don't want any accidents downstairs. Now just lie still." Theresa opened a little sachet and pulled out a small packet, "I'll put this in, and it will dissolve on its own. As it dissolves anything you might have inside will come out."

Cathy rolled over on her side so Theresa could put in the suppository. It seemed like Theresa was taking forever. First she took some wet wipes and softly rubbed over her ass cheeks. That done she used her fingers to carefully spread her rectum. Cathy felt the suppository as Theresa slowly pushed it in. It wasn't hard or anything, and it didn't hurt, but it produced the strangest sensations, almost like the way it felt when Steve went inside her vagina.

Theresa kept working it around, and in and out, "I want to get it all in. Tell me if it hurts, and I'll stop."

Cathy lay perfectly still. If anything it felt exquisitely good; it sort of felt like sex. She even squirmed just a little.

Theresa asked, "I'm not hurting you am I?"

Cathy sighed, "No, I'm fine."

After a few more moments Theresa stopped. She softly patted Cathy's rump, "That's good. Now I have something for your vagina."

"My vagina," Cathy asked?

Theresa could see Cathy's face, but Cathy couldn't see hers. If she had she would have been surprised. This was as good as sex for Theresa, "Now roll over and lie back on your back."

Cathy rolled over on her back.

Theresa took a soft cotton towel and dabbed Cathy's vagina. Then she used her fingers to wipe a soft comfort cream all over the surface of her mons. She was careful to slowly and gently rub over every tiny smidgen of labia and the outer crevices of her uterine cavity. She used her fingers to gently tweak Cathy's clitoris. Theresa leaned in real close and carefully blew the cream dry.

The gentle blowing was like a spring breeze on Cathy's private parts. She was soon wetter from the blow dry than from the original cream. Cathy murmured, "That feels good."

Theresa took her left hand and gently rubbed over Cathy's rounded tummy. She spent extra long around her navel.

It felt good, and Cathy sighed again.

Theresa whispered, "I'm going to insert a small vaginal douche. Now hold still."

Cathy lay quite still while Theresa slowly inserted a firm but not at all uncomfortable object in her vagina. It was nothing like Steve's penis, but it was the first thing that had been up there in nearly three weeks. It felt very good. It seemed like Theresa's fingers were everywhere and she spent an inordinate amount of time getting the thing in. She kept rubbing back and forth across her clitoris. It felt extremely good. Her privates were getting very sensitive. It wasn't like sex with Steve, but it sure felt good. She had a warm luscious feeling all over. If this kept up she'd need some kind of release.

Theresa helped her roll over, and for the next several minutes she used her fingers and cotton swabs to clean her rear end. Every now and then one of Theresa's fingers went just a little way inside. Cathy inadvertently pushed against Theresa's fingers when she did get inside.

At last Theresa helped Cathy roll over on her back. She cleaned up the fluids that had seeped from her vagina; again Theresa's fingers were all over the place, nothing fast, nothing hurried, just a slow steady, casual, but increasingly firm set of pressures and movements across her clitoris, up and down her labia, and inside her vagina.

By the time Theresa had finished Cathy was reaching down to her vagina to massage herself to orgasm. Theresa pushed her hand away, "Let's get you dressed. Steve will be here any moment."

Theresa got her into a pair of cotton panties and then helped her get a shorty romper on. Theresa pulled it up her legs and over her privates and ass, then up and over her tummy. She buttoned it up to the top. By the time she was finished Cathy was completely encased. Her poor pussy was hot and wet, but now dressed and ready for Steve, she was helplessly trapped. She'd be horny all day, she was sure of it.

++++++++++++

Steve did show up. He carried her to the sitting room and laid her back on the loveseat. They spent the day watching old movies and just kissing and fondling. He made her miserable. He didn't touch her vagina or rear end a single time. All his other kissing and the way he touched her cheeks, her neck, and her breasts only made her worse. The seam of the romper pressed against her cotton panties, the cotton panties found their way inside her vaginal crease. By suppertime she was ready for anything, but when Theresa came in to help get her ready for dinner all she saw was more vaginal mucus. She had no way of knowing the mucus she inspected had nothing to do with placental previa, it was all about sexual frustration.

Steve took her upstairs where she had supper.

Supper was another matter. Cathy looked at the food on her plate, "What's this?"

Steve reached across and patter her hand, "Theresa thought it best that you eat a little differently till the baby comes."

Cathy looked askance at the food on her plate, "Yeah, but what's this?"

Steve winked, "Well let's see. Those are mashed potatoes. These are acorn squash, and this is chicken; oh and this under the lid that's blueberry buckle, and here's some skim milk."

Cathy looked at Steve like he was crazy, "its all baby food."

Cathy was furious, "I can't eat this!"

Steve grabbed both her hands before she could do anything. While he held her hands in front of her he chided, "Now Cathy. It's only for a few weeks. Once the baby comes I'll take you out and you can order lobster."

She was beside herself, "I'm not eating this."

Steve rearranged her hands so that he had her two hands in one of his, much like he'd done one night when they made love, "Now look here sweetheart. Do I have to feed you?"

Cathy glowered.

Steve picked up her fork and scooped up a portion of squash. He held the fork to her mouth, "Come on; open wide."

Cathy turned her head.

Steve followed with the fork, "Come on now."

She turned the other way,'

He followed, "Cathy."

She opened her mouth.

He pushed the fork in so she could take the squash, "That's my girl."

She surrendered, "OK, let go, I'll eat."

He let her hands go.

Cathy quickly picked up the tray and threw it across the bedroom.

Steve calmly got ut of bed, "Now that wasn't very smart honey." He quietly went about cleaning up the mess. Then he called downstairs for another tray. Shortly one of the Spanish ladies was at the door with a second tray of food. This time Steve sat beside his wife. With one hand he firmly held her two small hands in place at her throat while he slowly and deliberately fed her dinner. When he was finished he took a napkin and wiped her chin, "Now that wasn't too bad was it?"

She glared over at him, "I hate you Steve Murphy. I should have robbed you when I could. You're a real stinker."

He laughed. It was a loud uproarious laugh, "OK, so Theresa and I played a little trick on you today. How would you like to go to the hospice tomorrow? I mean if you're not too hot and bothered?"

She looked at him in disbelief, "You, you and Theresa? The suppositories, the douche, all afternoon on the loveseat, this stupid food, you two planned it all?"

He couldn't stop laughing, "Fun wasn't it."

Cathy started to cry, and then her tears turned to laughter. She couldn't control herself. She wanted to laugh. She wanted to cry. It had been one heck of a day, "I hate you Steve Murphy. I love you Steve Murphy!" She reached around the bed and pulled him into her arms, "I love you so much! Oh I love you. I love you. I love you so much." She kissed him and kissed him, and kissed him. She was crying. She was laughing. She was oh so unbelievably happy.

Later that night they made love. It was exquisite; no intromission. He did her, and she did him. He kissed her, and snuggled her, and fondled her, and caressed her; she kissed him, and snuggled him, and fondled him, and caressed him. Afterward he lay with his head gently resting on her tummy.

He listened to their baby's heartbeat, "Can you hear it Cathy?"

"I can sort of. I feel it more than hear it."

He kissed her tummy, "I'll get a stethoscope tomorrow. We'll listen in together from now on every night."

She giggled, "You mean we'll eavesdrop on our oldest child?"

He smoothed his hand over her tummy, "Whoever he or she is; they're not old enough to argue yet."

She fluffed his hair, his long sandy hair, "You want to get a test and find out the sex?"

He looked up and winked, "No, let's let it be a surprise."

She curled her head down so she could kiss the top of his, "OK, it'll be a surprise."

They curled up together, arm in arm, belly to belly, heart to heart, and slowly drifted off to sleep.

++++++++++++

The next morning Theresa was back in the bedroom but this time there were no suppositories douches. She had a bag filled with clothes. They were all three going to get dressed up and go to the hospice. Theresa opened the bag, "Steve's downstairs and getting dressed. Here, let me help you get ready." She pulled out a knee length white and blue dress with an empire waist and low cut neckline. It had short sleeves and capped shoulders; ruffles trimmed the low neckline and the edges of the sleeves. Theresa's outfit was very similar. She let Cathy sit on the bed while she helped her put it on. The dress was followed by long white thigh high stocking and dark blue slippers. Then Theresa got her outfit out. It was identical except hers was trimmed in red not blue.

Cathy leaned back on the bed, "I see, Snow White and Rose Red."

Theresa twirled around in her dress. She felt awkward wearing a dress, but this was for Cathy so she'd put up with it, "Steve is downstairs pouting his Prince Charming outfit on."

Cathy smiled happily, "Prince Charming. He really is isn't he?"

Theresa climbed on the bed bedside her best friend, "And you really, you're Cinderella."

Cathy hugged Theresa, "I love you Theresa."

Theresa hugged her back, "I love you too."

++++++++++++

Steve carried Cathy downstairs. They got in the rented van and drove to the hospice. It was a great day. None of the children were real bad off so they were able to play and frolic about without serious fear. Only Cathy stayed put. She kept her place in the big carriage Theresa had found for her. Later that afternoon they all went home. Steve ordered carry out. He got Cathy lobster.

++++++++++++

Things looked pretty good. The money for the addition was there, they'd started to talk about breaking ground. Theresa was her new doting companion, and Steve was by her side each and every morning and night. Better, Steve had kept an open mind about ministers and priests. He'd even started talking to them. Even better than that, her pregnancy had moved along smoothly. There wasn't anymore spotting, and she felt great.

She was early in her seventh month. She awakened and there was blood, not just a few driblets of mucus, but blood. Cathy checked the clock. It was still early. Steve might not have left yet. She called out, "Steve! Steve!"

He hadn't left. In fact he was on the toilet when she called out. He yelled back, "I'm right here. What's wrong?"

Cathy was scared and getting worse by the second. She wasn't just spotting. She was bleeding, "Steve help! I'm bleeding!"

He was out of the bathroom and by the bed in a split second, "Let me see." One look and he'd seen enough, Lie still." He grabbed his cell phone and hit 911, "I'm at, he gave his address, my wife is seven months pregnant and it looks like she's hemorrhaging. Yes..." He'd answered some question, "I'll be right here. Hurry please!" He put down the phone.

Cathy was hysterical, "Steve I'm going to lose the baby!"

He ran to the bedroom door and yelled down the hall, "Theresa come quick!" he ran back to Cathy. She'd started to sit up. He pushed her to the bed. He cupped her head in his arms; He tried to quiet her down, "Shush now. I called 911. An ambulance is on the way. You'll be fine. The baby will be fine."

She was crying uncontrollably. She cried out, "My baby. I'm losing my baby!"

He held her tight, "No you're not. Don't be silly. You're seven months along. He or she just might be arriving a little early that's all."

Theresa rushed into the room, "The baby's coming. I read up on this. It's not that unusual with this situation." Her comments seemed to help somewhat.

Cathy pressed her head into Steve's chest, "I'm scared Steve. I don't want to lose my baby."

He held her tight, "You won't. It'll be all right."

It couldn't have been more than two or three minutes later when they heard the ambulance. Steve had Cathy crushed to his chest, "Listen, they're here already."

Second later the paramedics were upstairs in the room. There was blood all over the sheets, but it looked a lot worse than it really was. The lead paramedic saw it all. He smiled, "Looks like somebody's coming a little early." He turned to his partner, "What do you think. Should we do it here, or try to get her to the hospital."

The other paramedic moved in for a closer look, "Let's go to the hospital. She could be hours away."

The first paramedic looked at Cathy and then at Steve, "There you have it from the man who knows. We've got plenty of time."

They lifted her on the stretcher they'd brought up, and had her in the ambulance a minute later. They turned the siren on, and with Cathy and Steve in the back the driver sped off to the hospital.

Steve and Cathy's little girl was a little ahead of the seven month cycle, but they got her out safely and in an incubator right away. For Steve, the doctors and the paramedics the whole procedure went just about the way it was supposed to. From Cathy's perspective it wasn't quite that simple.

By the time they'd gotten to the hospital Cathy was having some serious pain. Appropriate medications were administered, and the delivery proceeded pretty much as expected. The little girl, as yet unnamed, was safely ensconced. Steve was cooling his heels in the Cathy's hospital room waiting for her to come around. The doctors and nurses were in and out; oblivious of the terror their guests had just gone through.

Cathy slowly emerged from her drug induced rest. She panicked, "My baby, where's my baby?"

Steve was at her side, "Cathy."

Steve, where's my baby. Tell my baby's not dead."

He held her hand tightly, "Our baby's not dead. She's fine. You know she came early, two and a half months early. She's safe, safer than either one of us."

Where is she? I need to see her."

"All right, hold still. I'll get someone." Steve stepped out of the hospital rom and found a nurse, "My wife wants to see our baby."

The nurse chided, "Let me see Mrs. Murphy." The nurse went into Cathy's room, "Mrs. Murphy your baby's a preemie. She's not ready to fro you to hold yet, but we can take you to her. Would that be all right?"

Cathy nodded, "I need to see my baby."

They got Cathy on a gurney and wheeled her down the hall to where her baby was located. Cathy looked in through the glass at her little creation. She had to see her to make sure she was OK. She lay on the gurney while Steve held her hand, "Our baby Steve; our own little girl. What name did you give her?"

Steve held Cathy's hand, "I waited for you dear. We talked about a name, but I didn't want to jump the gun."

Cathy looked up at Steve. He was a good man. He was going to be a good father.

++++++++++++

They gave the baby the name they'd agreed if she turned out to be a girl. She was a long time at the hospital before she was deemed fit to face the world. She came home young and strong, a powerful little girl with a powerful set of new lungs, and a strong little heart.

An Epilogue:

Fall was almost over. There was a definite nip in the air. They were all in the back yard. Cathy looked out at the swimming pool, the famous swimming pool. She glanced down at the evergreens at the end of the yard. She remembered a chase down there. There was the gazebo, oh the gazebo. She was still a little on the round side and her breasts were a full size larger. The baby in the cradle beside her had become a real handful, quite spoiled. Though she'd come out too little and too soon, she was beautiful, a real cherub now. They named her Ginger, Ginger Leah Murphy. Cathy was sure neither person; not the frail little girl who'd died in the spring or Steve's first wife would have minded that they'd borrowed their names. She thought about the idea of borrowed names; life was way too fragile too precious to worry about little things like that. She looked down at her baby. She was so perfect. She was so tiny.

Steve didn't know it yet, but Cathy had a hunch she was pregnant again. She'd had one period right shortly after Ginger Lee was born, but nothing since. She hoped she was. She wanted a big family. She wanted to fill the house with kids. They'd need a swing set in a couple years. They had to plan ahead. There was school. The public schools where they lived were all pretty good, but they had to think about college too that wouldn't be cheap.

Steve and Theresa were in the yard arguing over names for the addition. They'd break ground in the spring. When she and Steve had gotten married Theresa had been her maid of honor. That seemed like such a long time ago now. It had been the next to the last time she ever saw Theresa in a dress. The only other time had been when the three of them had gone to the hospice together. Theresa was a dike, hardcore, and openly admitted it now. Over by the shed her latest lady friend was talking to Carol.

Cathy leaned back and let the sun warm her face. Enjoy the moment she told herself, it's all anyone really has. The phone could ring at any time. There were sick kids to think about, pray for, and love. Love, yes love; no matter what, through sickness and health, bright days and sad, there was always love. She looked down. Ginger was starting to cry. She yelled across the yard, "Hey Steve. She's done it again. It's your turn!"

He smiled and waved. He was coming over. Cathy opened the cloth diaper bag, she got out the powder, a clean hand wipe, and a pamper.

12