All Comments on 'Too Great a Temptation Ch. 05'

by jack_straw

Sort by:
  • 102 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Unbelievable

Teriffic series. I tried last night to figure an ending. I brought the boys into it, yet ended up with a similar punch--never thouht of Ciliac(?) though. Was sure they wouldsettle the problem,

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Happy Ending

Though I thoroughly enjoyed the ending, I also realize that divorce would likely be the ending in the "real world". I can also testify to the effacy of Cialis.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Good story- missed the revenge angle!

First of all, I appreciate your efforts as an author. The story is basically un-realistic due to HIV and other issues but I certainly admire your ability. I obviously am not satisfied with the ending- he did not get any type of justifiable revenge and she deserves to be buried in the desert with a several bullets in her head. But I digress. However, I continue to look forward to your work, you bring the emotions of the characters to life in your stories and this cheating bitch should be dead but again this is a fantasy site & story. Just my opinion!

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Sorry

I had a problem. It's hard enough to forgive her. But then she basically says she needs 2 months to think about whether she can stomach being just with him without fucking whomever she wants whenever she wants. Either her marriage is important or it isn't. No matter how in love he was, that tells him it won't be returned. I would expect the appropriate response to be, "Two months? Take the rest of your life."

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Why Bother

A lot of words that boil down to his wife is a slutish whore and like a pitiful cuckolded wimp he still loves after years and yards of cheating cock sucking and fucking behind his back??? Cmon. A Braindead Fool by your hand!

Not a fantasy - a fairy tale - You author are better than this crap!

Kanga40Kanga40over 18 years ago
I basically liked this series

and refrained from comment until the end.

Like one commentator below, I had my biggest problem with the two months to make the decision thing - unfortunately it is far too unrealistic. Howard sure should have been impressed that she needed to take two months to decide if he was important enough.

The plot was basic and a vehicle for the sex descriptions and overall it was well written and had continuity. I'm not a great one for creampies, but liked your sex scenes.

Will be waiting for more from you.

Ignore the anonymous naysayers.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
dammit

dammit,that was great,i really liked it,and thanks for not dragging it out for days and days.it was perfect

gusteufgusteufover 18 years ago
Enjoyed the story....

But, I have to agree with others. Taking two months to decide if she wants her husband? Not realistic from his point of view. There is no way that a wronged spouse is going to believe that she is going to be gone for 2 months and be alone. She has not been able to go any length of time with her legs closed for the last 7 years, with multible partners! He has to think that she is either having all her lovers as a huge final hurrah or screwing them to see if she still desires her husband at all.

I do like reconciliations, yours has pushed my believability quite a bit. However thanks for the tale and I await your next story

Gus

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Too Good To Be True...

All chapters of this story were done quite well, but the ending to this chapter is TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE. Most husbands would not settle for their wife cheating no matter how long they have been married. Howard should have made his so called adorable wife tell thier sons what she had been doing and if they did not believe her, show them the log books. Then he should have filed for a divorce and kicked her slutty ass out the door. He might have lost in the short run, but he would not have to worry about his wife cheating on him in the future and she will. ONCE A CHEAT, ALWAYS A CHEAT...

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Great series.. ending a little too much

Overall, I greatly enjoyed this series. Anything that gets one's emotions stirred and thinking about one's feelings in that situation is pretty good in my book. I think overall, given your characterizations, things ended ok if rather implausible to us in the "real world". My interpretation was that Howard was still in love enough and rather afraid of "retirement lonliness" that it pushed him to work on things. I still wonder though, in the end it all seemed about satisfying her needs, her sexual desires and what about his?

The two months thing was, well ridiculous from a trust standpoint (both her career and marriage debate) but I could see how it might work (and did for getting them together for a sex scene). One thing about realism, is its rather depressing at times and not something we always want in our fiction but I think the health aspect is one that should maybe have been touched upon. Thx for writing it and I look forward to more stories.

Hex

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
That's why they call it FICTION

No, this could never happen in the real world. What is really astounding is how the pathetic husband never even considers having his own affairs. He stays faithful -for what and for why?? And what about the dozens of sexual diseases that his wife had to pick up fucking countless other men unprotected for 7 YEARS?

Real writers (like you) write from the heart. This means YOU wish to be humiliated endlessly just like the husband in your story. I hope in your real life you are getting exactly that.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
enough

Like most of these continuing stories they start to get tiring. Enough please, end it.

We got the picture so end it before you lose all your readers.

fumunda cheezefumunda cheezeover 18 years ago
After

The gangbang in California Howard and sticking his BARE cock into Shelley or eating her soiled cunt is about as believable as the Tooth fairy or the Easter Bunny flying to the moon on the back of Orca the killer whale.

Good story, excellent writing, and I'm sure the fictional sex as described by the author was not truly what happened in the real life version but was described just for erotica's sake and a figment of the author's imagination.

The mere thought of the gangbang where Shelly was adamant that she wouldn't allow it again and then the subsequent mini-gangbang by three the next trip would have been reason to dump her sorry ass then and there. In California, you let some fucker fuck you in the ass and the last ass he might have had it in was some guy that took it both ways and that had the gift that keeps on giving. You know, the one that makes you real skinny and take about 50- 60 pills a day just to stay alive?

The trysts with individual lovers were believable but the gangbangs and the believability of them were just over the top. For any husband to remain coherent and not ready to divorce her ass, maybe to even beat the shit out of her or kill her was not even plausible.

You don't even get this bad on Jerry Springer or Sally Jesse Raphael.

Shelly's apparent disregard for Howard's well being and health was quite enough to throw her out the door and never have one bad thought about it. Even if she had douched with battery acid she wouldn't be safe enough for that.

Howard's only redeeming quality in the story was that he didn't become the cuckolded, fem-dommed, sniveling, wimpified, cocsucker that sucked her lover's cocks, their cum out of her pussy and ass, took it up the ass, let them all piss and shit all over him, and wear sissified french maid clothes as he served them breakfast in bed.

"Don't you ever do that again honey or I won't forgive you."

This was the most tremendous pile of bullshit statement in the entire drama.

ChagrinedChagrinedover 18 years ago
A good take on a difficult question

The writing was excellent for the most part. Your characterizatons were rather gifted and I can see how this might have been inspired by the real life quasi-story.

In point of fact, I disagree with many here that say the husband would have tossed her out in real life. In REAL LIFE not so. Were I he, I wouldn't have, BUT not because I loved her, which I still may have (as opposed t being "in love" with her; those are 2 different things). No, you touched upon it and then it slide on past. I would have stayed simply because after 31 years it would be financial suicide not to for both of them. Like it or not we make many if not most of out decisions here in the US based upon that criterium.

I DO agree that having her spend 2 months away was a bit of a stretch. I believe, though I have no data to support it, that if she could have lasted 2 months without Howard, she would have realized tht she could live the rest of her life w/o him. The real test would heve been to see her see Jim , Alicia or any of he ex-lovers again and have her test and find herself that way.

Also, I really liked the way you did not allow commments until the end of your series. This forces us, the readers, to comment on the entire series and not just each chapter.

All in all, I liked it, I thought you did a great job!

Kindest regards,

C

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
i'm not going to lie to you

your english was good the writing was sound,but the story was a piece of crap.this woman was selfish,vile,worst than a street whore.you make this good man look like a wimp and excuse this piece of shit of a woman.she wasn't a hero, she was a whore.your logic suck and so was your story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
well-done; but you face a tough problem

Like some other commenters, I enjoyed the portrayal of strong emotions--especially Howard's, which I found more consistent and convincing than those of his wife.

For me, a woman who can behave that way simply doesn't love her husband, however much she may think she does.

And while I enjoy happy endings with reconciliations, I share some of the objections already noted: 31 years of humiliating him and he's able to take her back? Even more: she says SHE needs two months away to decide if she's willing to give up her career and her other lovers? Why on earth would Howard stand for that? He's more likely to say, I'm giving you the offer of a lifetime to take you back and work things out with you--you have one week to decide what really matters to you.

More believeable would have been Howard saying, I need two months away from you to decide if I can stand to live with you again after all that you've done.

Despite these reservations, I enjoyed the story a lot. Thanks for writing!

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Even

It seems like this story always leaned to the side of the womans problems and then she got all she wanted anyway. The husband HAD to change to kepp his whoring wife. My guess is that this story was written by a man hating bitch or some wimp ass guy..

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
A little over the top

In this story and in your recent "Who the Hell is John" the husband finds some info and takes days to process the data sequentially. Particularly in "Who the Hell..." this causes major problems. More realistic in both is to immediately skip to the end and see if this activity is still recurring. Read the rest later for whatever reasons, but find our what is happening NOW!

Also, like other readers, her "sabbatical" at the end is over the top. I just can't see any husband finding out his wife had done even a fraction of what this one did, then coming home and saying she needed time to decide if she still wanted him!!! Adios amiga!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Well done

First, I want to thank you for not allowing public comments until the entire story was posted. If people wanted to say something earlier, they could send their comments to you. Too many public comments have become rants and often detract from the reading experience.

Second, I want to agree with all of the comments about letting her go off by herself for two months. Wasn't her "alone time" part of the problem? Why should she get to decide whether they stay together or not?

Third, it was well worth my time to read. Keep on writing.

Third,

don_1953don_1953over 18 years ago
great story

struck a chord with me,

everyone's sex drive is different, I can really see where this is coming from

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Well...

I believe that Shelley got herself out of the hook too easy. It is hard to see Howard as a real person.People don't take such ammount of deceive so easly, with almost no reaction. Works only because it is fiction. To be honest, I did not like it. Any way, it is your story, and we should respect the way you see it.Thanks for writing to us.

jaggers0053jaggers0053over 18 years ago
all except the ending

ole Howard was correct,'a marriage without trust isn't worth ten cents'.

she needs two months of solitude to figure out what she wants? that in itself should have been a clear cut answer for Howard.

in spite of the ending thought it to be an excellent story.i guess thats why they call it fiction.

thanks for your effort,

don

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
wife win to Easily

The writing was excellent for the most part. I would like to see howard getting his fantasy and the wife having to fight for his love.

fumunda cheezefumunda cheezeover 18 years ago
To Dynamite Jack in norcal

"Who in hell is John" is not Jack_Straw's story. You got your authors mixed up.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
HOWARD’S UNEXAMINED LIFE

First let me congratulate and thank you for creating an intriguing story. Some times people do not take kindly to comments which allude to credibility of characters, or to any suggestions for alternative direction that the plot might have taken. It reminds me of a famous Nobel prize winner for literature who was asked to interpret a particularly difficult story of his. His reply was: “why do you ask me? I just wrote it, for interpretations you can go to those who make their living out of it” Sharp tongued for sure. My take on his words is that once you created your story and your characters they are not fully yours anymore. They have their own life on the paper, regardless of what the author intended. The more real and life like they are, the more the author may find that people see in them things that he/she may have not thought about . That, in my mind, is a high success. It is with this high regard for your writing that I make my comments. I do not intend to replicate or improve what you thought. I simply react to the imaginary world that your story evoked in my mind.

Other readers had commented on the point of credibility of the husband's character as reflected in his behavior. To me he seemed almost saintly, bordering with being a martyr. He seems like the ‘dream husband’ to any woman who ever strayed. For that reason her character felt real while his seemed less real. It is within this context that he is willing to give her a ‘blanket pardon’ for her past life style. ‘No questions asked just don’t do it again’ type of deal. It may or it may not be commendable, but in my mind that is not the problem.

The problem is that the troubles for their future remain unresolved and to a large degree unknown. By forgiving with no real questioning (in fact, it feels like he wants to forget about it all - ASAP), he retroactively accepts de-facto all the underlying assumptions of her behavior: the long term lying, the disrespect the betrayal of trust – all that without fully understanding HOW is it that she could manage to live with herself and with him for all this years, knowing that she constantly lies to him. The lying was either active or passive (by not disclosing the truth) - but it was constant. Further, without that crucial understanding and the process of treatment that should follow , how could he ever know that she does not do it again, in a more covert way, or in other areas of their lives? In my mind continuing to ignore the MEANING of this huge elephant which was present in their house all these years invisible only to him, is bound to explode in their faces. Final comment: just to be sure, I hope that it is obvious that I am not suggesting that Howard should or should not have divorced Shelley.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Do they go together?

"I love you, Shelley," he whispered. "Always have, always will."

Tears flowed from my eyes as I thought about how close I came to throwing this man away. I buried my face in his shoulder.

"Howard, I am so sorry for all the hurt I've caused you," I said in a quavering voice, when I had composed myself a little bit. "I'll spend the rest of my life trying to make it up to you. I love you more than you will ever know, and I am truly honored, honored and humbled to know that you love me enough to forgive me for what I've done. Not many men would have."

"Shelley, I'm only going to say this once," he said, as we fell to the sofa together in satisfied exhaustion. "I will never mention what happened, I will never hold it against you, and I will never beat you over the head with it. But you have to know that if you ever cheat on me again, that's it. I've forgiven you once; I won't forgive you twice."

++++++++++++++

I mean, if he's gonna forgive her not more than once, how does that square with the fact that he will always love her, too? Oh, that's right: he's one of these, I love you so much, I'll die first before hurting you, honey, but I just can't live with you no more type, eh? lol!

MinigalesMinigalesover 18 years ago
Not Up to Par

I have you bookmarked, but I am sure it was not stories like this one that got you in my bookmark file. This story was well written as usual, but the plot sucked big time as many have already stated.

I kept from reading until the entire story has been posted.

It was obvious she did not deserve him. Justice is that she should not have him. To add insult to injury, after seven years of depraved debauchery, she needs two months to decide. Moreover, she could not figure it out by herself. She needed her father to give her a hint. Give me a break. In seven years, she was not able to figure out where everything stood and she was a high-powered business woman? What did she leave for housewives? They would need several years to figure out whether they wanted to keep their marriages!

Then again, if Howard was such a moronic wimp, maybe she really deserved him!

jack_strawjack_strawover 18 years agoAuthor
thanks for the critiques

This series of stories obviously struck a chord with a lot of readers, pro and con. As the series was unfolding, I got about three dozen feedback e-mails, and a lot of them were pretty scathing, although there were several who liked it (thanks, Nancy, wherever you are).

In the main, most of the comments in this forum have been a lot nicer, tending toward constructive criticism rather than just the average "she's a sick whore bitch and he's a gutless wimp" kind of response. A lot of you took the time to offer some good insights, and it is appreciated.

I tend to agree with Minigales, after reflecting on the story as a whole. It's just not quite there, and I'm not sure why it didn't work. I thought the original concept was sound, and even my harshest critics will have to admit that the sex scenes are pretty hot.

I think the two areas where this story didn't catch fire was in plotting - that is, motivation - and character development. I think toward the end, I tried too hard to finds ways to justify the actions of this couple, and like one reader said, it ended up being over the top and not very realistic.

After reading back over it carefully, the characters just never quite gelled. I mean, is Howard a wimp or does he have any steel inside, as indicated by his final coupling? Is Shelley really as devious as she appears, or is she just confused and possibly schizo? And, in the end, why should anyone care?

Of course, some readers just don't like cheating wife stories, unless they end up with the wife out on her butt with nothing but the clothes on her back (if that). That attitude isn't realistic either. There are reasons why husbands forgive wives who stray, and vice versa, and not all of them are wimps who are gluttons for punishment. My wife and I have been married over 20 years, and we made a deal at the start that we loved each other enough that we could forgive the other if they had an affair - once. But not twice, so that's where the quote at the end came from. That part is real.

Finally, an aside to the joker who said that all writers write from the heart and thus I must want to be treated like this husband. You obviously don't write fiction. Any fiction writer with any talent at all can put his characters in situations that have nothing whatsoever to do with his or her own feelings and desires. I've done some stories where that was the case, but I've also done plenty of others where I've put characters in situations I'd never want to find myself.

In the final analysis, how would I grade this series? Well, if you write often enough, and I've been at this for three years now with 74 submissions, you aren't going to hit an ace every time. So, I'd probably give it about a C+, maybe a B-, if only because I liked the sex that was portrayed here. I still think there was a good story here, but in the end, I missed it bythismuch.

Again, thanks to all who read it and took the time to comment, regardless of whether you liked it or not.

DavefoDavefoover 18 years ago
Good writer...weird story

I would give Jack a 100 for his writing abilities and a zero

for the story line.

Dumbest story I have ever wasted my time on. If the guy was such a wimp...well, I guess she said it all when she said he couldn't satisfy her.

He should get a sex change and her...become a paid hooker I

guess.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
why not,she was everybody else slut,why not hubby

she was one tramp and whore,too bad hubby felled he couldn't do better.too many fuck buddies for hubby to stay.most men would have got revenge and punish her and her fuck buddies.this man was a saint or the author has missed life experiences.

shangoshangoalmost 18 years ago
I don't remember who wrote it first

But, "You should only drop a character from the second-floor". You threw the wife off the top of the Sears Tower. A serial cheater w/no remorse is a less-likable character than a crying man. You gotta have someone to root for.Bottom line: They deserve each other.

Orion623Orion623almost 17 years ago
Very Well Written

In creating the character of Shelly the author has given us a woman who always puts herself first.

They have two boys. Her husband would like to try for a girl. Instead she has her tubes tied.

Shelly has a career in which she is very involved. So her husband, Howard, leaves his job for one closer to home thus freeing up Shelly to pursue her career.

In Part 1 Howard mentions that Shelly always gets what she wants. Unknown to him this also includes a satisfying sex life. Shelly is unhappy with her husbands performance in the bedroom. Rather than talk to him to at least try and make it better she makes a unilateral decision to have dynamite sex with partners outside of her marriage because her life is all about her first and her husband and marriage and family are second. Thus it should not come as a surprise that she will take two months to make up her mind what the future will be. This is in keeping with her character as created by Jack Straw.

The one thing that doesn't ring true is Howards change during the two month hiatus. No doubt he can let his hair grow longer and he can trim fat at the gym but what is not convincing is the attitude change that he under goes. It

is unlikely that a loving, caring, family man who puts everyone else first will be able to keep up the artificial front of domineering bedroom tactics for any length of time since he has spent 50 years being a different type of person. His character would be more likely to ask (not demand) a divorce and then go faltering through the rest of his life while Shelly would continue her frenetic sexual activities.

Excellent writing and very hot sex scenes, particularly the last one between Shelly and Howard.

Thanks for a huge effort.

Alvaron53Alvaron53over 16 years ago
There is definitely temptation here

Summary: good prose, richly detailed characters, but completely inexplicable ending.

<P>

There's an interesting assumption at work in the story, that marriage counseling fixes broken marriages. It doesn't. It merely helps the partners understand the brokenness. If the marriage is to be salvaged, the faults which caused the cracks in the first place have to be remedied, and the partners have to be the ones to do it.

<P>

In this case, Shelley's basic character faults are still in place at the end of the story. She's still not above lying to get what she wants, she remains untrustworthy, and she's still a slave to her own desires. These aren't qualities that are conducive to reconciliation. What I expect is that she will resume her extra-marital activities the first time she feels the need to ride the rocket.

<P>

Why her husband would even consider taking her back is likewise inexplicable. His wife is a serial cheater who simply cannot be trusted as her actions over several years prove. One time falling off the wagon, even one affair, might be forgiveable but multiple affairs over multiple years with multiple partners? Unthinkable. It makes Howard come off as weak of character and without self-respect, contrary to the picture the author painted of him. It strains credibility in a day and age when the divorce rate exceeds 50% to think that Howard isn't going to file for divorce.

<P>

In the end, the rather fantastic ending damages the storytelling. Both characters act in the final chapter in ways that are out of character as we've come to know them. Thus, the ending has to be regarded as fantasy. Thank you for your effort.

shangoshangoover 16 years ago
It's official: Hell has definitely frozen over

I agree with every word Alvaron wrote. You "Hero" comes off as a pathetic and despicable man.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
umm.....

Howard is definitely a loser. geez, does the author have low self esteem?

louguy35louguy35about 16 years ago
Oh, Well!

All of this is imaginary and it comes from the author's mind.<p>

It's a pity that mind was not in working order when this story was written.<p>

Have a good day!

Vulcan_in_OhioVulcan_in_Ohioabout 16 years ago
I enjoyed the story as a whole more than each part

I just discovered this story. The writing is really quite good and much better than most, in my opinion. The story is not too plausible but fiction is fiction. After all, a novel is a story where the main character undergoes a significant change. There is no reason why a multi-chapter short story or novelette can't use the same technique. Howard, despite the betrayal, still loves his wife and realizes he must change so he can fill her needs, especially if he expects her to give up the extra-marital trysts that seem to have been the only way for her to get her bell rung over the past 7 years. Shelley is obviously selfish and despite her feelings for Howard, she put her own "sexual" needs before her marriage, as others have commented. In each of the first 4 chapters, Howard comes across as being weak, indecisive, wimpy, all of the above and more. In chapter 5, he changes to try to meet his wife's sexual fantasies. But his willingness to eat his creampies suggests he is still somewhat wimpy. When he licks his wife's anus, that's a pretty submissive act as well. And both of these get her off like fireworks; gee, I wonder why? I think that despite the talks, the "communication," the counseling, their relationship is still fucked up. Shelley will know that she can again put one over on Howard if she doesn't write stuff down in a diary, so what's to stop her from doing some more cheating? She'll get bored with Howard again, no matter how much Cialis he takes. Once a cheater, always a cheater. I don't think counseling is enough for her to change permanently; she really needs psychiatric help for her compulsive sex addiction, and she needs a chastity belt with Howard as her key-holder! Now there's some kink for her!

KOLKOREKOLKOREover 15 years ago
Yet again - an incredible reconciliation

The author’s very fine writing could not overcome the very bad taste which both partners to this fiasco of “marriage” have left.

The husband, so effeminate, mostly hapless and indecisive. the wife takes the traditional role of the egocentric dominant workaholic male spouse in the couple. She is driven by greed for power and she pretty much thinks with her pussy. The husband is only a useful tool to maintain the image she needs. <P>

Again, when holes so deep are dug for the couple, no CREDIBLE reconciliation is possible.

Simple49erSimple49erabout 15 years ago
It's all about Shelley!

75 for your skill as a writer and some faily hot scenes. That being said, the end leaves a bad taste in the mouth. She is a self-centered bitch who expects everyone to measure up to her desires and in the end doses not care that she has castrated her husband and just does what she wants and does not have enough love for her husband to give him the respect he deserves, if not the love. Her notebooks indite her and he is so pschologically ruined by her that of course he cannot imagine his life without. He would need years of withdrawl from her to recover. I am surprise in fact at the unprofessionalism of the counselor who on seeing what kind of woman she is, did not tell him that for his self-esteem and indentity he needed to move away from as far as possible. Cheating is about selfishness and this was all about SHelley.

SELSTIMSELSTIMabout 15 years ago
Good Story

Well written story except for the inaccurate reference to schizophrenia. Did I agree with Howard's decision? No, but does that make it implausible or unrealistic? Again, No. When reading the comments of the readers and seeing the reactions and emotions that this story evokes it tells me that the author did exactly what he intended. To the sanctimonious readers that attribute Howard's character to the author's and the readers that say this story is unrealistic or implausible (to me they are the same) should only comment on what they know and not what they think they know. Take a few courses in behavior and then counsel a few dysfunctional families and you will realize that this story is not only plausible but is occurring with more and more frequency. The one thing I have learned

is that no one really knows the true dynamics of other people's so called "normal" relationships. Well done, Jack

zed0zed0over 14 years ago
Well Written

Which is about the only good thing I can say about this incredibly long wimp tale.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
give that man a creampie!

No wonder she cheated on him so outrageously, he is a first class wimp

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
She wasn't worth the trouble.

The husband was so pathetically weak I lost any sympathy for him. Like one of the other posters said, if she needs two months by herself to figure out if he's worth going back to, then he ought to go ahead and tell her to take the rest of her life. Basically, they were both cowards. He seemed unwilling to understand that he could move on and be free of her. And she didn't have the courage to set him free with a nice clean divorce. Not one of your better efforts, Jack_Straw. But thanks for sharing, OHIO, USA

size14shoesize14shoealmost 13 years ago
So hard to believe...

I read all the comments. This is so hard to believe. That's so hard to believe. The other is so hard to believe. The only thing hard to believe is they were married 24 years with virtually no problems. We cannot assume that this couple is totally sane with no psychological problems. She is mildly schitzophrenic and is one way away from home and another at home. He is mild mannered and reacted in a rational way to his finding she cheated.

She was very confused and realized it when all went to hell in California. That was the purpose in taking a couple of months off or so she said, not to figure out if she wanted to stay with Howard. She also wanted to get some clarity on if she could stay true to Howard. As her thoughts shifted to be more with Howard than her lovers, she got her answer. Twisting it to say she needed 2 months to determine if she wanted to stay married, is typical "Anonymous" bullshit.

Howard took responsibility for his PART in the marriage not working and put in the correction. She did what was necessary with her career to stay married. God only knows if it will work out and she ain't saying.

SKHPSKHPover 12 years ago
Excellent writer, mediocre plot, bad ending

The story about an unbelievable selfish wife did take too much pages witout a real literaric climax (just descriptions of her never ending serious of sexual climaxes). The descriptions of her adventures got boring despite the good writing of JS. But the ending was just crap: she got out as the winner despite her long-term cheating and - on the very top of that - her 2 month of indecisiveness.

The author totally emasculated the husband in having him take her back after topping her cheating years with this "sabbatical": Howard must have decided about this even before he knew what would be the outcome of her 2 month alone - and whether she would really spend the time alone in the mountains. (I exspected most of her lovers to be ordered up to the mountains for a last fuck each - is that too far-fetched?)

Despite of this shortcomings, the autor deserves a good grading for the whole work!

Huedogg2Huedogg2over 12 years ago
I gave it a two

It a well writen story, but it's also a WACC to with a side of RAAC. And reguardless of some of the asshole that believe that the husband did the right think by keeping this slut. I don't and I know some of you hate my comments about kicking the slut out, then so be it. I agree with SKHP on this one.

BaronScrewtapeBaronScrewtapeover 12 years ago
Only way this works...

... Is if her husband spent the time she was away at her retreat banging the hell out of any piece of tail he could get his dick into.

Otherwise the imbalance here is just too much. She gets her hot memories of wild sex and he just gets his memories of being abandoned... thoughts about her betrayal of him stewing away in his brain? No way... that marks a person.

saratusaratuabout 12 years ago

I can NOT believe the one sided betrayal in this story. What a real dissapointment this was, another creampie eater created here.

UndrApprctdUndrApprctdabout 12 years ago
Her Adultery Sure Didn't Sound As Complicated As She Implied

The wife sounded like she was just scrambling for justifications for her horrific behavior. This was WAY beyond adultery; this was pure HATRED & disrespect for her lifetime companion.

All of this fueled by opportunity & insecurity? Very difficult to buy into...nice try though.

tazz317tazz317about 12 years ago
RECOVERED SLUTS AND HO'S

are known to make the best partners. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Shot the bitch

She stole the best 25 years of his life and now that he is old wants to do what? Oh now I will be good to you. Fucking die bitch! Can she give back the years the hurt the lose, hell no. She fucks thousandths of guys but old hubby only get the worn out whore, the one nobody wants to take home just fuck in a cheap hotel. Fucking die bitch! Better yet do like another story here and take back the ring using a shot gun.

deadonedeadoneabout 12 years ago
There is no such thing as a recovering slut/whore

They are only in remission just waiting to relapse.

Fighting41Fighting41almost 12 years ago
Wow Just Wow

This is without dobut one of the most stupid stories I have had the misfortune to read on Lit. 5 chapters of a slut doing only what she wants without any regard to her children or her husband.

And on her husband what a cuckold wimp this guy was suprised that when he got in shpae he didn't get the instructor to plow his ass so that he could be ready for when his wife wants to try out the strap on on him.

No characters in this entire story were worth a damn

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
That mean old Howard!

How dare he be the one responsible for his slut wife's cheating! Who does he think he is that he did not give her one orgasm after another? And he had no business reading her log books. No wonder she cheated...he was responsible for the entire problem. Furthermore, he was aroused by her adulterous behavior. That bastard!

tazz317tazz317over 11 years ago
NOTHING TO BE TEMPTED BY OR WITH

pure love may win out but Howie baby is the big loser TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Howard's Way

Even though the slut cheated, she only got herself used and abused like she deserved. She knew she was hurting the person she loved the most and yet she didn't care. do you call that love as she claimed? well.. not bad for a half- century battered pussy! whatever you think, certainly Howard has his own ways. nice story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
In its own sad, narcistic, chic listens to too much daytime TV way...

That might be the Yuckiest, emptiest, most disappointing cuck story I have ever read in the LW section. I believe in sluts, I even believe in taking cheaters back under some conditions. But Sometimes harsh judgement is justified, and scorn is but metered reflection of ugly back to wrong. OB

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Real simple ! ! !

I have never liked these stories that are from the wives side of thinking, and her husband seems to be short on guts. A piece of shit.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
is there way to give a story -1 star rating

this has to be one of biggest wimp/cuck/moronic stories ever written... what kind of a man takes this inconsiderate slut back..

SELSTIMSELSTIMalmost 10 years ago
OMG

She cheats on him for seven years and he's still willing to try and save his marriage as long as she agrees to his conditions AND she has to get away from him and her job for nine weeks, to think about which one she wants. Talk about leaving him hanging. That should have been the last nail in her coffin. If they were married for 31 years she had to be close to or over fifty. She didn't have too many good years left for playing the field. Especially, with thousands of young coeds graduating every year with business degress flooding the market. That should have told him right there that if she had to think about it, no matter how great a shape he got himself in or how much Cialis he took that sooner than later she would want something new and different. I'm sorry, but not even Cialis could save that marriage. She's addicted and he's a romantic fool. I was hoping that after she got back from finding herself for nine weeks and after he rocked her world fueled by Cialis that he let her know that he had met someone at the gym and that they had gotten pretty close and now he wants a couple months to decide if he wanted to stay married to her and all thier baggage or start fresh with his new lover. Let her hang for awhile. Especially, after that comment that "she heard a hitch in his voice over the phone but thought she would just keep him in suspense for awhile". Cruel woman. Other than that I thought it was well written. Thank you

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
not comfortable with the direction this story went:

Well written but I have to say I'm not comfortable with the idea that after seven years of being a deceitful cheater she needs time to decide if her marriage is worth the effort. She needs to get over her selfish self. She never gave him an opportunity to better himself before she went off and acted like a whore. I would have preferred a twist at the end.... Like after he proved he could be everything she needed, had she only taken the time to talk to him, he informed her she wasn't what he needed. He needed a trustworthy loyal partner not a selfish slut!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
I agree with the previous commenter.

He: "You decide: our marriage, or your job and the hot sex."

She: "I need two months away."

Really????

Perhaps:

He: "I have something to tell you, too. While you were in New Hampshire, my needs weren't being met. So I followed your example and found someone and we had a great time making slow, tender love every chance we got. And it's your fault anyway for not meeting my needs."

Wonder how she'd handle that.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Howard Should Spend the Two Months Going After the Money!

Preposterous!

Wife and Darrell probably violated 18 U.S.C. sections 201, 216. Her sexual favors were a thing of value as the law law defines things, which she put out for the contract. Both are looking at two years in the slammer. Howard should also find an attorney to bring a Qui Tam action (31 U.S.C. Sections 3729 et seq. [False Claims Act]) for 15-25% of the money the U.S. Taxpayer lost on the higher prices her company got since she was putting out for Darrell. Howard should also contact all the Boards of Trustees and/or shareholders of all the companies of which wifey screwed the companies' contracting officials, seeking finders's feed for disclosing her screwing those companies financially by screwing (i.e., fucking) the contracting officials of the companies for the contract. I don't think her company is going to stand behind her as potentially dozens of firms sue her company for her despicable actions.

Her journals which are confessions of her criminal actions are Exhibits 1-xxx in those actions against her and her company. If Howard is concerned with his and her finances (401s, etc.) being too closely wrapped together, going after the money in a Qui Tam, assisting in shareholders' actions against her company and the other firms could go a long way to giving him a new and separate nest egg.

But as written, Howard is going to let the lying, cheating, duplicitous bitch get away with it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
wow

what a piece of garbage, you have to b a sick fuck to put your name on this.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Money

She'll never stay satisfied with Howard because he ain't paying her. Once a prostitute always a prostitute. Show her the money!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
1*

fag cuck shit.

silentsoundsilentsoundabout 7 years ago
No whore like an old whore

WOW! Grandma the cocksucking slut!

This was terribly disgusting on so many levels and basically whore and cuck fodder.

Very unsatisfying and sickening but writing is good.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Fail.

She is a soulless narcissistic whore. And Howard is a simple minded loser, and she knows it. She will get complacent, then bored, then she will run into one of her fuck toys one day, and will spend the rest of the day getting her brains fucked out by a better man. She will come home and confess to Howard, then pack her shit and leave. She will then apply for her old job and try to recapture her fuck-fest life style. After a life of declining and embarrassing sexual flings, she will die alone in her apartment, full of regret, but no guilt, and with a coy smile on her face. Howard will bury her next to himself, as they will still be married. Two lives wasted through cowardice, dishonesty and pathological lust.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago

She aint no pschitzo, she's a selfish whore. All about HER and Howard is a fucken wimp who should have changed the locks the day he found her journals.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Whatta' CUCK

No Commentary would be of ANY Use for "Howard the CUCK"

266xxyz266xxyzalmost 6 years ago
No!

This may be your opus and I'm sure the Cuckoo Crowd is still dripping I finished as a cutesy to your fingers but the story, like Howard eating his creampies, sucked. And I can say that cut I've written some pretty shitty stories myself.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Men age like wine, women age like cheese.

One of these days Shelley The Cum Dump will age to Shelley the dried up sagging prune. While Howard will now have become the fuck master Shelley was trolling for from others. The question is, will Howard turn off the sex appetite Shelley cultivated in him when Shelley suddenly finds her sexuality and her tits heading South? Or will Howard think he has some payback, some compensation, some restitution, coming? I suspect Howard will return to the wimp cuckboy he has always been, and the final demise of their marriage will be completed. They will wallow together in their old age in the sewer of disrespect, disdain, and contempt that Shelley developed and cultivated all the years she was a shameless slut. They will spend evenings staring at each other as the strangers they have become, no longer having the energy to move on. They will end their marriage as pathetic remorseful losers, both regretting their previous lives and choices. One day one of them will notice that the other has not been woken up, or has not returned from an errand, and, eventually, they may try to find out if they are dead, or otherwise gone. Who ever remains will be relieved that at least their final years can be spent not having to share the putrid air exhaled by the other. They would be better off to implement a quick and painless mutual suicide, rather than the death by a thousand regrets they will no doubt experience to their last breath. It couldn't happen to a more deserving couple.

Dunny69Dunny69over 5 years ago
Utter crap

You sad cuck muppets will love this one get aboard boys it's just how you like it in your deranged world. Another fine example of why loving wives should have another category " Cuckhold dipshits"

dark2donut2dark2donut2over 5 years ago
Total Garbage

For many, many reasons. The female character is absurd. A businesswoman who cannot control her libido? That is a physiological nonsense. We know from medical professionals that primary reason why women (and men) go into slut version is psychological not physiological. A few clinical nymphomaniacs do not make a career in a cut-throat US business environment, certainly not further than at the level of secretaries. A slut would not survive by sluting around in her job either. Does this author even understand how seriously dangerous that would be for all involved?

Second you do not rationalize your sluting the way the character does.

What about the wimp husband? Who would put up with that? And why? The children are grown, the alymony would be on his side, the level of cuckolding is at the pace no normal male would accept it. Turnaround at that point is not possible.

The author apparently cherished cliche pornographic descriptions, I have to say I just skimmed the cliche crap one can find on LE in so many other stories that I am not even sure why is that emphasized here other than to make the writer masturbate while writing it.

All of this is total garbage. 1 star for garbage.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 5 years ago
I don't buy her excuse.

9-1-1 was bad for a lot of people. I don't buy it as an excuse for what she did. He's a better man than she deserves, but maybe with counseling she can get better.

266xxyz266xxyzabout 5 years ago
Not with a bang

But a whimper. Or should it be wimper?

LucasredLucasredover 4 years ago
Fool

Howard is a fool. If he wants a whore, pay the $100 and send her on her way.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Weirdo!

........ not Howard, Jack.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
I like the way he handled his business

Like a REAL man. 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Pathetic

What a fuken whip just like the Author..

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
I Was Going To Post

This at the end of Chapter 4 but there wasn't an option. Would you think with the condition she describes herself in at the very end with all of the hickeys, bruises and all even a dimbulb of a husband would figure something was going on that shouldn't be? It's not like all of that is going to heal in a couple of days or that makeup is going to cover it up and you can't hide it all under your clothes.

It maybe a tad late but it seems like about a dozen vials of blood would be a good idea for all of the tests that should be done on these two idiots. No matter how much I might have loved her I just can't see recovering the marriage after 7 years of her documenting everything in her own hand. No way in hell is this healed after a few counseling sessions and some time alone in woods in a cabin. I would take years if ever and I just wouldn't have that kind of time and effort available to me. Signed: BTW

schulz777schulz777about 4 years ago
siriosly ???

lmao....after all these years the old boring husband is suddenly a stud ???

the end of the story is not believable at all

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Wrong

Wrong ending,he should have divorced the slut.If she thought he wasn't satisfying her,she should have told him and they could have worked something out,as she not heard of Viagra?.As for trusting her not to stray that really is a leap of faith.

Ocker53Ocker53over 3 years ago
Fuck Me

Come on all you authors, can’t at least one of you come up with an original idea, all the same shit, looks like you all are into pvagerizing big time⭐️

danoctoberdanoctoberover 3 years ago
There is nothing to like about the wife.

Zilch.

Dunny69Dunny69over 3 years ago

Horrible wife, wimp weak husband, crappy,......really crappy story dragged out over to any self indulgant chaptefs. Walk on folks.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Jack Straw….yup a fitting name to an author that can’t write any stories with substance!

Jack Straw - a writer who has straw for a backbone…and reflects this in his MCs …weak pathetic cartoons of a man….

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

right and ready for penthouse letters. Cardboard characters going through the motions with a modicum of real interaction. Bleech on the whole series....stroke stories not more an written with that as an intent and no real attempt to make people with real feelings and emotions.

john_67_SWEjohn_67_SWEover 2 years ago

No revenge on Louis, Darrell and Alicia? He can take the slut back if he is afraid to be alone in his old age but the lack of revenge is just sad.. There ARE people who bets up your enemy for a small sum of money , 2 stars and that is for the writing not the way the story went.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

When a man names himself Jack… in reality he is as far away from being Jack as can be! Definately a Straw… that part I agree! Only a man with absolutely no self respect would even have the ability to have sex( far from love) a woman who has been such an ongoing whore!! Most would not even get an erection with this slut! And taking her back? God that shows a cuck mentality beyond a normal human! A totally shit story by a writer who lost his wedding tackle and no roams wearing panties and keeps his ass well lubed!

PorterrhPorterrhover 2 years ago

1 star - very unlikeable wife - no reason at all to stay with her - husband was just bland wall paper

NitpicNitpicover 2 years ago
What

What a wimp,he should have dumped her when he finished reading the note books.As for their possessions being intertwined,they can't be that intertwined a good discussion couldn't split them.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

This shit for sath author does not understand what love is…guess he never did. Love is not allowing a person who is supposed to love u and hve ur back have long running affairs with strangers and feel ok! Love is not finding excuses for a slut to justify her affairs and take her back! It was not a one time mistake..these affairs were planned and carried on with total disregard to the hurt they would cause the husband if discovered! This has no forgiveness! No RAAC. Only an author who is either female or a feminised sub male can write like this! Disgusting!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Bad story bad characters 5 chapters of bad work 1 star

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Meh. Whatever. A waste. I get that the wife was not satisfied and discovered she wanted to be treated like a slut. But did it really take seven years aling with some bad experiences and defiling her marriage to arrive at the fact that maybe her husband could do things for her. She even told him that if he screwed her like he did the two nights after she got back from California she wouldn't have gone looking for release elsewhere. But making love is a two way street. Spouses aren't mind readers. If she had told him what she wanted he could have adjusted. And those two nights were before the Cialis and the magical rapid weight loss. Besides according to the wife it wasn't like Howard was lacking in the size of his equipment. And if she had told him she wanted to be dominated or have it rougher he could have learned to adapt. Some might argue she didn't know exactly what she wanted until she "sampled" other lovers. But it didn't need to be 7 years. She just gave up on her husband as a lover. And yet professed love for him. Yeah right. Besides they could have explored lovemaking changes slowly and found out what she wanted. She didn't need to be pulling trains to immediately identify her needs. Utter crap. And on the other side if a husband upon hearing he needs to step it up and she isn't happy in the bedroom, can easily fix things. There are ED meds, he could lose some weight, and learn from some books or go to a sex therapist. Speaking of therapy. After her first few trysts, if she had any real remorse she could have gone alone to a counselor and tried to figure out why she needed to go outside the marriage. The author's description is akin to a drug addict with intense needs after 25 years of marriage. Sex doesn't work that way unless people have terrible hidden traumas or severe hormonal imbalances, both of which would have shown other symptoms. So yeah. Whatever.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

The post 4 months ago by Anonymous was dead on target. This was a weird story that made little to no sense. Really the 7 years could have been compressed into 6 months and had more realism. Maybe. Btw men who are too ashamed to address their ED are stupid. And women who don't communicate their sexual needs after many years of marriage are also stupid. Yes she might not have known what she wanted right away. But after a few 'nuclear' trysts she would have figured it out. And yes she must have been schizo because her lack of guilt and remorse until she got caught (and even thereafter) was stunning.

MormonJackMormonJackabout 1 year ago

Story is good, and I thank you for it. Yet, I HATE the imbalance of their positions especially at the end. I like to think I'm a great guy and a pretty good (?) husband, but there is not enough in me to accept what she did. No... sometimes a marriage is broken beyond repair and no amount of love will save it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Horrible choice to reconcile here. 7 years, multiple partners. Way too much disloyalty and disrespect.

WoodencavWoodencav11 months ago

Great storey, really well written and a happy ending. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

On this toxic feminist website,the trope of cheating,selfish,narcissistic cunt of a wife,and low T beta boy wimp husband was in full bloom in the story. It's painfully obvious that the writers of both genders on this website have never been involved in a real relationship. Even a average run of the mill man would have deep sixed a slut wife as soon as the info regarding her cheating was found out. Totally unrealistic ending.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous