All Comments on 'Too High a Price'

by Longhorn__07

Sort by:
  • 366 Comments
AnonymousAnonymous4 days ago

To the Anon of 13 days ago: you are so dead wrong! Boys will be boys my aunt Fanny.

I would NEVER inflict what she did on my spouse. And I bet there are a LOT of guys just like me.

AnonymousAnonymous4 days ago

Thank you SO much for saving the entire Literotica readership from another nutless wonder RAAC ending!!

What you said about her calculated preparation was SPOT ON and your MC's decision was the ONLY reasonable one not just for men, but for anyone who values, love, trust, respect, not to mention fidelity.

AnonymousAnonymous6 days ago

I have read The Troubador’s version several times. It is very well written, as is all his work, but I have always found the ending unsatisfying, unbelievable. Your ending is sad, but much more believable, and to me more satisfyingly realistic.

OlefishermanOlefisherman17 days ago

It would have been nice for him to have confronted John and his wife with the affair or bonus. As well as making it public to the rest of the firm. She should have been served at her job. Just the normal things that happen in a divorce.

AnonymousAnonymous17 days ago

Me thinks he doth protest too much... For a cool headed positive negotiator and troubleshooter, he sounds impulsive, impatient and enjoys gaslighting his remorseful wife. He who is without sin casts a lot of stones..(boys will be boys?)

SmoothdeanSmoothdeanabout 1 month ago

I reread the original just before reading this... I think you nailed the ending. It flowed perfectly from the original written by The Troubador. Had I not known someone else wrote the ending I wouldn't believe it. Did you assist? proof read? with The Troubador on the original or perhaps you had some other insight.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Rare for one spouse to monolog almost entire page without interruption. Yes she cheated. And he is better off moving on. All the commenters below that wa t her to maximum burn or be sold to a Mexican whorehouse have issues. Yikes.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Only thing left to do is pretend to make up and take her on a trip to Mexico where Early sells her to a Mexican cartel that owns several whore houses in Tijuana. Pay to have piece of shit Johnny boy disappear and all the loose ends are nicely tied up!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

A stupid but well written about dialog repeating each others convictions ..not my bag.Say your piece and move on. You do not need more than a few paragraphs to express your feelings/convictions before you simply act on them. I probably would have enjoyed this as a tale if there was a tale because more than likely it would have been well written.

pummel187pummel1873 months ago

Wow a story where the man has a set of NUTS 🥜🥜 who would have thought

pummel187pummel1873 months ago

Those must have been the Spanish steps 😮‍💨😮‍💨😮‍💨

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

I liked the ebb and flow of the story. Most have the husband get drunk, scream and holler and then sulk. No point here only part missing is revenge on John. O feel the story was well told and hope Early knee caps John.

TrambakTrambak3 months ago

Killing Susan softly.

5

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

I liked your ending and the manner in which it was presented. 5 stars.

I need to ask though, in the original story why didn’t he tell her he was home?

He could have said he knew how lonely their bed was because he was in it.

Ask if he had fucked her yet & if no, then tell her to get her ass home asap.

It may well have had the same ending that longhorn wrote, but would be more realistic.

Bill S.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

It's a really good add on to the original. I felt you kept I character very well it felt pretty seamless to me to read the original and then this. Top effort really enjoyed it. BardnotBard

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

"I resisted the urge for a long time, but a fearful madness overcame me one morning and I thought I'd see what I could do with a classic work of The Troubador's."

Should had resisted more. A pathetic attempt not worth reading.

NitpicNitpic4 months ago
Just

Just a nothing story.

26thNC26thNC5 months ago

The older Feb Sucks, with many sequels. This is one of the best, most realistic endings ever done. Longhorn definitely killed it.

Ranger001Ranger0015 months ago

RE: Comment by Freudzslip69 (June2023 or thereabouts)...

Your comment seems to highlight the ill condition of the legal system we're saddled with..!

A well-written story complemented by a well-written ending. 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

Billy_Ray_BanBilly_Ray_Ban6 months ago

The word "authentic" comes to mind after reading this story. It's exactly what I picture in my minds eye as to how things would play out in real life, in a circumstance like this. Some might comment that his "speech" was long, and said similar things in a different way. I reject that premise. If you pay attention, you'll see that Early was actually talking his way through his feelings... thinking and expressing his thoughts until he reasoned it all out. He started off confessing that he still loved her but was unsure whether that was enough. By the end, after working through it all, he determined that he no longer loved her enough to continue the relationship. Very well written. BRB

PierremanvisPierremanvis6 months ago

More evocative each time I read this contribution. One of the finest pieces of writing on Lit'

Oatmeal1969Oatmeal19696 months ago

Would have been good to hear her talk.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

अर्ली ने सही किया ! सुसैन जैसी चुदक्कड़ स्त्री के साथ रहने का कोई मतलब नहीं रह गया था ! अब तो यह सुसैन की जीवन शैली बनने वाली थी !!

Ocker53Ocker537 months ago

Very realistic and very believable how a betrayed spouse would act⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Richard1940Richard19407 months ago

Seems very reasonable to me, the realisation would just grow and grow. Every word he said was accurate.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Well done! Early started off slow but worked up to dropping bombs. Although he was driven by anger, everything he said was based on reality. Whether his statements were precise didn’t matter. The premeditation and intent were readily apparent and that leads to guilt. It took no effort to imagine his final rant and evoke all the emotions behind them.

OOAAOOAA8 months ago

Very well done!!!

Great ending!

I would have liked some answers from Susan at the miriad questions Early trew to her...

5 stars from here!

JoeBetterBNiceJoeBetterBNice8 months ago

The depth of betrayal in the original story makes any reconciliation a hard sell. I liked this followup as the writer set up an explanation for the seeming turnaround in the husband's mind. I actually hated the original story b/c that original seemed to purposely be setting the stage for the husband to embrace a cuckold lifestyle, as the wife was not apologetic and the husband didn't seem upset, just sad (maybe left out).

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

The Trubador sets up a great story, but (intentionally??) fumbles the ball at the 2 yard line.... this story picks the ball back up and scores. The author keeps true to the original characters and provides a more believable path.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Top story. Thankyou

NoBullAlNoBullAl9 months ago

Good ending to this sad story!! Thank goodness that you, Mr Writer, didn’t take this one off in your usual way and make Early one of your weak minded cucks (like usual) and set up an RAAC!!

usaretusaret9 months ago

I liked it, very emotional and more realistic ending.

SeaChangerSeaChanger9 months ago

This Early could reason his way forward. He did not let fear, anger or hate guide his thinking.

Maybe that is not realistic ?

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

5 stars even though, with the circumstances, Early seemed to be milder than he should have been. I know that's the unfortunate way the original story had him, but having your own slant on things, you could have made him angrier in his words & tone. Still a very good addition; like it better than the original. gr

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

much much better and realistic ending..it is simply what any man/husband would do under a similar situation..Somehow in creating a story,some authors tend to forget how men with integrity,pride and intelligenece will react..well done..5..stars..JZK

chasbo38chasbo3810 months ago

Yet another story about a woman who intentionally fucks her way into a better job situation and then tells her cuckolded husband that it didn't have anything to do with him. Early did not ask the big question: Tell me it would be OK if I fucked somebody else to get a bigger job. I appreciate all the writers trying to do something original but this type of plot is worn out.

stan234499stan23449910 months ago

A much more realistic ending 5 stars

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Superlative! Brutally honest and realistic and very easy to relate to.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Liked this, 5 stars. If ever a BTB was called for this is it.

Bill S.

DAWG8265DAWG826510 months ago

Excellent part 2 of a story. The only ending for this story, IMHO. Great job.

Freudzslip69Freudzslip6911 months ago

A very well done piece. Even though, as I often say...I'm a sucker for a happy ending with a reconciliation, I have to agree with the ending here. Emotionally, I hated it, but intellectually, and realistically, I have to agree with Early's decision.

rruymannrruymannabout 1 year ago

A lot of emotion but lacks any type of ending. I feel like this was a real waste of time,

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Brilliantly done, clearly the best and most realistic of the sequels. I think The Troubador set up a great plot. And you finished it just like it should have gone. I think you stayed true to early, and I love the way you dissected all her premeditated actions. 5 stars

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

You wrote it the way it needed to be written. No self-respecting man could tolerate what slut Susan did. Her sobs are for herself not her husband or the hurt she caused him. Like all other selfish people, she's upset that her world will be hurt, not that she callously betrayed someone she claimed to love. Susan is shallow and self-absorbed, which makes her dangerous to her husband and anyone else that would chose to try and love her. Just ask John. I'm sure he loved fucking her cheating pussy, but no way in hell he'd want a relationship with her and he's a low-life piece of shit, so what does that make her? Somebody to get the hell away from PDQ. So glad you gave Early a brain, a heart and a pair of balls. All the tools he needed to dump this whore.

Blackout6661Blackout6661about 1 year ago

Great story would like a sequel just of Susan's pov after this night. Her mind of what she thought about doing, this specific night when early went to the bar her thoughts and then her life after. Short like this nothing erotic. Would be good to know

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Outstandingly well written scene....cinematic in its vividness.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Well, that was so well written, so much emotion, so much truth. The way Early made Susan aware of his feelings was brilliantly done. BTB BY A WORDSMITH! Thís is the only time I've given. This story gets 5 stars from me something I've never done before. Second in my GOAT to Her Eyes story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Well, done, with Early piecing together, now that he's had enough time, an awful lot of what Susan did to make this happen. Future instances and possibilities be damned, what went into this event was more than enough, once it was discovered logically.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Very good, would like it to have explored the consequences for the arsehole Stickner. The Slut is a high powered lawyer, not really sure she is intelligent enough to walk and breathe at the same time, her reasoning is pathetic. I believe Early’s comment of trying on for size to be very accurate

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Good story. My only quibble is it took Early too goddam long to climb those stairs.

muddman74muddman74about 1 year ago

Decent ending, but I would have loved to see him directly go into BTB mode and nail her lawyer butt to the cross instead of even thinking of trying to save the marriage for even an instant. Her "I owed him" excuse was just pathetic.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

In many ways, this is the BEST conclusion to this storyline that anyone has posted. What makes it so powerful is having Early ACCURATELY expose the ridiculousness of Susan’s rationale to cheat…and at the same time expose that her motivation was a supreme act of disrespect to both Early and her marriage.

.

5 *****

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

The lack of defined consequences for Stickner is all that's missing from this improved conclusion to Too High a Price. Otherwise, it is powerful and well written.

Freudzslip69Freudzslip69about 1 year ago

One would have to be a lame brained moron to buy her excuse; “I owed it to him.” No need for all the bullshit, The excuse would be laughable if even it had an iota; a scintilla; a modicum of truth to it. He’ll never get to the reason (although one could surmise it), but for sure, it isn’t “I just felt I owed it to him."

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Story doesn't need to be any longer. Great just the way it is

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

The lying negates the marriage’s trust quotient …….the betrayal negates it’s respect factor. The love then fails over time as not supported any longer. Like an exhausted star, a white dwarf that has run out of fuel, it slowly cools down and its love is dissipated until only a zombie marriage exists and the pair, without mutual gravity holding them any longer slowly drift then some future event permanently separates the dead marriage partners. This is why the statistics of reconciliation are false. Given time enough over three quarters of marriages with infidelity end…..and in most of the rest the partners have no real affection for the other….and any formal marriage that persists is in name only. R. H.

LoejtcLoejtcabout 1 year ago

I never thought much of The Troubador's story and why it elicited so many attempts at writing alternate endings.

Out of curiosity I think I've read most if not all alternatives. This one seems to me to be the most reasonable given the characters described in the original. That said, and in consideration of the author's track record of excellence, I've rated it 3 stars. Even the best authors can't create a jewel out of a mediocre storyline.

oldtwitoldtwitabout 1 year ago

Well I for one think you hit the nail right on the head with this follow up, I hope that the original author agrees, I think you got it right with how you were able to keep the characters in the same vane.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Hoping Susan went upstairs, found some pills and did the only decent thing left she cold do for Early. Would be good for an unsolved hit and run to take care of John.

JimmyThePlungerJimmyThePlungerover 1 year ago

I'm usually a fan of reconciliation, but as you called it, it seems entirely right that Early would respond as you wrote it. A perfect illustration of how her "excuse" was simple manipulation and the level of planning evident was entirely inexcusable.

5* well written, thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Unbelievable mess. There was punishment. We the readers were cheated with a truly awful mess.

If you read comments before the story - DON'T READ THIS. The author should have removed it in complete embarrassment, but here it has stood for 15 years. YUK

msdaniemsdanieover 1 year ago

This wasn't a burn the bitch story, it was a save him self story

SplitGeode66SplitGeode66over 1 year ago

One of the best sequels. I felt your Early character was true to the original. Well done! 5 stars.

AardieAardieover 1 year ago

Best one yet, except for the drunk driving.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Powerful stuff, very well written.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

This is the best continuation that I've read so far. I had thought that it would require altering the original story in order to avoid the iceberg that the author left his story steaming towards. However, you found a way to change course without having to do that, and I applaud you for that.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

AMEN.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Does Susan even talk on this version?

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

My favorite part was her inability to answer his question as specifically “how” she would “make it up” to him. The phrase “I’ll make it up to you” occurs so often in these stories when the cheater is busted and it always bugs me. It bugs me because no one has given a good example of “how” that would be done. The writers who use that phrase are just as incapable of answering the question as she was. Because it can’t be done.

Schlouis57Schlouis57over 1 year ago

Et? La fin me laisse sur ma faim. Il aurait dû porter plainte contre elle, son supérieur et sa société. Les ruiner totalement tous les deux et faire en sorte qu'ils ne puissent plus travailler ni l'un ni l'autre. Il est beaucoup trop mauviette.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I liked it. The explanation of the motivations of the wife to cheat were well done.

Ultimately when anyone cheats it is because they want to. ( I am not counting blackmail as cheating). People blame alcohol, boredom, caught up in the moment, temporary lapse of judgement etc to excuse their cheating, but ultimately they cheat because they want to and use excuses to justify it.

Helen1899Helen1899over 1 year ago

What happened there

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Oh shit. That's about 80% of the talk that my husband said to me. You wrote this well and emotionally. You caused my pain to flood back. For what it's worth, darling, I'm so truly sorry.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I agree with the 2 commenters below me - totally! I won't repost their thoughts. I loved it as Early, unlike the original, didn't wimp out on the talk with Susan but blasted her. As he should in this circumstance. He rightly feels that she'll do it again where she works, or in another job.

-- The use of "it doesn't affect us", "didn't mean anything", & "it's just sex" when one's married is just a fucked up way of trying to lower one's cheating & disrespect of their spouse & marriage.

-- Susan's saying that John worked so hard helping her which's why she fucked him for the couple days is both sickening & idiotic, putting it mildly. IDK what John's relationship with her is (don't remember reading it): co-worker? Supervisor? One of the big managers? If anything except a plain co-worker, it's evident he'd want her to succeed as to save the contract, & therefore $$, to the company.

-- Early's correct: he now sees her as willing & easy, despite her statements that it'll never happen again.

-- To the commenter about 1 mo. below this posting, I'm wondering it (s)he's in favor of FLMs. That Early's viewed as a controlling monster leads me to believe the commenter's not only a woman, but a man-despising feminist as well. Counseling? If it was a mistake - unplanned sex just once, yeah, that could work. But this was planned & worked out to where Susan'd be with John while her husband's on a trip working for him... & them. The betrayal could hardly be worse. And counseling-a waste of time & money.

-- Longhorn did an outstanding job with this story, far outshining the original bland original. 5 stars. Bob

JackDancerJackDanceralmost 2 years ago

A well-structured and satisfying conclusion. You brought up great points and gave us just enough insight into Susan's mind to know that even if he was wrong, he was right. Really well done.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

The closing argument of the prosecutor in the trial for premeditated murder of the marriage.

ZK

NitpicNitpicalmost 2 years ago
What

What was this all about?.

RimmerdalRimmerdalalmost 2 years ago

Done right. To destroy a lawyer use words.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 2 years ago

The problem I have with all versions, goes back to the original, that a loving wife (which I believe she was), an intelligent woman (which as an attorney she must have been), could POSSIBLY think that fucking is a proper way to thank a business associate! Even if you wanted, beyond all reason, to do that, why wouldn't one fuck do it, why spending a weekend?

\

"Oh, God, Early," she whispered. "I just can't make you see how small a thing this is. It just didn't have anything to do with you and me. It wasn't important…it just didn't mean anything to us, Early. It's not a part of us. -- It really all comes down to this. She can't even honestly apologize, because she still doesn't believe that she's done anything wrong!

\

"He'd worked so hard, Early, and none of it was part of his normal job. He did it for me." - It may not have been part of his "normal" job, but he's in a senior position in the company, her "mistake" would harm the company, helping to fix the problem is the natural thing to do.

\

I agree with PoormanRichman that this Early wouldn't have let things get this far, that he would have pounded on Stickner's door and dragged her out of there.

\

@Donovan7777 - I agree. Can you imagine any wife saying that to her cheating husband? "Oh, it's okay, Honey, I know it didn't mean anything."

@SignedBTW - "Reality?" If we had reality we never would have had the original story!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

This is outstanding. It captures the essence of the betrayal and strips bare the cheater's rationalizations. In reality, Susan was whoring herself out, and the author lays out the character flaws that lead Early to conclude, as would happen IRL, that she is not worth the trouble, let alone worthy of being the mother of his children. Much better that The Troubadour's effort.

The comment by the "counselor" below demonstrates what a fraud that alleged profession is...."bitter, controlling monster" indeed. What a feminized, unfit-to-give-advice twit.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Longhorn did what not other author has done, let me understand Susan. If she were my wife I would have sought counseling for her with hopes of reconciliation. "For better or for worse." But perhaps she was better off than living with a bitter controlling

monster.

It was a rude awakening for a man that would usually think "One and done".

Longhorn so magnificently illustrated a difference between men and women.

Susan's action was sinful, in was dastardly, but was she irredeemable? As a Counselor I would like to talk to her (thought she is fictitious) to find out. There is something that make the character present by Longhorn that makes her unique among cheaters in stories.

The Hoary Cleeric

Simon_MastersSimon_Mastersalmost 2 years ago

Anyone got a link to the first part please?

wish_thinkerwish_thinkeralmost 2 years ago

There was basically a lot of repetitive dialog from Early,

GuyfromShadesGuyfromShadesabout 2 years ago

I think your continuation followed the tone of the original story. Your built the results to a pinincal. Enjoyed your addition,. Thanks for your writing.

usaretusaretabout 2 years ago

I like the ending proposed. Seems just to my way of thinking.

6King6Kingabout 2 years ago

The dog ate the last two pages teacher. What better way to finish an unfinished story that to not finish it again. Too High A Price To Pay, AKA, Groundhog Day. ⭐⭐

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Endings always come at last. They come too slow and they pass too fast

I really liked this until the last. Ended a page or two too soon.

3 stars.

Bill S.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Burn the other half of cheating couple

SeaChangerSeaChangerabout 2 years ago

Outstanding verity.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I really hated this story. You need to find another profession if writing is how you make your living.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Not a bad take BUT fails to provide payback to Stickner!

pummel187pummel187about 2 years ago

Hey guys the reason why your wife or whatever she is pulls this shit on you is because...... SHE CAN. This guy is a huge crying VAGINA.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Would have been a good story if it ended with a few more chapters!! The bitch, and loverboy, should be burned at work and everyone should know he is divorcing because of her infedility

iameaseliameaselover 2 years ago

Honestly this was about as realistic as any story here has achieved.

The original story, while really good, was nailed in place with her constant "It had nothing to do with us" with rinse and repeat being applied over and over again.

This one did a great job of giving us what was the way most men, or women, would react to a cheating spouse, and the dialogue was spot on.

This is truly a rarity here, and I doubt anyone could end the story better than you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Well i have read all the different editions of this fiction. I would get the finances in order asap. Then i would get legal to help file suits against her firm, her and the John stickner guy. I would divorce her, ruin her job, career, and future along with ruining stickners also. No one goes to this much trouble just to fuck someone else without being brain dead. Then later find a couple of very quite strong arms and pay mr. Stickner a visit he would always remember, Painfully.

tallbet52tallbet52over 2 years ago

Well done, LH. You made the characters flow from where The Troubador left off. I felt that you were very much in tune with how they both might have thought and acted.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous