Too Predictable

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Kurt was now crying loudly. Marla had never seen him cry like that. He was in so much pain. A pain she had caused by her selfish behavior. Marla sobbed thinking about their marriage ending.

They just sat for a few minutes crying, both trying to get their wits about them.

"Marla, I think we have talked it out tonight. We can talk more tomorrow. Will that work?"

"Can I stay here tonight Kurt? I will sleep in the guest room then we can talk again in the morning." Kurt just nodded.

"I love you Kurt. I know I—we have made some major mistakes here but I want you to know, before we go to bed, that I don't want a divorce." I'm hoping you can forgive me for being so stupid and for disrespecting you. It breaks my heart for the hurt I have caused you."

"I can promise you I would never, ever look at another man. I am only yours for the rest of our lives if you can find a way to forgive me."

Kurt wasn't so sure about the future of their marriage so he just nodded again.

"I love you too, Marla, good night."

----*----

Marla came into the kitchen the next morning. Kurt was sitting at the table drinking his coffee. Her cup, as usual, was sitting beside the pot waiting for her. Marla knew Kurt had been up early and fed the animals and done the typical morning chores.

As she thought about his predictable routine tears came to her eyes. How had she not cherished this man who seemed to always be caring for her and the things she loved?

The horses were hers, but he never complained about taking care of them. He never really complained about much. He had spent the better part of his life providing for the family. He always helped with the kids and never missed their events.

She broke her leg once in a riding accident, and he had waited on her hand and foot for weeks. He even seemed to enjoy caring for her during that time. This man truly loved her with all of his heart.

As Marla poured her coffee with all these thoughts running thorough her head, before she could even speak, she broke down crying. She couldn't even turn around and face Kurt. She just stared at the coffee pot and cried.

"Hey, sweetie. My coffee isn't that bad is it?" he joked.

Marla tried to laugh but it only interrupted the crying for a second.

"Marla, let's try to hold the crying back a bit. All is not lost. Let's talk and see where we are at. After you went to bed I thought about everything we talked about last night. I do love you more than life itself, and we just somehow lost our way. I thought about our early life together, raising our children and now they are adults having our grandchildren. Our life here at the ranch, your riding and my mountain adventures, we have so much together, and apart it wouldn't be the same.

"Besides all that we have together, it's my love for you that I would never get past. Marla, if we divorced I would still spend the rest of my life loving you. I'm willing to try to find a path forward that keeps our marriage intact. I don't know how but maybe we can find a way to forgive each other. Let's discuss trying to stay married."

Marla's eyes lit up brightly.

"Oh my god, Kurt, really? Could you really forgive my stupidity, my selfishness? If you can forgive me I promise to spend every day for the rest of my life making it up to you."

"Well, forgiveness is going to take some time, but we can stay together and try to figure out why all this happened. We need the help of some counseling. What happened was very ugly and very damaging but we can try to forgive each other."

"Marla, trust will be hard for us to rebuild. If you ever look at another man sideways I will be gone. I couldn't go through this shit again. And you have to promise me that if you find that I'm not enough for you that you will have the courage to tell me, even if it means the end of our marriage. Can you promise that, Marla? If you can, I will promise to cherish you and never touch another woman for as long as I live."

"Oh, Kurt. You don't have to worry about any of that. I am going to work for the rest of my life trying to make it up to you. And I will never deny you anything sexually. Besides, I want some of what I saw you giving Vickie", Marla winked.

What followed at the Henderson household was very predictable.

The End