All Comments on 'Torgan Wine Ch. 26'

by Isemay

Sort by:
  • 10 Comments
nthusiasticnthusiasticalmost 6 years ago
What the Heck?!?

This is worse than I ever imagined! I guess I shouldn't be surprised they keep slaves considering the way they treat women. I certainly see now why they call him the Beast! Ready to toss someone off a balcony because his own cheating was discovered or kill a man who showed kindness to Isonei, extorting an Arrangement from her to save that man's life despite deliberately breaking his own promise to return her home whenever she requested, none of these actions are honorable.

Isolating Isonei, depriving her of companionship or even the ability to speak with those around her? He promised he would teach her to speak Torgan but hasn't. He promised she would be tutored in Lerian but again hasn't. Promised he'd send her home when asked but hasn't. Obviously his promises are meaningless. Poor Isonei, caught between her gods & a man who can't be trusted.

SisterRobinSisterRobinalmost 6 years ago
Ummm...

This story has always brightened my day... 'til now.

I hope this is a bump instead of a transition.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Poor Isonei!

I think I started off reading one story and then somehow took a wrong turn somewhere and ended up in another one.

Isemay, did you write the third page in this chapter just to see if your readers were paying attention?

I always had the sense that Draeseth was dark, and Isonei wouldn't be happy in his homeland. She's always been an independent spirit and not allowed him to control her, until now, and now Draeseth is cruel and psychotic.

Isonei should have run when she had the chance, and now she's trapped. I can only hope she gets her wits back and finds a way out. He's broken promises to her, so it seems fair she should be able to break promises to him.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Character development

You write very well but your character development is sorely lacking.

Draeseth behavior isn't consistent; he used to be all lovey-dovey with Isonei, wouldn't let anyone come between them, but once advised not to go near her he just agrees, ignoring his promises and her obvious distress? And he wanted an exclusive marriage but he is courting another woman, and now he is twisting Isonei's arm into an arrangement he knows she doesn't want yet? He confines her, cuts her from everyone she loves, ignores her and won't even get her a coat. Way to lose the love of any woman.

And Isonei, after all he did and being backmailed into entering something that will destroy her life, has sex with him just as if nothing happened, when she was so adamant she wouldn't be pushed around before.

You have virtually destroyed your whole story line here, there is no redeeming your characters now. Who are these people and what did you do with the original ones?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
I don't know

Someone said Draeseth was lovey-dovey and I never saw him that way, possessive and affectionate sure, and wasn't it mentioned several times that he was religious? *shrugs* It doesn't seem horribly jarring to me.

And, I mean, is he really courting Lislora or are they being pushed together? Draeseth doesn't seem like the type of guy to be like, hey y'all I made a mistake, he's kind of stubborn isn't he? If he starts realizing he might be better off with someone more Torgan he's not going to just drop things, forcing the Arrangement seemed more like doubling down to me.

Despite his faults, I liked Draeseth, I'd like to see how this gets cleaned up.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Good luck

Good luck figuring out an ending. So many loose ends right now.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Abuse story?

What in the world happen to the characters? She is suppose to be this independent free spirit who have handled the courts and princes. Yet she is now allowing him to isolate her, cheat on her, and use another man's life against her? This is more of an abuse story of how someone ends up in an abusive relationship. She should be running to the priests and ask to be extracted. Time for romance is over... Her actions bce in torga pretty meek and pathetic. If you want to showcase clash of values she should be putting up a fight that wakes him up that controlling abuser is not the way to go

Anomandaris2Anomandaris2almost 6 years ago
Ugh

Yeah, the last few chapters have turned my stomach.

I really hope this shifts direction.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Poor Isonei

I can understand how a woman gets trapped in an abusive relationship. She's honest and true and he isn't. Yet there was a part of him that loves her. If only he meant the caring things he promises.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Can't disagree with anything said, to this point. You have not stayed consistent with the characters you created.

I'll try another chapter, or two, to see where you go; perhaps you'll surprise me.

GeoD

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userIsemay@Isemay
209 Followers
Constructive criticism and suggestions are always welcome. Please do bear in mind it takes a little time to get things edited and approved! (0 currently pending) Flower Wine, Torgan Wine, and Kros Voyeh all take place in the same world. As far as events go, the order is Flowe...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES