Tracking Evil, a Podcast Pt. 03

Story Info
Erica tracks the killer in the hope of identifying him.
13.8k words
4.87
8.3k
23

Part 3 of the 16 part series

Updated 01/21/2024
Created 06/12/2022
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Authors note: This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, businesses, events and incidents are the products of the author's imagination. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental.

Tracking Evil, The Podcast -- Part Three

Episode One: 'One must seek the truth within...not without.'

Erica had returned home.

She shared a house with her parents. Well, she had a small apartment about fifty feet from the main house on the parcel of land her parents owned. For all her 'independence' she still ate most of her meals in her parent's kitchen, talking with them as they discussed everything from football to political tensions, local and international.

As she had been taught, she kept two sets of notes. A complete no holds barred set including names and events, and a second set, a clean set as her dad had called it. The second set had names etc. redacted to keep informants confidential. It was the clean set that she'd given her father to peruse while she'd been working on her overdue article submissions. Partly because the investigation was hers and hers alone, partly because she didn't want him worrying about what she'd been up to and filling in the blanks as to how she'd gotten her leads thus far.

He had handed it back to her, a glowing smile of pride on his face as she'd taken the folder from him.

"Couldn't be prouder." he remarked and walked away.

That had been a pleasant shock. Normally her dad would have been over eager to 'guide' her with his wealth of knowledge but he hadn't this time, confident in his daughter's ability. When she'd told him about her podcast idea all he had said was, "If anyone can do it, you can." That was him all over, the poster child for parental support.

That was the only piece of good news she had gotten. Tiny had so far been unable to dig up anymore clues and the people he had persuaded to check into North Carolina and Connecticut victims had yet to get back to him. She hadn't heard anything from Deputy Arlene McGuigan either and Erica was reluctant to push at her, she felt the other woman was a kindred spirit and once she'd discovered something Arlene was sure to reach out to her.

The time back home had refreshed her but all too soon it was time to leave again, back to Washington DC to complete her end of the deal with Victor. Showing up at his party.

True to her word, Erica had arrived on time, in a dress and bearing gifts from Victor's parents who had contacted her just before she left.

The party was everything she'd expected, but nothing like she'd hoped for. Instead of a room filled with like minded people interested in unwinding and having a good time, it consisted of a collection of people who shared only one thing in common, beside knowing victor, and that was an all-consuming amount of self-love.

After dropping off the gifts to Victor and fortifying herself with a couple of hastily drunk shots of vodka, Erica had found herself cornered by Victor's friend Brian. Brian was another recent graduate of the academy, a legacy in fact with his father a high-ranking agent still. He was tall, good-looking, blonde haired and blue eyed... and so fucking boring. Erica could have dealt with boring; she could have put up with a boring guy all night long, she owed Victor that at least. But then he changed gears, moving from putting her to sleep to being a condescending asshole. That, that she couldn't let go.

"So, Victor tells me you want to be a reporter?" As he asked the question there was just the slightest eye roll, Erica bit her tongue as she saw it. 'Be nice' she thought, 'you promised you'd be nice.'

"Well, I AM a reporter. I'm just looking to get picked up by one of the bigger news outlets is all." she answered.

"Why would you want to waste your time on that? It's either lies, propaganda or fluff pieces. Personally, I'd rather kill myself than send out conspiracy laden articles to the ill-educated masses."

Erica took a calming breath.

"I see it as educating the masses, offering points of view, different perspectives. Getting conversations going, encouraging people to take a hard look at what's going on in the world, not just what's happening in their front yard." She downed her vodka, looking for a space to squeeze past him to get a refill.

"What are you working on right now then?"

"It's a crime investigation, I'm planning on doing it in the form of a podcast" Erica said, she started to brush past him to head towards a bottle for a top up. Instead, he dropped his hand in an over familiar manner onto her hip, holding her in place. This meant she was looking up at his face as he began laughing uproariously.

"Oh, heh-heh, oh fuck that's funny. Heh-heh." Brian wiped a tear from his eye with his free hand. "You agree with me then, moving from reporting to podcasts, light entertainment. It's all the same, not a serious profession at all."

"Take. Your. Hand. OFF my hip. Now." She spoke quietly but her words were soaked in venom. His hand flew off her like he had scalded his flesh on a hot stove.

Without another glance in his direction, Erica walked towards where she had left her coat. Victor intercepted her halfway there.

"Are we having fun yet?" His words were guileless but Erica knew him too well, she could see it on his face that he'd witnessed the altercation between her and Brian.

"Not really, listen I'm only going to bring the room down, I'll head off." Erica replied.

"Jesus Erica, one night, that's all I asked for. One night where you climb off your high horse, show me a little support. I mean what the fuck? Brian, he's a good guy. What'd you have to go insulting him for?"

"Good guy? Good guy? He's a pampered privileged asshole. How could you even think we'd hit it off? He is the biggest dick in here which is saying something."

"He's a dick because he thinks you are wasted going into journalism? He has an opinion that doesn't match your view of the world and that's it, he's an asshole? You are twenty-four years old and you are still doing parttime work trying to make ends meet, chasing a dream even after EVERY SINGLE INTERVIEW you went for, you got shot down. Well, you know what, Brian is right, you are wasting your life chasing after this. This podcast is going nowhere, you are going nowhere. Jesus, I'm trying to be a friend here, trying to open your eyes to the truth." Victor kept his voice low as he delivered his speech but even in a near whisper his voice still throbbed with suppressed emotion.

Erica went pale as the words slammed into her. She could feel tears welling up, a tremor entering her limbs as she teetered on the edge of sobbing. She cloaked it though, mastering herself she looked Victor in the eye.

"I was wrong, I'm sorry."

"Well, well great, that's...that's great." Victor stuttered in surprise.

"Yeah, I was wrong, Brian isn't the biggest dick in here." Erica grabbed her coat and stormed out of the apartment. She could hear Victor's voice bouncing and echoing through the stairwell as he called out for her to come back. She didn't, and she didn't allow herself to cry until she was out on the sidewalk and a block away from his building. As she looked for a cab, tears rolled down her face.

By the time she'd wrenched her hotel door open, swinging it shut viciously behind her, Erica's tears had dried. Her heart was still racing, her head thumping but it was anger fuelling her now, not sadness.

"Stupid asshole.... bastard... mother fucking.... dumb.... repressed.....motherfucker." she muttered as she flung her coat into the corner of the room, kicking her shoes after it. Erica stomped over to the mini bar and fished out two small bottles of vodka and a small coke.

"The fucking nerve...he gets his dream.... bastard.... but I gotta give up on mine.....asshole!" she continued her expletive filled monologue as she emptied the vodkas into a glass, a dash of coke followed with half of it missing as her hands shook with rage. Erica half threw herself onto the bed, careful not to spill her drink. She winced as her ass caught the edge of her laptop, the hard plastic digging into her.

"Dickheads.... ohh journalism sucks, we're so great in our fancy suits with our fancy badges, fucking assholes...fucking deserve each other. Two big giant dicks..."

She broke off her rant midsentence as the image of Elias and Ben entered her head. "Yeah...two big giant dicks..."

Erica swallowed a mouthful of her drink, then she smiled and set it down on the bedside locker. She opened up her laptop, connected to the WIFI in the room before opening up a search engine on the internet.

'Five foot six + hundred and fourteen pounds + 34C-25-36 + Pornstar' Erica typed into the search bar. She scanned some images but nothing popped so she expanded her criteria.

'Brunette + blue eyes' was added and she started looking through the results again. Finally, she found an image of a nude woman that resembled her close enough.

'Layla Smooches' she read, then she typed in a new search. 'Layla Smooches + Interracial'

This time she went to the video results, finding a good candidate in moments. She clicked the link.

'King Dom Cums in fresh white pussy' was the banner above the video.

'Works for me' Erica thought to herself. She popped in her earbuds and hit play on the video. As she listened to the corny, badly scripted opening to the scene, Erica got undressed. The actress had adopted a vacuous personality, somehow stumbling into the men's restroom of an unspecified building. As she sat on the toilet seat, with her jeans still pulled up, an extremely large black cock had appeared through a hole cut in the wall of the toilet stall.

Erica rolled her eyes at the set up but then she wasn't looking for a DeNiro movie, she was looking to get herself off.

With zero prompting, Layla went from slightly confused girl in an unfamiliar place to cock crazy vixen, on her knees, mouth gaping as she began sucking on the meaty tribute before her.

Erica settled herself on the bed, laptop resting to one side of her, pillows behind her propping her up. She looked at the glistening shaft emerging from the hole, despite the porn actresses' best efforts at least half of it remained in view as she took it deep in her mouth. She could just pick out the man's heavy breathing, the sloppy wet sounds of the blowjob covering up pretty much everything else.

"That's it bitch, eat that cock, fucking eat it." came a disembodied voice, the man in the other stall.

Erica felt her nipples harden at the words, she let her fingers play over them, feeling each one swell with excitement beneath her fingertips.

"Gurch, gurch, gurch, gurch...." "Good girl, takin' that cock like a real slut." Erica watched Layla slipping a hand inside her own pants, head bobbing on the black cock. Erica followed suit, a hand stealing over the small strip of trimmed light brown pubic hair, heel of her hand resting on her mound as her fingers deftly stroked at her own moistening pussy.

In the scene, King Dom had pulled his cock back through the hole. While Layla fruitlessly stared into the opening, calling out for him to come back, King Dom walked around the partition to join her in the plus sized stall. He was as big as his cock, striking looking with heavy brows over a hard looking face, a thick black beard dominating the lower half of his features. He was built as well, sporting a power lifters physique. He was also naked save for a pair of black socks.

'Who stands around a restroom nude like that, come on...' Erica thought smiling to herself.

King Dom soon had Layla equally naked and began fucking her against the wall of the toilet stall, the partition shaking with his forceful thrusts. As the action stepped up a notch on screen, Erica's fingers began to delve deeper inside herself. She tried to keep in time with the black cock disappearing in and out of the actress in the scene. Erica took one of her own nipples between thumb and forefinger, squeezing it before moving to the other one.

"Uh, uh, uh...so deep." said Layla. "Deep is what you need bitch, deep is what you get." came King Dom's reply.

Erica was loving his deep bass voice, the sound of it very nearly as exciting as the sight of his body. She wished he'd talk some more, help her to get off. Erica turned up the volume a bit more, closing her eyes and sinking back against the pillow as she pleasured herself.

"Take it, take that dick, that's it, stretching you out now." King Dom's voice was filling her ears as her own fingers filled her pussy.

"Gonna knock your back out, fuck yeah. Gonna fuck you so you don't walk straight." Erica's fingers increased in pace, following the sounds of his pumping cock as it slammed into Layla's pussy.

"Fuckin built for this cock, weren't you? Weren't you? God made you to take this black cock and that's what you gonna do. Gonna take this cock like a good white slut, aren't you? Answer me, don't run away, push back on that cock and answer me." For Erica the divide between reality and online pornography had disappeared. His voice penetrated her mind as if he was in the room with her, all that existed was his voice and the churning burning pleasure in her pussy.

"Gonna take it like a good slut." Was that Layla talking or was that her own voice?

"That's right, now tell me what I'm gonna do next, you know, so say it." Deep, low, commanding, really was the voice of a King, of a Dom.

"You're going to cum in my white pussy." Layla answered. Erica increased her pace yet again, she wanted to finish when he did.

"That's right, good slut. Yeah, gonna fill you up with cum, fill that little white belly. I done stretched this pussy now I'm gonna stretch that belly when I knock you up."

"Oh, oh, oh, oh, cumming!" Layla squealed in response to the rhythmic grunts as King Dom unloaded inside her.

"Hrrrghhh, ugh, ugh, ack." Erica croaked out as she bucked against the bed, flesh and muscles undulating with the waves of orgasm spreading through her.

She gently stroked at herself as she came down from her high. Erica closed the laptop with one hand, the other was slathered in her own juices. She stretched provocatively, arching her tits to the ceiling as her cramped muscles tensed then relaxed.

"Now I'm having fun Victor, you asshole."

Episode 2: 'Crime is common, logic is rare...'

At 2A.M. Erica was still awake. She had thought that getting herself off would relieve her stress over the situation with Victor but it hadn't. She'd lain on one side, her mind thinking back over the party, over what he'd said. Erica had rolled over, eyes firmly shut and her mind started spinning out a thousand and one different things she could have said that would have blown both Victor and Brian out of the water. She'd groaned and rolled onto her back, that was when her mind started thinking 'what if they're right?'

In desperation she rolled out of bed and sat at the small desk in the room, her laptop in front of her. Maybe if she worked or watched something online it would clear her head long enough to sleep. Sitting beside her laptop was her cell phone, eight missed calls from Victor and a shitload of texts. She pushed it away, if she read them now, she'd never get any sleep.

Erica opened up her email, the first couple were offers of work, both from small local papers. Her parents must have been putting out feelers on her behalf. Had they been talking with Victor as well? They hadn't acted as if they had. Next was an email from a magazine she'd applied to work at, no current vacancies... fuck!

Then she spotted Tiny's email, desperately she clicked it open, tense with the need for some good news.

As she read her excitement grew. He had received news that Leon Monroe and Jennifer Sands, the victims from North Carolina and Connecticut had also been involved in interracial relationships. FUCK YOU VICTOR!!!! This was it; she was vindicated. The graffiti message was the killer's signature, the fact that each victim had been in an interracial relationship of some kind was the motive. This was another step towards finding the killer. A big step!

Erica's finger hovered over the mouse button, poised to reply. She hesitated, because a crazy part of her just wanted to turn up at his doorstep instead of emailing him. If she did it would be because she was looking for sex and not help with her story. No, she wasn't going to complicate things anymore than they already were. Erica hit reply and tapped out a message to Tiny. She was effusive in her praise and thanks for the information and promised she'd keep him in the loop. She didn't mention she was just fifteen minutes away by car.

Energised, she sent an email to Arlene. She'd have preferred to talk to the Deputy on the phone to get her take on things but excited as she was, she knew a phone call at this hour wasn't the way to go. After that she packed up and got ready to head to the airport. She'd be hours early for her flight but she wouldn't put it past Victor tracking her down to her hotel and turning up. There had been enough drama for one day.

Erica was unpacking her bags after an uneventful journey back to Kansas when she felt her phone vibrating in her pocket. She'd had another two missed calls from Victor and it looked like this was number three. With a frustrated sigh she dug the phone out. She didn't recognise the caller ID so she answered the phone reluctantly, fully prepared to hang up if it was Victor on the other end of the line. It was Arlene.

"Hey, you free to talk?" The Deputy was speaking in a low tone and from the murmur of voices behind her, Erica guessed that she was in work.

"Absolutely, how are things with you?"

"Not bad, not bad. I got your email and I wanted to give you a call. I've some news. Grab a pen and paper, you might want to take some notes." Arlene said.

"K, give me a sec." Erica put the phone down and pulled open her bag, pulling out her notebook. She took a seat and switched the phone to speaker. "Okay, go ahead."

There was a pause for a moment, Arlene collecting her thoughts no doubt.

"After we spoke last, there was something bothering me, something familiar that I couldn't quite figure out. You remember?"

"Mmhmm" Erica responded.

"I eventually recalled what it was but I held off on talking to you. I didn't want to send you off down the wrong path. Then your email arrived and the interracial angle was a good fit with my information so I figured it was time we talked."

"Jesus but you have me on tenterhooks here Arlene!" Erica blurted, "What's going on?"

"Sorry, I'll try to keep it short." Arlene said, "Okay, to start. When I first joined the department, I was assigned a veteran as a partner, to show me the ropes, you know? Anyway, this guy died a few years back but I still want to keep his name out of it. He was a great guy, really understanding and patient with a rookie law enforcement officer, kind of the perfect mentor."

"Yeah, I get that." Erica said, thinking of her father and his coaching of her.

"I had been working at the station one night. I guess I was about a month into the job, and I'd had to put a couple of guys into the cells. One of them was having a hard time, crying, screaming, pretty hysterical with fear a few times. Anyway, it got to me a bit. It's a tough part of the job having to lock someone up, deny them their freedom. So, my partner, he took me out for breakfast after our shift ended, to talk, to settle me down."

"Good guy." Erica said, jotting down notes.

"He was, he really was." Arlene replied before continuing her story. "The relevant point, for you anyway, is that he told me about the first time he'd gotten a bit freaked out on the job. Similar situation to me, he was working the cells one night when a guy was brought in. The prisoner had been picked up as a fugitive. Seems he had killed his wife after he caught her with another man. Shot her, her lover escaped, husband then fled north into Virginia from North Carolina. Got picked up for erratic driving, then the arresting Deputy got word on the fugitive status."