Tracking Evil, a Podcast Pt. 07

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Sondra waited till he walked away before she but the car into reverse and pulled out of the driveway.

Erica woke up to find everyone gone. She threw on the clothes she'd worn the day before, then started looking for Sondra. Instead of her friend, she found some of her belongings sitting on the kitchen table along with a note. She scanned it quickly, smiled and went to make herself something to eat and drink.

After that she sat at the table staring at her computer screen.

Apart from the normal benefits associated with sex, the one that Erica was finding a boon more and more was the 'post coital clarity'. Sometimes during sex, sometimes just after, an idea or thought would leap to the front of her mind and help mesh together random thoughts and images into something solid, tangible and valuable.

Last night, she had found herself hanging from Destry's waist, his massive cock heaving in and out of her. She'd been braced against the assault by Sondra. Or to be more precise by Sondra's huge chest. Erica had held onto her friend, suckling a hardened nipple, while being fucked royally. As she'd moaned into the mammary, Destry had said something along the lines of 'takes teamwork to do something this right'.

Now that phrase was still banging around her brain, exciting her investigative impulses. She ran the events of the last day in the woods through her head once more. Pausing to consider what had happened when they had rushed to look for Arlene. There had been no sign of the Deputy Sheriff, JP had looked quickly for tracks, found some and they'd all run off on the trail after them.

Erica considered it some more. Night had been drawing in, so the light was bad, JP was a fine tracker but he was an older man, his eyesight not what it once was. They'd all been fired up, reacting instinctively. Nobody had checked the tracks properly.

So, was it one set, or more? Could someone of Butterman's age and build have ambushed Arlene, carried her from the clearing to a spot over a mile away, through fairly thick foliage and not made enough noise to alert the ambush group?

The answer had to be no, he couldn't. So, he had someone working with him. An acolyte, a partner, an unwitting stooge? Maybe he hadn't even been present when Arlene was taken, maybe he had more than one partner? That could also explain how accurate he had been in guiding her to the rendezvous when he'd kidnapped her.

That meant he had help, from one or more people, which made him evading detection all the more likely. It also meant that anybody could be observing Erica and Arlene at any time and they wouldn't know about it. All their existing contacts and allies could also be under observation. That put the power firmly back in Butterman's camp.

Erica leaned back in the chair frowning. Slowly an idea occurred to her and as it solidified a smile began to form on her face.

If Butterman had partners, then she would raise an army. She would put her podcast out, throw all she knew about the crimes into it, hope that it would not only attract the attention of fellow crime enthusiasts but that it would also shake loose others in the world who had lost people to the killer or killers. People who might be persuaded to pool their knowledge, skills and resources in order to track down this fiend and either bring him to justice or the gates of Hell.

She was about to start typing when she heard a knock at the front door. Opening it, Erica saw a young black man who looked vaguely familiar to her, standing on the doorstep.

"Yes, can I help you?" Erica asked politely, noting the slightly arrogant stance and general cocky demeanour of the man. It wasn't that she took an instant dislike to him, it was more that he reminded her of Victor and that opened up some negative emotions for her.

"Hey, I'm Terrance." he said, looking at her as if that should mean something.

Erica simply crooked an eyebrow quizzically and continued to regard him.

"Wait, hold on. Sondra didn't mention me? Now that hurts." he placed a hand over his heart and grimaced. "I'm her brother."

"Wait... shit, sorry, yes... Terrance, right!" Erica said remembering the picture in the kitchen. She relaxed, opening the door wider and allowing him to step inside.

Erica followed him into the living room, stopping at the table to close her laptop as she saw him peering at the screen.

"Sondra's not here right now, no idea when she'll be back." Erica said.

"Oh, I know. Actually that's why I'm here." He chuckled at Erica's face, continuing hurriedly, "No, I'm not here BECAUSE she isn't. I meant I'm here because she asked me to be, knowing she wouldn't be."

He laughed again, holding up a hand. "Sorry let me start over, that's sounding too complicated. Sondra asked me over to see if you'd like some company. Go out for a walk, grab a bite to eat?"

Erica looked out at the clear, sunny day.

"You know what, a walk would be nice. Fresh air to blow out some cobwebs. I didn't sleep to well last night. Just give me five minutes to freshen up, change my clothes, okay?"

"Bed too hard?" Terrance called out to Erica's back as she walked to the bedroom, bag in hand.

"Something like that." she answered over her shoulder.

Authors note:

Erica, Arlene and Sondra will return in Tracking Evil Part 8...

I just need a short while to complete my story guide for the next couple of chapters so there will be as small a delay as I can possibly make before next instalment.