Trade up goes wrong

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

''Ok your right of course and yes the usual place, I can't wait to get your cock in me and suck you off.''

''Me too, see you then bye.''

''Bye.''

I put my phone in my pocket and continued my run. I now knew why Carl the shit was interested in Sarah. When my uncle died having no children he left the house to me, and a substantial sum of money was to be paid to me on my forty-fifth birthday. But it had one stipulation Sarah and I had to sign a prenup to the effect that if either of us cheated the guilty party would get nothing. This also explained why they wanted me to start an affair so that she would get everything. I would end up living in a shitty apartment eating beans on toast.

When I got home Sarah had gone to work so I sent Jane a copy of her conversation with Carl. That night I told Sarah I had to go to Washington for a couple of job interviews and would be away for a few days. She pretended to be upset at me going away but I could see in her eyes she was pleased.

The next morning, I was up early again and taking my run when my phone chirped, once again Sarah was talking to Carl the shit.

''he's going away for a few days why don't you come and stay while he's away then you can fuck me in his bed like you always wanted.''

''Great when's he going?''

''Tomorrow you can come over after work I'll cook you something nice before the main event.'' (little giggle)

''Ok see you at work tomorrow bye.''

The more I thought about Dr shithead the more I hated him. I called Tom and asked him to do a full deep background on Dr shithead. I also asked him to tip off the FBI that I was being followed and would they take action on my way to the airport tomorrow. I then gave him the description and licence plate of the car. We both knew who it was the PI my wife hired but the FBI didn't. As I was engaged in sensitive national security projects I was considered a likely target for foreign agents to abduct.

The next day I was up and gone before Sarah and on the way to the airport I saw my tail latch onto me just before I hit the freeway. As I took the airport exit three cars blocked him off and pulled him from his car I saw all this in my rearview mirror. I was in a really good mood for the rest of my journey. I of course never went to Washington I was going to Los Vegas to lose some money in fact a lot of money.

I booked into a fairly plush hotel for three days and went to one of the smaller casinos to lose some money. I went to one of the cash desks for some chips I bought $100k of chips with my joint debit card $20k were of small donation chips mostly $100 chips. For the rest of the night, I went around the casino making small bets. At the end of the evening, I was $15k down, I went to a different desk and cashed in my chips for a cashier's check then went to bed. The next night I repeated my actions at a different casino and again the next night. Before I checked out I opened a numbered account at a bank in the Cayman Islands and posted the checks worth $270k by recorded delivery and went home.

When I arrived home I looked at the stored evidence on my computer it was clear that Dr shithead had stayed at my home for the last three days. Judging from the conversations and all the moaning and fuck me's recorded a good time was had by all. I sent the evidence to Jane for safekeeping.

The next few weeks went much as before with a few exceptions. I made frequent visits to Vegas with similar results I now had almost $800k in my account. I had requested a meeting with the administrators of my trust and after showing them my evidence they agreed to my proposal. The trust would be deferred for another two years so it wouldn't come to me until I was forty-seven. I still had nearly one million dollars to hide. I looked up the symptoms of depression on my laptop. I then made an appointment with my doctor. He asked me what was wrong, and I gave him a list of my symptoms. He said it sounded like I was depressed and asked if there was any reason for my depression. I explained that my wife was cheating on me, and he sympathised and prescribed anti-depression drugs. I left looking broken but feeling elated.

The next thing I did was to cash out my 401 and all our investments. I started playing the stock market and losing heavily, at the same time I opened an account with a British bank and started trading from there. I had played the market before earning a reasonable return, I was far more aggressive now and was doing quite well. As no money was showing in the US there was no obvious trail to follow and no tax to be paid in the US. I stashed another $600k in the UK then moved it around a bit ending up in the Cayman account. Our total net worth was now less than $500k on paper. I kept $50k in our joint account and the rest in our savings account. So instead of her receiving over a million dollars, she would only get at best $250k and I could live with that.

My birthday was in two weeks, and I should have come into my inheritance but that wouldn't happen for another two years. She of course didn't know that and was ready to spring her surprise on me.

As my birthday approached I asked my friends out to dinner: Ralph and Sally, Tom Wilson and his wife Clair, my attorney Jane who has no partner and my boss Frank with no partner.

The big day arrived, and Sarah gave me my card before she went to work, it just said happy birthday and was just signed by Sarah. There was no verse no love you; it was just a generic card, not even a to my husband. I of course got other cards from my children and relatives. I even got a, to our wonderful son-in-law card with a gift voucher.

That evening when Sarah got home I was in the shower getting ready for my night out. Sarah was in the kitchen when I came downstairs dressed to go out she looked at me with a confused expression. ''Baby you didn't tell me we were going out I'll just grab a quick shower and throw something on it won't take me long.''

''don't bother I'm going out you do whatever you do when I'm not here. Why don't you call your boyfriend and go out with him? You know you would prefer to spend time with him rather than me.'' I said this as I opened the door to leave.

''What are you talking about there's nobody but you, I love only you I would never cheat on you.''

''Whatever.'' And I closed the door behind me.

I got to the restaurant early so I sat in my car and looked to see what she had done after I left. She had wasted no time in contacting Dr shithead.

''Hi Carl, I think Bill suspects something he just went out dressed to the nines to celebrate his birthday and accused me of cheating. I don't know how much he knows but I'm worried.''

''Well, it doesn't matter now does it he came into his inheritance today so it's time you dumped him and cleaned him out. Give it a week and then we confront him with the divorce papers.''

''Sounds like a plan and after the divorce we can get married and move into his house.''

I sat there for a moment thinking what a stupid bitch he will never marry you he just wants your money/my money. I had to laugh they thought they were so clever they had no idea what a shitstorm they were walking into.

The seven of us sat at the table and I had an announcement to make.

''First I would like to thank you all for helping me celebrate my birthday and for being there as my friends in this difficult time. Some of you I have only recently met but I feel you are more of a friend than my wife. Having said this, I declare this a non-business meeting of friends. There will be no further mention of my marital problems tonight. Please just enjoy yourselves now let's order.''

The rest of the evening went off well, Jane and Frank being the only single people there gravitated together and seemed to enjoy each other's company. I wondered if there might be something there, I hoped so for both their sakes.

When I got home Sarah was in bed, so I tried not to make a noise as I crept up to my room. I slept soundly that night with no dreams of her infidelity and betrayal. The next morning Sarah had already gone to work when I got up. When I went downstairs I saw Sarah had put my birthday cards on the mantle I immediately put hers in the bin. (Yes I know it was petty so sue me) I went for my usual run then spent some time playing the European stock markets. I realised I was hungry at about two thirty so went to the local deli for lunch. I took my laptop with me to monitor my mornings work. By the end of the day, I had increased my fortune by $20k which started its journey to my numbered account via half a dozen banks. After lunch, I went for a walk in the park and watched the children play. Unfortunately, this brought back happier times when Sarah and I would watch our children play and I could feel hot tears running down my face. As I sat there a woman sat next to me and put her hand on mine. I immediately felt a little better knowing someone actually cared. I looked at this woman she was about my age well dressed and obviously looked after herself. When I asked her why she had held my hand she replied she thought I needed it. We sat there for some time not talking, just being this close to someone who cared was soothing. I asked her if she would like some coffee she declined but said there was a nice teashop round the corner and she preferred tea. We walked to the tea shop hand in hand like we had known each other all our lives. When we sat down she insisted on ordering a pot of herbal tea for two and two scones with jelly and cream. While we waited she told me her name was Wendy. She had moved to the US from England several years ago with her husband who had died two years ago from cancer. Our tea arrived and we were silent as we ate our delicious scones. As we drank our tea which was surprisingly better than I had expected. She slowly pried my story from me as I looked down at the table to hide my tears. As I started to apologise for my lack of control I noticed she was also crying so I reached across the table and held her hand. We stared at each other for a while and then started to laugh. She asked if I would like to go to her apartment and continue to get to know each other a little better. It then occurred to me that this might be a set-up by my wife. So, I showed her my ring and said I don't cheat. She laughed and said she wasn't interested in a romantic relationship and just needed a friend and thought I did too.

We went to her apartment which was just a block away and overlooked the park. I was surprised when the doorman of a high-class building recognised Wendy and held the door open for us to enter. I was further surprised when she walked past the elevators to a key-operated elevator that led to the penthouse suite. She inserted her key and the door opened, we arrived at the penthouse and as we left the elevator an attractive young woman appeared.

''Welcome home madam did you enjoy your walk?''

''Yes, indeed Elli this is Mr Watson would you take him into the lounge and get him a coffee while I change?''

The 'Maid' Walked away with me following I wondered if I'd fallen down the rabbit hole. (Like Alice in Wonderland) As I sat waiting and drinking my coffee I pondered what she would change into. When she left she was wearing a conservative dress ending below the knees, three-inch high heels and carrying what looked like an expensive purse. She looked to all the world like a businesswoman going to lunch. When she returned she was wearing denims with a pullover and sensible shoes with a two-inch heel. She had also put her hair in a ponytail she looked ten years younger. She sat opposite me and smiled. ''Now we look like a couple instead of a rich aunt with her nephew.''

I then realised I wore denim jeans, cowboy boots, and a check shirt. She was right we now looked like we belonged together, and I had to laugh. She sipped her coffee and looked at me over the lip of her china cup. ''So now we look the part where are you taking me for dinner, not a restaurant, please.''

''I hadn't thought about it how about a western-style bar and eatery I know a good one not far out of town.''

''Excellent, I grab a jacket it might get cold later.''

As we left she called out to Elli. ''You might as well take the rest of the day off I won't be home till late.'' And we left. We walked back to the park where I had left the car I beeped the remote and the indicators flashed. As we drove to the out-of-town grill Wendy remarked ''nice wheels''. I drove a five-year-old Volvo XC90 it was indeed a nice car. Sarah of course drove a two-year-old BMW sport coupe it was a lease car so that she could change it every three years. We arrived at the Ranch House Grill and went inside there were a few empty booths as it was still early. We picked one at random and sat down, a tired-looking waitress sauntered over wearing an almost identical outfit to me but with a stetson on. She dropped two menus and asked what we wanted to drink. Wendy ordered a beer and hold the glass I ordered a non-alcohol beer no glass and the waitress moved away. We sat reading our menus until the drinks were brought and ordered the same thing rare 10oz steak with fries and a salad. As we waited a band started to set up on the small stage and tune up.

The meal arrived twenty minutes later just as the band started playing a western ballad. A few couples started to sway across the floor in time with the music. We finished our meal and ordered another round of drinks after they arrived Wendy asked me to dance, and I accepted. We shuffled around for two songs and sat back down. I was just about to take a swallow of my beer when a hand was laid on my shoulder, when I looked to see who the hand belonged to, I saw a man about six' three'' standing there. ''Hay mister you want to move that's my seat your sitting in'' and he squeezed my shoulder. The waitress came over.

''Clive I've told you before you don't own this booth there are plenty more empty booths why not sit in one of them?''

''Mind your own business Be. I like this booth and him and his whore are gonna move ain't that right mister?''

Be grabbed his arm and tried to move him away but he turned and gave her a shove. She took a couple of steps backwards tripped over a chair leg and fell hitting her head. I stood up and tapped him on the shoulder.

''Hey, bigmouth how about you try that on a man instead of a woman less than half your size?''

He turned to face me.

''I would if there was a man in here you don't qualify short stuff.''

I looked meaningfully at the security camera and said. ''Let's you and I take this outside.'' I then walked out the door, he had to follow, or he would have looked ridiculous in front of his friends. As he left he looked at Wendy and said. ''Back soon sweet cheeks then you and I are gonna have some fun if you know what I mean.'' And he pushed his groin towards her several times.

I stood in the half-empty parking space noticing the security camera mounted on the wall. When he came out with his supporters in tow I extended my hand palm up and crooked my fingers. (come to me) He stood there laughing at me and said when I'm done with you I'm gonna fuck your whore till she can't stand up. I just smiled at him. Ok, big boy as you have all the mouth you can take the first shot. He turned to his followers as if he were going to speak then spun around trying to deliver a crushing roundhouse punch. I easily ducked under his arm stepped forward grabbed his collar and kicked him in the back of the knee. He went down howling I then dropped and kneed him in the stomach he rolled into a ball and threw up. I knew he was finished and so did his friends who looked shocked at their hero's demise. The whole episode had taken less than two minutes. I walked back in dusted my jeans and apologised to everyone for disturbing their night out. For which I got a round of applause and some cheers. Be Was all right and up again but someone had dialled 911 and asked for the police and an ambulance thinking I would need one. About ten minutes later a patrol car pulled into the parking lot and two officers entered. They took statements from everyone and asked if Be was OK when she said she was they cancelled the ambulance took a copy of the security cameras and left.

I never had to buy a drink all night. After the police left the band started playing line-dancing music and Wendy and I were dragged up and taught how to line-dance. We called it a night at about eleven pm and I took Wendy home there was much handshaking and demands that we return as we left. I pulled up outside Wendy's apartment block and said I hadn't had such a good time in years. She said the same and gave me a peck on the cheek saying.

''I hope to see you again soon please call me'' and she gave me her card with her name address and phone numbers on it.

I drove home feeling better than I had in years and found myself humming one of the line-dancing tunes. When I got home I realised I hadn't thought about Sarah all night and now that I did I didn't care. I opened the door and saw Sarah sitting in the lounge, she almost shouted. ''AND WHAT FUCKING TIME DO YOU CALL THIS?'' I looked at my watch and replied. ''Just after twelve has your watch stopped?''

I thought her head might explode she went so red.

''You thoughtless bastard I've been worried sick about you where have you been?''

''Well, 1 the only reason you waited up is because you have no work tomorrow well today actually. And 2 where I've been is none of your business, Like you told me when I asked that same question YOU DON'T OWN ME.''

I then walked upstairs to bed leaving her doing a fish out of water impression.

The next morning, I was up first and out running I usually run to the park do a lap and run back. When I got to the park I stopped and called Wendy.

''Hi, Bill I hoped you would call where are you?''

''I'm at the park doing my morning run, I just wanted to thank you for the best night out I can remember.''

''Where in the park are you we could grab a coffee if you like.''

''On the bench by the duck pond and yes I would love to grab a coffee.''

''See you in ten, bye.''

Fifteen minutes later (Well she is a woman) she sat next to me after giving me a peck on the cheek. We walked to the deli on the corner and grabbed a couple of takeaways and went back to the bench. We sat there for a few minutes sipping our coffee without speaking. Then both together started to talk, we stopped and laughed, and I said she should go first.

''Bill about yesterday, I don't want you to think I'm in the habit of picking up men at the park. It was just that you looked so down, and I was afraid you might do something stupid.''

''Oh, so you just felt sorry for me, was yesterday just about pity, is that why you agreed to come out with me to dinner?''

''O God no at first I was just concerned for you but as we sat talking I realised we had made a connection, at least I hope we have.''

''I'm pleased you feel the same way as I do I was afraid I had made a fool of myself; you see I think I have feelings for you. I can't act on them while I'm still married I hope you understand. If I did I would be no better than she is, and I won't sink that low.''

''Bill I feel the same way, I can wait until you're ready but in the meantime, we can get to know each other a bit better and see where that leads us.''

''That sounds good to me, I'd better go now can I give you a call when next I come by? I run here nearly every day and it would give me something to look forward to.''

''That sounds great I look forward to hearing from you soon.''

I think there was a spring in my steps as I finished my run. When I got home Sarah was cooking breakfast, I went straight upstairs for a shower and got changed into my bumming-about clothes.