Trade up goes wrong

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

''Did you have a good run you're later than usual.''

''Same old same old, what's for breakfast?''

''I wasn't sure when you would be back, so I didn't cook you anything.''

''No problem I'll just pop down to Dennys see you later.''

I was still humming when I got into Dennys where I had a light breakfast of bacon, eggs and toast followed by two cups of strong black coffee. When I got home Sarah was out. On a hunch, I drove past Dr shithead's house and as expected her BMW was parked outside, I took a photo and went home. I was clearing the yard when Sarah got home some three hours later. I knew she wanted me to ask her where she'd been so that she could start a fight, so I didn't. Instead, I asked her if she had a good afternoon and went back to work without waiting for an answer. I knew this pissed her off and started to hum one of the line-dancing tunes I was beginning to enjoy. When I finished in the yard I went into my office and shut the door. I brought up the latest conversations between Sarah and Dr shithead, it was the usual disrespect for me and looking forward to their next tryst. So, nothing new I forwarded them to Jane as a matter of course.

For the next two weeks, I met Wendy for coffee every time I went for a run and on the nights Sarah was seeing her 'girlfriends' We went line-dancing. I didn't get home on those nights until after midnight, but Sarah never said anything and never stayed up. I was now enjoying myself and the people I interacted with noticed my new happiness. I had to go and see Frank about a new formula being tried out and when he saw a different me his only comment was ''be careful.''

When I met up with Jane she also noticed my newfound happiness and asked if I had started an affair of my own. I explained about Wendy, and she said not to cross the line until after the divorce. She also asked what Wendy's last name was and when I said Richards there was a sharp intake of breath. When I asked if Jane knew her she said Wendy Richards was one of the wealthiest women in the US with business dealings in a variety of enterprises. She was also known to give generously to deserving charities one of which was the hospital where Sarah worked.

8888888888888

SARAH: Shortly after her fight with Bill:

I was floating on cloud nine on my way home from the motel there were no procedures scheduled for this afternoon. Carl and I had spent the afternoon fucking each other's brains out. Carl seemed to be able to go on forever with only a very short recovery time whereas Bill was one and done with a two-hour recovery time. Although I had to admit Bill's lovemaking was more satisfying and lasted longer Carl just fucked me into the mattress and treated me like a whore. When I got home Bill's car was missing and there was no smell of cooking. I looked for a note but there wasn't one. At first, I was a little pissed but then thought he would be home soon and take me out to dinner, so I showered and dressed ready to go out. When Bill still hadn't got home by Seven I called his cell it went straight to voicemail, by nine I had given up all hope of going out. I went into the kitchen to make an omelette and noticed the card I had bought him from the gas station was in the bin. I looked but all the other cards were on display it was obvious I had just bought the first card I saw with no thought at all. It was the first time since I started the affair that I felt guilty. Bill had always bought me such loving cards with beautiful words and a special present. I had bought him nothing, but disrespect and he had shown his contempt by throwing my card away. A small tear ran down my face what had I turned into? When Bill finally came home he seemed in a better mood than I had seen him in for months. When I shouted at him he quickly shot me down sighting my own words back at me. He then went to bed humming some tune I vaguely remembered. I sat there stunned he had never shouted at me in all the years we were married had I created a monster? The next morning Bill had already gone on his run when I got up, so I waited until the usual time of his return. When he didn't show up I cooked breakfast for one so he could get his own fucking breakfast.

When Bill got in he asked what was for breakfast and I told him I had only cooked for myself, instead of being pissed he just went to Dennys for breakfast. I thought fuck you, Bill and called Carl he wasn't expecting my call as we don't usually get together on my days off. I asked if he wanted some company and of course he did, and I went over there for the next three hours and fucked Carl's brains out. When I got home Bill was in the backyard doing yard work whatever that is. I expected him to ask where I'd been I was ready to rip into him, but he just asked if a had a good morning. He didn't even wait for a reply he just carried on working it seemed as if he just didn't care. I was a little hurt that my husband didn't care what I had been doing or where I'd been.

When he finished in the yard he locked himself in his office still humming that same fucking tune. The next day Bill was up and out before me again, I hardly ever see him anymore he's either running at the gym or the damn dojo. I must admit though he sure looks ripped and fit. In fact, he looks in better shape than Carl.

After our morning procedures were done Carl and I had our usual session in his office. Afterwards, we sat talking about Bill's change in attitude and decided to drop the boom on him this Friday after work. Carl and I would be waiting for him when he came in from the gym.

0000000000000000

Bill:

So, there I was coming home from the gym and about to be ambushed by my loving wife and her toy boy. Unfortunately for them, I knew all about their plans to ambush me thanks to the bug the PI had planted in his office. Yes I know it's inadmissible in court but that wasn't the point anyway. They had a rude awakening coming I had, had nearly a week to set them up and I was looking forward to this confrontation.

I pulled into my garage and went into the house and there in the lounge was my slut of a wife sitting on the sofa with Dr shithead. I barely glanced at them and went into the kitchen to drop my gym bag. I grabbed a beer and went into the lounge and sat opposite them. They looked a bit bemused at my actions then looked at each other and Sarah started.

''Bill we need to talk.''

I sat there silently until Sarah couldn't stand the silence any longer.

''Bill I said we need to talk.''

''Ok so talk.''

Sarah looked at Dr shithead and continued.

''I'm sorry Bill but I've been seeing Carl for over a year, and we've fallen in love and want to get married, so I want a divorce.''

''Ok just give me the address of your attorney and my attorney will be in touch is that it?''

Sarah looked at me dumbfounded; her lips moved but nothing came out. Finally, she found her voice.

''Is that all you've got to say don't you have any questions?''

''Not really, I think I have all the answers I need but just to be sure let me recap. You and Dr Bright of 243 Spruce Drive have been having an affair behind my back for over a year. You fuck in his office every day at work and sometimes at the Silver Dollar motel and lastly in my house in the matrimonial bed. Have I left anything out?''

They both looked absolutely stricken and I had so much information on them.

Sarah, I heard you and scumbag discussing how you were going to divorce me and clean me out. Well, it's not going to work out quite as you thought it would. Now shithead get out of my house before I throw you out.

''You have no right to throw him out I invited him and It's my house too.''

''Once again you have underestimated me this house was given to me by my grandparents before we met so It's not communal property. So once again and for the last time GET THE FUCK OUT OF MY HOUSE YOU SLIMY PIECE OF SHIT.''

He still didn't move so I picked up my phone and dialled 911.

''Emergency services, what is your emergence?''

''In all honesty, It's not an emergency yet but there is a man in my home who refuses to leave, and I am about to throw him out.''

''Please sir don't do anything yet there is a patrol car on its way, please keep this line open.''

I sat there smiling at them waiting for the police to arrive. After about fifteen minutes a patrol car pulled up outside and two officers came to the door and knocked. I shouted for them to come in and they did with their hands on their guns. I explained the situation and even showed them the recording of our confrontation. They asked to see proof of my singular ownership which I showed them. Satisfied with my evidence they told shithead to leave which he did. I went to the window and watched him get into his car. He didn't drive away he just sat there. The officers then asked me if I wanted my wife to leave and I said ''not yet''. I again dialled a number on my phone and said just one word ''now''. Shortly afterwards there was a knock on the door and a man in a grey suit, walked over to Sarah and asked if she was Sarah Watson. She said ''yes'' she was, and he handed her an envelope and said. ''You have been served'' and left. She looked at me with tears streaming down her face. I looked back at her and said.

''Why are you crying isn't this what you wanted that's what you said I have it recorded. Now while these nice police officers are here go and pack your bags, you have fifteen minutes to get out.''

She almost ran up the stairs and I noticed the two officers were grinning at each other. Fifteen minutes later they were escorting her out of the house but not before I removed her rings and gave her mine.

''When you're ready to collect the rest of your stuff contact my attorney.'' And I gave her Jane's card, She turned and looked at me as I slammed the door in her face.

The next day I had all the locks changed. I did the usual things cancelled joint credit cards, but I did leave the joint savings account open, I didn't know how much Sarah had in her account, but I had less than $5k in my account and $500k in our joint account. I put $100k in the children's education fund and their future education was safe with the amount already in there. That left $4000k from which either of us could draw funds. I then changed my life policy beneficiary to the children and removed Sarah from my health insurance plan.

Sarah's attorney did contact mine and at a meeting, it was agreed to split our communal assets 50/50. When the assets were disclosed as only $400k Sarah went ballistic claiming our assets were at least $3mil. When shown the account details she said I had hidden the rest and would see me in court, the meeting then broke up.

When our case came to court my wife was claiming $1.5 million in assets, the house and land and half of my inheritance. She also wanted spousal support. She had a very self-satisfied look on her face as she sat looking at me. Jane stood and addressed the judge.

''Your honour it's true that Mr and Mrs Watson did have assets to the value of some three million dollars thirteen months ago when Mrs Watson started her affair with Dr Bright. When Mr Watson found out about her affair he went into a deep depression and was prescribed Diazepam a powerful antidepressant.'' She then handed some paperwork to the court bailiff to give to the judge.

''As you can see your Honour there is a deposition from his doctor testifying to the fact. His depression was so severe that he started making mistakes at work and got fired and has not worked since. Then quite out of character, he started gambling and lost most of their money at various casinos in Los Vagas. You will see in the paperwork you have receipts from the cash desks about the fact. After losing nearly all their money at the gaming tables he started to realise what he was doing and stopped gambling. But he felt he needed to replace the lost funds, so he cashed in his 401 and all their investments and saving bonds except the children's education fund. He had, had some success in trading on the stock market in the past so he tried to recoup the losses that way. Unfortunately, he lost more than he gained and when he finally stopped trading he was down to the last $500k. He put $100k in the children's education fund and has agreed to split the rest 50/50 with his wife some $400k. As to his inheritance, he contacted the trustees and they decided that in his present state of mind, he could not be trusted with the money, so they deferred it for a further two years. Which means it is not counted as a communal asset. The house they presently live in, and the surrounding land were gifted to him by his grandparents before he met his wife, so it is also not communal property. I would also like to present a counterclaim for spousal support as Mr Watson is unemployed and Mrs Watson is still lucratively employed.''

The judge listened to Jane and adjourned the hearing until he could go through the paperwork Jane had given him. Sarah looked as if someone had punched her in the gut, Carl was nowhere to be seen. They had still not heard from the judge after a week, so I had the next part of my plan initiated.

Sarah and Carl and her attorney were invited to a meeting with me at Jane's offices. At first, they didn't want to come but when they were advised that I still had evidence the FBI would be interested in they relented.

I was sitting on a straight-backed chair in the corner of Jane's office when her secretary showed them in. As they sat on the sofa A deputy sheriff and a man in a suit came in behind them. Sarah and shit for brains looked at each other in alarm. I started the meeting.

''First I would like to thank you all for attending this meeting. I would like to introduce the two gentlemen to both of you, the one in uniform is a deputy sheriff and the other gentleman is Assistant DA Lawrence. The purpose of their presence will become obvious in due course. We will also be joined by four other women via Zoom in a little while. Dr Bright, is it true that you started an affair with my wife just over a year ago?''

''You know that it is why are we here?''

''That will become apparent shortly. Is it true that you told my wife that you are single and wanted to marry her?''

''Of course, I love her what's this about?''

''Ok, it's time we zoomed with our other guests.''

I turned on the twenty-four-inch TV that was already connected to the internet. It was divided into six squares the first two showed two women about five years older than my wife. The third square was blank but the other four showed women slightly older than my wife they all looked extremely pissed. Under each, there was a name Jenkins, Adams, Farley, Grant, Mason and Grimes.

''I'm sure you recognise these women Dr Bright aka Jenkins, Adams, Farley, Grant, Mason and Grimes. Those are the names you married them under cleared out their accounts and left to start again in another State. You graduated in the top ten of your medical school and are a gifted surgeon. In your time as a student, you soon found you could seduce older women with your charm and good looks. You would seduce an older woman with a rich husband and claim poverty and she of course would pay to keep you in luxuries. When you started as a young surgeon in your first hospital you targeted older nurses with wealthy husbands. You seduced them and encouraged them to divorce their husbands and marry you. You would then steal their divorce settlements sometimes millions of dollars. You would then disappear only to reappear a couple of years later in a different state with a different name. That you had stolen from the medical registry, it wasn't difficult to get false papers to attest to your surgeons' skills and then you would start again.''

I looked at the screen and asked the women if this was the man they married, they all replied yes and started screaming obscenities at him. Dr shithead was looking rather ill by now and Sarah was sobbing on the floor having moved when reality set in.

''You may have noticed that the third square Mrs Farley is blank that is because Mrs Farley was found buried at the back of the home she shared with the man now calling himself Dr Bright. Well, Dr Jenkins, That is your real name isn't it The DA of that particular county would like a word with you about her murder.''

I looked at the deputy sheriff and nodded. He moved towards Dr shithead and read him his rights then handcuffed him and led him away. The DA looked at Sarah and said he would like to talk to her about Dr bright and make an appointment. Sarah looked at me and said. ''I'm so sorry,'' I replied.

''Yes you are.'' And walked out.

I was notified of the court appearance to decide the Judges ruling on the disposition of our finances. I sat in the court waiting for the judge to come to our case. I noticed Sarah was sitting looking at her hands and fidgeting a sure sign she was nervous. The judge dismissed the case in front of him and announced the next case.

''In the case of Watson v Watson, I will now announce my findings. Will both parties please rise? I have deliberated over the evidence before me for some time as this is a far from straightforward case. On one hand, I see a wife who deliberately cuckolded her husband for over a year with her lover. And attempted to use the courts to take half of his wealth. I do not approve of using our judicial system to steal from your spouse. You also kept a separate account which you didn't disclose to the court for that you will receive thirty days for contempt of court.''

Sarah gasped and slumped into her chair. The Judge continued.

''On the other hand, we have a loving husband who having found out about her affair goes into a deep depression loses his job and gambles most of their wealth away.'' The judge looks directly at me and smiles then continues.

''Mr Watson, I have had a team of accountants looking at your finances and they tell me your submission is correct. I on the other hand know that you're an intelligent man and I think you have more than you are declaring but cannot prove it. Therefore, I find that Mrs Watson has no claim against your house, land or your impending inheritance. You will however pay for her car lease until it's up when Mrs Watson will be responsible for her transportation. You will also pay for her insurance up to that time. Mr Watson as you have the house, and your wife will have to find alternative accommodation I am awarding her $300k from your joint account and the remainder to you. Mrs Watson, I am refusing your claim for spousal support and the same goes for you, Mr Watson. As for you being unemployed, you will have no problem obtaining work with your qualifications. This is my final decision Mr and Mrs Watson you are now divorced.'' And he banged his gavel, he then addressed my ex-wife. ''Ms Watson you will now surrender your rings to the bailiff and report next Monday to the court bailiff to serve your sentence. ''Next case please.''

As we left the court Sarah's attorney approached mine for a short conversation. Jane came over to me and explained that Sarah wanted to know when she could collect the rest of her stuff. She also asked if she could have a few words with me. I told Jane I would not be home for the next three days so Sarah could take anything she wanted to start her new life. And I would meet Sarah for coffee at our local deli at four this evening. Jane went over to Sarah's Attorney and gave him my answer. Sarah looked over at me and mouthed thankyou then left. I went home and packed for a week away I was going to the lake where I had hired a little fishing cabin.

I arrived at the deli at exactly four pm and went in, Sarah was sitting at our favourite booth with coffees waiting. I sat down opposite her. I noticed she had made an effort to look nice and started the conversation.