Tragedy, Betrayal, Unexpected Love

Story Info
Love is relative.
9.7k words
4.58
11.3k
28
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
olddave51
olddave51
211 Followers

I'd like to thank kenjisato, again, for great editing. If you find any mistakes, it's probably something I did after editing.

Active sexual activity only involves characters over the age of eighteen. Any similarities to persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental. Names have been changed to protect the innocent and my bank account.

This is not an incest story, it is a story of relatives falling in love, kissing cousins.

Tragedy, Betrayal, Unexpected Love.

This is my story. I am Thomas "Pottsy" Potter, Tom. I am a half-an-inch short of six-foot, sandy-blond hair; I had played sports in high school, was and considered a jock there, but at State college, I saw my limitations and turned to my studies.

I was told by a couple girls that I had 'it,' what 'it' was; I really did not know. I had a couple of high-school romances, and two, my freshman year. Otherwise, I had been dating airheads and THAT got tiring fast. Boobs do not mean brains, and as for sex, boobs are great, but boobs don't say much after the heavy breathing is over, and you realize you are lying next to nothing but a cum collector.

Celeste

Celeste and I had met during my sophomore year of college. I was an orientation leader for the incoming freshman, and I was also a Resident Assistant, RA. I had a group of two girls and three guys under my care, six was the average size of the groups. Celeste had arrived late and was literally the last person to be assigned to any group, almost all groups had left the student union to start the campus walking tour.

My group was about to leave for our first tour of campus, and I saw Celeste from the back, and I could tell she was crying. I told the orientation coordinator, "I have room for one more."

Celeste turned to look at me. Her eyes were misted over, but quickly turned to deep, sparkling blue pools that I wanted to just swim in. It was love at first sight.

The start of something good.

It took the orientation coordinator about ten minutes to finish signing in Celeste.

By the end of the day, all my group was tired. We had "walked all over campus, to Timbuktu and back," as a couple of my out-of-shape charges put it. We broke for the day and headed for the dining hall. I sat down by myself, so I could do the fucking bullshit report that was required. I understood it was a necessary evil, but the 'valley-girl' orientation-team leaders wanted a Barbie-and-Ken-type of report. When talking about it, they punctuated it with the words: Like, Whatever, Totally, As if, Oh my God, and the always annoying Fer shur. I think they were the ones who would probably oversee our class reunions in the future. I hoped that I'd be busy.

"May I sit with you?" It was Celeste.

I almost couldn't get the word, "YES!" out fast enough.

Celeste said she felt alone because of coming so late. She said she hadn't even unpacked yet, as most of the freshmen had arrived the day before. As she talked, I had started to think of names for our future children...

Celeste was blonde, petite, did I mention her sparkling eyes. She stood about five-foot-four-inches tall and had a supermodel's figure, if models were shorter. After eating our salads, she opened up about her life. Her parents were killed when an armed robber, being chased by the police, hit their car. Celeste was visiting her grandma at the time, so was not with her parents. Her grandmother died just a couple of years later.

She had just aged out of foster care having turned eighteen in August. She'd been in a string of foster homes; her first foster parents had unexpectedly gotten pregnant and wanted to concentrate on their new baby. With the second foster family, her foster father visited her one night and molested her; his wife divorced him, and he was in jail and had been 'molested' a few times a year by Bubba. She was with her third foster family the longest, where it was like a real family, well almost; her foster mom had been in the fashion industry and had kept Celeste looking gorgeous. Her foster father was an executive, and he had had an affair with his gold-digging secretary; her foster parents had divorced just before she left for college.

"WOW! That, besides the dinner was a lot to digest!"

We talked 'til the clean-up crew threw us out, so we walked back to our dorms. I should say that we lived in the same dorm; myself with all the men on the first floor, and Celeste on the women's floor, the second floor. Because of her late arrival, she did not have a roommate. I did not have a roommate because I was a RA.

I walked her to her room. When she opened her door, I saw all the unpacking she still needed to do. I said, "You want any help?"

Just then, her RA, Sue, popped out of the RA's room.

"Hey, Tom, so you decided to visit the penthouse? Oh, so you are Celeste. I am Sue, your RA; come to me anytime. Well, only when I am not sleeping. Okay, Tom, why are you here?"

"I am Celeste's orientation leader; she is one of my 'pride'."

"Yeah, sure, lion boy, haha."

We entered her room. She had a bunch of stuff on her bed.

I decided to take a leap and I told her, "It is getting late, you need to go to bed, so let's clear your bed and put away the stuff you have on your bed and make a path."

It took almost two hours to clear her bed AND put her stuff and clothes away correctly. When we finished, Celeste sat on her bed and then fell back with her arm over her eyes. I noticed she had started to cry.

She said, "This reminds me of when I was first in the system when my grandmother died." She then asked me to hold her.

I lay down next to her and took her in my arms. She basically melted into me and cried her eyes out. We fell asleep.

I was awakened with a shoulder shake. It was Sue.

She had peeked in the unlocked door, saw the coast was clear and came in; she said, "You have morning desk duty, lion boy!"

"Aw shit!" I jumped up, I looked in Celeste's mirror, finger-combed my hair, straightened my shirt out, and said goodbye, as I ran out the door.

Later, Sue came to relieve me. "Tom, you are quite the gentleman. There you were with a vulnerable, gorgeous, beautiful young lady and you didn't even kiss her."

"Hey, Sue, it wouldn't have been right."

"Tom, I know you. I remember you holding me the night my grandmother died. Celeste is okay and she is truly grateful."

****

For me, like I said, it was love at first sight. How did it happen?

It was the color of her hair, the beauty in her eyes, the sunshine in her smile, those red lips I wanted to kiss, and most important— she had brains. All I knew was that she was my dream girl!

Thus, we started our life together. We spent many nights together, either her room or mine. The next two years, we spent most of our time together in my room since she then had roommates. When I graduated, I proposed. I lucked out and was hired by a very successful company. We lived together during her senior year. We married the week after Celeste graduated. I was surprised when Celeste had a prenup drawn up; she was very nonchalant about it, I was in love, so I did not think anything about it.

Celeste got her teaching certificate. We discovered what married sex life was like. Our lovemaking was varied and frequent; we lovingly touched each other, and often. It was like we were attached at the hip. If we weren't working, we were together; we even showered together as often as we could, I expanded the shower so we could comfortably hold and wash each other.

We were married about a year when she told me we were going to be parents, and that we were going to have twins! God, I was on cloud nine. People said you could see the aura of love that enveloped us. She stopped teaching a month before she was due, and never was to teach again.

When the time came Celeste wanted to have a natural birth, but the doctor convinced her to have a C-section.

We named the twins Thomas Jr. and Celeste (Jr), Celly.

Months before, the doctor had shared with Celeste some ominous news. Celeste had cancer! She chose to hold off treatment until the babies were born. Celeste did not tell me.

A few days after the birth, Celeste asked me to accompany her to a doctor's appointment. The doctor's name I did not recognize, but I read the office door; it said, "Doctor of Oncology." I looked at Celeste.

She said, "Wait 'til we see the doctor."

The doctor explained all about the cancer and the treatment they would be using, and what her odds of recovery were; he tried to hide that it was a small number.

Celeste calmly said, "NO! just keep me comfortable. I know I am dying; I will live through my children, and I know I have a husband who is my soulmate, and he loves me to the end of the world and back. I know, even with treatment, my odds are very slim."

A Trust?

I sat there shocked; my soulmate just told me I was losing her.

When we got home, Celeste sat me down with one of those big banker's boxes. "Tom, honey, this is my 'treasure box'. It has all my legal papers, my new will, our marriage certificate, all our birth certificates and my trust papers. That is why I needed the prenup; my trust is from my parents' and grandmother's deaths."

I looked at her. "Trust? Is there enough money in the trust to get your treatment?"

"Yes, but the treatment will not help me now, it will just cause my hair to fall out, poison me and poison my breast milk. Thomas, my love, I have thought about this for months. I will be able to keep breastfeeding the twins for quite a while.

"Thomas, my trust will become yours to use as you wish when I die. I do have property in the trust: my parents' home and my grandmother's home, they have been rented all these years with the trust taking care of the properties and paying taxes and upkeep... everything. All income from the rentals was put in the trust. The trust is now at a point that if you sell the homes, you and the children could live on it without you having to work much.

"We will put our house in the trust also, so everything will be protected. Grandma was smart when she set up the trust. One thing her will made sure of, was that my foster families would not know about it, Family Services didn't even know. Heck, I did not know about it 'til I was accepted to college and found it was all paid for!"

Celeste pleaded, "You have to promise me that you will not languish with my death, and you will find love again, and find a mommy for my babies.

"Now, my babies are asleep, I need you to love me."

I did my best to fulfill her wish of loving her and making love to her in the months that followed; she asked me many times to help her feel loved. I took pictures of Celeste at every opportunity. I bet I averaged fifty pictures a week. I even took pictures of the children, so I could put them in her casket with her when the time came.

It was two weeks after the twins first birthday, that I had to put Celeste into hospice; she hung on for two more months. On the day she died, I had our infants with me, and I laid both children on Celeste's chest. They were very still, almost as if they knew what was happening. Tears were in Celeste's eyes.

I heard her whisper, "I love you, my babies." She looked at me and in a low voice told me, "You are the most loving person I have ever met; you are my soulmate! I LOVE YOU, please live for our babies and find love again."

Within minutes, the heart monitor's alarm sounded. Celeste had a DNR, and the nurses came in, let me kiss my Celeste one last time, and handed me my children.

I left, drove home, fed the children, called my second cousin, Linda, and I laied down, holding my now-motherless children.

Linda

My door was opened by my second cousin, Linda.

She and I were close in age, and had been just simply close since childhood. Celeste had been teaching at the same school where Linda was teaching— not planned, it was just the way it happened.

Linda was married to a guy I hated; he was a narcissist and had to have all the attention on himself. He was jealous of Linda and my family's relationship. He even was jealous of his own daughter! The whole family walked on eggshells around him, so as not to set him off.

Linda only came to realize this when her daughter was born, just days after the twins were born. Both Linda and Celeste were pregnant at the same time, and they had become best friends, not just in-laws. Celeste and Linda were almost like sisters at times, so close I think they finished each other's sentences more times than not.

Linda took the children and put them in one crib so they would have each other. She went to the guest room and put on a bathing suit she kept there to use when she used our pool. I was in a trance. She then took me to the bathroom and stripped me down and washed me in the shower; I didn't realize that I was getting washed, or even that I was naked.

Linda dressed me in shorts and a T-shirt and put me to bed.

Linda called more family; my sisters, my brothers and all my cousins. The kids and I became a family project; my family or their spouses took shifts for the next six months taking care of me and my twins. Linda coordinated all of it.

Linda looked a lot like Celeste... but she was taller, the color of her hair, the beauty of her deep-blue eyes, a smile that was like the sunshine, ruby-red lips that begged for kissing. Yes, that is how I had seen my cousin from the time I was a teenager, and how I saw Celeste.

I took off a year from work, well... I quit.

When the will was read and all the paperwork was done, I found out I didn't need to work for at least ten years, if I didn't want to. I became a stay-at-home dad.

By the time the twins were in preschool, I had gone through counseling and thought I was ready to meet the outside world and, maybe, date.

I was set up with friends of friends, friends of relatives', friends of neighbors', relatives of neighbors'. I had a couple nannies, one seemed to have ulterior motives. I just couldn't find a woman that met my criteria.

I started doing online research; it paid, and since I was good, I had more than enough clients, mostly college students, that would rather pay me handsomely to do research.

During this time, I also got my MBA almost totally online.

By the time my twins and Linda's daughter were in fourth grade, Linda had divorced her asshole husband for cheating. Linda kept teaching the whole time during the divorce. A couple family members and I caught her cheating ex-husband coming out of a bar alone, and kicked the shit out of him; we had friends vouch for us, that we were in a bar with them. The ski masks did help, too, haha. I never felt so good about breaking the law!

We all showed up in court to support Linda.

The judge did not like his narcissistic ass, either, and ruled in favor of Linda on almost everything! The asshole had the nerve to show up with his girlfriend! The judge was not impressed. Unbelievably, he did not ask about child visitation at all. This did not sit well with the judge. The judgment was so bad that his gold-digger girlfriend broke up with him, stomped out of the courtroom, and never saw him again. He had to keep working and eating ramen, and mac 'n' cheese for a couple of years to get on top of his debts— he fuck'n deserved it!

About this time, I started to work again. I was brought in by friends as a partner into a company, which was in the field I had expertise in. It was a big office, where there was a virtual smorgasbord of secretaries, receptionists, and female office clerks. Most of the unmarried women shied away from me because of my children— see it is not just men who do that.

I tried to keep my nose to the grindstone.

One secretary, Cynthia, seemed to latch onto me after a couple of months. I was blinded by her charms, as the song goes, I was 'Bewitched, Bothered & Bewildered'. I did not see she was the classic gold digger; she was attentive, sexually erotic, fantastic in bed and looked good on my arm. Sex was out of this world, and she never seemed to get enough. Our sex life was one big erotic party, she would watch porn and then have us reenact what she saw. Many times, it seemed I was lacking enough blood in my head to think straight.

She even fooled me with her false attention with the twins. I was stupefied. In six months, we got married. Linda had my back and sent me to her lawyer who drew up a hell of a prenup, ironclad, unbreakable! Cynthia's gold-digging mother, who was on her sixth marriage(!) assured her that all prenups were breakable, so Cynthia signed.

My kids never bonded with her, and always called her by her name, Cynthia; never Cindi and NEVER Mom! Other than a little of 'I am a pretty-girl attitude', I did not see anything wrong— just proves that men could and would be stupid when it came to being infatuated by the opposite sex.

The company had me transfer her out of my office to keep the fraternization policy, my partners and I drew up, intact. As one partner said, "Better safe than sorry." How prophetic.

We were now working in different offices a couple of miles apart. Cindi would drive herself to work, and I'd drive the kids to school.

We seem to have a good marriage; we spent time together. We had friends, I saw football, baseball games with the guys; Cindi had occasional girls' nights out with the girls from the office, and a couple were from my office. A couple of the girls' nights out did not include the girls in my office, and so I was going to ask Cindi about it.

But before I could talk to her about the girls' nights— shit happened.

One day when the kids were in sixth grade, after Cindi had left for work, Thomas Jr. did not feel well, so I told him he could stay home, and I'd call later to see how he was.

At about 10:00 AM, Thomas Jr. heard a noise. Knowing Cindi and I were supposed to be at work, he grabbed his baseball bat, and he silenced his phone before he opened his door. He heard Cindi's voice and one of a man. Thomas Jr. was only in middle school, but he knew something was not right.

The voices led him to the master bath. He was hidden behind the door frame and was able to get pictures through the open doorway, and then one as they got out of the shower, all without being seen. He snuck back to his room. Kids can be so sneaky. He texted me with the picture. I was shocked! The pictures were P.I. quality. They were oblivious to Thomas Jr's presence. The guy worked in her office under her managerial control; in other words, he worked for my company!!!

Like fools, they left the bedroom door open, too. Thomas Jr. got another clear shot of her on the bed with him.

Thomas Jr. must have hated her, as only an eleven-year-old could, his hate made his covert pictures magazine quality!

I checked my family locator, and it showed both Thomas Jr. and Cindi were in the house. I texted Thomas Jr., and told him to 'get out of the house, NOW!' And wait on the corner for 'Aunt' Linda. I called Linda, told her the Reader's Digest version and asked her to pick up Thomas Jr. since the school was nearby. She told the principal it was a family emergency; the principal took her classes.

Calling Linda was the best thing I could have done. Linda did not just pick up Thomas Jr.; but told him to stay in the car as she snuck into the house with her digital camera. In the nearly twenty-or-so minutes she spent spying on the two cheating assholes, Linda got almost porn-quality pictures from the open doorway. While she hid behind the door frame. she was able to get them 69ing, doing it doggy, and one photo had him with his dick in her ass! How she kept from grabbing Thomas Jr's bat, I didn't know. She left as quietly as she had entered.

olddave51
olddave51
211 Followers