Tranford Tales - Madoka

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"You're a cute girl now, and don't you forget it!"

These people were wonderful, and I felt so girly as I got dressed again! Hannah watched and gave me advice as I put on makeup.

I had some music on my phone, so I played it and danced and sang for a while. There was always one or two of them present, but Sophie was doing some housework, I think, and Liz and Hannah gradually did some things in the workroom.

Then we had a cup of tea, and had a text conversation with Mama.

Liz brought me a sandwich and a drink.

"Don't argue," she said. "And just drink water at the party, like a celebrity."

Then I was sent to the toilet, and guided to more formal makeup unlike the simple schoolgirl style.

Then I was given a big dose of anti-perspirant.

Liz and Hannah watched as I struggled with the outfit, but we were all pleased when I had managed it. Then I had to put the pink wig on myself and arrange it.

Hannah tweaked things, then I was walked down towards the pub again. Sophie had gone down earlier.

We stopped at the shop.

"I just want to introduce you to the Patels," Liz said, ushering me in. I was a bit frightened, showing myself to strangers for the first time.

There was a big man behind the counter wearing a red and gold sari!

"Madoka, meet Mr Patel. Nice sari. You'll be coming to the party?"

"Delighted to meet you, my dear," he said in a Birmingham accent.

"Yes, when we close up," he said to Liz, then called towards the back "Mrs Patel! Come and see! We have been visited by an angel!"

"Or is it a fairy?" he said, turning to me with a grin.

I just blushed.

An Indian woman came in, wiping her hands on a cloth. She was just in slacks and a top.

"Oh," she said. "Isn't she a peach, Mr Patel!"

"Bernie will be so jealous!" she said to Hannah, and they both laughed.

"See you later," she added with a wave and went in the back room.

As they took me out, I asked "do they call each other Mr and Mrs Patel?"

"Yes," said Liz. "At least in public. We don't know what their names are."

Well, Tranford was an unusual place.

Then we went to the Community Centre, where there were quite a few people waiting. I didn't have the chance to hesitate as Hannah pushed me through the door. They were chatting, but the talk stopped.

"I'd like you all to welcome Madoka!" said Liz and everyone clapped!

Then I was taken round and people congratulated Liz and told me how lovely I looked. A few asked about the character, and I told them the story of the magical girls.

There was a good range of food and a man in a French maid outfit going round with a tray offering food.

"Hello, I'm Bernie," he said, "and with strict instructions not to serve you anything but water!"

Later on, someone told me that he had a frilly pink dress for special occasions!

The Patels came round, both in their saris, and the couple from the pub came round individually, just for a brief while.

Everyone was so kind and I felt so beautiful.

Eventually Liz said "Come on princess. Let's not tire you out," and gently guided me out. People waved and called goodbye.

"They do love a party," she said as we walked back. "And you made quite an impression."

"I think it was your dress," I replied. "It's more beautiful than I expected."

"It's kind of you to say so," she said. "I was pleased, but I couldn't wish for a better model. I meant what I said about it being a one-off."

Then we were back and I just let her undress me, and put me in a dressing gown.

I couldn't believe how tired I felt as I flopped onto the sofa.

"Hard work being a celebrity, isn't it?" she said with a smile. She was just like a mother.

I was given a mug of cocoa and some jam on toast, which turned out to be exactly what I wanted, and I perked up a little.

"Now about tomorrow," she said.

"Oh yes, I've got the eleven o'clock train," I said. "Could you book me a taxi?"

"I'll take you myself," she said

"Thanks. You don't have to see me off, just drop me at the station."

She shook her head.

"I'm not going to trust that precious dress to the hazards of British Rail. I'm going to take you home. It's all right, there's someone not far away I want to visit, and I've arranged to stay the night with them."

"Now have you got a nightie or do you want to borrow one?"

I said I had one and went to get ready for bed.

I was asleep before Sophie came back from the party.

CHAPTER 4

I slept like a log, until there was a knock on the door and Liz came in with a cup of tea.

"When you're ready, just come down in the dressing gown, and Sophie'll sort you breakfast. Then you can have a shower and get dressed for school."

It seemed too good to be true. There I was, dressed like a schoolgirl (with my secret identity as the magic girl!) with long black hair (not in bunches this time, just plain), and nice makeup. We had another walk around, except this time we kept stopping to talk to people in their gardens, or coming back from the shop with a newspaper. No-one enquired about my background, just had I enjoyed the party, how good I had looked, and they hoped I would visit Tranford again.

Liz apologetically asked me to pay, and I gave her my bank card, which she was able to process there and then, like in a shop. Then we had a good talk about other clothes. It was agreed the superhero ones should be practical rather than perfect, but she would wait for my instructions.

When Liz said we should be going, I said I would change.

"Oh no. We'll be in a car, so you can have a bit longer. By the way, if you ever want a day or two's girl time, you're welcome to have a couple of nights with us. It'll have to be the train mostly, but just give us a ring."

She was so kind and I told her how much I appreciated it. Then I had a thought.

"But what about the other end?"

"I'll walk you to the door," she said. "It'll only take a minute. Who's going to know? And won't your mum be pleased?"

We drove for about an hour, then pulled into a motorway service station.

"I need the loo," she said. "Coming? You'll be sorry if you don't."

She reached behind the seat.

"Here's a little handbag with some necessities. Just a cheap one. Get yourself something like a school bag some time."

What could I do? I just had to go with her, through the car park and all those people, and into the women's toilets. Afterwards I touched up my makeup with what was in the handbag.

I thought we were going back to the car, but she took me towards the food counters.

"May as well have lunch while we're here."

Seeing my concern, she went on.

"People will look at you, because you're an attractive girl," she whispered. "Get used to it, and like it. You're being perfectly modest, and no-one will think anything other than nice outfit."

We got our trays, queued along and Liz paid for our meals. We found a table.

In a bit, I relaxed. People did look at me, but no-one was frowning or looking angry. I was just a half Japanese girl, out with her aunt, perhaps. Not even in the safety of Tranford, but out in the world! Could it be like this for ever?

Liz shared some more of her thoughts.

"No-one's going to think you're a schoolgirl, of course. I don't know what they wear in Japanese schools, but the top is far too styled for any British one. It's just a comic book drawing, but rather nice. You might even set a trend. You're obviously an adult woman, and schoolgirls have skirts even shorter these days. I'm surprised the schools allow it."

"Anyway, if you decide to go all the way, based on your measurements you could find some clothes for everyday wear in regular shops, obviously cheaper than made to measure. Get your mum to take you. It's not as unusual as you might think, and the big shops should not be any difficulty."

I texted Mama to tell her what was happening, then we continued.

When we arrived home, I phoned Mama to say we had arrived. Liz took the precious dress and my handbag, while I took my suitcase and the wigs bag. Mama was there with the door open, and we were quickly in.

I was admired, and told how brave I was, and Liz was thanked for everything, and I described what had happened. Then I went to just check on my emails and posts before putting on the pink dress.

There was a knock on the door and Mama came in.

"It's been more than hour, love," she said. "And Liz really needs to get going."

Shit! I said I was sorry, but was then helped into the pink dress and the wig and makeup adjusted with Mama being very interested in Liz's comments.

Then Liz really did have to go.

The pink dress wasn't really practical for anything other than being admired, so eventually I changed back.

Liz had apparently encouraged Mama to take me out in my girl clothes, and she was willing, but I was too scared.

So it was back to before. I was a Japanese schoolgirl or a maid most of the time at home, and once a week the magical girl. I sang songs to myself or to Mama, and spent much of the time on my computer or games consoles. But all at home.

CHAPTER 5

Then Mama had a confession.

"I'm sorry, love, but I had to. I told Derek,"

"You what?"

I was just shocked.

"And he wants to see you, as you really are. He's coming to dinner tonight. Will you do it for your Mama, my daughter?"

"He'll laugh at me!"

"It didn't sound like it. Not the pink one, or the maid. Just the latest schoolgirl, with black hair. You'd just be dressed like any normal girl, and you wouldn't have to change or hide when he visits."

We argued some more, then I went online and did a violent shooting game and killed lots of opponents and monsters.

Derek arrived. He was dressed more smartly than usual, and Mama had made a particular effort with herself and the meal.

I hid in my room.

Finally, reluctantly, I came out, face burning.

"Nice to meet you, Madoka," he said. In Japanese!

"You're cute!" he continued in Japanese, looking me up and down, and smiling.

I said it was a pleasure to meet him and thanked him kindly. Mama gasped.

We continued our conversation.

"Delicious!" he said and winked.

I asked if he spoke English, and he answered by asking for the bill.

I told him it was a ruby for a health potion, but two emeralds for a sword.

He asked something (I wasn't sure what) about the Tokyo underground, so I gave him directions to sail to the magic island.

"I spent some time in Japan," he said to Mama. "Madoka's very good."

The ice was broken.

He had actually been to Japan, but only for three weeks. He had a tourist phrase book, and had been to a maid café, where they taught him to say words like 'cute' and 'delicious'. We didn't tell Mama.

Another evening I was in my home-made schoolgirl outfit. Then I served them both as the maid, and he told me I was cute and the food was delicious, and said 'moe, moe, kyun!' which is an anime thing, but he had apparently got from the maid café. Afterwards I took off my apron and sang along to a girl band.

He also tried to take an interest in my computer games, like old folks do, before going off to have sex with my mother.

Finally, I was confident enough to greet him as the magic girl in pink, and he addressed me as 'princess' which I had got from fantasy games, and he got from the maid café. (He had kept a menu as a souvenir which had some phrases, which he had been revising. We nearly had some sensible conversations, but I also warned him to beware of dragons.)

The following week we were invited to his place for dinner. He said there was someone he wished us to meet. I was persuaded to be in my Japanese schoolgirl outfit. He picked us up and drove us there. It was a house, not a flat.

"This is my daughter, Robyn," he said as he introduced us.

She was wearing a tracksuit and had hair not in any particular style, and had round glasses. She could have been mistaken for a man at first glance.

Instead of saying "hello" or "pleased to meet you", she began in a quite different way.

"For the avoidance of doubt, I am female, so it is Robyn with a Y. Despite the fact that I have no Y chromosome. It should be the other way round!"

She grinned at her joke.

"I'm the reason Mum and Dad had to get married, and the reason they got divorced!"

"That's not true, darling!" said Derek.

"You know it is," she said to him and turned to us.

"I was a difficult child. Excluded and statemented. I went to a special school for a while. It was too much for Mum, but she stuck it till I was eighteen, then they divorced."

"I'm sorry, but I'm autistic -- Asperger's. I'm not very good at social situations and often cause offence, but I'm house-trained and this my home, so I stayed here with Dad."

She suddenly changed topic, and spoke to me.

"I'm glad to meet you at last hafjapgrl. I love your islands, and I would recognise you from your avatar. You must have a nice pink dress as well!"

"I'm aspiething," she added.

Aspiething was one of my great friends online! She never talked about herself but was quite witty and clever in game chat. Now I think of it, she was quite direct, but never insulting or angry like some. I had never thought if it was a male or female, just a friend.

"You're the one who built a town which made a real QR code if you looked at the plan!" I said.

She looked modestly pleased.

"I don't think many people noticed. I should have known you would. Want to come to my room?"

"I'll call you when dinner's ready," said Derek, so off we went.

Her room was not just that of a serious gamer. There were computer reference manuals, what was obviously a separate work computer, and three laptops.

"I do some coding and IT support for a living," she said, when I asked. "I don't get out much."

She let me log onto one of her laptops and we both went visiting other people's islands till we were called for dinner. It was nice to have a friend.

Dinner was fairly quiet despite our parents trying to make conversation. Then as soon as we could, we went back to her room.

After a while I said I had to go for a pee.

"Next door," she said. "You do do it sitting down? I don't like bodily functions, so I don't like hearing peeing into the water. Dad always sits down now."

Of course I did it sitting down -- I was a girl! Except she knew I wasn't. I could see how she sometimes caused offence at what must be to her ordinary statements or questions.

When I came back, she seemed to continue the conversation.

"I don't like hearing Dad having sex for the same reason. I'm glad he does, of course, but I don't want to imagine the process."

"By the way, he's very keen on your Mum. More than he was on my Mum or any woman I think he's had."

I said I thought they were keen on each other as well.

Next week we came for dinner again, and there was a surprise for me.

Robyn in a school uniform!

"I haven't worn a skirt since I left school," she said, smiling. "But I can, if you like."

We found a Japanese girl band singing in English online and copied them together. Then she let me put makeup on her, and my wig, and I took a picture with my phone. She has a small bust, and looked quite good. As she could be any time if she tried.

Next time I met her on one of our games she had an avatar with long black hair and something a bit like her school uniform. I realised she mainly used neutral or male avatars (not the muscly ones) so this was something new.

We were meeting a lot in virtual space and texting, and sharing our different knowledge of game spaces. I also gave her links to anime videos and sites.

Having seen the magical princess video, she wanted to see me in my dress so came round to us for dinner one day. We had dinner first, of course, then I changed.

She and Derek were suitably impressed. Robyn said how well Liz had done matching the cartoon, but it must be a bit impractical in real life. It was, of course, but it was OK sitting on her bed.

CHAPTER 6

Next week we went round for dinner, and they had a proposal. I had shown her about the next costumes I wanted: a different schoolgirl and the superhero she changes into. Robyn wanted to buy me the schoolgirl one, and Derek the superhero one!

Mama said no, of course but they somehow insisted. Derek said he would drive me there when they needed to be collected as he had some business he could do in the area, and it seemed he could stay overnight in a room at the pub.

On the day I was of course forced into my schoolgirl clothes for travelling. We didn't need to stop for lunch, but went to Liz and she showed us the new outfits. They both suited the black wig. The schoolgirl one had a sort of grey jacket and brown skirt. The superhero was a female warrior with a red skirt, which Liz said was much easier and more practical than the pink princess. The skirt was ruched which meant that my male bits were easily hidden.

"You can sit down anywhere, and wear it all day. It would be a bit striking on the street, but the schoolgirl one would blend in if you just wanted to go out shopping or something. I'd like to fit the jacket, though."

The jacket was fitted in time for lunch so we went to the pub. Derek left his suitcase in his room for the night, and we had lunch with Liz and someone called David who turned out to be the architect, and his wife Chloe. He told us the very interesting story of Tranford. Then Derek said he had got to do some business, so Liz and me went back to deal with the other costume.

Chloe came along with us. I found out why, when the adjustments had been made, and I had admired myself.

"Those shoes and socks," she said, "they're fine for a schoolgirl, but not the warrior. I know they'd be practical if you really were fighting, but the cartoon shows red high heels. So I thought..."

Looking embarrassed she produced a lovely pair of red shoes.

"I don't wear them anymore because they're only two-inch. They were my starters, and since we're the same size, I thought you might like... you know... you can have them if you want..."

"We think you should wear tights as well, to give a smooth tanned look," added Liz, producing a pair.

I was a bit wobbly, but it wasn't as hard as I feared. Once I had managed to get around a bit, Chloe took me out for a walk, while Liz got on with some other work.

We ended up at the community centre where there was some sort of committee meeting going on. They were mostly women, and I think some of them had been men.

They admired me in what seemed a genuine way, and said I was very good on the heels for the first time, but I needed to work up to four inches. I was warned about getting sore and blisters. A couple showed me a pad they had in the shoe or a plaster on the foot.

Bernie was also there, not dressed as a maid, but in a smart working dress. He took me in the back to show me his special pink dress on the hanger.

"Not as great as yours," he said, "but I love it. Hannah only lets me wear it on special occasions."

I said it would be a special occasion if he showed me, and he gladly agreed, so I went back to the committee, who asked me to say things in Japanese. I told them about the maid cafés and Hannah said I was not to tell Bernie, or he'd want to run one.

Then Bernie came out and people laughed and clapped.

It was hard to describe it. It was a man in frilly dress. He didn't look like a woman at all, just a man in a dress. It should have been silly, and I suppose it was, but it was impressive. He was radiant. They had not laughed at him: it was just like a child wanting something so much and getting it, and you are glad to see it.

He was lovely. He was happy and it made you happy to see him walking around in his glory.

My magic girl dress was wonderful, of course. Bernie's wasn't so pretty, but was special in a different way. I was sure the Japanese would have words to precisely describe the two different qualities, but I didn't know them.