Tranford Wives Pt. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

After dinner, a couple of drinks and a lot of handshakes and kisses we went back.

"You'll have noticed we're not like the others," said Liz carefully. "They're mostly the full Monty: fully functioning women, as it were, wives in every way. Sophie here, my husband hasn't gone so far, because she doesn't need to."

"I never fancied men," said the lady in question. "So I'd have no use for a vagina, and it's much more of an operation. I mainly got rid of my male bits for the sake of the clothes."

"Not as if they were being used a lot," cut in Liz with a laugh. "It's all right, we were never much for sex, though it did give us a lovely daughter, and I never missed it."

"He was really just a crossdresser, a man who likes the clothes and makeup part. It started when there was a party at the hospital. He was a male nurse and we thought it would be fun for him to go in a sexy girl nurse outfit. Believe me, there was plenty of gender bending costumes, and for most of them it didn't mean anything. But for him it did, of course."

"I took a while to get used to the idea, but there was no harm, so I made or altered some other outfits for him to wear at home. We even managed to sneak out a few times."

"Anyway, we thought we ought to get some advice about gender issues, and found it was not uncommon, and met some other men like that who moaned about how hard it was to get clothes to fit. It started as a favour, and word got round, so it developed into a little business."

"Sophie eventually took time to have a boob job, which worked out well, as you see, and began living more as a woman. That's as far as some men go. I'm telling you this, so you can see where you can go, but you can stop at any point."

I later learnt that Sophie was registered as a nurse practitioner in the medical centre in the town, which meant she could prescribe some medicines. She worked there part time, but also dealt with minor conditions and injuries in Tranford.

She really did have her genitals removed for the sake of the clothes, but felt much better in herself without her balls: more feminine, of course.

Maisie had not been at the pub: they rarely were, usually doing a bit more on their house. I told her on the site what I had done.

"Brilliant, Chloe! I'm proud of you."

"Listen, love. I've been through it all, so you can ask Aunty Maisie anything you like and I won't bullshit. Some of it's good and some of it's not so good, but it's all been worth it for me."

She jiggled her boobs with her hands.

"Get yourself a bra with a bit of weight in it, and see if you like it."

I could hardly wait to finish work.

There I found that some kind people had already donated some clothes which might be in my size, so that evening was a bit of a fashion parade. It was agreed that I needed a bra to look right in some of the others. I now had a nightdress as well as the pyjamas.

"Take it steady," said Sophie. "This is the initial excitement. For most men it becomes a part-time relaxation, and there's nothing wrong with that. Everyone would be happy to have you if you were."

I supposed she would know.

CHAPTER 5

David had been away on another job when I became Chloe, and he saw me on site in my work clothes when he came to discuss progress and difficulties. That was the main priority, before we go onto personal matters.

"Well done! I'm delighted for you. In that case, as the only available man on the street, can I invite you to dinner at my place this evening? I would offer pick you up, but I think it would be nicer if we just walked down. Shall I call on you at half seven?"

Of course I accepted. And in that first dress walked down the street with him! The bush telegraph meant that a lot of people were looking out of their windows, and a few from their gardens as I held his arm.

"We'll eat in the drawing room," he said, indicating plates and cutlery on a drawing table! It was mainly microwave with a bottle of wine.

I told him I hadn't been sure, but was pretty happy and everyone had been so kind.

"I'm pleased," he said. "I hope we can welcome many others."

We chatted and there was clearly something he wanted to say, but was hesitating.

"Out with it!" I said. "I'm a big girl now. What's the problem?"

"Well, I'm really worried, but I'm going to say this, and I hope it's all right."

He took a deep breath.

"What do you think about that stupid Yank, Mr Bullshit Johnson, at the Summer Camp?"

"I hope he's dead in a ditch!"

"And how do you feel about yourself?"

"Fine." I began to see where he was going. "Angry, but not at myself."

"I guessed so. You don't feel guilty?"

"Not at all!" I really got it, now! "That's what's been spoiling things all these years, and why I got into such a state. I don't feel guilty about wanting to be a girl! I've just done it and it's fine. In fact, it's fucking lovely!"

I kissed him suddenly and exuberantly. I guessed I didn't need to apologise.

"Yeah, I hoped so," he said with a big smile.

"It was sort of the same with me. When I went to university, I met one of the other lads from the camp, and we sort of bonded over our shared experience. Then we got drunk and actually had sex. I fucked him and did it again. The thing was he really was gay, though he hadn't done anything. That stupid camp had just made him feel even more guilty so that he was thinking of suicide. Then when he was actually fucked, all the guilt went away. I had got guilt about things I had not even thought of doing, and it vanished when I did them."

He sighed.

"That was my first love, but it didn't work out."

"Oh," I said, "sorry to hear that."

He obviously wanted to say more.

"The thing is, I don't think I was really gay. It was more the situation, and I liked him a lot, of course, but we finished and I've only been with girls since then, but nothing serious."

"Actually, you've met him. He's now Dilys, Peter's wife. They were the ones who first came to me with the idea."

"By the way," he added. "Our de-programmer. Do you want to know what happened to him?"

I nodded.

"He's living in Nevada with a man. As a woman."

It took a moment, then I laughed. Then I stopped.

"Lucky bastard! He doesn't deserve it!"

CHAPTER 6

My first bra was not like I expected. For a start, there was more than one.

Liz said she did not normally make bras, so took me (in my man clothes) to the city where there was a shop she knew and where other residents went. There I was measured up and a selection made for me. It was not about looking pretty at this stage, just fitting well and doing the job under clothes. I was not used to looking at or thinking about female underwear in any case, but thought they all looked nice.

Basically, there were three in what Liz thought was my natural cup size, and the same version in a larger one, which she said was a common request with trans women. There was also a smaller one of each, which she said always looked realistic. There were two of the smallest size in a plainer style which she said were good for practice. Generally women like me (starting out) bought them one by one and used trial and error, but as I could afford it, this was the quickest way.

I also bought some panties which she recommended, and some pairs of thick black tights. Another nightdress and a couple of lacy vests made a substantial shopping.

"A woman's wardrobe is more expensive," she said, "and more so if you want to look as smart as Tranford wives."

When we got back to Tranford there was something unexpected. As trial boobs she had made up some rice in the legs of tights in the three sizes. It was a cheap way before buying something more realistic. Over the next couple of weeks, I experimented. Simply learning to manage the fastenings and adjustments took time. I was also learning to apply makeup as well.

With just a tiny bag of rice in each cup I actually wore my practice bra to work. With loose clothes it wasn't obvious. Not to men anyway.

"I see you've got a bra, then," said Maisie, as we shared a brew. "I hope there's a bigger one for the evenings." I said there was.

"Glad to hear it. It's a good idea to get used to it. If you make a full commitment you have to put up with tits all the time, and a bra most of the time."

"Not that I've any complaints," she said, grabbing her boobs and jiggling them contentedly.

Liz and Sophie invited David to dinner to see the new me. My legs were well shaved, so that I did not need tights, and extra time and effort had been spent on my makeup. I don't know what I expected, really. He said I looked lovely and had been brave, and kissed me on the cheek. Then the others mainly ran the conversation around the table. When he left, he kissed Sophie and Liz, looked at me, hesitated then sort of raised his hand and said "See you at work tomorrow."

I felt sort of disappointed, but I didn't have any reason to be.

I got invited to lots of other dinners. (Maybe they had a rota!) It was good getting to know people in a close way and they were all very encouraging. At work David was friendly and even a bit courteous, calling me Chloe, but it was still professional. (Why should it be anything else?)

We had things to discuss as I was in charge of all the electric supply, and needed to liaise with and check on contractors laying supplies to the plots. In later times I would be employing contractors for jobs I could not manage on my own.

Then I got invited to a dinner with Peter and Dilys. David was there as well, and it may have just been an impression, but was hehe was a little less relaxed. He was wrong when he said there were no pretty women in Tranford, because Dilys definitely was. (Perhaps he was denying it.) Maybe she had had some facial surgery, but that she was a good-looking woman: figure too. Now I knew, I could see the shoulders and Adam's apple, and the voice was a bit low, but in every other way she looked and moved, she was feminine.

She held Peter's hand, and sometimes his upper arm, and there were little signs of two people in love. But there were some glances towards David which indicated that he was not forgotten. And his glances towards her suggested she was still important to him.

They were a lovely couple and very friendly to me, offering any help they could at any time, and I really liked them.

Actually, it made things easier. Just because David and me were unattached didn't mean that we had to pair up. He was still holding a torch for his love, and I wasn't looking for romance. My prayer had actually been answered. I asked to be made a girl, but said I wouldn't have sex. I had avoided thinking about it for years, and had no desire for gay sex. Liz and Sophie were happy without it, and so are many people. Now I had plenty of friends who were helping me to enjoy nice clothes and feminine conversation.

A trip to a beauty salon for hair and the works was an alarming experience at first, but gradually I got used to the environment, and began to understand both the challenge and the delight of looking good. I was now presentable without a wig, though I always wore a cap or helmet at work.

The hair in particular helped on trips to town, always accompanied by some of the other women and often a husband or two, so I was in no real danger. It was a bit stressful, but also exhilarating. However it was always a relief to be back to the safety of Tranford. I now appreciated what a wonderful project it was.

Along with Liz and Sophie, I now watched programmes such as dance contests with interest, and listened to their comments about the girls and their dresses. It was very technical. Female clothing was more complex than the Wiring Regulations, but a lot more fun to learn!

12