All Comments on 'TRC - Lord of the Glass Desert Ch. 01'

by BluDraygn

Sort by:
  • 16 Comments
jpz007ahrenjpz007ahrenover 3 years ago
YEEEAAAHH!!!

Haven't even read more than a couple of words. And those were by accident. Just had to quickly leave a thank you and some hype for the start of the next book.

You already told us what the name of this would be, but still. Chills at the title. It could mean soooo many things. Or just be something new and cool. Doesn't matter, I'm going to love it.

Thank you for your work. Be well, and as always, I'm looking forward to more. ^.^

jpz007ahrenjpz007ahrenover 3 years ago
Now for the afterword

*sigh*...

Well. I've read this chapter.

Since I'd used all my giddy exuberance before I'd taken the time to get to the story, I'm left with a bit more of the impressionable weight left by both the introduction, and the finale of this one. Yeah... I get it. Not everything is happily ever after. And looking at it logically, you couldn't pick more likely targets... But still... *sigh*

Still love the story. Its still fantastic and I'm eagerly awaiting what comes next. But if this chapter is any indication of the tone to expect for this new book. Thanks for the warning (Sincerely, and without intended reproach.). And yeah... I guess a dark arc makes a lot of sense. Good to see Kal having matured a bit more with regards to the responsibility of someone with power, in a world where the "strong" prey on the weak. But that scene hits hard. Didn't think I'd wonder this before today, and it would have seemed silly to think this earlier, but I do hope Ikuno still recognizes Kal when he reunites with her. There is more than distance and time that separates him from his first love. There is a journey. So far, I'd say he's walked the hero's path. I hope his green stays bright, and doesn't pick up too much stain from the blood that will need to be spilt. Ikuno understood what a life in the world of powerful, dangerous people could be. This chapter demonstrates that Kal is taking that to heart as well.

As a parting note, and thus something casual viewers are unlikely to read (much less before actually finishing the chapter) I do very much like that the power being weld by the initial character wasn't truly their own. It was gifted to them. Although, this does lead one to worry about what other powers may be at play. Especially with one whose mind is shaped as they, one who is going to what lengths they are to do what they intend to do. No longer being gifted magic doesn't lesson their will, nor the amount of training they've put into themselves and their craft.

Thanks again for the new book! Be well. And... take all the time you need to write it. But always write The Story. Whether its yours, or you find it taking on its own life. ^.^ Don't write any of ours, unless they happen to already be what the story was going to be. ~Cya next time

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Whoop! Here we go again

Great to see you back at it and continuing this story.

Best of luck

IronkombatIronkombatover 3 years ago
The next chapter

I wasn’t around when you were releasing the first two books but I really hope there is not a long gap between chapters Becca this story is so good!!!!

BluDraygnBluDraygnover 3 years agoAuthor

@jzp007ahren

Too many times I've read a story or series and realized that the main character at the end was the exact same as the one in the very beginning. Maybe they learned some token life lesson along the way or had some moment of self-discovery but essentially they are the exact same person with a new shiny badge they can hold up, be it a realization, or ability, or weapon, or recognition, etc.

This is one of the reasons I love the Drizzt books by R.A. Salvatore. Beginning with the Homeland series, the main character, whose name is Drizzt for those reading this unfamiliar with the series, goes through some drastic shifts in his thought process as he grows and understands more of the world around him. This ranges from understanding the foolishness of swearing to not kill another Drow to no longer hiding the fact he is a dark elf from a surface world that naturally fears him.

Back in book one, I decided I wanted to capture that same sense of growth, or at least try to. I wanted to make Kal more dynamic and interesting as a person instead of "YOU GOT A NEW SPELL!" *Legend of Zelda fanfare* but other than that is essentially unchanged.

Unfortunately, growing pains are a thing, and the lessons learned in a dangerous world aren't easy and often leave a mark.

I'm going to leave you with this:

Before you *sigh* again, wait to read the next chapter. :)

@Ironkombat

Glad you found me!

jpz007ahrenjpz007ahrenover 3 years ago
All good

Should have known that the comic rules apply. ^.^ As important as things can be... if you don't even have a name. >.> Well. Yeah.

Yeah, I'm definitely with you on wanting real character growth. Especially for Kal. Him staying that same well-spoken farmer that needs his women to thrust the spear (>.> as it were) is definitely not what I'm looking for in someone that has a chronicle written about them. So I'm all onboard with that. Just things hit a bit harder in this chapter than where we left off in the 3 X's, yah know? Needed a deep breath to center myself. As I said before, perfect targets. Not just from a "character growth" perspective, but perfect in verisimilitude. They probably left in a hurry precisely to not get caught up in Kal's snare of love. He can't help being as wonderful as he is, and he shouldn't have to. But when you're shown paradise for a moment, then told that its a timeshare kind of thing... Not everyone can handle the wait. Also, not everyone could turn down the offer if made one last time. It sucks big time that it happened, but its perfectly understandable. Really hoping Kal doesn't have to go through a Magnetism phase is all. Nobody should have to, but it happens all the same. Time will tell. And whatever happens, I'm looking forward to the discovery. Since I cannot offer my assistance in person I can only hope my rooting for them is felt through the dimensions.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Nice start of the third book. Liked the actions. Hope to see fights like this a little more frequently.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Great start to a new book 👍

skippersdadskippersdadover 3 years ago

I have been reading all the TRC and it is great .

Dreamdog519Dreamdog519almost 3 years ago

Great start to a new book.

FISHINGDUDEFISHINGDUDEover 2 years ago

The Continuation I was Hoping For! Good story!

Ravey19Ravey19over 2 years ago

Good start and now we see him as he may need to be to satisfactorily complete his quest.

Richard1940Richard1940almost 2 years ago

Damn! You've drawn me in already.

TwistedDaveAuthorTwistedDaveAuthorover 1 year ago

I appreciate Kal's change of heart. But at the expense of the merchant and his daughter, that was cruel. Not naming them makes sense now, still, very cruel.

Woogie1Woogie15 months ago

Love the Series!! Keep up the EXCELLENT WORK!!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userBluDraygn@BluDraygn
New story submitted! Beyond Worlds: Mis-taken Hero Ch 01 TRC Ch 43 will be coming right after this one, and posting these two together is part of the reason I only submitted the one chapter last month. Also, a new The Witch's Offering chapter is up on Patreon, as is the sta...