All Comments on 'TRC - Lord of the Glass Desert Ch. 03'

by BluDraygn

Sort by:
  • 11 Comments
Jedi_KhanJedi_Khanover 3 years ago
Heh...

I have a feeling that this assassin is going to find Kal to be a rather challenging target, perhaps more than the assassin can handle. I can't help but draw a possible comparison to another popular story that I won't name here, where the hero was targeted for assassination and every attempt was unknowingly rebuffed much to the master assassin's frustration, until the master assassin took things too far and drew the hero's ire.

jpz007ahrenjpz007ahrenover 3 years ago
Hey hey hey

Its back in business, round 3!

I don't know why, but my mind is just going to beyond extreme imaginings atm for Kal's tattoos. Sure, at the moment he's got his 3 lifesaving ones on his back, but now he's working on making some invisible ink to be able to have tattoos out in the open too? Gnarly. Especially since we know that its not a common thing to have magic sight, being able to walk around completely naked, but have an illusion of clothing and armor active... The possibilities. Which of course eventually spirals into heretical insanity, in a most paranoid case, having regenerative and even flight tattooed upon one's very bones, so not even being flayed could take you out. But that's... hopefully something that never comes up in this series. Cause... well... Yeah.

Glad to see that the assassin is going to be killed, and Kal's likely to earn himself a kitty-cat, as long as she behaves and they mesh well together. Because there's foreshadowing, and then there's foreshadowing, ya know? Because while I'm sure there are loads of people in this city that deserve some kind of reckoning, Kal can only provide it to those that make it his business to do so.

Love his continued experimentation, even if it cost a slutty snooty slime some pain. If he had known about it, they could have possibly experimented a bit to see if when she's "in the mood" if it doesn't bother her as much. Otherwise we know he wouldn't do that to her intentionally... if he had other choices. Maybe I'm projecting on where I'm imagine his growth going and he hasn't yet shown this to be the case, but it feels like that bit of blue is something he could push himself to, much as he might need to recover after the fact. All a balancing act. Very rough stuff, weighing pain.

But enough of that dark talk. Thank you for your story! So glad to get to read the next round. I'd hope Kal recognizes the position he's in before he ends up needing to overreact to protect himself. Better a bit more chronic stress than a serious traumatizing event, and at this point, I'm not even sure if knowing there's an active target on his back would really worry him that much, so, here's to the next one. May it come when its ready. ^.^

ToughCrowdToughCrowdover 3 years ago

Jedi_khan i think i know the story you are talking about....

And bludraygn ...loving the story thanks for another wonderful chapter though it would be great to have longer chapters

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Amazing. I will freely admit i am a folower of jedi mentioned story. And yes. As some blonde charachter from that story would say a lot of bad guys in need of killing! Eheh!

Tsm

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

More than one person brings up a certain story but no one notices the similarity between the slime and a certain shape shifter?

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Great chapter as always! Please please please... Rescue Ikuno soon

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Why the reluctance to mention another story?

I don't get the issue. If TRC is mentioned in the comments of a different story, it increases the likelihood it will increase readers for Blu. Obviously, the reverse is true.

None of you implied anything negative, vis a vis, plagarizing ideas. It's common for artists of all mediums to be influenced by other artists' work, and incorporate aspects in their own work. It's called being influenced.

If I recognized an aspect of one of Blu's characters reminded me of a published work, or a popular Lit sub, and mentioned it in a comment, it would be a complement to Blu's talents.

Strange... It's not like there is a finite amount of readers, and mentioning another story in TRC comments will reduce the number of readers of TRC.

Thanks, Blu, for sharing, and writing. I'm just pissed I'm about to catch up with your work production. I started Book 1 a week ago Friday, and have had a hard time getting anything done in the past week. LOL

GeoD

Ravey19Ravey19over 2 years ago

Well, I'm waiting to see what happens next

anubeloreanubeloreover 2 years ago

After reading the comments:

Are all you guys talking about "A Matter of Blood" by LateStageInfernalism? Or something else? Why the hell wouldn't you just use the gotdamn name of the freaking story? Ridiculous.

Rhino77PIlotRhino77PIlot5 months ago

Hmmmm.... I wonder when this showdown will happen? I can predict the primary outcome -- Bozun loses. But what about other effects? Will he live, or die? Will the fight include the minotaur? What will happen with his slaves? Will the uproar attract the attention of thr nobles? So many questions! I'm sure BD has woven a wondrous tale to enlighten us.... I cannot thank you enough for this saga.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userBluDraygn@BluDraygn
New story submitted! Beyond Worlds: Mis-taken Hero Ch 01 TRC Ch 43 will be coming right after this one, and posting these two together is part of the reason I only submitted the one chapter last month. Also, a new The Witch's Offering chapter is up on Patreon, as is the sta...