All Comments on 'TRC - Lord of the Glass Desert Ch. 05'

by BluDraygn

Sort by:
  • 16 Comments
PurrBringerPurrBringerover 3 years ago
Wonderful work like always

Your writing has me thursting for more, whether that be action or adventure it doesn't mater. Reading your work i get to the last page and am left wondering why the chapter ended so quickly then realize I've read more than I thought I had. If only I had one wish it would be that each new installment for your books was longer than the last, alas one cannot rush art. Please keep up the glorious work

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

How cruel to leave us hanging at this point 😂

Wonderful chapter!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Minotaur

Hope the Minotaur dies.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
You ever do any hangliding?

I got involved in the mid '70's, in the infancy of the sport. Your descriptions of Kal's gliding in the previous book(s?) brings back many memories of jumping off mountains, cliffs, and dunes.

Unfortunately, we never had harpies to take us up, and drop us. We had to climb the mountains, most of the time. Had a buddy who was the first to ever be dropped from a hot air balloon above a certain height. He also did some other drops &/or tows.

He came from a background of being towed by boats up at Lake Tahoe, so he didn't have the aversion to being in a harness and towed like the rest of us did. It finally caught up with him, and while testing a new kite design, (he was partners in a kite building shop in Eugene), on a beach at the coast, there was a mechanical failure and he crashed and died.

The reason I asked if you've flown is your apparent knowledge of wind currents and how they mess with you. Something I discovered quickly was there are dead air pockets which scare the crap out of you for about 40-50 feet. (When you suddenly drop, at altitude.)

My buddy and his partner sold me my first kite, and taught me to fly. They always told me there was a cushion of air, at ground level, which you could count on, as long as you had the kite at the right attitude.

I was effing around one day at a small hill just south of Eugene, (1,500, at most), and getting to the top wasn't worth it. I was 'ground skimming', which was fun as hell. It was a cold day, which makes the air dense, and not real good for gliding.

i was about 30-40 feet about the 2-3 foot tall heavy grass, when I hit a dead air pocket. There was no cushion of air for me, that day, and I landed flat on my ass. Luckily, the tall grass cushioned the landing, but I hit hard enough it effed my neck up; compressed disks from thr impact.

But, I was insane, back then. Laughed it off. Had a stiff neck for a while. I was a competitive freestyle skier, don't say 'professional', because I never made a penny. Was good enough to compete, just not good enough to win. This was in the days when we weren't smart enough to wear helmets, and hadn't figured out to practice aerials over a swimming pool.

So, the neck injury from hangliding was only one of many... LOL

Your tale of Kal's gliding has brought back some good memories. Thanks. There is NOTHING like unassisted flight. Nothing...

GeoD

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Amazing work! Since stumbling across you last week, I have read the series so far and love all of it.

skippersdadskippersdadover 3 years ago

I have been reading these stories , all of them I love this can not wait for the rest.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
It's been a month wnich means new chapter right?

Crossing my fingers

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
same question....it has been a while...

when are you going to post more? I really enjoy the story.

BluDraygnBluDraygnover 3 years agoAuthor

December has been a rough month for me. I won't go into details but hopefully that nastiness is behind me.

As to updates? Chapter 6 will be submitted tomorrow.

BUT WAIT! THERE'S MORE!

I will also be submitting a TRC Side Story that is roughly equal in length to 3 1/2 normal chapters. I've been wanting to post it all at once which is another reason updates have been lacking in the last month of the year.

Though not essential to the main storyline some of the characters will get mentions in future LotGD chapters and now you will know who they are talking about. :D

BluDraygnBluDraygnover 3 years agoAuthor

@ GoeD

I just want to say thank you for your comment, I appreciate all comments but yours struck an interesting chord with me.

I hope this comes as a surprise but no, I have never been sky diving, hang gliding, paragliding, or anything of the sort. I tried rappelling once when I was young and completely locked up when going over the edge of the rock face.

The reason your comment is so interesting is that I speak often of the amount of research I put into my stories and your relatively innocuous question is a source of intense pride for me.

I drew my descriptions from numerous personal accounts and videos of unassisted gliding, mostly in squirrel suits as they match Kal's methods the most. The most recent example when Kal dealt with the mountain updrafts was taking my previous research and applying it to what I had learned about air currents around mountains, rain shadows, etc.

That someone who appears to have a significant amount of time in the air doing these things asked such a question... I must be doing something right. :D

2Reader2Readerover 2 years ago

Kal is still dumb AF. “She won’t keep trying to kill me”

Jackspeed2uJackspeed2uover 2 years ago

Ok, here is a great tip, whenever Microsoft word offers a grammatical correction ACCEPT IT every time.

… than at I first thought. How did you even think that would work? Just drop the ‘at’. It’s as if your trying to make your grammar fancier than it is and in doing so you end up making so many errors. By the looks of it you probably think your fancy grammar just isn’t understood by MS word, it is and it offers corrections so accept them.

The biggest fault with this story is the grammar that just trips up the reader as they stumble across it. In the absence of a editor try reading your work a few days or a week after you’ve finished it. You will find many but not all errors. So Max word grammar corrections are your best bet followed by a read through.

Magnificent story and idea though. Although Kal’s stupidity and naivety is wearing a bit thin.

Ravey19Ravey19over 2 years ago

Never rains but it pours for Kal.

anubeloreanubeloreover 2 years ago

@Jackspeed2u. Then. Not than. And Microsoft Word's grammar checker is garbage. Hot garbage.

On the subject of the chapter, I'm glad the cow-girls got some love. Really nice chapter. Kal's not naive, he's just a hero. And heroes aren't cynical assholes. Just saying.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Good story.

Blu: Have a look a test at grammarly.com - it's a completely free online text 'fixer' which I think you'll find quite helpful...

- Aussie Vadar

DruggoDruggoabout 1 year ago

Well written. Loved the fight scene.

To those of you offended by slavery. Remember your cell phone is slave made. Those workers in cobalt mines get 16 cents a day.

Slavery is real in the world and a horrible thing.

Blue is writing about it and the disgust is apparent in Kal.

Human trafficking is everywhere. Be safe and vigilant

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userBluDraygn@BluDraygn
New story submitted! Beyond Worlds: Mis-taken Hero Ch 01 TRC Ch 43 will be coming right after this one, and posting these two together is part of the reason I only submitted the one chapter last month. Also, a new The Witch's Offering chapter is up on Patreon, as is the sta...