All Comments on 'TRC - Lord of the Glass Desert Ch. 06'

by BluDraygn

Sort by:
  • 15 Comments
Jedi_KhanJedi_Khanover 3 years ago
Well now...

That happened rather fast. Eager to move on to the endless sand dunes, are we? Guess Kal better get used to the idea of having a slave, albeit a willing one.

I imagine the caravan owner is going to be rather surprised to see Kal, provided he's still in town and didn't leave days ago. I can certainly see that happening, the caravan master telling Kal that they leave in week but actually packs up and leaves the next day, especially after passing on word to the assassin that his target was spotted. Wonder what Kal will do if that turns out to be the case?

As always, looking forward to more.

jpz007ahrenjpz007ahrenover 3 years ago
Oh yeah.

She forgot to grab a leash and hand it to him. ^.^ Though I suppose that's for later. Its been a rough and upsetting time for both of them, and they need some time to recover. More mentally than physically.

One way to look at it. Its not so much wrong to own slaves, and it is that slavery- the institution that people can be sold is wrong. There are plenty of relationships, especially those like what Ria described where people can express themselves honestly and openly. And in a more philosophical sense, there's a fair bit of lack of choice for a great deal of people. ~Gosh... there's something more flowery and whatnot that I want to add, but its just not coming together. In essence, Kal doesn't seem the type to abuse his power over Kashka. But enough of that for now, on to less negatively charged subjects.

Like Ria. It happened a bit quickly, but... something has happened with her, hasn't it? We'll have to wait and see and keep a lookout for it, but as always, her new and budding life has my concern for her grow as she does. Being a person instead of just an object has its... "humanity" as a side effect. And as just a slight tiptoe dip back into the previous pool, I do wonder if Kal could have Ria take the collar away now? Ownership is a tricky thing with magic and the like. In my headcannon, without having assimilated conflicting information, I imagine that while Kashka herself is something that 'magic' would recognize as Kal owning, I think that collar Belongs to her. She is punishing herself, while also maybe trying to find redemption, and this is the path she has chosen. Perhaps it puts a burden on Kal, but she has taken some measure of the man, and knows her own talents. She can certainly be useful to him.

As a tertiary thing- wowzer did Bozun have a lot of magic stuff on him. Seems like for all his hard edges though, he hadn't actually fought for his life seriously or trained on the limitations of what gifts he had objectively. Not recently at least. Because, sure, Kashka is very good at what she was trained to do, she's a cat. But nevertheless, she was able to diagnose and then counteract how his reflexive magic worked in just a couple of real encounters. Sure, she may have already known about its general abilities before this, but its not something she could have ever bent her mind to figuring out- not and stay sane. Him failing to recognize that he was being herded into a position that would nullify his defenses... Well, here's hoping Kal was paying attention to that fight as well. Knowing the limitations of your own abilities and how to exploit their strengths as well as their weaknesses is important.

Thank you so much for your story. I, uhh... enjoyed it alot. Had a fair bit to comment about it too, uhh, sorry? ^.^ Anywhose, I hope you and yours are and stay well. Looking forward to the next 5 stories. Offshoots are great as well, but what happens next? xD Take all and any time you need. I'm just here freeloading off the greatness. Don't mind me.

skippersdadskippersdadover 3 years ago

love it I kind of figured what would happen nice though.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Because her honor demands it? She has honor? All we know about her so far is that she has spent almost all of her life being a slave, having no agency, never making a decision on her own. She wasn't an assassin with honor; she was a biological robot trying to survive. Was she a pet with honor? If so, okay I guess, but we never saw that. The scene with the bull demonstated mercy, but not honor. I could understand her putting the collar on because she doesn't know how else to live her life, or is scared of acting on her own. Hell, I could even understand her putting the collar on, after getting naked, because she found Ria's description of sex under compulsion earlier to be arousing, and wanted to try it. But because of her honor?

ZZchromosomeZZchromosomeover 3 years ago

Honor is a matter of knowledge and belief. If you know what honor is, if you believe in it, and if you act on it, then you have honor. Honor is denied to the slave, it is the province of free persons. Now that she is a free person, she has chosen the Path of Honor.

BluDraygnBluDraygnover 3 years agoAuthor

@Anon Yes, her honor. The next few chapters will delve into her perceptions of honor and why she chose this.

@skippersdad :D

@jpz007ahren

There are a lot of great points you bring up but I'm only going to pick one or I will be sitting here for the next hour and I need to work on Ch 8.

What I'm about to say may end up getting brought up later in the story but it's a minor point, so I don't consider it much of a spoiler.

Bozun was crafty, but at the same time, he had gotten complacent and believed there was no way to defeat his shifting magic. As protracted fights are not the style of assassins, he had comparatively little experience with this type of battle and went into it without considering Kashka might be able to time things so perfectly. His belief in his own invincibility was the reason he went through with trying to murder Shakri's boy despite being chased by Kal and Kashka. It's the reason he hesitated at the door.

That last part won't be showing up in the story.

@JediKahn

Me? Yes, stuff has to happen out on the dunes, interesting stuff. Unfortunately, Kal now has a new passenger to deal with, which he is none too pleased about, and will need to be outfitted properly for the journey.

Quick note: Another small spoiler. :P Toba is the Caravan Master because he owns the business, but also because he arranges shipments, passengers, manages the camel supply, etc. He doesn't actually leave Fazal except on rare occasions and has others do the actual traveling across the desert.

BluDraygnBluDraygnover 3 years agoAuthor

It looks like Lit does one submission per day. First Name, Second Name ( https://www.literotica.com/beta/s/trc-first-name-second-name ) went up last night, so the other two should be coming tonight and tomorrow night.

This story was a lot of fun to write and I hope you all enjoy it. :D

jadedlonewolf89jadedlonewolf89over 3 years ago

1: every living being has hopes, dreams, and beliefs, life is not black and white sometimes you have to learn to live with the bad and if given a chance you can find redemption and try to repair damage done there is honor in that.

2: here's to hoping the cat girl stays she can teach some of the more unconventional ways of fighting to the party as well as bringing a new her knowledge of peoples baser nature to bear, an all around handy companion to have around.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Addicted

Ok you can’t make me wait so long next time I was having withdrawals issues. Lol love the story, it’s just what we need right now. A little fantasy.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
You handled the Bull scene well...

it was merciful, about all that could have been done.

On to the sands...

Thanks, as always.

GeoD

SpeedySPSpeedySPover 3 years ago
Is Kal’s morality loosening?

I recall Kal being hesitant to have sex with women he wasn’t in a relationship with. Maybe I’m misremembering, and I haven’t gone back to double check, but despite having multiple partners, I thought of Kal as somewhat honorable. It seems that he’s becoming a bit more like a man on a business trip and the farther he is from home the less reason he needs to stray.

WretchedMonkeyWretchedMonkeyover 3 years ago

@SpeedySP - Kal's morality with having sex with monster girls? He's had sex with most of the monster girls he's met. The last chapter (or maybe the one before) had him fucking a whole stable of cowgirls, he fucked all the dog girl slaves he rescued and at the tower he fucked a bunch of original monster girls. I don't think honour comes into it, he's not 'cheating' as his partners all know that he puts it about and they seem to be okay with it. I think they'd be more worried because he seems to want to collect all his sexual partners and send them all back home to wait for him.

BluDraygnBluDraygnover 3 years agoAuthor

@SpeedySP I think WretchedMonkey did as good of a job explaining that as I could have. The only things I will add is that his experience with the merchant's daughter outside Lantaris was his first "Sex for the sake of sex." Shakri was at the request of Ria and while he certainly enjoyed himself with the cow-girls it started out as just a desire to thank the one woman for carting him around all day. When the woman in the booth said he would be doing the girls inside a favor by taking care of their needs, it became more about helping out the cow-girls than about him getting his rocks off.

Lastly, I think it's important to consider how his interaction with Rowan changed him. The Mana Golem's spear was never seen as a huge threat to his life despite the nastiness of the wound. Getting attacked by Ikuno was a complete surprise and he woke up whole and nearly healed. But Rowan was slower and he had the chance to really think about what was important in his life as it happened. After his rescue, it brought to light all of the opportunities he missed, both with his lovers and with other women he had come across in his travels, which is why he took the merchant's daughter up on her offer.

Dreamdog519Dreamdog519over 2 years ago

Excellent series a little too much anal sex for my tastes but I just skip over what is not for me. The story is otherwise excellent!

Ravey19Ravey19over 2 years ago

Not questioning but that was a real turnout for the books re Kashka.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userBluDraygn@BluDraygn
Lord of the Glass Desert - Chapter 40 has been submitted! Chapter 40 was flagged as AI Generated and sent back. I've recently begun using Chat GPT to help with grammar and punctuation. I do not let it add or make changes to my story aside from these two things, Admittedly, it...