All Comments on 'TRC - Lord of the Glass Desert Ch. 17'

by BluDraygn

Sort by:
  • 10 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Amazing chapter, every monster girl is very unique, and perfectly fleshed out. I like your take on the spider girl, with more than just a torso.

BluDraygnBluDraygnover 2 years agoAuthor

@anon

Back when I started writing TRC, combating the relative blandness of Kenkou Cross's Monster Girl Encyclopedia, as well as their pitifully generic backstory, was one of the (albeit minor) driving forces behind continuing this series. As I looked up references for Aradelle, I was struck by how little variety there was for these plant-type monster girls when you have all of these flowers with some fantastically stunning displays.

In relation to Anika specifically, not all spiders are black widows, so why should the same not be true for arachnes? Tarantulas are built very very different from the black widow or orb weavers we are most used to. They don't hunt the same, they don't mate the same, they don't use their web the same, and they have different defenses for dealing with predators, all of which I took into account when designing her.

As far as the "only torso," thing... To be honest, in my research I kept seeing the large upper portions of tarantula's fangs and going "those have roughly the same shape as thighs. How could I use that?" Personally, I like my version of the arachne better. Imo she feels a little more 'real,' But then, I'm a little biased. :D

skippersdadskippersdadover 2 years ago

Another good chapter, thank you, I thought that Kal would get the monkey Girls to help.I still love your stories.

Covert43Covert43over 2 years ago

BluDragyn Iโ€™m really hoping that Anika joins Kal on his journey and becomes one of his women, she just seems like such a unique and interesting character to have around and her character is just adorable, 10/10 canโ€™t wait for the next part.

Ravey19Ravey19over 2 years ago

Love this series. Look forward to the next instalment in Kal's journey.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Are you not posting here anymore?

anubeloreanubeloreabout 2 years ago

Any plans to update the chapters here or at STO? I mean I checked and you're on like chapter 23 over on Patreon now, which is definitely more than a chapter ahead, lol. BTW, do you offer formats other than PDF for patrons? Because if-so I might just join, rather than wondering if you'll update. I hate PDFs with a passion, though. Like...haaaate. Html, okay. Epub, okay. PDF? No thank you.

BluDraygnBluDraygnabout 2 years agoAuthor

I'm actually in the process of posting Ch 18 as I write this. As for STO, I won't say out of respect for the people here at Lit. (plus if I do then this comment might not get posted)

I post chapters in .epub .az3(Kindle) .html. and .pdf formats so you can pick which one you want.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I thought my arachnophobia would prevent me from enjoying a scene with a spider type, but you have proved me wrong. So compelling, and I just love Anita. Very well done sir.

Rhino77PIlotRhino77PIlot3 months ago

More and more delightful with each page.... ๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿ‘

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userBluDraygn@BluDraygn
Lord of the Glass Desert - Chapter 40 has been submitted! Chapter 40 was flagged as AI Generated and sent back. I've recently begun using Chat GPT to help with grammar and punctuation. I do not let it add or make changes to my story aside from these two things, Admittedly, it...