TRC - Lord of the Glass Desert Ch. 36

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The thing, the outside presence, was new to her. Even without her memories, she could tell this differed from her past experiences in The Torpor. The presence came closer to her, then moved far away and stayed there for a time. This made her sad, though she didn't know why. When it began coming closer once more, this time, it didn't stop. She knew its thoughts often meandered in her direction and that it was coming for her but felt no fear of its approach. She often struggled to snag a wisp of a memory that would explain this presence and why she wanted it to hurry and arrive, but every time it slipped away.

When the presence had nearly reached her, she was almost ready to leave The Gray Lands and return to the physical world. It was then she felt another being searching for her. Like the presence, there was something familiar about the being, and there was also a sameness between the two. But where she welcomed the first, Ikuno instinctively shied away from this new being.

But her time was quickly approaching. Spirits like her were bound to physical things like her shrine and could not remain in the spirit realm once they were whole again or risk losing themselves to the ebb and flow of the realm's energies. Her shrine gave her structure as well as purpose and grounded her in the physical world. Though she knew this new being wished harm or even death upon her, Ikuno had to go back.

The first presence was very close now. It felt like he was right next to her. He... she knew it was a he as she felt the pull from her shrine. The energies she collected in The Torpor swept her from the spirit realm to the physical world. There they coalesced, giving her shape and form as well as a house for the memories which had frustrated her for so long.

Newly created legs gave out, and her knees hit the stone walkway beneath her. She collapsed to the ground as thunderous crashes filled the air around her. Trembling hands helped Ikuno to her knees, and she looked up to see a human mage holding a barrier over her and the small group of humans surrounding her.

'Kal,' she said to herself as the memories flooded back into her head. This was the presence she had felt for the past two years. Her lover and the man she had given herself to now stood over her, defending her as powerful blows rained down upon the astral and physical shield he held above her.

The being attacking her was Azrin, a former lover driven insane by the need to avenge the sister Ikuno killed. As her body came into being, she had felt a seeking spell latch onto her, then Azrin's presence for a brief flash before Kal erected the barrier around them. Azrin had hoped to kill her within her first few seconds of returning, before she regained the ability to defend herself.

But Kal had stopped him, though the rain of impossibly strong attacks was taking its toll. She could feel the barrier draining his mana quickly, and each blow on the shield took out large chunks of the mage's mana pool to repair it before the next attack.

There was a pause between attacks before a final heavier one that made the mage cry out and clutch his arm in pain, but he refused to let the barrier fall. Ikuno pushed herself to her feet and reached up, forming a healing spell in front of her hand which she used to mend Kal's arm.

When he turned to look at her, his face lit up with pure joy.

---

"Do you see?" Ikuno asked. "For two long years in The Gray Lands, you were the only thing I could sense or feel. Then when I came back, there you were, defending me from Azrin in my weakest moment. I'm strong, Kal, physically, mentally, and magically. I've always saved others, not the other way around. Some of those I saved from death adored me and even pledged their short lives to my service. Now I understand why. I would give my life to you all over again if I hadn't already because I know you will love and cherish me with all your heart, but now I have seen you will protect me with all your power."

Kal chuckled, then kissed her lightly on the lips. "You are having this wonderous epiphany while nothing has changed for me. I've always loved you like this. It's just this time I had the power to protect you instead of the other way around."

"I know, but knowing it in your head and seeing it happen when you are vulnerable and weak are two very different things. Let's hurry. I need you to make love to me."

The mage smiled as he began tracing the ward. "I'll admit, there is a teeny-tiny part of me that doesn't want to."

"Excuse me?!"

"I know that once we make love, your ability to absorb magic will increase, and that will make you start growing bigger. I'll admit I'm kind of liking you this size."

Ikuno raised an eyebrow, then grinned. "Then I must also admit that I like looking up at you instead of down. But being this small feels... wrong. If you like it, we can look for magic to let me change back and forth. Assuming we do find such a spell, I expect I will not be the only one using it," she said, tracing the outline of his cock with a clawed finger.

"Imagine if we both used it," he said, holding the ward over his head and activating it.

"I don't think you would fit. But that wouldn't stop me from trying." She spun around and lifted the back of her robe while leaning forward. "Especially if you put it in here," she said, pulling an asscheek to the side and showing him her slightly darker blue rosebud.

"I'm glad some things don't change," he chuckled.

---

Kuto awoke to an empty bed and the sound of sobbing. Her talons caught and tore at the bedsheets as she scrambled to get out. Bursting through the bedroom door, she found Perra crying in the dim light cast by the iron stove.

"What happened?" the harpy asked, squatting beside her human lover and wrapping the woman in her wings. "Did you have a nightmare?"

Perra shook her head and smiled up at Kuto before saying, "She's back."

---

With Sayaka and a good portion of the surrounding area hidden from Azrin and the astral plane in general, it was time to return to the shrine.

Kal landed in the woods on the short path leading up to the gates. "Before we go in, someone else needs to see you," he said before calling softly, "Ria."

The avatar appeared next to her bag, then flitted up and did her customary look around to take stock of the situation before her eyes came to rest on Ikuno. The side of her mouth twisted in a half grimace, "Aren't you a little short for an oni?"

Ikuno blinked. "What?" Kal burst out in laughter at the confused expression on Ikuno's face.

"I said, aren't you a little short for a st-- an oni?" As she spoke, motes of light streamed out of her bag and joined the avatar's body. Ikuno's eyes widened as the sprite grew larger and more opaque, not to mention the lusty look on Ria's face. The avatar draped her arms over Ikuno's shoulders. "Do you know how many times I sat in the corner playing with myself while you and Kal made love? I'm not going to sit in the corner anymore," she said, brushing her lips across the oni's.

Kal waited for a saucy comment from Ikuno, but she still seemed too surprised by Ria's body. The oni recovered enough to return the sprite's kiss before holding Ria away from her and taking in the avatar's body. The oni looked between Ria and Kal before asking, "How? I've never seen or even heard of something like this happening."

"I was caught by a will-o'-wisp," Kal said, his voice quiet. "Ria saved me by absorbing the will-o-wisp into her body and then returning the life it had stolen from me."

"Not exactly the circumstances I was hoping for the first time we fucked," Ria added, floating out of Ikuno's grasp. "But the will-o-wisp gave me this body and the ability to feel emotions. Which means now I'm one of Kal's women," she said with a sensual sway of her hips. "But it sucks that I'll never be able to form a bond with him like you and the others."

"You survived a will-o-wisp?" Ikuno asked, shocked.

Kal nodded. "If she and Sera had come a few seconds later, I wouldn't be here. Sera is cold-blooded and nearly died from the cold trying to save me."

"Kal, I've been alive for centuries and only heard of a handful of people surviving a will-o'-wisp attack. Those that did usually wasted away within weeks, so I'm not even sure you could call them survivors."

"That makes sense. I would have died if Sera and Ria had just killed the will-o'-wisp. Only by giving me my stolen lifeforce did Ria save me."

"Yeah, and I wouldn't have known to do that without your friend."

"What friend? This Sera you mentioned?" Ikuno asked.

"No, Sera was trying not to freeze to death. A victim of the will-o'-wisp walked around a tree and ran face-first into it. The person's consciousness somehow lived on inside the creature. She used a part of the will-o'-wisp's power to make its victim's passing easier and escaped when Ria attacked it. She came back to tell Ria how to save me. If what she said is true, she's wandering around the swamp finding men and women, letting them live out their wildest fantasies in a very realistic dream and taking just a sip of their lifeforce in return. I think you'll like her."

"She's your friend? You have a will-o'-wisp for a friend?"

"Well... when it first caught me, I thought she was my wife, but after I saw through her glamour, we talked, and yes, I feel like I can consider her a friend."

"I think that's fair," said Ria. "She did show me how to save you."

"You've been busy while I was gone," Ikuno chuckled.

"Wait until you hear how Daxas showed him he was being a pissy little bitch or how--"

"Pissy little bitch?!" said Kal, glaring at the sprite. He immediately went from indignant to looking contrite. "Actually, that's not far off the mark. I was being a pissy little bitch back then."

"This sounds like an interesting story," said Ikuno. "But I would rather hear about it later," she said, untying her robe and letting it hang open.

Ria rounded on the mage, "Kal, have you not fucked her yet?"

"We were getting to that. Azrin attacked the moment she appeared, and we have been putting up wards around the town to prevent another attack, though I still doubt he has enough power left to try. When we returned to the shrine, I thought you might be mad if I waited to let you say hello."

"I would have been fine, Kal," said the sprite, shrinking as motes of light flowed off her body and back into her bag. "Go take care of your woman. After two years, I'm sure she needs you." The sprite blew a kiss at Ikuno before fading from sight.

Ikuno grabbed his hand and started pulling Kal toward the shrine's gates. "She's right. I do need you."

The guards at the gate did their best not to stare at Ikuno's exposed body as they passed but failed comically. The caretaker and his wife stood inside on either side of the main path, bowing as Ikuno and Kal entered.

"Great Ikuno, we are here to assist you in any way you need," the man said as they approached.

"I don't need--" The oni slowed momentarily as an idea came to her. "Bring some minstrels. I would like some music to help set the mood. Something soft and slow but not melancholy."

"Yes, Great Ikuno," he replied hastily before running toward his dwelling.

"My husband plays the shamisen, but a guest from the mainland taught him to play the lute, and now he shows off his skills whenever he can," the wife giggled, following Kai and Ikuno. "Would you like any assistance preparing, Great Ikuno?"

"Thank you, but no," She glanced back at Kal, "Azumbahan noblewomen could spend hours preparing for a night of intimacy with their husbands. It sounds like that tradition has not died." Turning back to the caretaker's wife, she said, "Kal finds me most beautiful when wearing nothing but my skin, and quite honestly, I'm in no mood to wait."

The wife grinned at Kal. "A man after my husband's heart," she said, then blushed bright red before dropping behind.

Chihiro stood on the porch encircling the shrine's building and pulled the door open as Kal and Ikuno ascended the steps. The oni stopped.

"By coming with me, you understand that you will intimately serve me, Kal, and any other lovers I may take?" Ikuno asked her.

"I have little experience, Great Ikuno, but I shall happily serve you any way you desire."

Ikuno sniffed the air and grinned. "I believe you will. Close the door and join us in the living quarters," she said before continuing on with Kal in tow.

"You told the other woman you didn't need to prepare," said Kal as they walked around the pile of rocks sticking up through the floor. Ikuno reached out and brushed her fingers across the top rock as they passed.

"I don't," she replied a moment later. "The woman caretaker asked if I needed help putting on clothes and makeup. Chihiro will be joining us in bed."

"If anyone were to join us, I'd rather it be Kashka."

"I know, but we will be traveling together for some time to come and have plenty of time together. The same cannot be said for Chihiro." She explained, sliding open the door on the other side of the stones to reveal a functional, if not lavish, living area. There was no kitchen or even a cookpot. A round column of bricks protruded through the middle of the floor containing the charred remains of a fire. Around it were large pillows for seating, making it a large conversation area. The area to the right of the fire was walled off and contained an oversized bath and toilet. Taking up the entire left side of the room was a soft bed large enough for Ikuno at her normal size and her five champions from the tournament to sleep comfortably. Ikuno let go of Kal's hand and walked over to the bed. The intensity of her expression relayed her need as she said, "Make love to me, Kal," and let her robe fall to the floor.

"Ria, store my clothes," he said as he stepped toward her, catching the sprite's bag and tossing it on the bed when his clothes vanished.

"You've changed so much," Ikuno whispered, running her fingers down his chest as he stood before her.

Kal looked down and smiled. "I'll admit I haven't been doing my morning exercises nearly as much as I should be, but I didn't think I changed that much."

"It's not your body, though you are just a tiny bit softer than I remember," she replied, the dulling spell forming over her claws as her fingers continued over his stomach. "It's your face and your eyes. When I died, you were still a boy trying to figure out how to be a man and a mage. You've grown older than the two years I've been gone. You've become a powerful mage and surrounded yourself with equally powerful people. There's a confidence in your eyes that wasn't there before. While I was gone, you became the man you were trying to be back then."

"Two years of adventuring didn't give me the option to stay a boy, though I think Kashka might occasionally disagree with me. I may have grown a few years older and wiser, but that doesn't mean I'm incapable of being a bonehead," he chuckled. "Do you like the new me?"

"I'm sad I wasn't there to watch you become the man you are now. But I like what I've seen so far," she said as her hand curled around his cock and lightly stroked it. Kal wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her close, making the oni gasp before his lips covered hers

It felt so strange yet so familiar as their tongues danced. Her hand moved just as he remembered, and her tongue wrestling with his triggered so many wonderful memories he had to fight back tears. But Ikuno was so small now, and it felt odd to be holding her this way. He noticed a change in her scent as he kissed along the side of her neck. She no longer had the subtle mustiness of her cave near Telsin but now smelled like rain after a thunderstorm.

Ikuno sank to her knees. Her hard nipples slid down his stomach and thighs while her eyes never left his. "I want you inside me, so I wasn't going to do this. But I'll start growing quickly once we make love, and I want to enjoy the same view as Perra and the others." Kal ran his fingers through the oni's hair as she leaned forward and kissed the tip of his cock, then lightly sucked on the head while her tongue teased the tip. Pulling back, she grinned. "You're huge compared to my memories. I may need to enjoy this a little longer."

The oni took him a little about halfway before bumping into the back of her mouth. With her eyes still locked on his, she pushed forward. Kal felt her throat open as she swallowed his cock with aching slowness until her nose brushed his pubic hair. He felt dual pinpricks from her fangs at the base of his cock as her jaw relaxed slightly. Beside them, Chihiro gasped with disbelief as Ikuno took him to the root. The oni's tongue swirled around the base and underside for nearly a minute before she withdrew with the same frustrating slowness.

"I'll continue that after I've had you inside me. I want our first time in two years to be without the help of magic."

"I agree," said Kal, but then gripped her by the horn and guided her mouth to his cock again. "But I want to burn this image into my memories." Ikuno hummed in agreement and gazed up at him as he watched his shaft disappear and reappear from the oni's mouth over the next few minutes until he let go of her horn. Ikuno took her time pulling off his prick, ensuring that her tongue showered attention on all the skin it could reach.

As her lips slipped off the tip, Kal shoved her backwards, and Ikuno fell, giggling, onto the bed. "Your turn," he said, kneeling at her feet and then leaning over.

Ikuno's legs came together, preventing his mouth from reaching her sex. "I want you inside me."

"And I want to be inside of you," he said, pulling her knees apart, pushing them up and back to lift her bottom off the bed. But I also want to taste you, and while you may like eating my seed from Aradelle's or Gerda's pussy. I'm less than excited about the idea." Bending the oni nearly double gave him easy access to her pucker and sex. Previously, her lips and pucker were slightly darker blue than the surrounding skin but were now the same light blue as everywhere else. Her opening seemed far smaller than he expected, but she had a new body that may need adjustment. Kal silenced the protest on her lips by running his tongue over her lower lips and teasing her entrance before moving up to gently suck on her clit.

"Fine," Ikuno moaned, her breath deepening as she reached out and grabbed her feet. But I don't want to come until you are inside me. And no fingers or tongue. I want your cock first. "

"No promises. You taste the best right after you climax."

"Kallll..." she pleaded.

"I'm just joking," he chuckled. "We both want the same thing," Kal chuckled before attacking her clit with his lips and tongue. The next few minutes were filled with the oni's soft moans getting louder and louder as Kal continued feasting upon her sex.

Between moans, soft music from the caretaker's lute filled the room. The music made Ikuno smile but also distracted her enough to sniff the air. She looked over at Chihiro. "Take your clothes off and play with yourself until we call upon you," she said, her voice gentle but firm

The woman blushed bright red, "But--"

"You are here to help, not suffer in frustration, and both Kal and I will enjoy watching you."

"You're so beautiful, Great Ikuno. How could he ever want to look at another woman after beholding you? I do not even compare," said the woman.

Kal and Ikuno looked at each other and laughed quietly. "Chihiro, you must not know men very well," said the oni. "Men love to look. Even if they have the most beautiful wife in the world, they still love to look at other women. And even if they would never touch another woman, they enjoy watching a woman dance or pleasuring themselves."

"Maybe not all men, but I do," said Kal before dragging his tongue down Ikuno's sex and gliding it over her pucker. Ikuno twitched from the initial contact before moaning even louder and relaxing into his tongue as it teased her back entrance.