All Comments on 'TRC - Searching for the Sky Ch. 04'

by BluDraygn

Sort by:
  • 12 Comments
ArcTalyxArcTalyxalmost 5 years ago

This series is such an enjoyable read. That said, this chapter felt a little flat compared to your norm. The rescue went smoothly, the girls were well behaved, no real twists to be enjoyed, it just kinda plodded on as expected. Then we get to the end, and Kal’s “Oh, fuck.” had me rolling with laughter. I’m definitely looking forward to the next chapter. Even when your writing isn’t what I would consider your best, it is still a good read. Please keep writing!

BluDraygnBluDraygnalmost 5 years agoAuthor
@ ArcTalyx Ikr

The Guards didn't see them, Nobody noticed what Dax was out in the streets. The warehouse roof didn't cave in. Stinky man fell for it. Sylus was out before he could raise the alarm. Jakis was all "Fuck this shit, I'm out." None of the girls went psycho and tried to rip out Jakis's throat, were suffering from Stockholm syndrome or tried to challenge Daxas for dominance. The Illusion wasn't even necessary. Nobody woke up to go take a piss. None of the girls fell in the water. Nobody dropped their mask in the water. None of Ria's 'errors' manifested in some disastrous way. Both of the boats held together and there were no rapids or waterfall for them to go over.

Every one of these things was taken into consideration as a way to throw a wrench in the gears. Tbh I didn't want any wrenches, we all expect the wrenches because theres always a fraying rope, a precariously balance piece of metal, a guard who unexpectedly breaks routine to take a piss or some other Deus Ex Machina plot point. Kal and Dax planned for as many eventualities as they could and things went off fairly well. Dare i say... unexpectedly well. XD

FYI: the Illusion was in case any of the henchmen woke up, it gave Kal time to get into position so he could hit them with the dust and sleeping spell as soon as they walked through it.

Jedi_KhanJedi_Khanalmost 5 years ago
Well planned...

In regards to Kal and Dax planning out that rescue so well, it appears that he missed something: what happens afterwards. He was expecting to have to satisfy a few of the girls, but not all of them. So yeah, for anyone expecting Murphy's Law to have kicked in, there it was. That and the fellow who met them downstream.

Good story so far. Hoping to see what comes next for Kal and Co.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

Kal... RUN!

jpz007ahrenjpz007ahrenover 4 years ago
The Leader

Yeah. This world could definitely use a few more lighter shades of grey. Weird to think of the head of the thieves/assassins guild as being that, but its what have you. Nothing wrong with prostitution in and of itself, its abuse that is foul.

Three months to prepare for a fight. Or if he's too optimistic that long to try and run and cover his tracks... This doesn't seem like something he can afford to leave *dogging* him... Sorry for the pun.

Also, poor Kal. Better have some powder ready.

Gregorius_LightmouthGregorius_Lightmouthover 4 years ago

Great chapter!

I love it when cool characters like the leader of the thieves appear in a small capacity, making me wish that they had a book of they their own.

MikeDDMikeDDalmost 3 years ago

Love Runesmith Chronicles and don’t want it to end! I like storied where the good guys mostly win 99% of the time hahaha. Only issue I really have with this chapter was early on when Kal said he didn’t know the spell to unlock doors….I specifically remember it being one of the first ones Ikuno made him learn back in book one in case he were ever manacled or something. It stuck out at me in this chapter because I remember he initially had an issue with it because it felt like something only a thief would need to know. Not a big issue, but just kind of stuck in my head him saying he didn’t know a spell that he had learned.

Ravey19Ravey19over 2 years ago

Maybe not enough drama in the rescue but I thought there might be more involving the thieves guild. Never mind, a great read.

anubeloreanubeloreover 2 years ago

Ikuno insisted that Kal learn the/an unlocking spell! Why did he say he didn't know it? (He didn't think it was necessary, since he wasn't a thief, but then she talked about being locked in irons/handcuff equivalents, and he realized she was right)

Oversight, or is the spell for doors somehow different from the one for chains, despite Ikuno's indicating otherwise?

JacktacularJacktacularalmost 2 years ago

Locks and beam braced dead bolts are tow different things

DruggoDruggoover 1 year ago

That's one hell of a jail break

Not to mention that last oh fuck as he set them all free.

Another great chapter

Thanks

Rhino77PIlotRhino77PIlot5 months ago

...and the scene devolved into as mass of rumps and elbows as the elbonian cluster-fuck began. 🤣

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userBluDraygn@BluDraygn
Lord of the Glass Desert - Chapter 40 has been submitted! Chapter 40 was flagged as AI Generated and sent back. I've recently begun using Chat GPT to help with grammar and punctuation. I do not let it add or make changes to my story aside from these two things, Admittedly, it...