All Comments on 'TRC - Searching for the Sky Ch. 10'

by BluDraygn

Sort by:
  • 10 Comments
Jedi_KhanJedi_Khanover 4 years ago
Well now...

That's quite the pickle Kal is in. Hopefully his enchanted manhood can save the day.

Also, where did he see that flight rune before? He seems to think it was that sparring session with Ikuno when his eyes first started to glow. But Ikuno wasn't using such an advanced rune at the time, was she? As Kal surmised, surely she would have shared it with him if she had it. My guess it had to be some ethereal or trick of his magic eyes that allowed him to see the rune. Perhaps the ghost of Prentas is watching Kal's back and decided to flash the rune as a sort of gift? Can Kal see ghosts?

Finally, good on you for getting a second editor. I didn't spot any typos that stood out to me this time. Kudos to the new guy!

jpz007ahrenjpz007ahrenover 4 years ago
Amazing

Sooo exciting! Finally, a confrontation with a monster girl. Its been a while since he started off on the wrong foot. Not since the Ferrous Brachyura if I recall correctly. Every other meeting he's planned something out or stuff just happened and he's winged it. Hope that if Medusa is wanting a baby she'll give him the chance to give it to her properly, like he did for Silma.

As a side note, I'm kind of still hoping he eventually gets them in his catch-all city of the grand future. Because that would be epic.

BluDraygnBluDraygnover 4 years agoAuthor
You could be reading the next chapter... Just sayin' :D

@Jedi_Kahn

Enchanted manhood is a wonderful thing but occasionally the only remedy is time.

Much as I want to answer some of those things, if i did there would be major spoilers.

Ghosts? Hyped up on Magic, yes. Normal, no or he would have already been able to see them.

Can't disagree, the man is good.

Jedi_KhanJedi_Khanover 4 years ago
Re: Blu

True, I could be reading the next chapter. You're on a short list for authors I would like to gain early chapter access to, but that will have to wait till IRL stuff is resolved on my end.

Don't worry about answering all my questions outside the story. I wouldn't want you to spoil anything either.

One series of questions that you probably can answer is this: if the church despises mages so much, why do they use magic themselves? Is their magic any different from what Kal or other mages use? What is their stance on magic in general? Do they just hate magic users who haven't pledged themselves to the church? If so, does that mean they'd be fine with Kal if he just played by their rules (not that he ever will)? These questions could just as easily serve as the foundation for a talk between Perra and Elta, if they haven't been answered already and I just forgot.

Another matter, not needing an answer outside the story: It seems this "goddess" woman has plans for Kal. I have to wonder, how would the church react to this "divine" revelation? How would Ikuno react if she and the "goddess" were to meet, and the goddess' plans made known? What are her plans anyways? Seems like she potentially wants him to be an envoy of sorts, but what does that even mean? Given that she used to be a fertility goddess, that could just be her way of saying she needs some relief and possibly a few kids of her own, in which case I imagine Ikuno would be okay with that. But if Ms. Goddess wants Kal to be an envoy of her will to the people, i.e. her prophet or some such, then Ikuno probably wouldn't be too pleased with that.

BluDraygnBluDraygnover 4 years agoAuthor
@Jedi_Kahn

XD I know just picking on you a bit since I see your name so much over at... you know (the mods here don't like it when i use the >.> <.< 'P' word)

Magic fundamentally is the same between the two in how it acts. The primary difference is the source. Elta doesn't have the same magic reserve Kal does, yet she healed Perra's finger without using a crystal. Clerics and Paladins receive their power directly from their deity. (You probably already know this but Perra used Elta's ability to use magic as proof the Goddess hadn't rejected the cleric while she proceeds through this epiphany/change of heart.) A mage has to use crystals that recharge naturally. The trade off is Clerics are restricted in what spells are allowed and that list is fairly small though some are quite powerful.

Mages are not beholden to any deity and can learn and cast any spell that isn't Deity or class specific (Such as Elta's 'Commune' spell).

A goddess of fertility having a male as an envoy? I think you might be looking in the wrong direction :)

realusmctazmanrealusmctazmanover 4 years ago
Awesome, Thanks!

Another great chapter. Excellent imagery and character growth and a couple of hanger to keep us jonesing for the next chapter.

anubeloreanubeloreover 2 years ago

Can't say it's unexpected, but... ouch.

I'm glad Elta is getting an opportunity to get her head straight. Guessing she'll be the envoy the goddess mentioned, based one your reply to Jedi_Kahn indicating it won't be Kal. (Which made sense after I read your comment and thought about it a bit)

DruggoDruggoover 1 year ago

No way.

Let's get us some of her

Way to go

Rhino77PIlotRhino77PIlot5 months ago

👍 👍 (...in the words of Siskel and Ebert.)

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userBluDraygn@BluDraygn
New story submitted! Beyond Worlds: Mis-taken Hero Ch 01 TRC Ch 43 will be coming right after this one, and posting these two together is part of the reason I only submitted the one chapter last month. Also, a new The Witch's Offering chapter is up on Patreon, as is the sta...