All Comments on 'TRC - Searching for the Sky Ch. 22'

by BluDraygn

Sort by:
  • 18 Comments
Jedi_KhanJedi_Khanabout 4 years ago
Ants?

I'm not sure I want to imagine what a colony of ants is like that can take out a entire cavalry company. Too bad the team doesn't have any bug spray. Fire should do. Lots and lots of fire.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Wish

Man, I miss when these used to be a dozen pages. Something I could really sink my teeth into.

kyotie913kyotie913about 4 years ago
Best wishes to Everyone

I agree with your opening statement even though I believe in the supreme power. Your story gives us a break from the stress of what is happening in the world. Keep up a great story and best wishes to everyone. Please don't make Kal have to screw the Queen ant that going a little to far.

SuggestionSuggestionabout 4 years ago
Well Done

Well crafted. Well written. Well edited. A superb display and worth the wait. This chapter brings to mind some authors of best-sellers. Bravo!

jpz007ahrenjpz007ahrenabout 4 years ago
Got distracted

Wondered and searched over the last couple of chapters if there was a death curse sort of thing, and while there definitely still might be, it looks to be more along the lines of power of pardon. The thief got setup by the city's guild to be caught and the fighter had some noble throw some political weight at her after she refused his 'advances' with a knife. ^.^

Don't know why that quick exchange of words sent me off on such a journey, but it snagged my attention for sure. Anyways, thank you for the lovely chapter and I hope you and yours are well.

BluDraygnBluDraygnabout 4 years agoAuthor

@Anon

I'm thinking you have me mixed up with Tefler. My chapters run around 10k words each or around 20 pages in MS Word. I don't think I've ever hit 12 pages on Lit, either in the old format or the new. I will say that this chapter is shorter than normal because I pulled off the last couple of pages and put them on the front of the next chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Great chapter

Very good chapter. Loved reading about a new team and its dynamics. Otherwise this was getting a little too much Kal-centered. Falma is HOT. Can't wait to read about what happens in the giant ant hole.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Wow!

You do love a cliff hanger don't you? Well done. I look forward to the up coming chapters!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Excellent work, thank you for the entertainment

Gripping writing, a fascinating world, compelling characters, a sensible sprinkling of romance and sex - you're currently one of my favourite authors (here and even in general).

I'm waiting on the next chapter with all the patience of a half-starved alarune that knows a handsome young man is going to be walking down a nearby trail sometime soon, but not exactly when.

TealguyTealguyabout 4 years ago
Damn cliffhangers! 😐

Nothing worse than a cliffhanger without a follow up, so please do keep the chapters coming! 😁

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
@anon

It's call the RUNESMITH Chronicles. Of course it's going to get heavily Kal- centered at times. It's his freaking story. And an awesome story at that. Keep going Blu

BluDraygnBluDraygnabout 4 years agoAuthor

@jpz007ahren

Remember when Kal had to release Rone from his oath for fear that if the man ever did tell someone about Ikuno he would suddenly drop dead?

Same mechanic here except the oath is forced upon them in return for servitude and exile/freedom.

With luck, next chapter will be out Friday.

GeminijinnGeminijinnalmost 4 years ago
Your opening page

For myself, and all of your friends and readers, Thank You very much for your sentiments at the beginning of this chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Ants? Really?

Great setup. FIGHT!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
I don't get the comments/sentiments of the thief and fighter...

thinking if the cleric dies, they die. I didn't get that from their explanations of why they were on this foray.

The thief said it was sign on, or lose his hands. The fighter said it was sign on, or face charges for stabbing the abusive noble. I don't recall either saying they were signed to a compact where their life was forfeit if the cleric dies.

Sounds like a plot hole was missed in editing.

Which brings up the editing. One of the previous comments commended the editing. The editing gets a B, at best. There are 'messy' sentences, and missing words through out the work.

'Messy sentences' are repetitive prepositional phrases, run on sentences, etc. what many amateur editors don't understand is one purpose of editing is to minimize words. Originally, because of primarily print medium, it was more cost effective, but it is also dictated by efficient communication being the primary purpose of the written word.

Concise writing, without unnecessary words IS good communication. The message, tempo, and enviroment intended by the author can still be imparted to the reader after unnecessary conjuctions, prepositions, and repetitive phrases are removed.

I'm not saying this isn't a great story. As I commented at the end of book one, this is good as ANY published sci fi/fantasy I have read in the 50+ years I've been voraciously consuming the genre. It just isn't ready for 'prime time'. It just needs a pro to spit polish it and it would be a manuscript ready for layout, and printing.

After writing and editing non-fiction for 30+ years, I don't want to see the bar lowered for what is quality editing.

GeoD

skippersdadskippersdadover 3 years ago

Ants, thinking of the old movie THEM.

Ravey19Ravey19over 2 years ago

It's still going strong

Rhino77PIlotRhino77PIlot5 months ago

Bugs! Brings back scenes from MIB. This could get stranger very quickly.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userBluDraygn@BluDraygn
New story submitted! Beyond Worlds: Mis-taken Hero Ch 01 TRC Ch 43 will be coming right after this one, and posting these two together is part of the reason I only submitted the one chapter last month. Also, a new The Witch's Offering chapter is up on Patreon, as is the sta...