All Comments on 'TRC - Searching for the Sky Ch. 29'

by BluDraygn

Sort by:
  • 13 Comments
jpz007ahrenjpz007ahrenalmost 4 years ago
WooHOO!

There are advantages and disadvantages to being a runesmith as opposed to more of a caster wizard. You may have less flexibility in a moment to moment situation, but with enough preparation you can more easily utilize the fewer tools at your disposal. So freaking epic. And though I'm jumping around a bit, that was a beautiful reaction to the pair of unique snake ladies. Yeah, even enraptured with a brilliant discovery and desiring to experience more magic.. that would give you pause. Also best to move slowly and non-threateningly, urging patience. Lol

Oh gawd… I hate doing this... but I'd like to make a request. A massage scene from Senshu. It wouldn't need to be on Kal specifically, but just the thought of multiple hands working in perfect synch, rubbing on your shoulders, back and scalp... I might sink into a slimeboy puddle just imagining it. If you don't have the inspiriation, its no biggie, just figured nothing ventured, nothing gained. ^.^

Man do I love Kal exceeding the expectations of people. Mostly just by being a decent and kind man. Its almost sort of sad that it has that much of an impact, but its still beautiful to watch it play out.

You wouldn't think that just Ikuno pushing him to consider rephrasing what fatherhood meant to him would still have echoing repercussions even this far out. But Kal put some Real thought into it, and came to a firm and resolute decision. From that foundation he can accept even the prizes he gets from here with no more than a quick discussion and setting proper expectations. His character changed so much back then, and it was a very important step that continues to allow him to grow his influence, even if he doesn't want it to get any larger. ^.^ The girls will make him accept being happy and fulfilled whether he likes it or not!

P.S. Serves Kithana right. You can't just be a tsundere and expect attention when everyone else is throwing themselves at the MC and being all nice to him. He appreciates you, for sure, but You've set yourself up to not have him look at you that way... yet. Besides, you're immortal, what's time or the attention of a 'baka' mortal to you? Hehehe.

Jedi_KhanJedi_Khanalmost 4 years ago
So...

Kal has his magic vision back, hm? A little curious about that. He lost it after the will-o-wisp encounter, so what brought it back? Was it the overflowing magic or something else? Odd how Kal didn't seem to react to regaining the vision.

As always, looking forward to more.

DarkmantimDarkmantimalmost 4 years ago

Another good chapter

BluDraygnBluDraygnalmost 4 years agoAuthor

@Jedi_Kahn

RIA gave Kal all of his life force that was left after absorbing the will o'wisp. She has been using the remainder if the will o' wisp's energy to fuel her emotions toward Kal and grow to human size. Albeit a small human.

Because of how the will o wisp feeds Kal didnt want any of its energy, only what originally belonged to him and was willing to let the rest rregenerate naturally

When Ria kissed him she replaced the life energy that he was still missing. Hello glowy blue eyes and the enhancements that come with.

Jedi_KhanJedi_Khanalmost 4 years ago
Re: BluDraygn

So Ria didn't give him everything that was originally his back then, did she? If she had, then he would've gotten the magic eyes back. Perhaps he didn't have maximum lifeforce before the will-o-wisp encounter? If that was the case, then the magic eyes are not tied to the amount of lifeforce he has because he still had the eyes before the encounter. Something isn't quite adding up. Could it be that the magic eyes are tied to something that wasn't his, hence why he didn't get them back when Ria gave him all of *his* lifeforce back? I wonder what that something could be. Perhaps Kithana could have some answers. Given her age and knowledge, she must know something about the ability to see magic, or at least have some ideas regarding it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Excellent work

Thanks for sharing this with us, and I am eagerly looking forward to the next chapters!

BluDraygnBluDraygnalmost 4 years agoAuthor

@Jedi_Kahn

I don't think this really constitutes as a spoiler at this point.

The Will o' Wisp feeds on lifeforce and converts it into its own body, but it doesn't happen instantly.

Ria gave back everything that had not been converted and still "Felt" like Kal's, hence the part that needed to regenerate first.

jpz007ahrenjpz007ahrenalmost 4 years ago
Re:Jedi_Khan

Iirc Ria did give back Kal all of the lifeforce that was uniquely his, but by the time she was able to revive him the Wisp had 'digested' a fair portion of it. At the time, he didn't want to chance adding strange lifeforce to his own in case his manaform was pure water, with the risk of adding oil into his tank souring his ability. ~But when you're going to explode, might as well max out on life force to try to get back to fighting form. My theory is that with Ria using the digested Wisp essence, she was able to reformat it to a more compatible type for him; in addition to him not requiring that much back to reach his cap. -And as Blu said, he apparently needs to be at full "life" to use his special move.

BluDraygnBluDraygnalmost 4 years agoAuthor

One of my readers just did a better job explaining a part of my story than I did.

I'm not sure how I feel about that

XD

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Blu

Why felt bad if reader can explain it better ?

Love it keep going.

? Take it as a compliment that you explained it well enough for them to build on the idea. That why authors use ubject matter experts in their book to add in the gaps in their own knowledge. Just use the new info in the editing.

anubeloreanubeloreover 2 years ago

Aw, Kithana, I'm sure part of him was very intrigued, but you played on his guilt, so it was hopeless.

Freaking awesome chapter.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userBluDraygn@BluDraygn
New story submitted! Beyond Worlds: Mis-taken Hero Ch 01 TRC Ch 43 will be coming right after this one, and posting these two together is part of the reason I only submitted the one chapter last month. Also, a new The Witch's Offering chapter is up on Patreon, as is the sta...