Treasure Ch. 61-65

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
partwolf
partwolf
2,308 Followers

Working together, they grabbed the unconscious men, carrying them through the damaged door and into the dark cave of a room. They set them down on the concrete floor until they filled the center of the room. Coral handed him the keys. "Head back into town, I've got it from here," she said.

"What are you going to do with them," he asked as he took them in his hand.

"Give them a choice," she said. "Now get out of here. I'll have Rori call you later."

She watched him drive away, and as soon as he was gone a figure stepped out of the trees down by the lake and walked up to him. "Hello, Ron," she said to the Banff Beta.

"I brought some stuff that might help," he said as he set the bag down and gave her a hug. "Come on, we need to secure them before they wake up." He unzipped the side pocket of the bag and they both put on gloves before he unzipped the main compartment and started pulling out the silver-lined shackles. They kept the feet close together and had a chain going up to the hand shackles, and they prevented the person from standing up straight. Then they tied additional chains to link the men together, the combination making escape impossible. The silver kept them from shifting and prevented a Pack Link from working. They would be as helpless as humans when they woke up.

It too fifteen minutes to change everything out. They set them with their backs against the wall and waited for them to wake up. "Everything going well back at the Pack House," she asked.

"Really well, all the Pack inductions are done, and the party should be over since the hunt started at sunset." Days were short in October this far north, and sundown was already upon them. Ron filled her in on everything that had happened while she was with the Brotherhood. She was truly happy for Rori stepping into the Alpha role, and finding out more about her parents and her early life.

They heard the first groan of the men starting to wake up and just ignored them until they tried to get up. Ron pulled a pistol from under his jacket, the nickel-plating glinting in the moonlight. "Ready to start?"

"Why not?" She started to record audio on her phone they would need for the trials. They walked through the door, facing the men who were now wide awake in the dark room. "You fucked up, boys. You attacked a human outside your territory who was under the protection of the Oxbow Pack."

"Where are we," Thomas said. "Release us immediately, we are here on Council business."

Coral just laughed. "We don't recognize the authority of that Council. To us, you're no better than rogues. Do you have any idea what this room is?" The men looked around in the dim light coming from the broken door; there wasn't much inside, just concrete and puddles of standing water.

"Let me tell you a story," Ron said. "Seventeen years ago, on this very spot, a Pack was getting ready to turn in for the night. With no warning, fifty warriors from the Bitterroot Pack tore into this compound, killing everything in their path. The Omegas, the pregnant women and the children all gathered here in the safe room."

"This is the Arrowhead Pack?" The warrior was looking around panicked, they could smell his fear.

"It is. If you watched the trial, you know what happened. Every person outside this room was slaughtered, while the people inside heard the screams and felt the bonds break. The women knew who Todd was and didn't open the door no matter what he threatened them with. They refused to let themselves or their children be taken captive by such an evil man." He looked at the ruined door. "They slit the throats of their own children before killing each other." The men looked around, and the smell of fear was strong. The spirits of the dead would still inhabit this place, and they would be angry.

"There were eighty-seven people in that Pack when the night started. By morning, eighty-six were dead." She walked to the far end. "When the Beta finally cut through the door lock, they found the floor covered in blood and a pile of bodies right here. Pregnant women, children, babies, all dead." Some of the men were starting to cry, it was a horrible thing to contemplate. "And the man you take orders from was complicit in it. The Council covered it up, making a deal with Alpha Todd to profit from the extinction of an innocent Pack."

"YOU LIE," Thomas said. "Alpha Forrest would NEVER be part of something like this, he has honor!" He struggled against the chains, his loyalty to him demanding it.

"Just listen," he said. Taking out his phone, he played the audio file he had recorded days earlier after Coral's trial. They watched the expressions change on the men, from anger to disgust to resignation. "Councilman Forrest, Waterman and Gruber have been in it for themselves for decades. They didn't do a real investigation so Alpha Todd's involvement would not come out. When Todd failed to capture Rori and his men were caught, they knew people would ask uncomfortable questions about that day if they didn't step in. They tried and executed them before they could confess of the Council's involvement."

Coral looked at them with disgust. "They were willing to kill Rori's fated mate and force her to breed with Daniel, the Donner Pack Alpha, so the Forrests could get their brood mare and the other two could receive a big payout. They auctioned her like she was a prize heifer."

"Fuck me," Thomas said. His head hurt, they were all in shock now.

"He sent you here for nothing more than greed," Coral said. "They are desperate to keep Rori from claiming her land and her Pack, because if she doesn't claim it, they get it all. Tens of millions of dollars." She knelt down next to Thomas, a silver knife in her hand. "You men are expendable to him, and since you failed in your task, I wouldn't expect a rescue. You might live if you cooperate, though. What were your orders?"

Thomas was broken, everything he had built his life around was now gone. "We were to go to the lawyer's office, force him to get the original paperwork for the Arrowhead estate, then bring it to him," he said.

"What then?"

"I don't know. I was supposed to call him when I had it done."

"Just so you know, Mr. Ralph Emerson, Esquire, is currently transferring the estate to Rori at the Oxbow Lake Pack House. Alpha Forrest has lost; he doesn't have Rori, she's mated to Chase, and now she will have the land and the inheritance. You can bet that if anything happens to her now, the Council won't stand to inherit a penny." She watched the men shiver, they knew they were loose ends now. "The Council is on borrowed time, they just don't know it."

Thomas swallowed hard, this was a tough pill to swallow. "This was my fault, these men acted on my orders. Punish me as you will, but let them go home to their mates, they were just doing their jobs as they were told."

Coral took the knife, placing it under his chin. It sizzled as it made contact with his skin. She used it to force his head up, so it was looking at her eyes, which were stirring with her Beta dominance. "I don't want your head, Thomas. You are obedient and loyal, but you have been used just like the others. Cooperate and you will live, you have my word and the word of my Alpha."

"What do you need?"

"First off, no one is to break their Pack bond, or we'll kill you. We can't give him any warning." The men quickly agreed. "Thomas, you need to make the call. Let him know that you have the paperwork and the lawyer is being disposed of and ask what your instructions are. Whatever he tells you, you say you will do."

"What if he asks about Rori?"

"She's still at the Oxbow Lake pack, and your men are making sure she doesn't get out without being followed." He nodded as she began to unshackle him. "There's no cell reception here, so we're taking a walk. If you run, if you warn your Alpha, if you don't do what we have told you, you die along with everyone here. This concrete floor will once again be covered in blood."

"I'll cooperate," he said. She led him out as Ron stayed behind, pistol in hand at the entrance. Walking up the hill, they found a spot with good reception. She handed him the phone, and he flipped it open and pressed the saved number. Coral pulled her own phone out and started a voice recording as she held it by his head. A few rings later, a familiar voice answered. "It's done," Thomas said. "I have the papers, and our problem is being taken care of as we speak."

"Good," Alpha Forrest said. "Let your men know I appreciate what they have done tonight."

Thomas' face cringed, but he took a breath and answered normally. "I will, sir. What are my orders?"

"Surround the Pack and make sure Rori doesn't leave. If the Alphas leave, follow them, we need them to be on the territory when the Council arrives."

"They Council is coming here?"

"We're all flying to Duluth tonight or tomorrow morning, we will be ready to arrest the Oxbow Lake Alphas for treason at sundown. Stay far enough back you don't spook anyone. We're coming in a convoy, we'll drive straight into their territory and take over as we arrest them. Have your men take shifts and be rested, you'll be needed to prevent anyone from escaping the territory."

"I understand, sir. It will be done."

"You're a good wolf, Thomas. I'll call you when we are about to attack." He hung up the phone and handed it back.

Coral pulled out her own and made a call. "Houston, we have a problem," she said as her brother answered.

partwolf
partwolf
2,308 Followers