All Comments on 'Tribute Tales: I Screamed...'

by SirThopas

Sort by:
  • 162 Comments
JusttooldJusttooldover 13 years ago
well done

This certainly is a different way of thinking about the cheating wife and what to do with her. Well thought out story with the main characters feelings all out there for you to examine from a couple of viewpoints.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Excellent

I think you may be right. Of course, both parties will disagree with you, but denial is often the best confirmation. Don't you just love that about life. Well written and very enjoyable, thanks for sharing.

Michael

ohioohioover 13 years ago
Complex, thoughtful and original

At least as good as some of your previous stories, which I admire. This is by no means a typical story--it's far too thoughtful for that, even philosophical.

To be able to write a "cheating wife" story in the usual Literotica mold, and at the same time reflect on the whole genre in a thoughtful and completely original way--without depriving the reader of a powerfully emotional experience--is truly remarkable. All I can say is I've become a fan, and I hope there will be many more stories to follow!

Thanks,

ohio

mcwiiimcwiiiover 13 years ago
Confused

I have no idea how I feel about this story, but I do feel something. Very interesting effort.

I think that you (or your main character) think too much.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
An okay story and an interesting perspective, but I disagree..

"The person who gets blindsided, or the person who forgives, is going to be left with a very real sense that justice was not done. Even if they do forgive, some part of them will always crave the catharsis of revenge. We do this to ourselves all the time. We want to believe the world is fair, and even if we don't want the people we love to suffer, we want the universe to show its impartiality. 'I've been HURT,' we say. 'What will be done about this?' So this person will be driven to write, or read, revenge stories, and any other type will frustrate them. They feel neutered, defeated, in some strange but significant way, and they will want the fantasy of control...of vengeance."

I have to tell you that you are completely wrong on this, at least where I'm related. See, before reading a cheating wife story I'm always, ALWAYS, rooting for reconciliation, BUT it has to be believable. I've never been hurt as deeply as this guy has by anyone, but I still feel reconciliation would be wrong for them. You have to be an incredibly gullible fool to think that their relationship would EVER be the same again after what he caught her doing, caught her saying to her lover. Finding out your wife or husband is cheating on you AND develops feelings for the person they are cheating with is just not something a relationship could ever recover from in my book. Some people would probably try to make things work, but I believe it is due to other things than love. Things like having children or having spent many years together. What it really boils down to, in my opinion, is that some people are afraid of being alone and will thus forgive anything, in some circumstances, or almost anything just to preserve the status quo. But the trust would never REALLY be there again and the respect would be gone. The cheated would always be looking out for signs of infidelity and the cheater would feel hunted and constantly scrutinized.

I must admit I rarely find reconciliation plausible if the cheater gets caught in the act. Then it's all tears and I'm sorry's, but it is usually all because they got caught doing it. They're sorry because of the consequences their actions are going to have and the embarresment they themselves are going to suffer and not for the pain they have coursed their spouse and their family. When that happens, I tend to think a separation would be best - let the cheater find out why it happened and what they REALLY want, they have to really understand what the consequences of their cheating are and the emotional hell they've brought on someone they claim to love. Same goes for the cheated - take some time away from a weepy, pleading spouse to find out what he/she really wants to happen.

UNFORTUNATELY what usually happens in Lit reconciliation stories, where the wife cheats, the wife just decides she wants to stay with the cheated husband, says she's sorry, offers some make up pussy and then everything is golden, and I'm sorry but I just can't stop myself from wondering if that scenario would EVER happen in real life. Sometimes the husband does take some time away from the wife, but it's rarely more than a few weeks, hardly enough time to get past the emotional haze and think constructively about what they want to happen....

PostScriptorPostScriptorover 13 years ago
Well done!

And interesting — the 'story within a story' was a wonderful device for raising the conversation about justice, revenge and love. Very thought provoking.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Nice

An interesting and mindfull morality play. This story has provoked a lot of questions in me. I don't know whether I agree or disagree with your arguments, but it is very thought provoking.

OldHidekiOldHidekiover 13 years ago
Wow, a story in a story.

You tried to explain the loving wifes genre, to the world. I'm not sure you have it exactly correct, but it is close enough for me to list this story in my favorites, and read it over and over again.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Next Chapter

This story just cries for a sequel to tell the story from Sherrie's side. Would be absolutely fascinating to know what was going through her mind through all of this.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Superb storytelling

Quite an enjoyable read. Great job with helping the reader feel what the husband is feeling. I would have liked to hear her possible rationale behind her actions, but otherwise, it was great. 5 Stars. Keep writing and I'll keep reading. Thanks, Tim

MikelGMikelGover 13 years ago
Excellent

A thoughtful approach to how we men rationalize being a victim of cheating. All I would ask of a cheating wife is to be honest about her feelings and then get a legal separation immediately.

After that the story begins, no waiting or games just deal with it.

Lawyers are much better at revenge than we are, they do it for a living, we should concentrate on the future with out the cheating wife or terms of reconciliation that makes you whole again, if that is possible.

The rest of these LW stories are fiction and I basically agree with the writer on why we enjoy those stories. I also agree that men who write stories that cheating is a sexual turn on is a whole other genre, I personally do not read cuckold stories, but to each his own.

Nice work.

incestor007incestor007over 13 years ago
Excellent work

Your stories are unique on lit, keep it up.

BriteaseBriteaseover 13 years ago
The best

This must be the best LV story I've read. Absolutely ...... Well, I'll just have to go and see what else you've written.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
WOW!

Great story...I mean, really great....WOW! keep it up, your work is outstanding!

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
You got one thing wrong however

And that is the mind of the wife. Once women get to stage of cheating she was at, there is no care or love left for the husband. He's nothing more than a useless tool to be used and discarded. The heart of woman is so cold and calculating that once they've cheated they can never return to loving their husband. She may stay for other reasons that help her selfish wants, but not for love.

That's why you never hear tales of honest reconciliation when the wife has cheated. She's checked out of the love, and if she continues to stay around she will once again cheat. She's lost any love or respect for her husband.

So sorry, I know this story was meant to explore feelings and be clever and deep, but when you miss that basic part of the true cold nature of cheating wives then your story breaks down.

The reason men go off the deep end when they catch their wives cheating, is because they know instinctively that she has checked out of their love and that he has been cast aside. He may gather to stay, he may throw her out, but either way he has lost and her love is forever gone.

It not being bitter that I'm writing from,it's having looked inti the hearts of women throughout my life and finding over and over again that they are the coldest, most selfish, heartless things alive.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
great story

great story, but all the sickos are going to hate you but for some reason i don't think that will bother you, they only come out after dark anyway.

RehnquistRehnquistover 13 years ago
When you make us think . . .

You've done a great job! Sure, many stories in this genre make people think of alternative points of view or partial justifications for adultery and its consequences. This one, though, was perfect in every manner. Well written, very thought provoking, a unique revenge on the Catholic-guilt mindset . . . The whole ball of wax!

Superb!

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
well thought out story please write from the cheating wife's perspective

While I found the character a little to mopy. Anyone who discovers his/her spouse has been in a long term affair would have a right to be depressed. While the character was able to accurately predict the wife's and in-laws' response, it would be interesting to see the story from the other side.

How did the affair develop? How did she justify having an affair with a married man with kids? What was she thinking and what did she do when her husband was acting depressed. What happened at work and confrontation with her parents/and lover.

This is not to say your story was not complete in itself but you did such a good job creating the characters, it would be interesting to get their point of view. Thanks for writing!

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
What about...

Readers that just like to read revenge stories for entertainment? What about the readers that read these 'cheating wife' stories and want the bitch burned at the stake and are simply reading the stories for just that, entertainment? If a reader is happily married, never been cheated on, never cheated on his partenr, and will never cheat or be cheated on and he or she simply reads such stories, knowing most if not all are not real, fiction, what about those people? readers do read these types of stories for fun and to be entertained, I know I do. But I like cheating wife stories where the wife faces consequences that is what should happen in the real world, I know it doesn't, life is not always fair. So stories where the wife cheats on her husband and is so sorry and somehow someway the husband takes her back are probably more 'real' than the revenge torch the bitch stories. Give me the torch the bitch stories as entertainment anytime over the other sort of stories. THIS story ended up okay.

grogers7grogers7over 13 years ago
Excellent! One of the best on this site

ohio, OldHideki, Britease, and Rehnquist say it all for me.

Except... the sequel. What does Mark do? It ain't easy movin' on. Will he once again seek the life of a happy marriage that he thought he had? Can he change himself and adapt to a single life? Those are completely different lifestyles. He respects Marva and Edward's life and relationship. It is hard to abandon such a dream when you live among those who have acheived it. Does he want children and the richness they could bring to his life? You, SirThopas, are the artist who can write that story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Excellent. Though I don't come into any of your categories.

I've been hurt yet loathe the revenge stories. Can't stand romance. Love sluts. Help...

deadsoondeadsoonover 13 years ago
Superb writing

Insightful plot. Great technique used to get your point across.

I have to admit I like the line 'I screamed at the top of his lungs.' It provides an image that is violent, angry and abusive and I am glad it prompted this tribute tale.

Maybe some LW authors may remember this story the next time they read some abusive feedback trashing their efforts and not be so concerned about it.

Zeb40Zeb40over 13 years ago
Best in ages.

This stor4y really grabbed me.

If the story were reversed, and the "real" story was the story in a story, it would still leave me wondering if he did the right thing. That's what made this read so powerful. The bottom line is that infidelity tears a marriage and the spouses involved apart. Nothing will ever be the same, whether they separate or remain together.

I admire authors who can forge a believable reconciliation story. Not many can, and your story shows us why. Too many emotions are involved.

Needless to say, I really enjoyed the story. Thanks. Paul

bruce22bruce22over 13 years ago
Superb creative effort

People are complex, you could just feel Karl on the edge of backing away from the full impact of his revenge. I really think that it will become obvious to his ex and her parents that he conned them which will in turn lead to them developing justifications for her outrageous behaviour.

At one point he felt that given her personality and upbringing she would have a detailed justification of her cheating. Sort of a shame that it was never revealed to us....

patricia51patricia51over 13 years ago
Holy COW

What an incredible story. Emotional and rational at the same time. I couldn't stop reading nor could I make myself speed ahead to the end; I had to drink in and savor each paragraph. Certainly means I will be diving into other works of yours.

jasonnhjasonnhover 13 years ago
Very good

This was a very creative story. I liked that the "revenge" was not crazy and he wasn't a ex Navy Seal that tore her lover apart. He just used his understanding of the people involved to get the maximum effect. He made sure his wife was faced with her guilt and couldn't get away from it. He even got his wife to do the dirty work on blowing away her lover. And he lied to do it. That was GREAT. So many stories show the cheater lying for months and the lover manipulating and disrespecting the husband. But in getting even the husband is supposed to "play nice" to keep his good guy status. Hubby lied to get his revenge and it was refreshing. His wife deserved it. The lover deserved it. And it broke them up very nicely, exactly as he wanted. <br><br>

The only complaint I have is that I wish you had done more with his wife to make her more deserving of such a meticulously crafted and effective revenge. We only see one scene and hear only a few lines from the wife illuminating her affair. Certainly that is enough to convict her but she doesn't feel like enough of a villain to deserve what she gets. I actually feel a little sorry for her by the end of the story. She could have been a bit better developed villain. I somewhat agree with your analysis of the LW genre, I want to know things have a sense of balance at the end of the story. In this case she was thoroughly destroyed and I get this vague sense that maybe she didn't deserve it.

warthog50warthog50over 13 years ago
WOW

Incredibly good....thanks so much and please,please keep writing.....

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Outstanding & very interesting!

Great plot devices!

gatorhermitgatorhermitover 13 years ago
Excellent story. Very very insightful.

Several points. First, for the anon commentators, you don't know and cannot imagine what finding out you are being cheated upon and then getting divorced. Second, I think one reason those of us who <i>have </i> experienced it read the LW stories is to examine ways of dealing with it that are more clever and creative than what we came up with when we faced it. This is why I DESPISE willing cuckold stories (with a few exceptions, e.g. JPB's The Bought Husband) - lack of respect, cheating and divorce hurt so many people (as this story brought out well). Third, I disagree with the anon that you can't get over infidelity - I think you can but it entails re-balancing the relationship in some way (your own affair, opening up the marriage, etc.). This is why Ohio's, HDK's, Winterfrog's (and sometimes JPB's and others') stories are so strong - this re-balancing is achieved one way or the other. Fourth, male authors are hopelessly romantic, as they almost always write the women as repentant. Nice fantasy. But JPB and especially PapaToad write women better: women will <i>never </i> admit that they are wrong (it is <i> always </i> the man's fault) and rarely apologize. This even applies my loving (2nd) wife of 26 years, who is a fabulous person - if she is truly 100% wrong in something, she always attacks. It is almost funny - that is the only time that she attacks, is when she has done something that she subconsciously considers wrong (she will eventually apologize when she realizes it)! It is the way they are wired. IRL the wife in this story would have blamed it on the husband - it would be HIS fault that she had an affair. Too few LW authors get this. PapaToad's women are so real - they never explain, never apologize, and are never wrong. BTW ST, I did like the story!

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Very Different

I enjoyed it, good story, ugly subject. Catching your wife doing this would be horrible, no right way to act, just survive. Thanks.

bdoggriffenbdoggriffenover 13 years ago
clever thoiughtful

but somehow not at all moving. . . I don't know, it kind of reads more like a term paper on loving wife stories. But it is smart and different and that makes it well worth the read. Looking forward to reading more from you.

Scorpio44Scorpio44over 13 years ago
Thought provoking!

I enjoyed this story much as I enjoy driving twisty roads up in Big Sur. All the twists are a big part of the thrill. When the road stops twisting I have a chance to evaluate the trip and in this case I can see that I'm clear I wouldn't behave as he did. I enjoyed reading about his path, but it isn't mine.

Reading this I can look back and say, "I did what was best for me when my wife cheated and so did she."

Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Good read !

I was very disappointed that you didnt follow it through with the aftermath and dialog after the fact .

RHinSCRHinSCover 13 years ago
Pretty good

I read these stories for the conflict. I have never been divorced or cheated on. I do know what I would do in this situation, I would get rid of her. I will admit that these types of stories have eroded my usually sunny disposition over the last couple of months. My wife has noticed. Her solution was to buy a new eighty two inch tv for our christmas present. Smart woman. When it arrives I doubt that I will care what happens to a loving wife. Again, smart woman. All the negativity can't be good for anyone here. If one story lifts you up, there is another one to tear you down again or piss you off. I try to read only the stories that I know I will like, but that doesn't always work does it? The comments are a hoot. I find myself wanting to meet some of the people who make them face to face. I don't think it is just me. It goes to show the emotions that are drawn on here. Emotions that are not good for most of us to dwell on. Good story.

zed0zed0over 13 years ago
Duuh

Pretty much a happy ending, with great revenge. Although somewhat diffused with apparent observations and a few home spun homilies, only served to make a good story mediocre, ponderous and vague. You coulda had a 4 but got only 3.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightover 13 years ago
This was a really good story!

Readers do not have to agree or disagree with the outcome of a good story. All we have to do is enjoy the effort and thought the story required. This was very well done!

SalamisSalamisover 13 years ago
The best revenge is always self-inflicted

There is a cost to be paid for any betrayal of trust. It is the who, what, why, how, where and when of that cost that separates the satisfying stories from the unsatisfying. Here, just as in Harddaysknight’s “Yesterday”, the betrayer gets to dish out punishment to herself.

In “Yesterday” the husband merely allows the wife’s conscience to range freely as he seemingly accepts her infidelity. In “I Screamed” the husband methodically sets up the wife to inflict her own punishment while using his in-laws as an innocent catalyst.

In both stories there is a firm understanding of each errant wife’s moral code. It is this moral code, this conscience, that enables their self-inflicted punishment, and yet the outcomes are very different.

I’m not sure I agree with the author’s philosophical bent on why we write stories of reconciliation or revenge; for me, mainly as a reader, I simply don’t like to see the ‘bad guys’ prosper. However, his take on that was very thought provoking and it gave this story a certain second layer of added enjoyment.

If there is any one disappointment I have, it’s that the wife has all too little to say about the motivations for her affair.

ChagrinedChagrinedover 13 years ago
I reccommend this story !

One of the best. It dragged in places but so do mine. The concept and execution were spot on, however. Excellent job!

rjordanrjordanover 13 years ago
Given a LW "Home early" cliche...

...I had high hopes from the author of Mad Dog. And they were met. It had the cleverness required, though not the dark craziness you do so well. Thanks for the story.

teh568teh568over 13 years ago
It Just Lacks One Thing

What was the wife's reason behind the cheating? We know she still loves him (or claims to) and is willing to do what ever it takes to keep her husband. But it would be nice to know why she did it. On a side note, what the husband did was almost as bad. He strung his wife along letting her think that there still was a chance, but there wasn't. This shows that, perhaps, he did not love her as much as HE thought.

GaryAPBGaryAPBover 13 years ago
Very, very well done on a lot of issues

This was a very good story with a new approach on many of the issues of the subject. And very readable. BUT, just as much as it aired some of the aspects of adultery in such an interesting and thought provoking manner, it left some issues untouched. There are plenty of questions remaining.

It is one of the problems of the genre, trying to adress everything is nigh on impossible.

northlandernorthlanderover 13 years ago
Excellent story

Well thought out, really presenting the thoughts going through the mind of the victim in the story. By the end it really made the wife feel what the husband felt when he found her cheating. The waiting for the other foot to drop would be excrutiating for her if she had any emotions at all. Definitely a new addition to myu favourites

angiquesophieangiquesophieover 13 years ago
i agree with all the praising comments, but...

...i'd love to add another 100% if possible.

this is the best loving wives story i read

up to now. great plot, deep feelings and

lovely details. thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Needs another chapter

this story was one of the best in recent times I've read on this site. But it needs another chapter. What happened to the wife? How did she reacted? How did her parents reacted? Why she cheated on him? She did what she was asked to, so why he still divorced her? These are some unanswered questions that needs to be answered.

SupaSallySupaSallyover 13 years ago
As a Woman

The story flowed well, and I liked it (a lot). But these stories are not all about you guys arguing over dump her v forgive her. There is absolutely no female pov in this story, its a male fantasy.

Why did she start cheating on the husband? She must have had a reason, this was an on-going affair and not some drunken mistake. So maybe Mr Wonderful Husband is a loyal but boring old fart.

And he isn't so clever. The lover is divorced, she's dumped and divorced (with a rift between her and her religious moral parents). So they are both alone, and they only have each other. Maybe they'll get over blaming each other, and build a new happy life together. Just what the hero didn't want.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Top Rate!

As I began reading, I was a little leery. Your description of his reaction was a bit over the top. However, as the story progressed it kept getting better and better.

You would be a dangerous enemy! I loved how easily he manipulated her parents. There was no need for high tech surveillance, no P.I.s, no pretending to be a good husband for months gathering way too much data that a court would never use.

I don't necessarily agree with your protagonist's point of view, but it was thoughtfully presented. I loved, "So the beaten cuckold craves revenge stories, and the avenging angel needs to know that the future can still be bright." What a not-so-subtle dig at the torch-the-bitch crowd.

Thanks so much for writing,

Ttom

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
joining the choir

one of the best, hate to parrot the other comments but credit given where credit is due - darn good story

demantoiddemantoidover 13 years ago
I loved this story....a fantastic psychological thiller/melodrama!

I love stories of darkness, despair and depression. This story is a slow journey to hell and beyond. Wonderfully written! Dark beyond black!

I suppose what I love the most are the omissions of Sir Thopas.

1. Omitting SIZE. Thankfully I did not read any description involving "4 inches or 12 inches or 10 inches or 6 inches" or any A through triple Z cups!

2. Omitting the FLASHBACK. No 3 to 6 paragraphs of how the couple met and what orgasmic sex each experienced. Another missing cliche...thank you.

3. Omitting another narrator or using a video camera or recording device to tell what happened when the narrator was not present. How wonderful was it NOT to know what occurred when the parents confronted the adulterers at the house. Man oh man, my imagination went Borneo! What was so clever was then writing the 2nd story at work...the reader got a "taste" of another narration.

4. Omitting the condescending attitude many authors have of being "above" the reader. I felt I was an equal to, not only the author, but to the protagonist as well. I, as the reader, was allowed to be party to the revenge planning. The author cleverly accomplished this by slowly unfolding the plan, not using overblown drama or quick exposition. Creating EMPATHY!

5. Omitting over the top "slut" behavior with the wife and "cuck" behavior with the husband. THANK YOU!

6. Omitting reconciliation. The brilliance of the story was its depth of despair. No happy ending.

I could go on and on about how clever the author was in his omissions, but I want to add one quibble. I hated the fact that the husband didn't sleep for, what, 3 days. No one can be so on ones game for such an extended period of sleeplessness. And Mark was clearly on his game throughout. The sleeplessness did nothing to the drama of the story.

Sir Thopas, I very much appreciate your thoughtful and thought provoking story. Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
I THINK YOU ARE TWISTED

You Mr writer...are sick You act more like a flamming fagot

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
What did she have in mind while cheating and when being discovered?

Reading stories about cheating wives I allways want to know why these women hurt their "beloved" husbands. What has "love" to do with betrayal, disrespect and lies? Especially this one makes me curious. Please, SirThopas, write a sequel from her side!

PultoyPultoyover 13 years ago
This is a great story

What a fine job! It is Introspective, analytical and accurate from 2 points of view. I mean he gets a great opportunity to win us into his point of view about the older men in the business, and I was with him. Then, his own realization that he is upside down in his thinking was revelatory and great fun. In addition, all that was going on with his neighbor and ex wife and boss, etc.

Excellent technical information about the music. It is what sold me that he was right in the beginning about the older guys.

This was a fine story and I congratulate you on your fine effort. And, thank you.

-Pultoy

SleeplessinMD3SleeplessinMD3over 13 years ago
OUTSTANDING!

I am so glad the husband Mark did not ask why she cheated. Given that there were no problems between the two of them prior to the affair the answer to why is so obvious. Because she could do it! She and her lover had flexible work schedules ( a trend these days) which permitted them to see each other during the work hours. It is also true that once the spouse sees and hears their cheating spouse fucking someone else reconciliation becomes impossible. I loved the revenge because the cheating spouse often becomes the "victim." She would minimize the affair with relatives and friends and if the reconciliation fails the maligned spouse would be the one who did not forgive her.

terrydavidterrydavidover 13 years ago
Outstanding tale - anybody have any recommendations on similar stories?

Author - great story that engaged the reader to analyze the characters & plot. As stated above - does anyone have recommendations to similar engaging stories that feature despair & revenge heaped upon other grievous sluts?

DanielQSteele1DanielQSteele1over 13 years ago
Classic

What can I say that a lot of others haven't. This is a great story. I've read your other tribute stories and they;re good, but this is almost in another league.

You don't often find effective metafiction, and very seldom if ever, do ylou find it on LIT. That is, you've written a very effective and thoughtful story about why writers write and why readers respond that would work well in a literary essay. At the same time, you've written a helluva good short story hitting all the emotional bases about the pain a man faces when dealing with betrayal.

You're going to get a lot, a lot, of responses and comments, on this one, which you deserve, and it's going to cement your image/reputation as one of those writers that people will be waiting for to post a new story. I'll be one of them.

BigJohn601BigJohn601over 13 years ago
Well plannned and executed plot......

Your story did a great job of looking at the decissions that have to be made when a spouse has been found in an extended affair. Bringing her family into the revenge worked out extremely well.

SELSTIMSELSTIMabout 13 years ago
Great Story

Original and well written. I'm not so sure I agree with your assessment of why people write and read these types of stories but then your assessment skills didn't take away from the story. What did take away from your story were your poor manners in naming the author whose errors gave you your epiphany. Especially when it was an author like Slirpuff. When he first started writing on this site he was pretty green and admitted it and asked for corrective feedback from the readers of the LW category because he valued their opinions. He got a lot of feedback from some very notable people, some excellent writers themselves. With every story he wrote you could see his improvement. To the point that I really looked forward to reading his stories. Your story would have been just as good without trampling on the name of a hard working author. I would expect it in the feedback section from the same uneducated readers that can only express themselves by using words like cunt, whore, slut, faggot, fucking wimp and gay wad but not from another author, especially one the is as articulate as yourself. However, after reading your intro I was surprised at how much I enjoyed your story. Even though your behavior analysis skills need a little work. Thank you

IrfonIrfonabout 13 years ago
YES!!

I agree - very well written - but I would have loved to have read more details about her lovers divorce AND the damage caused in HIS life .

...and she said 'Oh,I couldn't do that to him - he's married and has children' - WTF !!

He knowingly destroyed his marriage (as she did) - but she did NOT want to damage/destroy his ??

I like the phrase 'all that collateral damage..' - I like it very much !!

Again - very well written - Thanks.

PistolpackinpetePistolpackinpetealmost 13 years ago
Love the coherancy in these tribute tales...

....I'm still reeling from the fog that was "Mad dog".

jiminabjiminabalmost 13 years ago
Good

That was very good. I got so into that story. A really good read and good revenge. Thanks for that. Jim

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Really?

If a wife her husband that much, would she conduct her affairs in her house and in the room where she and her (beloved?)husband sleep? THINK ABOUT IT.

nicely written, but the wife's character is inconsistent w/ what she say. still, a good story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago

Should have been posted in the loving wives section.

I firmly believe page 5 is missing, i wanted to read what happens when she is served and the aftermath(although we all know what usually happens)

You are too talented a writer not to have the proper readers. If you want to be more successful,only have stOries in Loving Wives section.

sojomansojomanover 12 years ago
Sick, sick, story

the man was no man at all, just a destructive, miserable little creature. She is the one who cheated, why hurt all the other innocent people. Causing pain and destruction in other people's life is not the work of a decent human being. It's the work of an animal or a complete nut case. One thing comes really out in this story: this guy never loved his wife, no man can truly love and act the way he did. That man is a psychopath, she will be much better of without him in her life. No wonder he never confronted her or wanted to know. At least now we understand why she had her affair, she needed love, affection, and intimacy that he will never be able to give her. He probably can't even give her decent, good, old fashioned sex. Very sick mind indeed.

tazz317tazz317over 12 years ago
TWILIGHT ZONE

Who is to say how to get personal revenge>>>>>>TK U MLJ LV NV

MaddieKimMaddieKimover 12 years ago
Great story

There is very little I can say that others haventthoughtfulwell writtenloved the story within the story.

MaddieKimMaddieKimover 12 years ago
Sorry!

I didn’t realize ellipses in the comment section wouldn’t show up, so I’ll repost so it’s readable.

There is very little I can say that others haven’t said. This was thoughtful, well written, and I loved the story within the story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Probably the best LW story on this site

Very well thought out and very, very plausible all the way through.

I've seen situations like this in the past, but I especially enjoyed the ingenious way the lead character handled the wife.

A great read.

saratusaratuover 12 years ago

Much of what was in this story has happened to me,, except that I lost everything, even my job. Reading these stories with a better ending for betrayed husbands makes me feel better, but it isn't reality for me and I fear for many others as well. I liked the story and the work that went into the creating of it, it was a great read.

hawkeye0007hawkeye0007over 12 years ago
Outstanding!

Us burn the bitch guys are often critisized as woman haters. Nothing could be further from the truth. Although our ability to trust has been abused, we want love and to be able to trust again. We actually hate lying , manipulating, selfish bitches who hurt us and get away with it. The courts offer no punishment or retribution for such treacherous creatures and no justice is ever served. She usually rides off with at least half the assets and fucks her way into a new life leaving her broken mate alone and shattered. Thankyou for your insightful exploration of the situation.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
So hawkeye0007, having admitted that you were cucked

all we want to know, and this is because if you ain't flaming authors in the Loving Wives category that have a difference of opinion to your own, you are to be found in the mother-son incest category, is who were you cucked by? Mommy or your slut wife? If it was your wife, did she take a lot of different cocks when you were with her?

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
this author rocks

Powerful stuff, some of the best writing on this site.

cuckeye0007 might be emotionally damaged and have Oedipus issues but even he likes this story - just darn good writing

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago

I see the hate squad is out again, why don't they just jerk off and eat their creampies and leave readers to write their comments without all their stupid childish comments(see last two comments)

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
sums it up

"the beaten cuckold craves revenge stories, and the avenging angel needs to know that the future can still be bright"

tazz317tazz317over 12 years ago
#2 AFTER BEING BUSTED

by her Mom, Dad and Hubby she wants to protect her lover/boss and save her own lifes marriage. NOT. TK U MLJ LV NV

norcal62norcal62over 12 years ago
SupaSally speaks for some of my thoughts on this work.

It's strictly a male fantasy for one person's viewpoint/background.

The part that struck me was the statement that forgiveness leaves the forgiver with no sense of justice being done. Depending on one's religious background, that makes no sense. The forgiver is not the one to deliver "justice."

I have personal experience with a similar marriage situation; the wife having strong feelings for another man and acting on them. Making the long story short, in the end she had lost all respect for me for a couple of reasons she gave, and although I was willing to go forward with our marriage, she acted so violently and disrespectful toward me that I eventually left her.

I recognize my responsibility in several ways harming the marriage, and even today while looking at some slides of our earlier years, regret my part in screwing up the marriage. I have no feelings about any need for "justice" being served.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
revenge in a story

is needed by cucks because it was denied to them in real life. if you don't need the catharsis of revenge to balance the scales of your psyche then you don't feel wronged; you either bore equal blame or settled the score.

happy-ever-after in a story is needed by non-cucks to return an equilibrium after taking a pound of flesh in real life. the latent guilt associated with inflicting damage must be assuaged by a happy ending unless you are a sociopath.

Huedogg2Huedogg2over 12 years ago
SirThopas, I gave it a 5 *

Interesting form of revenge. Ignore all the WBC and as far as revenge goes, it human nature to want to hurt the person that hurt you. The saying forgiveness is divine. Is true, if your a higher power. But if your an everyday Joe burn the bitch.

chilleywilleychilleywilleyover 12 years ago
If there was a ten, you'd get it from me

What a stunning story. Far far beyond what I can write. I admit I generally prefer the shorter ones, but this had all of the intensity of a shorter story, amazingly maintained throughout. Add to it the genuinely good philosophy and speculative analysis or the cheating spouse stories...Just superb!

Chilley

FD45FD45over 12 years ago
How the fuck did I miss this?

Well written, well reasoned, well revenged!

I particularly liked the analysis of reconcilliation and revenge. Don't know if it's true, but it's certainly worth arguing over a beer.

This is one of the best stories I've read. I felt sorry for the man, and I felt sorry for the woman. And yet both were despicable at the same time.

Which means they were human and real.

tazz317tazz317about 12 years ago
NO TRIBUTES FOR A FAILED UNION

and losses all around. TK U MLJ LV NV

UndrApprctdUndrApprctdabout 12 years ago
Females Prefer the Written Story; I Wonder Why...

The written story with the submissive husband is the more realistic tale, unfortunately. The revenge tale is the fantasy that could never happen. Difficult to bank on guilt from a wife that checked out emotionally 6 months before. I guess what people don't understand is that there's no "justice" in these situations; both sides get hurt, and they need to break away & start new relationships (even if it's with each other.) Their past life together is forever gone.

Northern_WriterNorthern_Writeralmost 12 years ago
Really good

While I don't necessarily agree with everything you wrote, I enjoyed your analysis of the LW genre, embedded in a well written story. I'm going to have to read some more of your writing.

BigK10BigK10over 11 years ago
Excellent explantaion

...of the duality in the human equation. No matter how certain you are of your chosen course of action (reconciliation or revenge), there will be times you'll wonder, "What if I did it the other way... Would I be happier? Would "Karmic Justice" get the offending spouse?"

Also, I agree with a previous reviewer...this one deserves a "10."

Danger09Danger09over 11 years ago
Awesome story

This poor husband has patience because if I was in his situation I don't think I would've been able to be around that slut. I would've just put her dirty ass out & filed for divorce. I thought the husbands plans were a bit out there. It would've been easier just making the slut wife think he's having an affair, it would've invoke the same hurt & betrayal that her husband felt. I like things simple.. Nevertheless you're a very talented writer I enjoyed this story, I would've like the slut to burn-- but it's ok.

newjaynenewjayneover 11 years ago
One of the most powerful stories I've read for a very long time.

It was superbly crafted, beautifully written and, as others have pointed out, almost completely devoid of the cliches about PIs, electronic devices, physical 'assets' and violence.

The philosophical musings worked very well, as did the 'story within a story' to present a picture of the kind of emotional roller coaster ride that emerges from cheating and deceit. Clearly a 5* story - although it certainly deserves even more than that.

The only possible quibble; that we weren't given the chance to examine the motives of the unfaithful wife is a valid one, but that is entirely another story and mixing the two would have only lessened the impact of this one.

Vulcan_in_OhioVulcan_in_Ohioover 11 years ago
I must have missed this

Very well-written and few technical errors. Kept my attention to the end. His revenge was reasonable. Sherrie will feel like shit for a long time, which might at least approach his own long-term pain. I'll now read other stories by this author. Five stars, thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago

It was a very good story indeed. A good story after a long time.

Revenge is always good but I believe that we all make mistakes. After all we are all humans. When a cheating spouse is really sorry for what they did, they should be given a second chance.

Personally I hate to see a woman suffer. In my opinion, he should have forgiven her after he got revenge on her lover.

IrfonIrfonabout 11 years ago
This was a visit....

...to a very dark place, that we all have within us.

You managed to write, how people feel, when something as appalling as this happened to them.

Too often the victim never quite gains the relief that is crying out for release inside them.

You managed that superbly well.

There may be different ways to reach their epiphany / catharsis,other than your well planned method,BUT,you hit that part in our depths to achieve that success with style and clarity.

Of all the revenge stories I've read - this one tops them all - by returning the pain and angst that the perpetrator(s) so richly deserved - Well Done !!

cantbuymycantbuymyalmost 11 years ago

very well done, i must have missed it before. 5

monkcalmmonkcalmalmost 11 years ago
This is

A good god dam story thanks for writing it

cantbuymycantbuymyalmost 11 years ago

I just loved how he broke her and ruined the other man.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Excellent story

The poory inserted commentary on Loving Wives fans did create an interesting conversation, but fit clumsily into an otherwise deftly-written and compelling story.

On top of which, it does nothing to explain why those "avenging angels" spout off in the comment section about what a knuckle-dragging neanderthal anyone who would seek revenge, or even be unwilling to forgive infidelities, must be. Oops. There goes that theory.

tazz317tazz317about 10 years ago
TALES FROM THE CRYPT

and the bottom line is nothing, TK U MLJ LV NV

patilliepatilliealmost 10 years ago
thoroughly enjoyed this tale

Thx for taking the time to write it, loved the whole thing, the ending much more satisfying than "Mad Dog ..." You are a really good writer, and looking forward to perusing your entire portfolio of submissions.

sugnasugnaalmost 10 years ago
Wow!

That was one of the most thoughtful as well as entertaining stories I have read here! Thanks!

calflashcalflashalmost 10 years ago
hardball

the comment from her parents about sometimes life throws you a hardball was way off base. A 6 month affair conducted even in the marital bed is like a no hit shutout

starmanfivestarmanfiveabout 9 years ago
Just might be

the best story on this sight. I reread it often and wish for more LW stories from this author!

kdcee79kdcee79about 9 years ago
Powerful

Wow, oh boy, I had to read this twice too make sure I got everything out of it. Powerful, insightful & reality in words. This was very, very good; thank you for a wonderful story. 5 * * * * *

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveabout 9 years ago
Damn

I had this tale pegged as a five star all the way until the end. Betrayed spouses do not feel good reading about reconciliation. Betrayed spouses want to read about revenge and or justice against the cheaters. The cunt in this tale was stupid and apathetic to what the consequences would entail, not only to her but her parents as well. No one won in this tale. Although the betrayed husband sounds positive, he will find that it will take him a long time to really trust and to love again. I know.

Still a four star tale.

Tim413413Tim413413about 9 years ago
The dialogue seemed a bit flat. Still enjoyable.

I'm undecided re the alternative story he was writing. I took a significant break during this chapter. I was surprised, when I returned, to read, "Sherrie wondered if her parents had spilled the beans." I thought hubby already knew. I kept reading and realized hubby, in the story, knew, but the real-life hubby was acting like he didn't know.

TAGS: Needed several more. I'll never be able to find this story doing a tag search.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous