All Comments on 'Trivial Pursuits Ch. 12'

by titania123

Sort by:
  • 8 Comments
meh4912meh4912about 9 years ago
The pace is just fine....

Still loving this story and eagerly look for each chapter. I think the pace is appropriate and believable for the Alessa and Denny and how they are relating to each other.

I will be happy when things spice up a little, but I know how wonderfully you write those scenes and can (impatiently) wait for them.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
5 stars

the reason I gave it 5, because there is an actual story; not one of those ,boring, wham bang thankyou m'aam.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Whoa

This was a surprising twist! Thanks for 2 chapters in 1 day, what a treat!

DoctimeDoctimeabout 9 years ago

Thanks for the answers to the comments!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Pace is the least of your concerns

The pace of this story is fine. You're an excellent writer and your portrayal of these characters is just fantastic. Vibrant and lively. Don't change anything in THAT department.

I am still very much concerned that Denny is far from the gentleman he is portraying. He seems manipulative, controlling and more than a little disrespectful of Alessa's wishes. I understand that this is fiction but I am very worried about this story conveying the wrong message. Especially for younger adults who may be reading these stories as a model, guide or supplement to their own romantic lives. There may be some danger to depicting Denny in this fashion. I have tried very hard to identify with Denny simply because of these negative traits and while I would very much like to fully enjoy your story, especially as you have so obviously put so much work and thought into them, I cannot find a way to absolve Denny of his treatment of Alessa.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Love it as it is.

Your story, you tell it, I love it as it is. There is a touch of real reality about it. Anyone with a normal family will probably be able to relate to some aspects of this yarn.

Keep writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
So Good It Hurts

Really loving this story. I'm binge reading and had to comment based on your noted justifications. They aren't needed. You've provided us with a wonderful reading experience. Now I have to get back to my reading. 5 stars all the way.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Pacing

I agree with Titania about the pace. The heroine has very deep and troubling issues dating back to her parents divorce and that is going to take some time to heal. It is truly a wonderful story and has been brilliantly written.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous