Trivial Pursuits Ch. 12

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
titania123
titania123
1,513 Followers

They were still ambling slowly down the path, making their way back to the gate in the wall at the perimeter of the property. They stood covered by the speckled shadows of the leaves overhead when he stopped and turned to her.

"And that's why I'd fight for them, a hundred miles more than any of my clients. So you see, it may be a little unethical, at the very least a little unorthodox, for me to ask you to consider dating my son, but I can't help it. It's who I am.

"But, rest assured, you have nothing to fear from me. No reprisal should you choose to decline. It was merely a happy thought I had. My son David hasn't dated anyone since his divorce almost five years ago. I love my son, Ms. Allen. I want him to be happy. And it would warm my old days to see my son find something wonderful like I have found. Someone to make him whole. Someone special like you." He was smiling gently at her, no questionable intent in his shining brown eyes, only sweet sincerity and unabashed optimism.

Alessa felt her face warm and her heart beat in the ardor of his hope. The acid wash was back, coating her stomach in discomfort. She faked a gracious smile, hiding all that was crumbling inside. "Thank you, Mr. Schecter, for your interest. I am very honored, very flattered. I'm certain your son is a wonderful man, if he's anything like you. However, I'm not available to date your son."

He gave a chuckling half-smile. "Not available or not interested?"

She took a deep breath. "I honestly couldn't say interested or not as I haven't met him, but as it is, I'm not available. But thank you for considering me worthy enough for him."

He smiled and gave a shrug. "One can always shoot for the stars. Well, Ms. Allen, if you ever become available, let me know and I'd be more than happy to introduce the two of you. Until then, that man of yours is a very lucky chap." He opened the gate to let her out. They said their goodbyes until at last she walked away, buzzing.

She sat in her car for untold minutes, her eyes staring ahead, unseeing. And then she turned a guarded gaze to her phone. Her mind was too preoccupied to notice the thumbnail she slid between her teeth to chew it as she searched her contacts list. And then she punched his name.

It rang twice before he answered.

"Denny? I think we should talk."

******

A/N: Yeah, I know, I left you with yet another cliff-hanger and with still no nookie in sight. But I'd say, get used to it. It's just how I write, how my brain organizes the story, so it's happened before and it'll happen again. But, because I am an empathetic writer, I am also gracing you with another chapter at the same time :) I will also give you a heads up that the following chapter will be the LAST chapter before he finally gets her bra off ;)

Responses to various feedback:

Pace: Hmm, I don't often like to justify my work, feeling rather that I'd like for my writing to be self-explanatory, however I have received several comments about the slow pace of this story. While I like a quickie sex scene as well as the next, but that isn't REAL for these characters. This damaged girl isn't about to jump in the sack just because he's our main character, and there was a real need to detail his journey in understanding her and then slowly drawing her out. As a result, yeah, it's taken us quite some time to get here, but I think, I hope it will be worth it. After all, this isn't a short story, it's a long novel and the majority of it will be their relationship, lots of sex included.

Noncon vs Romance: Hm, this is certainly an interesting discussion that I hadn't considered in creating this story. I viewed Denny's pursuit of Alessa more in comparison to an intervention for someone with an unhealthy addiction; for Alessa it is her denial that her attitude towards sex and relationship is unhealthy. Sometimes, it takes someone from the outside to see things more clearly than we can, someone who can call us on the bullshit we tell ourselves. And that's Denny's role in this story. True, he isn't a flawless knight with no marks on his armor, but he truly does care for her and is forcing her to face her injuries so that she can begin to heal. Yes, from her perspective in these past few chapters, she has been RELUCTANT to participate, but that doesn't mean she will stay that way, nor does it mean that if she had ultimately refused him (because, after all, she does want him Denny knows) he would have left her alone. Any way, that's my perspective on the struggle these two have had in forcing the topic.

San Francisco: No, not actually in the city I love, but vacation there whenever possible. I do miss it and hope to go soon :)

And lastly, and this is just a little heads up, I'm almost finished with Ch 14...so that means y'all have officially caught up with me, and I am very sorry to say (for you, at least) the chapters won't be posted as quickly. Given my past record on other stories, I usually can get them out every other week if the characters are speaking in my head...which isn't always the case. I can keep you posted, so you're not left wondering.

That's all for now...comment and vote if you want! :)


titania123
titania123
1,513 Followers
12