All Comments on 'Trolley Dolly'

by Bathsheba_Everdene

Sort by:
  • 8 Comments
burningloveburningloveover 2 years ago

Nicely written! **** stars.

Burninglove

Bathsheba_EverdeneBathsheba_Everdeneover 2 years agoAuthor

Thank you for the feed back burninglove and reader1000

nixroxnixroxover 2 years ago

5 stars - PTSD - when a person works within a search&rescue helicopter squadron, you get to see so many things you wish you could forget. Thousands of images of human frailty in the face of circumstances and forces beyond their control, haunt your sub-conscience mind seemingly forever. During my time in that squadron, we only found one person alive, amongst dozens of casualties. But after that one instance, an entire community came out to demonstrate their appreciation, to honor us, to celebrate our efforts and that is the memory I cling tightly to this very moment.

That is what this story did for me. Thank you Bathsheba_Everdene.

However, the longer the time interval between bursts of these images, the more fuzzy the images become. Forgetting is a blessing I can deal with.

Bathsheba_EverdeneBathsheba_Everdeneover 2 years agoAuthor

Dear nixrox.

Your feedback written from such a personal perspective has really made my day. I'm very touched that you shared this aspect of your life and that my story was helpful to you rather than a hindrance.

I've often admired those in the rescue services, who put themselves in danger both physically and emotionally and know from personal experience that at times they pay a high price. It's a blessing that the courage of you and your colleagues was recognized by the one you did save along with their community and I am sure that your efforts were held in high esteem even when your missions were unsuccessful. Who could not be grateful for such selfless bravery?

Thank you again for getting in touch and I wish you every healing and the ability to live in the moment rather than the past.

Best wishes

Sheba

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

This was a very clever story. It was the perfect length for the story you told. You jumped right into the middle of things, told your story, added your twist, and stopped. Some people seem to think that quality comes with the length of the work, and you keep on writing until you can't come up with anything else to say. The structure of your story shows otherwise. Keep up the good work!

Bathsheba_EverdeneBathsheba_Everdenealmost 2 years agoAuthor

Thank you for the feedback. I write by instinct and feeling. It's not to everyone's taste but at least I know one person enjoys the style.

rbloch66rbloch66over 1 year ago

Good premise for a story, but sorely lacking in any kind of detail. It read like you were rushing last minute to hand in a creative writing project. D- by the way.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userBathsheba_Everdene@Bathsheba_Everdene
I've been writing for over ten years now. I'd describe myself as an avid reader. Some of my favourite genres include sci-fi, biographical works and of course erotica. I identify as a Switch and can be either dominant or submissive. As for my moniker - Bathsheba_Everdene,...