Tropical Break

Story Info
A storm breaks between Mother and Son.
8.5k words
4.61
32.2k
80
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
decoy88
decoy88
76 Followers

"Two Days!??"

The flight attendant behind the desk smiled apologetically. Luke drew a deep breathe and sighed heavily, taking the stack of vouchers from her hand.

"I'm really sorry, sir. We've got your number, and as soon as your bags arrive, we'll send them over to your hotel and send you a message to let you know it's on its way. Unfortunately, the next flight from London already left, so the next one we can get the bags on will have to be tomorrow, which will only arrive in Singapore the day after."

Luke nodded, resigned to the fact he could do nothing to hasten things. To be fair, the airline had offered him a number of vouchers for discounts on meals, shows and transportation around the city. He'd worked up a budget on how much most of the sight seeing would cost him, and with these vouchers, he'd save a decent amount.

Thanking the flight attendant, he turned from the desk and walked away.

"What did they say?"

Patty Miles had always been direct. Growing up working class, she and her late husband had worked hard their whole lives, and had left little room for niceties. She was never rude or intimidating. Just direct in her speech and a little intense in her bearing. She'd worked a number of jobs in her lifetime, and was never one to shy away from hard physical labour. Consequently, despite being fifty nine and retired, she'd maintained a lean and strong physique.

Luke came to stand beside his mother. Her calm demeanor always helped ground him. In times when he felt himself becoming anxious, he'd always ask himself, what would Mom do? She always seemed unflappable, a steady rock in a storm. Even after his father died suddenly three years prior, she'd stoically just got on with things. But even through her no nonsense attitude, Luke could still sense the grief in her. She didn't quite laugh or smile as much as she used to.

"The bags are still in London, but they're organising to get them on the next direct flight with the airline. Unfortunately that's tomorrow, and then the bags will only get here the day after."

Patty nodded and took hold of her carry on luggage and her purse.

"Alright then, well at least we've already got the hotel booked. We'll just have to make do until they get here" she said.

"I think we can probably hit up the pharmacy in the airport," Luke said, taking up his own bag, "grab a few essentials before we go and check in."

"Good idea," Patty said, "and maybe after we can get another set of clothes. These will likely be soaked with sweat in this heat."

"At least we dressed comfortably for the flight, we can get the most out of these while we need to," Luke said, stepping out of the airport. The humidity hit him like a slap in the face. He'd heard about it, and could actually smell it while inside the airport. But experiencing the reality of it was something wholly different. His t-shirt felt instantly too thick, almost as if the cloying air trapped against his skin refused to move, no matter what.

"Uh, speak for yourself mister," Patty replied. Once outside, they began to make their way to the taxi rank. "Here, grab this for me." Patty handed her wheeled luggage over to Luke and then began unbuttoning her cardigan. She'd worn it over her singlet to stay comfortable on the flight, but out here in the tropical heat, it had to go. Fast.

"Phew, that's better. Thanks," she said, taking back her bag. As their hands touched, Luke took in the sight of her. She stood slightly shorter than he, her greying shoulder length hair tucked casually behind her ears. An experienced traveller, she'd opted for a white sport singlet under her cardigan, loose track pants and comfortable walking shoes. And while her overall build was slim, she was well endowed - a fact Luke had always been aware of but was now finding it hard to notice anything else. In an effort to maximise her comfort, and assuming she'd have her luggage at hand immediately, she'd foregone wearing a bra for the flight. And while the singlet wasn't so loose as to reveal any flesh, it was just loose enough not to be obscene.

Blissfully, the interior of the taxi was air conditioned, and the 30 minute drive to their hotel was pleasant enough. Luke chose to focus more on the scenery outside than anything distracting inside the taxi, but it was a hard won battle. Pulling up to their hotel, they were shocked as they stepped back out into the heat. Luke couldn't believe it was already so warm and so humid this early in the day. The couple quickly grabbed their bags and hurried into the next air conditioned oasis of the hotel lobby.

----------

"Unfortunately, your room isn't ready yet. Check in isn't till this afternoon. But you're more than welcome to leave your bags at reception. Feel free to use our pool too, or alternatively head across the park to the hawker market for some late breakfast or lunch."

The Receptionist at the hotel looked barely out of school, but his attitude hinted at years of customer service experience.

"Yeah, thanks, but I don't think we'll be swimming just yet without our bags. We'll head out first and come back after lunch." Luke then turned to his mother and said, "Food first, or shops?"

"Food," she said with raised eyebrows, "I'm starving after those airplane rations. Besides, I don't want to be dragging shopping bags around while we figure out what to eat." She poked him in the ribs and said, "Plus, you need to get some meat on these bones. I remember you used to get so cranky when you were hungry."

"Hangry, mum." Luke laughed as he led her outside again.

"What?" she replied.

"It's called 'Hangry.' A mix of both hungry and angry. And yeah, I used to get hangry when I was, like, 15. Growing boys and all that. Now, I'm certainly more middle aged and middle weight." He said, emphasising his stomach.

Truth be told, Luke was fairly fit. Between being single and working an easy office job, he had plenty of time to hit the gym or go for a run. He probably felt fitter now than he did in his teens.

Patty shook her head. "Don't be modest, Luke, you know I'm just having you on. I know you've been doing those park runs every week for a while now. Very impressive."

Luke shrugged as they made their way across the park. It wasn't a big park, but still would take them a few minutes to cross. Lush trees with verdant bushes dotted the landscape, the thick grass cut through with a concrete footpath that led from the hotel side out to the market.

"Maybe we can go for a run around this park while we're here," he said.

Patty laughed, and the sound genuinely pleased him.

"There are a hundred other things I'd rather do than run around in this kind of heat. Just walking is making me sweat like a pig. We've only been out here for a second and look at me!"

She stopped and held her arms out as if to present herself. Her skin glistened with beads of sweat, her face was flushed and her singlet was starting to soak. Luke stopped and turned to her.

"I don't know what you mean mum. You look fine," he said. "In fact, you look as energised and lively as I've seen you since, well... you know." What Luke failed to mention though was that the more energised she looked, the harder it was for him to ignore the fact his mother was a beautiful woman.

Patty dropped her arms and smiled at him. "Thanks, Luke." She started walking again and said, "It has been a long time since I've felt like myself again. I suppose getting away from home and going somewhere so different does help."

"And dealing with lost luggage and uncomfortable heat is a good way to reset I suppose. Fresh problems and new perspectives and all that," Luke replied.

Patty smirked with a raised eyebrow. "My, my. A philosopher too, hmm?"

It was moments like these that Patty couldn't understand why her son was still single. She had always found him effortlessly charming, handsome without being rugged, and possessed of an endearing mix of soft self-deprecation and quiet confidence. He was the sort of person who could talk to anyone regardless of station or rank, put them at ease and make them feel welcome. Why no able bodied woman had yet snatched him up was beyond her.

They reached the market and browsed the stalls, both mother and son simply enjoying the chance to spend time together. Patty had always been a fairly self-reliant person, and that hadn't changed after losing her husband. But the trade off for that was that she often felt she couldn't easily reach out to Luke. It wasn't that there was a wall between them. But more like if a river was the border between nations - in places and at times, the river would rise and the gap between them would grow; other times the water would drop and the border would almost disappear. The space between them had risen and fallen with their respective challenges these last few years. But at least here, on a warm mid afternoon, far from home, that boundary was starting to shrink again.

But a mere six months ago, things had been a little different.

----------

Holly, Luke's cousin, was getting married at a country manor house. It was a whole weekend event, with some of the family invited out there not only for the function, but to stay for the weekend too. Patty was sharing a room with her sister Abigail, the mother of the bride. Luke was in another room with Holly's brother, Tom. All members of the family had enjoyed the major holidays together over the years, and while not the closest of families, they had always been involved in each others lives. Patty's independent streak hadn't really put an end to that, but it had given any gatherings a coldness to them. Understandably, she was grieving in her own way, but sometimes it was hard for both Holly and Abigail when their offers to help or support Patty were declined. They knew that even if she wasn't saying it, she was hurting.

But Luke also knew that she would come back to them in her own time. And he had fielded many conversations with his aunt and cousin since his father died, assuring them that he would keep an eye on her, and not to worry. He had faith that she'd pull herself through this, and she just needed some space and time.

That was another reason why Patty admired her son. He respected her enough to let her navigate her grief her own way, but was still doting enough to check in on her almost every week. As much as she loved her family, it simply wasn't helpful that they felt the need to support her. And the additional guilt she felt for not opening up to them was something that made it harder for her to grieve properly. But once Luke stepped in, things calmed down, and for that she was eternally grateful for him. In her heart though she knew that her reluctance to reach out or confide in her family had begun to drive a wedge between them, and she knew she would need to begin repairing those relationships soon, lest they wither away entirely. The stay at the manor house was the perfect opportunity to take those first steps together.

Luke knocked gently on the door to the room his mother was sharing with his aunt, and listened for a response. He waited for a few seconds before turning the handle and pushing the door open just slightly.

"Mom?" he called out. Again, no reply was forthcoming. He opened the door and stepped inside, but found the room empty. Suddenly the door to the en suite bathroom opened and Patty stepped out. She had her hair pulled up and wrapped in a towel, and she was still fixing it up as she walked into the room. But besides the towel, she was completely naked. In the moment that it took her to exit the bathroom and take a few steps toward the bed, the image of her perfect naked form was seared into Luke's memory. From the slope of her neck, the firmness of her stomach, the rounded curvature of her slim waist and her wide hips, to the taper of her long legs. But as she had her hands up adjusting the towel, her breasts were on full display, swaying as she walked. The pendulous orbs hung down from her chest, capped with delicious looking red nipples atop large areolas. They seemed to sway in slow motion for the few steps she took, mesmerising him.

But like a bubble bursting, so the spell ended abruptly once Patty noticed someone was standing in the room. She gave a yelp of surprise and brought her hands down to cover herself.

"Luke?! What are you doing?"

Luke looked away and closed his eyes, but said, "Mom, I came up here to tell you, Aunt Abi wants you to wear the black dress for tonight, and then you can save the other dress for tomorrow." The words seemed to tumble from his mouth as he desperately tried to explain his predicament. "She knows it's a pain to wear, but it would go better with the other outfits tonight and the other dress will work better tomorrow anyway." By then he'd fully turned around from the bathroom, but still had his eyes closed. "I knocked, but I didn't hear anything so I came in. And then you came out. Sorry."

He could hear her shuffling and walking around behind him for a minute before she came up to him and tapped him on the shoulder. He opened his eyes and turned around. She still had her hair up, but was now wearing a plain bathrobe.

"You gave me quite a scare, standing there like some burglar. But -" she said, holding up her hand as Luke opened his mouth to speak, "I understand. Thank you for coming up here to let me know. I suppose I should apologise to you, having now traumatised you with the image of my frumpy old body." She turned and headed back to the wardrobe. "Now head on out," she continued, "I've got to get dressed."

Luke closed the door to the room, but he was in shock. Not only had he just got an eyeful of his naked mother. He'd gotten an eyeful of his amazingly hot naked mother, and now couldn't get the image out of his mind. And worse than that, he had the biggest erection that he had ever had in his life. It was rock hard and straining in his underwear, the pressure of it almost some otherworldly force that wanted to rip it's way out of his pants and smash the door down. He breathed a heavy sigh, the weight of the moment finally settling in on him. And with a brief moment of clarity and self-awareness, he also realised one final thing. He was now really fucking horny. So horny, that in a house full of people, where he was sharing a room with another guy, in the middle of the afternoon, when everyone was up and getting ready for a big dinner, he was now considering trying to find some hidden corner where he could have some privacy to relieve himself. The absurdity of his train of thought hit him like a cold splash of water, and he headed off to his room to get ready as well.

That night was a pre-wedding family dinner, but for all it's casual air, it still turned out to be a fairly rowdy party. The venue, the food, the drinks, all added to the frivolity and before long, the music was up and everyone was having a go at adding to the playlist. A few tables of games were set up in the corner of the ballroom, and extra food was roasting on the firepit outside. Luke found himself nursing another beer while Tom stoked the fires under the meat in the firepit. The conversation between them and the other young bucks was diverting, and Luke had lost count of the number of drinks he'd had.

Suddenly Holly ran past him, giggling madly, her own girl posse chasing after her. She grabbed Luke's hand, pulled him up in front of her and said, "Help me cousin! They're after me. They've already tricked Beth - convinced her she's drunk and should go to bed. But not me!" She stood on her toes to look over Luke's shoulder at her laughing pursuers and yelled, "The night is young!"

With that, she grabbed Luke's hand again and ran back into the ballroom, still laughing. Luke managed to guide her to a table where he could set his drink down without spilling it, before she said, "Come on Luke, dance with me." And before he could protest, she was pulling him to the dancefloor. But as they stepped up, the song changed to a slow number. Without missing a beat, Holly turned and took Luke's hand in her own as a waltz position, even though there was no way she'd be waltzing in her condition. He laughed and led her through a simple shuffle.

"You know, we haven't really had a chance to talk much this weekend." Holly chimed. "I know we've been super busy with organising and getting ready, but really we should be doing more hanging out together. We're supposed to be family after all."

"Well, like you said, when in the last day and a half have you had more than a minute to yourself."

"Hmm," she looked up, pantomiming deep thought, "probably not until just now, here on the dancefloor with you. It's been mental, cousin. I thought I had everything ready to go so there'd be no mucking about this weekend, but no, so many things just need to go tits-up at the last minute!"

Her mention of tits brought back a memory in Luke of a very nice pair of tits he'd seen very recently.

"Well don't worry about it Holly," he replied. "Old Tom's been looking after me so far, and you know your mum and mine have been pretty inseparable too. So it's all good."

Holly thumped her fist against his chest, index finger pointed up at his face. "That's what I wanted to talk to you about. Your mum! Do you think it would be too soon to try introduce her to some fine older gentlemen who'll be here tomorrow?"

My God, Luke thought, she must be really drunk. No way she'd openly ask me that now just like that. At the very least, she'd try and lead into that kind of discussion. Normally she'd be quite proper and diplomatic, but like anyone, when inebriated, the shackles come off.

"Um," he began, "I don't really think it would be a good idea Holly. At least, not yet."

She scrunched her face up in disappointment. "Oww, but she's such a catch. And I know, she's still missing your dad - God rest his soul - but I'm just hoping she's not spending too much time on her lonesome, you know? Lady like that shouldn't have to be alone for so long."

Luke laughed, "She's not alone, Holly. I see her at least once a week, and you and your mum were practically hounding her. Just give her time. She'll start checking her options when she'd good and ready."

Holly smiled, but there was a mischievous glean in her eye. "Well, at the very least, I know the old blokes would be down for a bit of action with her, if she's up for that!" She winked, or at least tried to.

"Oh my God, Holly!" Luke protested, "Just stop, alright?" He laughed, but also stopped dancing. "Don't pressure her. If anyone takes her fancy, let her decide if she wants anything."

"What are you two up to?" came a voice from the bar.

Luke turned to see his mother, drink in hand, had made her way up to them. The black dress was a simple item, more a cocktail dress than anything else. But it flattered her body wonderfully. By the way she spoke, and by the slight glaze in her eyes, Luke presumed she was moderately drunk already.

"Oh, just catching up, Aunt Pat. Keeping the seat warm for you!" and with that, she handed Luke off to his mother.

Patty took his hand while setting her drink down on a nearby table. Once done, she swivelled around and stood before her son. Instead of a formal slow dance, she came right up to him and wrapped her arms around over his shoulders, and felt his hands come to rest on either side of her waist. They were practically joined at the hip.

"I'm sorry we haven't been able to spend much time together, Luke," she said. "I've been meaning to catch up with you, with everyone. There's so much to say now, but also nothing left to say."

Luke was worried she was getting melancholic as well as drunk, but suddenly she perked up.

"What I mean is, there's still so much fun to be had together! With Abi, with all my other friends - and with you!" She gently grabbed his head, looking deep into his eyes. "My darling boy, who's been my guardian these last few years. Thank you!"

decoy88
decoy88
76 Followers