Truce Ch. 08

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I let myself speak silently, but sharply towards one the friendliest co-worker I had next to Radio, the one that made excellent points, shaking her to the core with facts I tried not to think about, lest they compiled into one big complaint that would've turned to anger, if other negative emotions didn't reach the surface too. Somewhere inside, I felt even Meredith was shocked by my words, and I felt slight relief as she noted that none of my complaints applied to her, deep down. She was certainly right about inspiring passion, I let myself smile inwardly.

She remained stunned and nearly hurt; both of did, enough so that we didn't notice the twins being hit with tranquilizer darts from behind until they were down. My wounding words made Copula's reaction time slow enough that one tranq dart kept her from flexing anything, psychically or mentally.

A random burst of Hier-half working to my advantage for once got me to dash out of the way of more darts fired at me from Hierguild goons. I got a few of them, using one as a human shield before tossing them around and using their own guns against them. Before I could get the last one, an opaque spray from out of nowhere hit me in the face. I coughed hard, trying to fight the substance that hit my face. Even my Hier-half couldn't breathe hard enough against the strong chloroform substance choking consciousness out of me. My last sights was to Toxic walking up to me, a sadistic grin on his face, and a raised boot over my head, dropping me directly into unconsciousness, and a hazardous future ahead.

12