All Comments on 'Trucker Mother'

by ronde

Sort by:
  • 27 Comments
Tx77TumbleweedTx77Tumbleweed5 months ago

Nice story. This one has interesting possibilities for a followup if they decide to tie the knot in the future.

Rainyday493Rainyday4935 months ago

Sweet and sensitive story. Thank you.

Mike9947Mike99475 months ago

Nice, very nice

Ravey19Ravey195 months ago

Thought it would be a little longer as they worked to and through marriage and possibly even having children and by then they could be running their own company???

Another excellent story.

Niceguy2000Niceguy20005 months ago

On my cross country car trips I stop all Love's all the time I'd see the truckers and envy them a little.

Once I stopped at the huge I-80 truck stop in Iowa, they say it is the world's largest. It seems to be the size of a Wal Mart.

Lots of food choices, clothes, hardware truck parts stores, showers. Even a doctor and dentist office...another world.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

10 stars! Sandy needs her "husband" to give her a big belly. She comforted that young girl like a mother,so she may be happy experiencing motherhood!

OvercriticalOvercritical5 months ago

There are a lot of trucker stories on Literotica and I kind of like them all. In this case I wonder how the two of them will live on one income where they had two incomes before. I know they don't have twice the expenses and they can probably earn together more than one driver alone because of the double set of driving allowances, but still they have to consider their finances carefully. It also seems strange not to have a home...and children...and can they do this for decades? Still a good read. 4*

acupacup5 months ago

Could have filled the end in a bit more, but still good.

Oh, the truck stops provide towels and wash clothes... well as long as the flakey drivers don't steal them. I carry spares just in case, but rarely need them.

WantingToWriteGoodWantingToWriteGood5 months ago

Excellent story as well as a glimpse into the life of a trucker. The construction information was also impressive. Well done.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Ronde, another great story, and I mean a real story. Love the characters.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

GREAT story but too short.

WilCox49WilCox495 months ago

Once again, you awe me with the things you write knowledgeably about. In this case, I knew a very few things (and some others are obvious), but there's a lot of detail there. The romance works very well, and it's very well told.

.

Yes, stupid managers who don't want to spend the necessary money but blame cost overruns on the on-site guys are definitely around. I haven't worked construction, but I've seen it in other areas. The whole story hangs together. Thank you!

-- Wil Cox

lAnatomistelAnatomiste5 months ago

What Ravey19 Said.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

The whole first page was long winded. Confusing who was "talking" and who to?

PurplefizzPurplefizz5 months ago

Excellent story, I’ve worked for decades on the periphery of the construction industry and so I get what Ronde was writing about most of the time, it made the story better from my pov, but I’m glad it was Ronde and not me trying to describe a over-centre load tensioner and it’s operation, let’s just say the next time I see the pipe used to tighten one of those catch serious air won’t be the first. Ignoring the technical side of the story, it was fairly simple, but that’s the catch, wrapping the “Boy meets Girl” up in something different and in that this one works fairly well, there’s enough to keep our interest going even though we know early on what the end will be like, the real kicker would be when one of their bio-clocks times out and wants kids and/or a home, it’s a shame the story didn’t incorporate that aspect of a life on the road, as it’s a very real part of our lives and hardship for those of us that don’t work in one place day to day.

Many thanks for writing and posting, cheers, Ppfzz. 4⭐️

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bc5 months ago

Enjoyed it but not one of your best. I was hoping a little more complex plot than that. 4.4*

Boyd PercyBoyd Percy5 months ago

Great story but I hoped for a little more!

5

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbiman5 months ago

good story, actually very believable.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Another very good story, Thank you.

linnearlinnear5 months ago

As always a wonderful story.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

I never get tired of sweet love stories especially when they are this well told.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

thank u so very much thrilled by ur story transient n timeless in a gaily drifting dancing leaf cloud way nothing jarring unsettling unwelcome in ur choice of vocab etc enhances lifts the mood hopes wonder making me want to dwell savour the etherial space created by ur beautifully worded tale

sincerely wish u a truly outstanding Christmas n years ahead

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Sandy was 6 years older. That isn't much difference. My wife is eight years older than me and is a wonderful, caring wife. I couldn't imagine life without her!

LechemanLecheman3 months ago

Age difference, schmaa!

My wife is thirteen years younger and it has never affected us.

As I have always understood the cliché - Different strokes for different folks rings so true.

Loved the story.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

I was disappointed they didn’t make a short stop at his former construction site where he supervised Nate. I would have liked the interaction.

Earle

rbloch66rbloch66about 1 month ago

This story was sweet and had a good flow to it. I’ve never noticed an age difference being an issue; maybe it is to some. It’d be more of a big sister vibe than a mom vibe.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userronde@ronde
Women tend to be the central characters in my stories, because I find their complex personalities to be fascinating. My stories come from my life experiences or the thoughts inspired by people I have met. I am an avid fan of history and especially the history of the America...

story TAGS