All Comments on 'True Lies - Redux Ch. 04'

by justbobkc

Sort by:
  • 30 Comments
LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggalmost 8 years ago
Hard work is evident by author, action scenes are credible / competent by Loving Wives standards and yet ....

This story has muscle and ambition but doesn't have a heart . The original ' True Lies ' was about how a husband and wife falling into a rut by hiding their dreams, then rediscovering each other.. It was fantastic to see Jamie Lee Curtis's eyes widen when Arnold goes Yosemite Sam on terrorists. "

Conversely when Arnold gets lapdance of a lifetime from his heretofore housemouse spouse who was in full-on frump mode about ten minutes before entering hotel suite ... well groins twitched involuntarily en masse. Jennifer seems to have usurped Rachel's role as Jim's equal .

Jim still misses Rachel ? There's no apparent reason for nostalgia at all. Rachel from " Friends ' was equally self absorbed and shallow , but at least Ross could cite that the two had kid together if someone asked" why exactly don't you ditch the bitch" .

Justbobkc has a lot of sweat equity in story. Exotic locales , plotting billionaire and party drugs are in the mix. But so far I need a reason to care about which ideology grounds and pounds the other. . Call me old fashioned.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
RAAC

I see RAAC coming yuck

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Corporal?

There is no rank of Corporal in the USAF.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
justbobkc typical story

he like RAAC s....- 1*

tazz317tazz317almost 8 years ago
THE SPOOKS ALWAYS HAVE A GREAT TALE

if not they make one up and improvise; TK U MLJ LV NV

CrkcpprCrkcppralmost 8 years ago
A little swashbuckling in LW

Well , this is getting exciting.

Looking forward to the next installment .

4*'s

P.S. I was about to say that Tokarev's are 7.62by25's , but I googled it , and it turns out there are 9mm ones. I learned something new today.

leviayersleviayersalmost 8 years ago

getting better and better 5

impo_61impo_61almost 8 years ago
The story keeps unrolling...

The story keeps unrolling...Sure this part was only spy action (even the fucking) but it keeps going to its ultimate goal: What will happen to this married couple? maybe she can be a good secret agent as Jamie Lee Curtis character in "True lies"...She likes to fuck and will be as good as Jennifer in that department...3* for now...

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 8 years ago
How Many More Parts?

I don't want to start this until I can read it without having to RE-read to refresh my memory on earlier parts.

rnebularrnebularalmost 8 years ago
Can't wait for the next one

I know how tedious and time consuming it is to keep a series going, but am anxiously awaiting the confrontation with the wife. Keep up the great work. 5*

wryfanwryfanalmost 8 years ago
One major error...

Bill and Pete both laughed. "Nah, it's OK. It'll just be written off as another unfortunate border clash when one side or the other's patrol inadvertently strayed over the border. It happens quite a bit and Iraq and Iran still don't get along all that well. Iran helping ISIS as much as they are keeps the enmity going. Iran eventually thinks it will totally take Iraq over anyway - when "Allah wills it." No use fighting another war right now - not when Iran has much bigger fish to fry and seems to be successfully cooking."

ISIS is a Sunni group and vehemently anti Iran and Shia sect!

cap5356cap5356almost 8 years ago
love the suspence

love how u got so much suspense in this story with all the twists and turns in it. will they be able to bring down crayson? be able to stop him before it's to late? and will he get back with is wife and live happily ever after with her? hope the next chapter comes out soon

Pappy7Pappy7almost 8 years ago
Good writing so far and

I'm not going to speculate on the direction we are headed. I'm just going to ride along on this one. Thanks for the effort.

patilliepatilliealmost 8 years ago
Meandering at novel pace

but managed to hold my interest thus far. You tell a good tale with the details of poor man's Tom Clancy. Would love to know how you know some of this stuff, just research or do you talk to people in the "industry"?

RhomanovRhomanovalmost 8 years ago
****

Good multi chapter pace. Looking forward to the next chapter.

Richie4110Richie4110almost 8 years ago
Lovin' it!

Looking forward to the next page.

Thanks for sharing your talent

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
USAF corporal?

Curious what rank you were referring to since my time in the USAF, they didn't have corporals. Otherwise, I am impressed at your command of the military action which seems spot on. Can't wait for more chapters. 5 stars.

justbobkcjustbobkcalmost 8 years agoAuthor
Chapter 5

I just submitted.

This one is pretty much all Rachel. Her background. Her feelings and her thinking.

Again - 3 Lit. pages worth (17 pages in my googles doc app.)

I'll try to respond to some specific comment questions and criticisms:

I TRY not to write simplistic women characters. All the women I've ever known personally in my life - from my mother to my 4 wives - have ALWAYS been pretty darn complex. Unfortunately, at least a few commenters think I'm failing at this. Oh well. I'll keep trying.

There will probably be 3 or even 4 more chapters. I seem to be stuck at this kind of novella length in my writing at this time. It's going pretty fast right now as I'm finishing each chapter in just a couple of days. It will PROBABLY still end seeming "rushed" to some of my readers - and way too long to the others.

And I AM actually working - reworking - my Special Weapons and Tactics story into a slightly longer version to self-publish on Amazon...I know at least DQS did the same!

And it's always in the back of my mind now I might do the same with this story. :-)

Where does my knowledge come from? Google, baby, Google! OK, I'm an older dude and I've been a reader my entire life and maybe have a bit of an eclectic self-education right now. Before the Web existed as it does now, I MIGHT be able to write something like this with the same level of some factual detail - but it would probably take weeks per chapter just sitting in my local library. But probably not.

Just google "hotels in Tehran" and think how that so up to date info could even BE in a library 20 years ago. Pretty amazing this "information age."

I do not have any insider info. IIRC, Tom Clancy really did include "secret" information in his classic "Red Storm Rising" WW3 fantasy - specifically the existence of "stealth" aircraft and specifically the F117. That really was still a classified secret when he wrote it. He had definite inside info, it would appear. Alas, I do not. I might invent something like that - but even if I did and it turned out to be true - that would be pure coincidence.

Thanks again to everyone reading!

bruce22bruce22almost 8 years ago
Nice Action Chapter

Now we can go back to analyzing why a married woman would decide to give it up.

Very interesting so far.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Happy for you that so many like it. I think the action is mediocre and the romance is LAME.

If he still loves Rachel then he deserves every ounce of shit she fed and dumped on him. And it then does make sense why he married her to begin with: he's stupid and suffers from low self-esteem. In the deep darkness of what little brain he has, he knows he does not deserve a loving respectful intelligent wife. He knows that he is a lowly worthless excuse for a man, and he needs to accept that undeserving rubes like him must be subservient and grateful for whatever crumbs of attention and fake sex a beautiful sexy woman might disdain to throw him. Rachel is not his Kryptonite. That would imply that he is otherwise Superman. No, Rachel is just a presumptuous spoiled grasping whore, and Jim is her Kotex. He will passively accept whatever flows from her faithless betraying cunt, soaking it up as best he can, eventually to be discarded when some other fresh Kotex wannabe cuckboy strikes her curiosity.

Just lame and pathetic. Please, at least let him die an honorable death trying to save Yasmine or Darius. He'll be committing character suicide if he reconciles with Rachel. But that may be just what you want. Be sure to add cuckold to the tags.

LickideesplitLickideesplitalmost 8 years ago
Maybe things have changed ...

But I think the rank of Airman Second Class (equivalent to Corporal) is still the designation in the USAF. Also, I have traveled cross-country in a Lear-sized USAF executive jet and there was NO steward on board. The two Brigadier Generals got their own sandwiches and sodas out of the cooler, and invited me to do the same.

Agree with WryFan about ISIS and Iran! Iran DOES subsidize a lot of Shi'a terrorism and polital disruption activities and organizations!

Liked it anyway, but also agree with LSD that it is hard to understand Hubby being unable to process that Sweetie was quick and determined to upgrade for financial and social status reasons. If not this 'shade of Gray' then certainly another. Hubby is just a standby 'comfortable and convenient' way to get her ashes hauled. Hard to believe a guy like him tolerating the role of occasional 'on-call' fuck-buddy! He CANNOT expose his true identity to her without immediately LOSING that identity! Sweetie is unlikely to be acceptable to The Agency as an knowledgable partner (a la JL Curtis,) and, anyway, just as unlikely to attempt such a transition!

This is a corner into which Just (Plain) Bob in Kansas City has very careful painted himself. As an old-timey Saturday Matinee serial lover, I wait with bated breath to see whether JBKC uses a chain saw, helicopter, or antigrav device to get outta that corner!

5* so far

icebreadicebreadalmost 8 years ago
Yep.

Looking forward to the next one. Thank you for your very good work. I'm impressed.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Please Don't

No RAAC here. Please. Not because I'm totally against it. But it would go against the characters as you've written them. Rachel doesn't regret cheating on her Jim, she just regrets who she chose to cheat on him with. If it was a wealthy and powerful senior partner or lobbyist who loooooved her, she'd have no qualms about dumping Jim. My fear is that you'll have Jim reveal his secret identity, Rachel will see that Jim was the strong, masculine, adventurous husband all along, and RAAC occurs. Problem is that if Jim goes along with it, he becomes just the opposite.

We don't need a BTB, but them getting back together just won't be internally consistent.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
USAF Ranks

As a retired member of the best Air Force in the world, the US Air Force, I can tell you the (1) there is no such rank as Corporal, and (2) there is no such rank (any more) as Airman 2nd Class. Two stripes would be Airman 1st Class. Now, that being settled ... I'm enjoying the hell out of this story - keep it going.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Daft

You should try to read a bit of world news, Iran helping ISIS? I would expect more from a writer, even though only writing smut.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
RAF Lakenheath brings back good memories

Just some Cold War stuff from the 80s. Did my part against the commies from there. Back then the enemy was out in the open and not sneaking around like the Islamic snakes today. Really enjoying this series so far.

MarkT63MarkT63over 4 years ago
Still

John loves the woman who whores herself to Iranians for the government... But he is "In Love" with his whoring slut wife??? This CUCK is truly crazy. John deserves whatever these two women give him. Syphilis, Chlamydiae. HIV. Genital Warts?

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Idiot posters, attention

Rachel is recently an adulteress, but Jim was committing adultery in the "line of duty" throughout the marriage, and he was NEVER honest with Rachel. Show some reading comprehension.

WargamerWargamerover 2 years ago

A good chapter 4/5

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

He's a very sharp guy and I just don't get it hes still in love with a woman as vile as she is.

You must have a mastic expression in the once that.

Again she truly is vile.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous