True Nature Ch. 07

Story Info
Cain becomes distant.
7.2k words
4.63
4.9k
6

Part 7 of the 12 part series

Updated 06/10/2023
Created 06/13/2021
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Hello my beautiful readers!

I just want to apologize for taking so long to update this story! Unfortunately my beta reader (who was also a close friend) died of complications due to Covid recently and I've really been struggling to write. I sincerely appreciate all the comments of support I received for last chapter and believe me, you all are the reason this new chapter was even able to be written. So thank you so much for the continued love and support! I really hope you all enjoy this chapter and will go easy on me with updates during this time and I'm sorry if I missed anything in editing! I will do my best to upload at least one more chapter by Christmas. I will not abandon this story, so please don't worry. I'm just struggling is all. Thank you so much for reading!

Much love! Xx

Fae's Pov:

The rest of the weekend had started out wonderful, at least for me. The alpha and I had showered together, eaten several meals together, he even taught me to how to play a board game called chess, and we had sex several times, although, not as many times as I'd expected an alpha with little experience to have. However, my favorite time of day was, by far, sleeping next to Cain's wolf. Unfortunately, it didn't exactly last that long.

The first night, he'd been awkward about it and decided to shift without telling me. One moment he was in the bathroom, the next he was padding out into the bedroom. His wolf was a bit small for an alpha but I still thought he looked as strong and as fierce as any warrior. His black coat was shiny and beautiful but his eyes were blue and cold and I shivered beneath their intense study. However, this did not mean that his wolf was cruel. On the contrary, his wolf seemed very happy to be around me, which I adored, for I'd never had an enjoyable experience around anyone's wolf before, let alone an alpha.

The wolf playfully used its weight to push me around, before forcing me to flop down on the bed, so that I was seated. At first I was scared, when the large paws touched my chest and the wolf lifted his torso on his hind legs so that he could look into my eyes, but then I experienced something unexpected. As our gaze held, it felt almost as if I'd left my body and, without shifting, I could feel my wolf staring back at our alpha, through my own eyes. I knew Cain felt it too, for he'd stopped wagging his tail and instead had gone very still, watching me with a look that went beyond study and curiosity.

I felt as if he were somehow reading my soul and, though I was tempted to push him away, I stayed just as still as he did. If I really was to give Cain everything, then that included being looked at in a way that made my soul feel exposed. The connection lasted for several minutes but the alpha eventually broke it with a playful lick to my cheek, allowing me to breath again. He then bounded up into the bed, taking up most of it, leaving me to curl myself into a small ball with the rest of the space available to me.

I tried to keep my distance at first. Really I did. I even made sure Cain's wolf had as much space as I could allow without falling off the bed myself but after a few minutes, the wolf whined at me, sounding very put out. I wasn't sure what he wanted, so I tentatively reached over and twisted my fingers into his fur. Cain's wolf hummed happily and I smiled, whispering goodnight to my alpha before finally closing my eyes. Sometime during the night, I ended up having another nightmare but I woke before it ended to the feeling of Cain's wolf burrowing his nose against my chest, and poking at my arms, until I turned towards him and snuggled against his back. After that I did not wake up again until morning, for I had no other nightmares.

The next night, I decided to join him and shifted into my skeletal, dingy wolf form in Cain's tiny bathroom. Luckily, I wasn't that big of a wolf, actually I was smaller than most omega's, and I was able to hop up and onto the sink so that I could look at my wolf in a mirror for the first time. I whined at his reflection, feeling repulsed by how matted and dull my fur looked, not at all like the lovely white coat Ms. Luna claimed I would have. I could see my bones through my thin coat and my eyes looked exhausted but hopeful as I caught a wiff of Cain's scent.

As shocked as I was that I could actually scent him, I was more concerned over what his wolf would think of me. Would his beast decide that I was worthy of him, would he claim me as pack? Or would my wolf turn him off forever? My thoughts were scattered when the object of my affection entered the bathroom without warning.

"I'm guessing you haven't seen your wolf before?" Cain asked as he stopped behind me, letting his rough palm gently pat my head.

I shook my head no, tongue hanging out in pleasure, as Cain began to scratch behind my ears.

"I wish I could fix your coat for you," he murmured and I caught the alpha's sad expression in the reflection of the mirror. "Unfortunately, Frank would probably hurt you over it." Anger painted Cain's features but he continued his gentle touches.

I nodded in agreement and watched as Cain's face grew ever angrier but instead of a rant, he simply said, "Go on to bed pup. I'll be there soon."

I obeyed instantly and the moment I was back in his room, I hopped onto the bed and circled my space before finally settling down. Seconds later, Cain's wolf trotted through the bedroom door and I stilled, barring my neck, hoping to be accepted by the alpha. The dark wolf gazed into my eyes and I was hit with another out of body experience, feeling as if my human form were present in that moment, kneeling before Cain and I whined longingly, crying to be accepted as part of the alpha's pack. However, Cain's wolf backed away from my display, causing my wolf to howl in pain.

Suddenly, Cain shifted back to human form and gathered my wolf into his arms. He gently caressed my back as I shuddered and whined, while waves of rejection rolled over me. I knew my wolf had put too much hope into Cain accepting him, despite never receiving the mating bite. But now he had seen for himself, Alpha would never wanted us forever, in any way. My wolf and I only had now and while that was good, we both knew it would kill us later to be separated from him.

"Oh Fae," Cain muttered sadly, probably scenting my hurt, "I'm so sorry. I should have known better than to shift with you... I know how a wolf without a pack craves that acceptance from an alpha, any alpha. Trust me, I understand, I am, a rogue, after all." When I did not acknowledge his words he continued, "I hate that everything I do reads as rejection! If I could afford to buy you and help set you up so that you could have your own life, I would. You deserve freedom. Frank shouldn't own you, no one should. You deserve to find a real mate and I'm so sorry that I keep hurting you and that I can't do anything more."

I shuddered silently, listening to his pity and hating it.

He was an alpha, my wolf thought. Cain wasn't helpless. He had the power to save us if he really wanted to!

But... he wants to be single. I reminded my wolf.

The only way Cain could help is if he were my mate, which he obviously wasn't. For even I knew it was near impossible for an alpha to refuse his true mate and Cain had refused me easily, time and time again.

My stomach clenched tightly, taking this new level of rejection personally and before I knew it, my wolf vomited on Cain's bed. I instantly shifted back, though it hurt to do so, mortified but unable to do anything to clean up my mess as another wave of nausea hit me.

"Bathroom," I pleaded, before hunching over to further destroy the alpha's sheet's with my sick.

Once I'd finished that round, Cain carefully picked me up and brought me to the toilet, holding my hair back as I emptied the contents of my stomach.

"Are you ill?" Cain asked me, once I'd gone silent, concern clear in his voice.

I shook my head, knowing that this was just my body's way of responding to the continued rejection. I didn't want Cain to feel guilty so I shrugged off his concern and waited quietly while he cleaned up the bed. That night, Cain took me into his arms and held me until I fell asleep. A tiny part of me still dared to hope that this action meant something but the rest of me knew that the alpha was only trying to make up for earlier; his guilt was fueling his actions, not his heart but I tried not to think about that. I slept easily, being so close to the man helped tremendously, but when I woke up alone, I realized that I would be better off to accept the absolute fact that Cain would never change his mind... but like an idiot, I couldn't stop trying to win him over.

********

On the next day, I woke up bright and early, as I planned to wake Cain up with a blowjob. I needed to show Alpha that I was still his, even if he didn't want to form a pack with me. As quietly as possible, I inched my way down under the blankets until my mouth was level with the alpha's underwear clad dick. As gently as I could, I removed the soft member from his boxers and then wrapped my lips around the tip, swirling my tongue around his pee slit and head.

Cain moaned beneath my touches and his breath became uneven as his body stirred.

"Fae..." Cain murmured sleepily as his cock slowly hardened.

Thrilled to hear my name on his lips, I swallowed his cock deeper, letting myself choke every so often. I wanted the alpha to need me, to miss me. I wanted him to think about me when he sent me back!

I jumped suddenly, my teeth clamping down a bit too hard of Cain's cock, when the shrill beep of an alarm went off.

"Shit!" Cain groaned in pain, pushing my small body off of him and the bed.

I landed in a small heap on the floor, entangled in his blankets, but I knelt before him and barred my neck, ready to be punished for biting him. Instead, the alpha ignored me and hurried around the room, getting dressed as quickly as he could while I watched him silently, waiting for his attention.

"Get out of the way omega," Cain scolded in an irritated tone. "I need my shoes! Fuck I'm going to be late! Last night distracted me from setting my alarm! I hope I don't lose my job. Fuck, fuck, fuck!"

I quickly scampered out of his way, hugging the wall with my body, blinking slowly, as I tried to keep from tearing up. All I'd wanted was to please Alpha but I'd hurt him and now I was in the way. I bit my lip painfully, in an effort to keep from sniffling. It didn't really work but, luckily the alpha was too much in his own world to witness my weak display.

"I'm sorry Alpha," I offered softly, feeling useless.

Cain stopped his rushed movements to kiss me on the forehead. "It's fine," he replied but I didn't believe him. Something felt off. "I'll be back around 6 okay? Don't run off while I'm gone."

"Yes Alpha," I'm murmured submissively, wanting to show that I could be good.

Cain quickly let the appartement, leaving me to figure out what to do with myself for nine hours. When I was with Frank, I was never alone. Even if my owner wasn't present, there was always someone hanging around to watch my every move. Not that I could go anywhere when my mouth and ass where always busy... but now, for the first time since I'd been taken, I had hours of time to myself.

*******

By the time clock read 5:00 pm I felt completely drained. I'd spent all day wanting to be of use to my alpha without knowing what I was and wasn't allowed to do. I also didn't know what I was allowed to use. What if there where more "black boxes" that I wasn't supposed to touch?

I felt completely useless and spent most of my time curled up in the bed, where I could catch the faintest trace of Alpha's scent. At first it soothed me, for being away from Cain made my body ache uncomfortably but then I realized that I'd experience this pain everyday at Frank's. Only this time, there would be no trace of Cain to soothe me and I began to cry.

I spent the next several hours crying, to the point that my vision was in a blurred state and my nose was stuffed and sore and my head ached terribly. At one point, I cried so hard that I nearly vomited and then stayed sick for a few hours, so I did my best to calm myself after that. I didn't want Cain to come home to his bed being destroyed again. I didn't want to be a bad pet.

I slowly made my way into the kitchen, hoping I could find something to make Cain for dinner. I felt that I at least needed to do that for him and I hoped he liked it and that my actions would not displease him as I did this morning.

As I cooked and set the table, I allowed myself to hope that Alpha had missed me just as much as missed him. In that vein, I searched lingerie bag that he bought for me, wanting to kneel before him in nothing but pink lace panties. However, when I opened the bag, my heart dropped and I felt fresh tears well up in my eyes again, at the sight of a cheaply made, white lace thong.

"He doesn't care about me," I cried silently to my wolf. "I...I thought maybe he did but... I asked him not to.... Fuck... I'm so stupid...."

I let myself cry a little longer but by the time dinner had finished cooking, I'd dried my eyes and gotten myself together. Now, I knelt close to the front door, naked except for the white thong, waiting for my temporary master. I was, after all, nothing but a prostitute. It was time I remembered my place.

*******

By the time Cain arrived home, the food long gone cold and my legs and ankles ached beneath me but I never broke position. I barred my neck submissively as the alpha entered his home, wondering if I would be punished for this morning's mistakes.

"What are you wearing omega?"

Cain's voice was as tired as it was cold and I shivered, expecting to experience pain in my near future.

"I... I thought you'd like it... I wanted to look nice-"

"Take it off," the alpha growled angrily.

My fingers shook as I quickly rose to pull the thong down my thighs, exposing my naked body to Cain. I handed him the panties and he took them, hooking his thumb around the band, before smacking me across the face with them against his palm. I flushed deeply, enjoying how even though the alpha was rough, he wasn't actually hurting me.

"I didn't buy these for you, Frank did," Cain told me as he slapped.

At his words, I forgot my place and pulled back, disliking the thought of Frank while I experienced pleasure.

"You... you didn't buy them?" I asked, hating how stupid I sounded for needing the words to be repeated.

"You asked me not to," Cain replied, look a bit put out by the question.

I felt warm at the alpha's words, and that night, I allowed myself hope once more, that maybe he did care, at least just a little.

********

Things were different now. All the warmth and closeness I'd experienced with Cain, quickly faded away as the man I wanted to mate became increasingly distant and cold. I wasn't sure what I'd done wrong and I did my best to make Alpha happy; to meet his needs.

Each morning, my thoughts filled with dread and despair when Cain left for work and I spent his absence planning how I would run away, wanting a chance at freedom. However, instead of leaving, each day I walked to Cain's front door, unlocked it and stepped out onto his threshold, only to turn around and wait for the alpha's return, feeling like a failure for being as unable to walk away as I knew my alpha to be.

In the evening, when he returned, we'd have a quick dinner and then Cain would play with me, fuck me or I'd give him a blowjob or something. During those moments of closeness I spent, what time I could, pretending that being with him would never end, only to wake up alone once more each morning. It wasn't that Cain has become cruel, not at all. He was still kind, he still slept in the bed with me for most of the night, he never left me in need, physically or sexually... but... everything was devoid of intimacy. Sometimes I felt as if the alpha was only a shell of the man he'd been days before and he never shifted into his wolf again.

The days drudged on in the same pattern, as uneventful as they were disappointing. I sighed heavily as I reflected on the past few days. It was Thursday morning and I knew I was almost out of time with Cain. Tomorrow morning I'd be sent back to Frank, despite my best efforts to seduce the alpha.

I sighed again as I began to pace across his kitchen floor. I was in love with Cain, he was the only one I wanted as a mate but he'd rejected me. He'd rejected me and I couldn't go back to Frank's! Not tomorrow, not ever! My thoughts became frantic and scattered as the hours past on and my pipe dream of running away loomed before me, nearly out of reach. I looked at the tiny red glow that displayed the time on Cain's stove. 11:30... only six hours until Alpha would be home. Only six more hours until my fate was sealed once more. Only six more hours before my only chance of escape would disappear forever.

Without letting myself think, I turned on my heel and headed straight for the front door. I was going to do it. I was going to leave. I was going to run. I was going to be free and nothing and no one would be able to stop me.

*******

Cain's Pov:

When I came home from work Thursday I could feel myself mentally falling apart. Walking up to my own front door had never been so painful. I knew that tonight was to be my last night with Fae. Hopefully not forever but I wasn't exactly sure how often Frank let Fae spend the night with others. Not to mention, I had so much time with the boy at a discount, so it did occur to me that Frank might not allow us to be alone together for a while. That would be for the best, I reasoned with myself as my hand trembled against the doorknob.

"I can't mate with a prostitute," I muttered to my wolf, hating myself for reducing Fae to that.

My wolf snapped at me. "I should have more experiences," I told him. "And besides, he needs to go back... he... he's never going to be ours."

I ignored my wolf as he growled and snapped within my mind. He had been much quieter and easier to ignore these past few days, since I'd begun to triple my suppressant dosage, but whenever we talked... he reacted badly... so we'd barely communicated since Monday. Leaving me to feel at odds and almost separate from half of my being.

I pulled a small, white pill out from my jacket pocket and stuffed it in my mouth, swallowing it down dry. I needed to be calm, I needed to detach myself from Fae and I couldn't bare to be myself around him, when my wolf could so easily change my mind tonight. I couldn't afford for my mind to be changed. He was going back, that was final.

I finally pushed the door open and noticed how my appartement was dark. Normally, the living room and kitchen lights would be on and Fae would be kneeling for me by the door, only today, he wasn't. Anxious that the omega had run, I quickly turned on all the lights and searched for Fae.

However, to my relief, I didn't have to very look far. Upon entering my bedroom, I found that Fae had, once again, broken into my black box but this time... I couldn't find it in me to be angry with him for that. He simply looked too pitiful. The boy was on his hands and knees with his ankles sloppily but tightly tied to my bed posts. He was wearing the pink dress I'd bought him but the skirt lay up on his slender hips and he wasn't wearing any underwear so that his ass was easily accessible to me. As I walked further in, I noticed that he'd tied one of his wrists to another bedpost but the opposite wrist was free. I walked around the bed so that I could secure his free wrist and at my touch, I heard Fae let out a needy whimper.

I looked down at him and my eyes widened when I saw that the boy had put on my spare makeup. I hadn't realized that I'd left it in my box and I felt a blush spread across my face at the sight of his messy efforts. However, when I noticed the black tear tracks that the mascara had left down his cheeks, my wolf tried to nudge me into feeling concerned.

12