All Comments on 'Trust'

by demander

Sort by:
  • 115 Comments (Page 2)
AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Good story until the swap test. Yes it was clearly set up or instigated by Joe to see her reaction and she passed. The raw emotions as soon as she comes home and knows he left her was quite impressive. They are both extremely intelligent people. Their dialog when they came back was fraught with emotion and nuance. Btw normal conversations between people in intense discussion with strong emotional drama are often stilted. The reverse the long uninterrupted soliloquies and polished dialog is unrealistic in such situations. Look she was tempted. He didn't even try to stop her. He left. She saw he had gone and knew she had screwed up badly. She cancelled her trip and fired James and did what she could to get him to come back. Every day they spent together before the end wss a.blessing to her. And it wasn't jsut the sex, but that was a strong tie that she coukd reinforce. As she realized later, if they split what woukd they have. Her side was telling. It was the flirtation and thr fantasy that got her in trouble. The actual sex while maybe exciting at first would pale to what she list with Joe leaving her. Not to mention the emotional aspects of their marriage. She would never find anyone better. And she owned up to what she did. The real challenge was he breached trust which given his experiences wa the most he had ever given anyone. Expiring that wss nigh impossible. If she had screwed James, she would have been divorced with no way back. As it was it was very nearly no way back. In the end he decided he would never find anyone better for him either. Swap test came off as anticlimactic but rest was written well and engaging.

Helen1899Helen18999 months ago

For goodness sake it's a story, no wonder those last two comments were anons. If they had posted their names they would have been laughed out of lit by everyone that knew them. I like another anon. wanted to gives it 4.5 because it ended rather hurriedly for my liking, but it was worth more than 4 so like the same anon I gave it 5. I will try another story by this author and be harder with my markings, harder but still fair.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

@Helen1899: You might not want to accept this, but Anons can be people too. I agree with the Anonymous poster. The story was well written and engaging but the swap test was anticlimactic. Don't see why assigning 4 stars to this story means the person woukd be laughed at on this site. Personally I give it a 5 only because I can look past the silly swap test. Just like I can look past your large ego.

Russ43ChandlerRuss43Chandler7 months ago

Well developed and paced to create some emotional complexity. Loved it. Thanks. 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

It's what readers like myself hope for when we start reading a story.A good realistic,entertaining tale, I enjoyed it because of that...5 stars...JZK

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

"He had to risk it with her. He knew she could kill him, but that was a chance he had to take." He should have voiced this to her letting her know his life was in her hands. There would never have been a greater way for her to understand what he was giving her.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

I liked it. One thing I don't understand about this and many similar stories is why no post-nup? They could still swap if both agreed to it, but a post-nup would increase the possible losses for the betraying spouse.

SeaChangerSeaChanger4 months ago

I give it 5* because the author went monogamous !

Calico75Calico753 months ago

When the swingers showed up, I thought the story would end poorly. I hate stories that end in threesomes or swinging. This one ended well. Good job!

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

She also knew that she'd have absolutely no shot at a return to some sort of marriage if she actually had sex with James. She still wanted to do that. But she was not going to do it.

====> most spouses who have just been outed and their affair derailed, either while in progress or before it is consummated, would not still say they "still wanted to do it", if they gave a damn about their marriage. Usually their feelings for their obsession woukd turn to utter sh$t as they shareable to save their marriage and assuage their guilt. Hence it was "gracious" of her to decide to f$ck James after Joe departed and left their house.

That being said, it is one of the author's best stories as with exception of the swap test, it comes off as quite realistic. Wife got entitled, afraid of losing her desirability as she aged once an empty nester, James seduced her with a slow touch, and she had a serious brain fart. I didn't mind the swap test, they passed, just seemed somehow not in rhythm. Was a unique relationship given his past. Glad they worked it out, but it was more about Joe realizing she was rhe best he could do and he would continue to trust, but verify. 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Monday train to NYC. Wednesday train back. "It was only for the weekend" Where do they live that the weekend is Monday to Wednesday?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Thought you were going off the rails again at the end, but you pulled them back from the brink.

deependerdeepender27 days ago

Good stuff. Thank you.

desecrationdesecration18 days ago

"I love you, too. Isn't that worth the risk?" The cynic says, not anymore.

NoBullAlNoBullAl1 day ago

The only thing Joe can do is “TRUST BUT VERIFY”!!

It wouldn’t hurt for him to get a complete physical examination if he blanks out from stressful situations!!

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous