Trust

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

She finally said, "Well, if that was it, it was a spectacular ending."

He looked at her, with her hopeful face. He said, "Yep. We always had that...maybe not so intense. But...I don't know. I have a lot to consider, and so do you."

"Okay. That's true. I want to say that, even though I know how you are, I'll never fuck up again."

He smiled at her. "They always...you mean that...now. I'm going for a walk. I'll be back. No need to follow me."

Joe was gone for three hours. He walked, jogged, walked. He tried to analyze what it would be like if he stayed in the marriage. He knew that he'd always mistrust Ann. Maybe right at this moment she would be true to her vows. Maybe. But, say two or three years down the road some other guy attracted her. She'd have been in a marriage where all her moves were suspect. She might want out. She might try another subterfuge. He would have to protect himself against such a thing, which he believed was a distinct possibility. It would have to be emotional protection. He'd have to harden his heart to her, and treat her like....a friend with benefits. One who might leave at any time.

He did not believe that he would be capable of doing that with her. With some other woman, yes. Not with Ann. They had too much history. Too much....love. That's what he had to protect himself from. Love. You love someone, they fuck you over. Every time.

Meanwhile, Ann was pondering her situation. She tried thinking as if she were Joe. The Joe she knew. What would he be weighing?

Her line of reasoning generally paralleled Joe's. A feeling of dread began to creep into her, and she found that she was crying. He was going to leave her.

She fought off her depressed feeling and thought about what it would be like if Joe decided to stay in the marriage. That line of thought put her right back into a depressed state. It would be like being in a straight jacket. Free floating suspicion. And she was unsure if she could live like that. Her analytical core was telling her to run.

Joe came back, in a sweat. He closed the door. Ann was sitting on the couch, facing him. They looked at each other.

Joe said, "I need a shower." He started past her. But Ann stood up and stepped in front of him.

She said, "I know you've decided to leave."

He nodded.

She said, "Remember when we first met? How tentative we were? Both of us."

"Yeah. So?"

"We just kept plunging ahead. It was because we could see how well we fit. I overcame my....coldness. You overcame your fears. All so gradual."

"Well, the children helped. That won't happen again."

"We're thinking about what continuing would be like. Neither of us like it. But what would it be like if we split?"

Ann gently pushed Joe onto the couch and sat across from him.

"I'd never find another man that fits with me as well as you. And I'd have bad sex."

Joe said, "You were looking forward to sex with James."

Ann looked down. "Yes. Maybe to start he'd have been okay. But you and I have had it for years. Even today. We'd both miss it."

"Okay. I have to agree. But, Ann, sooner or later...."

"I won't, Joe. But, I know you don't accept that. Still, what about you? You'd never trust any woman. I mean after this."

"Friends with benefits. No need for trust."

"I could be that for you."

"No. I thought about it. It wouldn't work."

Ann frowned. "Because...?"

"I love you. So, you could hurt me again, like everyone else."

"Oh. I love you, too. Isn't that worth the risk?"

"No. Anyway, you couldn't stay with me all the time suspicious."

"I....I could..."

"Yeah. For a while. Face it, I can never trust you, and you'd always know it."

"But, Joe, I....I only want you. Stick around for a couple of days. We can fuck in every room of the house. What do you have to lose - a few days. A week maybe."

He nodded. He said, "Well, let's start right here."

He stayed the week. They had sex two or three times a day. He was in good physical shape, but she wore him down. She was slutty, obsessed. And she won. He stayed another week.

They cooled the sex some. Not much, though. She knew that the sex was a big cornerstone of their entire marriage. Probably the single most important thing. So, she went with her strength.

Joe was not comfortable with what was happening to him. He felt like he was being weak. He was being weak. She was leading him around by his hard dick.

He stayed for a third week. The kids visited on that weekend. So, Joe and Ann confined the sex to their bedroom.

When the kids left, the two of them resumed the room-by-room sex. They both found it very interesting. They did it on the outdoor patio, at night. They liked that, and so it became a regular thing. There were two neighboring houses that were within range to see and hear. Both occupied by younger couples without children.

One Saturday in the second month that Joe was home from the mountain, their doorbell rang. Joe answered. He saw both young couples outside. He invited them inside.

They were Eldon and Joyce Brown, and Henry and Mauve Blake. The four were all quite attractive. Eldon was a medium complected black man, medium height and build. Joyce was a curvy blond, tall and vivacious. Mauve was a slim, dark-haired beauty. Henry was big, brown haired, brown eyed, and looked strong.

When Ann came out from the kitchen, she offered drinks, and all four had beer. Joe was wondering what the visit was about.

Joyce Brown began the serious discussion. She said, "We, all of us, have become aware of the activities you guys engage in on the patio."

Ann said, "Oh. Well...."

Mauve interrupted. "We don't mind. At all. In fact, I mean, we wondered if you'd like....company."

Eldon said, "No pressure. We like watching. But, it's hot, and we just wondered, you know."

Ann said, "You're all younger. Tell me, do you....consort with each other?"

Mauve said, "Yes. We swap. Maybe once every two weeks. Just us. For now."

Joe said, "What ever made you think that.....we'd do that?"

Joyce smiled. She said, "Well, you do put it right out there. It's kinda kinky, doing it on the patio like that, for us to see."

Ann said, "We thought you couldn't see, you know, because it's dark." She seemed amused, not embarrassed. Joe noticed.

Eldon said, "We heard. One night when we were all together. So I got some night vision things. And, you know, we've seen since then."

Mauve added, "And we liked what we saw, so here we are."

Henry had been largely silent. But now he said, "I have to say that you're both quite fit."

Joe laughed. "Thanks. I...well, I don't believe we can make a decision right now. But stick around a while. We've not really gotten to know you guys since you moved in."

Ann was very surprised when Joe said that. But she went with the flow. She was, even now, far from certain that Joe would be home much longer.

The six had a nice time getting acquainted. Eldon was a music engineer, self-employed. Joyce worked selling houses. Henry was a personal trainer, and, it turned out, had just purchased the gym where Joe and Ann worked out. Mauve had two hair salons. Joe liked them all. They were lively conversationalists, and they laughed a lot.

Ann also liked the four. But she was a little fearful about the entire situation. Her marriage was decidedly not on solid ground. Before her 'mistake' she would have assumed that Joe would turn down a chance to swap, even with these nice people. That was her view of his stance on fidelity. Early on they'd had explicit discussions of it. Now, he hadn't turned them down right off. It made her uneasy. She did find the two guys attractive - especially Henry. So big and strong. But, she was truly petrified at what could happen if she had sex with some other guy, even if it was a swap.

Eventually the four neighbors left, with the invitation still on the table.

When the front door closed, Joe and Ann looked at each other. Ann was determined to say nothing at all that might indicate any willingness to accept their offer. She was frightened.

Joe said, "They seem like nice people. They didn't call the police on us."

Ann smiled, "But they spied."

"There is that. How do you feel about the spying?"

"I...it happened. So, I don't believe I mind so much. It wasn't their fault. Ours, mostly."

"Except for the night vision. But, I admit, I might have done that."

"Me, too." She giggled.

Joe had been hard almost the entire time the four neighbors had been at the house. He moved on Ann. They did it right there in the living room, with her bent over the back of the couch, rubbing her clit on the upholstery as Joe pumped her. After, they relaxed on the couch.

Ann said, "I was so lucky to find you."

Joe said, "Thanks. What should we do about those four?"

"Well, I'll say this, you were hot the whole time they were here. And I got fucked."

"You can always get fucked."

"You want both of those bitches. Don't lie or evade."

"Was I that obvious?"

"Yes. Yes, you were. And both of them knew it."

"What about you, Ann? Because both husbands want to fuck you."

"Oh. Well, I...Jesus, Joe. I'm...."

"Just say what's true, Ann. I understand your reticence."

"They're both attractive. I won't lie. But, I do not believe we should play with them."

"Why?" Joe sincerely wanted to know.

"Because...we could lose what we have. That would be so easy, all things considered. And, Joe, I know I made that mistake, but I love you so much." She started crying.

Joe held her and let her cry. A tenderness toward her filled him. He knew, for sure right then, that she was the best he could ever do. He had to risk it with her. He knew she could kill him, but that was a chance he had to take.

The end.