Trust Loyalty and Respect

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

As Ryan opened the text messaging application, he saw Sandy sitting there with her head in her hands crying and speaking softly, "I'm sorry, I'm sorry. Please forgive me for being foolish and an idiot. I love you Ryan, and there is nobody else."

The texts messages said a different story. The ones that really hit him hard were the ones from Sandy to Bill. "I still love you," was the first one that cut like a knife. "I've missed you," was another one that caused his anger to rise. The rest were what you would expect. They discussed old times, how they missed being together. But the last few messages hit Ryan hard, between the eyes. When she told Billy that her marriage had gotten stale and that she was bored, along with Billy saying that he missed her wonderful pussy and couldn't wait to be united as one, was so painful he wanted to scream. But her reply made him nauseous when he saw a photo of her shaved pussy with the comment, "My little Kitty can't wait!" caused Ryan to shut the phone and throw it on the table in disgust.

"Well, that was eye-opening. Eventually, I will forgive you Sandy, but I won't stay married to anyone I can't trust and by your actions, it's clear that I can't trust you. What I just read is what I had expected, and something I won't allow myself to live with. Maybe your boyfriend can make your life more exciting, and maybe he will take you back now that he knows what he's been missing. Sandy, I will miss you, but I'll find a woman that will want to be exclusive to me and not disrespect me with lies and secrets."

"Ryan, what do I have to do to prove my love for you and change your mind?"

"Nothing. When I saw you walking hand in hand with him, standing there with his arm around you and kissing him, my heart broke. Now, knowing that you were sending photos of your pussy, saying that you still love him, and then telling him you're bored with our marriage, was more than any normal man could take. It's sad, but I feel like our entire time together has been a waste, and I've been nothing but a fool. Working hard, planning a family, taking care of you and our home, only to find you starting up with an ex-lover.

Do you understand that if you had told me the truth when I asked you about your day, how I might have understood? I mean, I can almost understand what you might have wanted to do based on that story. But the problem is that you kept it from me and lied about it. No, I know that if I hadn't found out, you would never have told me. That's the problem, baby. Tell me I'm wrong, and you would have told me all about your date with your ex-lover after you came home. Don't bother, I know the answer already.

Trust, loyalty and honesty are my main values, and you stepped on them without a second thought. You knew how this happened to me in the past, yet you did this without thinking about us. Had you called me and told me what you were doing, I would not have been happy, but I would have let you go and have your lunch.

Now I have to wonder if you've done this before. If we stayed together, I would have to wonder if what you tell me is the truth, what you're doing when I'm not around, and if you're with him, or other men. I can't spend my days with these thoughts, and it's not fair to either of us.

How do I just forget how easily you lied to me? Yes, kissing him and looking sexy for him is troubling, no wedding rings are hurtful, but the lies and deceit are unacceptable. What I do know is that I won't live like that again."

"Ryan, you're right, and I made a stupid mistake. I lied because I knew you would be mad, but I had to do this, even if it was a mistake, I needed some closure. I thought one lunch and I would get my revenge, no harm no foul. But now I see what I have done and for that, I am really sorry. I would never do anything to hurt you, I promise. Can we work on this? I want to be transparent and open like you are. My problem is that I never want to hurt anyone and will avoid that, if possible, but I can now see where not being honest is actually worse."

"Well, honesty and transparency are the only things that could have saved this marriage. But you were not transparent and honest until you were forced to comply. The fact that you wouldn't let me read your text messages until you knew you had no other choice, sealed your fate."

Tears rolled down her face as she sat there, knowing how the messages revealed her dishonesty and lack of trust. She knew I would not accept this and finally understood that her emotional relationship with another man was just as damaging as if she had taken him to bed. She told herself that she would never make that mistake again.

Sadly, our happy marriage was over. We signed the papers and were officially divorced three months later. We sold the house, split our money, and parted friends. No reconciliation, no revenge or hate. All that remained were smoldering ashes of a once happy marriage, destroyed by deceit, lies, and loss of trust.

I continued to date, but after getting burned twice, marriage would not be in my future. Sandy and Billy hooked up and Sandy ended up pregnant two months later. Billy dumped Sandy as soon as he heard about the pregnancy, and told her to get it taken care of because he was not ready for children. The next morning Billy was gone, and abandoned Sandy with child. I heard from her sister Debbie, that she was a shell of her former self. Her self-esteem was again crushed. Sandy remained in a perpetual depressed state when she lost the baby after taking a brutal fall down the long stairway in her apartment. Her life went from Paradise to a living Hell all because of her vanity and selfishness. She just couldn't forgive herself for destroying our happy marriage and losing my love and respect.

TRUST, LOYALTY, RESPECT! Fuck up 1 and you lose all 3

12