All Comments on 'Truth & Admiration Ch. 01'

by SiteNonSite

Sort by:
  • 45 Comments
haltwhogoestherehaltwhogoesthereabout 3 years ago

My friend! When the beginning said 'slow boil' I envisioned eight pages. Scrolled down, and three. only three! Well done. I loved it, but you know this was more my normal read style anyway. Well crafted and told. I would love more, but I understand you could easily and happily leave them here.

SiteNonSiteSiteNonSiteabout 3 years agoAuthor

My internal reader seemed impatient, but seeing your reaction I'm glad I stuck to my guns.

MigbirdMigbirdabout 3 years ago

You see yourself as a visual artist who is glad to be writing. There is clearly a connection because your writing enabled me to visualize so clearly the scenes and characters you created in this captivating story. Truly mesmerizing across all senses at a perfect pace - not long at all (only 3 pages, yet so full, so vivid). And I can literally feel why you would want to explore more of Al and Miranda, and do hope that you create a journey around them. If no chapter 2, Sadly OK, but continue to share your colorful creative imagination with us.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Well done! I hope there is more to this story as the two lovers share a bond. Loved your descriptions of the land. I think you are a very talented author.

5/5

J

madtowncunilinguistmadtowncunilinguistabout 3 years ago

This is a lovely story. so sweet and tender, with such real and vulnerable characters. I love your writing and hope you write more. thank you so much. The bit about Miranda's flashbacks was a bit confusing, but I'm looking forward to re-reading and savoring it...again :)

Ron

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Spectacular!

SiteNonSiteSiteNonSiteabout 3 years agoAuthor

Migbird & J, thanks so much for the warm praise, I most enjoy stories where I can ‘see’ things clearly, so press for that when writing my own. I am so glad to hear it comes through. As for T&A 2, I have nothing in mind, but I really like these two... also Leethie and Matt might be fun to explore, but maybe in a different category?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Absolutely beautiful!!!!

Love your stories! Abi

XactoXactoabout 3 years ago

People can be so fragile ... and strong. I’m glad they’ve found each other. I’d love to read more!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

An absolutely lovely story

AliceGeeAliceGeeabout 3 years ago

A truly wonderful story, so well written and pleasurable to read. Two vulnerable characters finding each other and the reader knows that good things lie ahead for them both. And incidentally, the sex was pretty hot too. Bravo

gnome_mangnome_manabout 3 years ago

I hope that these two lovely people manage to make a relationship, be it friendship or more, together.

jackie_emjackie_emabout 3 years ago

Nice start and interesting characters. I hope you write more and that their relationship progresses.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Beautiful story! Very well written. Great characters and storyline. Thank you! :)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Some writers, you are one of them, seems to be able to write their stories in "3D". To me this short story is more like a movie. Everythings is clear as cristal in my head, people, scenery and plot. Looking forward to the next chapter.

Only_connectOnly_connectabout 3 years ago

Fabulous! Now that's real writing... Not just a sequence of actions, conversations and erotic choreography, but actual characters. Very fine.

HiddenInTheOpenHiddenInTheOpenabout 3 years ago

Very well written! I was captivated from the start to the end, and am hoping for a second chapter. Thank you for sharing this with us!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

You write very well. This is beautiful and loving, like your stronger girl storyline. Though I would love to see you explore the darker aspects of it with Leethie and Miranda, or even Al and Dan. Whatever you decide to do, thank you so much for sharing your writing, and I look forward to everything you continue to post.

xxxtratall1xxxtratall1about 3 years ago

Beautiful story. Please continue it.

TravelerinmdTravelerinmdalmost 3 years ago

Love the character development. Looking forward to reading more about this budding relationship.

SiteNonSiteSiteNonSitealmost 3 years agoAuthor

I am too travelermind. My imagination latched onto Leethie, so I’ve chasing that particular rabbit at the moment, but I’m looking forward to getting into Al’s head once Leethie’s story is done.

BeerbeardBeerbeardalmost 3 years ago

You are an excellent writer. Let us know the name of your novel when it gets published. I like this story more than the “A Stronger Girl” series as I think the characters are more realistic. In any case, keep up the good work!

Cc2241Cc2241almost 3 years ago

Wonderful story, it will be exciting to see where you take the storyline!

SiteNonSiteSiteNonSitealmost 3 years agoAuthor

Ha! If I could figure out a way to turn this play into work that would be great fun BeerBeard. I’m glad you are enjoying Miranda & Al, to be fair to Annie & Michele however, I started these two series with very different goal. “Coed Roommates” is such a cliche, it’s practically genre fiction. (Like a space opera or a magical quest.) I set out with The Stronger Girl to see if I could write something satisfying within the bounds of that cliche. Annie and Michele were both “off the shelf” types that I borrowed from stories I liked, but wished had more depth. But with T&A I set out to write something that felt real, in a real place, with characters that felt original, of my own imagination. I’m glad to hear, for you at least, I was able to succeed. Thanks so much for letting me know.

SiteNonSiteSiteNonSitealmost 3 years agoAuthor

Me too Cc2241. Backing up and changing POV to Leethie turned out to be great fun, but it was also a functional move, because I still have NO idea what happens next.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

So love your beautiful writing skills and you wonderful stories as this one really hit home; and I really cannot wait to read more of Al and Miranda's developing relationship. I do hope you include these two beautiful characters in your future stories. Just lovely.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Loved the story, very original and would love to read more if you were able to take it further. Thanks for this though, you really can write.

clearcreekclearcreekabout 2 years ago

I would love to read more to this story

laurabodenlaurabodenalmost 2 years ago

Truly a wonderful story of two woman finding a soul partner... Please continue...

moimeme68moimeme68over 1 year ago

A really wonderful, nicely written story. Please, please... continue!

SiteNonSiteSiteNonSiteover 1 year agoAuthor

I’ve been taking a break from my work on Impact and going back through “Obsession and Doubt” moimeme68, the whole time with an eye on revisiting Miranda’s POV. No promises (I really do need to finish Impact), but you and lauraboden, clearcreek, and all the others may get their wish once Impact is put to bed…

AnyMooseAnyMooseover 1 year ago

Very nice; whenever the muse strikes you (no rush), this deserves another chapter, or 3, or 5...

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Sweet yet intense. I loved it

Sexy_LisaSexy_Lisaabout 1 year ago

I really loved this story... am sorry that there is no Chapter 2. Would have been nice to know that maybe Miranda found her companion at last.

SiteNonSiteSiteNonSiteabout 1 year agoAuthor

I get it Sexy_Lisa, I really do. I started part two almost immediately and stalled, but ever few months I reopen it and scratch at it a little. I don’t mean to tease, but while I am very caught up with writing the end of Impact at the moment, a few weeks ago I opened T&A02 and for the very first time made some headway that makes me think I finally know how to re-enter this story…

I really do love Miranda and would like to see her find happiness.

_robin_robinabout 1 year ago

I first read this a while ago, before reading the O&D, so I just read it again, of course everything fell into place this second reading. O&D, I found so difficult to read, in fact I couldn’t read it. Eventually I came up with a strategy, I’d read the chapters in random order, and that worked, in terms of defusing the pain. Yes I was treated like this by someone, in college. I think I’ve read all of it at least once. Your sequencing of scenes is so complex anyway! I made it harder for myself. But I had to find a way to deal with Leethie’s destructive self-hating behavior. I think Leethie is spoiled and not very bright. (I’m saying all this here, I couldn’t comment on the O&D chapters.) Thank you for your writing SNS, you are brilliant.

SiteNonSiteSiteNonSiteabout 1 year agoAuthor

’m really sorry to hear that _robin. I have my own history, when I was much younger. Michele is an idealized character, who I came to care about. I hated the idea of giving her the unhappy ending I thought was inevitable for her. which is part of why I wanted to write Leethie - although I really came to love Leethie too, I never had hope for her.

Anyway, I’m gratified to know you enjoyed these stories enough to return to them even though they are painful. Something you may appreciate: I worked very hard to do was not diminish Miranda. I didn’t want her to come across as stupid or as Leethie’s fool. That’s not the nature of the relationship. And whenever I play with the idea of returning to Miranda’s POV, it’s with that in mind.

_robin_robinabout 1 year ago

Something just occurred to me, the significance of the names. Leethie and Aletheia, two polar opposites, concealment and forgetfulness, vs. truth and openness? Or are both girls actually named Aletheia, one abbreviated to Leethie, the other Al?

SiteNonSiteSiteNonSiteabout 1 year agoAuthor

I went full allegory with the names. They are meant to be the same and different. I wanted Al to have a boys name, and once knew an Aletheia - which I’ve always thought was a pretty name. Leethie is a name I used based on the River Lethe (pronounced lee•thee), a mythological river of forgetfulness in the underworld.

_robin_robinabout 1 year ago

SNS so nice to see your comment this morning. Magical timing for me, I have to share. I slept soundly the whole night last night (I usually can only sleep till 1:30 or 2.) I woke up obviously having processed a lot more about the stories. I think that Miranda introduces both Al and Leethie to the world in a the same way. She leads them in the dark to the bath house, showing them that you can stay on the narrow path just by feeling it with your feet. Robin Then, being naked in front of each other. Miranda & Al, they are respectful, truthful and considerate of each other when they reveal their bodies. Honestly I cried in that scene. Leethie by contrast, we know she uses her nakedness to diminish and dominate the other person. Both Leethie and Al were abused, Leethie by JeanMarie and Al by Dan. Al takes ALL the pain on herself, she feels herself to be a stupid fuckup. Leethie just takes her pain out on another person. In the shower, Miranda introduces both Al and Leethie to Dr. Bronners Peppermint body wash - and yes, it tingles your asshole! This is amazing. That is literally the only shower product I use, and have done for years. I know that peeing is a significant thing in all your stories here. Again, Al and Miranda are respectful and gentle - Miranda shows Al how to use the outhouse. In The Storm, Leethie reaches sanctuary and Miranda lovingly tends to Leethie after she pees and she needs to take her boots off and warm up in the bath. Of course, in TSG there is the shocking scene in the toilet in the club when Annie tends to Michelle. I could say much more, suffice it to say, this all seems to speak to me very viscerally. Thank you again.

SiteNonSiteSiteNonSiteabout 1 year agoAuthor

I am so glad you shared _robin, it was hard for me to know you had to push yourself to read OD, so it’s wonderful to hear you got some good sleep, that reading and thinking about Miranda felt cathartic. (I really do love her and think she is worthy of admiration.)

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Great storey. So sweet.

S9808S980811 months ago

That was so beautiful having read it the second time around. You are a very good writer. Are you going to write a second chapter?

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Having just reread this after a considerable time I still love this story and especially Miranda and now Al. And it really is time for a second and third chapter for these two lovely people. Thank you.

SiteNonSiteSiteNonSite9 months agoAuthor

I can’t promise anything, but I have a start on part 2 that I revisit regularly, and think about, and sometimes scratch at. Perhaps when I’m done with Impact?

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userSiteNonSite@SiteNonSite
I am a visual artist. I lurked Literotica for over a decade as an anonymous reader. I'm not sure why I decided to write, but I am very glad I did. A bit of background: when I was much younger than Annie is in my stories I started having group sex with an older girl and boy...