Truth Doesn't Matter

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Jackie took her husband's arm and they excused themselves. A minute later Bill and his wife were engaged by another couple. I just had to ask what that had been about. Cathy looked me in the eye. She didn't say word just led me to a private place beside the dance floor. "That was my mother and I told her not to dredge up that guy from her office. I wanted her to know I had a date and needed no help. She just busted out laughing and took dad away. I'll get to the bottom of it."

It hit me. Jackie had offered her daughter to help show me around. The same Jackie that had someone lined up for her daughter.

Cathy saw me thinking and asked. "What you thinking?"

"Tell me, do you have a sister?"

"No, just me and my brother, but we lost him to cancer about 10 years ago."

I heard a little pain in her voice. "I'm sorry, hope I haven't spoiled the evening."

She smiled, "You didn't and I hope mom doesn't. I wouldn't put it past her to drag the guy up just so I'd have a choice she would say."

I remembered too many times Jackie tried to get me to call her daughter. Now I was with that same woman. It was kinda funny. But I could be wrong. Or Jackie could have more than one man in mind for her Cathy. I thought I'd just keep my thoughts to myself. I would wait to see what the night brought.

In a few minutes the band started. I'm not a great dancer and warned Cathy of that, but she still followed me to the dance floor. I held her against me and slowly moved across the floor. I don't know how well we looked but we both enjoyed.

At the meal we were seated with my boss and his wife. Also at the table were Jackie, Rick, and Mr. and Mrs. Chapman. Charles Chapman is the president of our division. I had never met him, but had seen his picture many times. Everyone seemed to know Cathy and she to know them. I was the stranger in the group.

During the evening I caught Jackie looked at me or Cathy and smile or laugh as she sipped champagne. But I noticed more. I saw the love between Jackie and Rick. I watched intently from across the table. Jackie would listen to each work her husband said. He was equally as dedicated to her words. They touched often. One way that I noticed was when Rick was talking she would put her hands around his right upper arm. She would lock her fingers together and put her head on his shoulder. He would place her left hand over hers. When he did he would open his hand and let his ring finger and pointer open to expose her wedding ring. There was his gold band touching her rock. He might have done that because the stone was so large, but I think it was more to show their union.

They seemed to always be touching. She would brush his arm or hold his hand. Or his was seeking hers out. It was as if they had a neon sign above them that testified to their love. I envied them. I watched and saw what life could be like. I had to realize it might have just been an act or a temporary thing but I would have bet not. I had watched so long my date noticed my distraction

Cathy stood to go to the ladies room. Jackie and Fran went with her. When Cathy got back I stood to help her into her seat. Instead she smiled at me. It warmed me to the core. She took my hand and led me to the dance floor. She melted into my arms. After a minute she looked up and asked, "Can I tell you something and you won't be mad?"

"Sure, why would I be mad? Unless you tell me you've seen an old boyfriend and want to go home with him." I half joked but I did have the fear she as too good to be true.

Cathy pulled away from me and looked me right in her eye. With a stern face she said in a serious tone, "I'm here with the man I choose to be with!" She then relaxed and put her head back on my shoulder. "What I wanted to say...before I was interrupted," but she wasn't mad. "My mom confessed. You are the man she wanted me to meet."

I couldn't believe my ears. And the thought of what we had both said. Me about my boss's secretary wanting to pawn her daughter off on me. And Cathy with mom is always finding a guy for her. But we both found it amusing.

"I'm glad I met you Cathy. Only wish I had taken your mom up that first day." I was sincere with my words.

We danced a little more and I was lost to her charms. After a few minutes she whispered. "What were you so involved in back at the table?"

I was honest without thinking. I would later realize just how comfortable I felt to be with her. "I was a little jealous watching Jackie and your dad."

I felt her tense just a little. "I didn't know you had a thing for older women."

"It's not your mom. I jealous of your dad." Now that did sound funny. I realized just how it could be taken. "What I mean is I'm jealous of the love shared between him and your mom."

"So you're not gay," she giggled.

"No not at all and I'm surprised you can't tell."

"I can tell, cause I feel it against my tummy and it sure feels good."

"I see what I am missing not having a woman love me like your mom loves your dad. Or to love like he loves your mom. I want a woman like that."

She looked up at with beautiful green eyes, 'even when the 'bitch' in her comes out every once in a while'?"

I smiled down at her and kissed her forehead lightly. "As long as it's properly directed."

We danced on to the music and I felt her soft breath as her breasts heaved against me.

"I know but sometimes....what if?" she asked softly.

"Even then, and what more could I ask for? I want you...I want to get to know you... all of you."

"And I want to get to know you. I want to be everything for you."

"Everything?"

"Yes your woman, your whore," she whispered. Then she went on, "Your lady and your lover,...Your slave and your queen,...your friend and the one you share your hopes, hurts, joys and dreams with. I want to be the one you wake to and the one you kiss good night."

I was stunned and honored. I had strong feeling for Cathy, I realized that. That was why I never tried to take her to bed. But at that instant I had a burning desire. I looked down at her. I liked the list but you left out something."

She was puzzled for a minute.

"Wife you left out wife."

Our dance stopped and we kissed. We were still kissing when the music stopped and the dancers started clapping. That broke our kiss and we looked around to see many smiling at us.

I took her hand and we found a private place behind a potted plant. I kissed her again. I was almost breathless. I wanted her so. "I want to take you home and rip your panties off and make love to you."

She looked up and said, "You can't do that tonight."

I thought 'great, it is her time of the month'.

"You can't do that because...I'm not wearing any."

That had an instant affect on me. I ran my hand over her ass. Sure enough I felt nothing under the thin material. I let my hand rise and as I reached her back she smiled, "No bra either."

I kissed her hard and she responded. After the kiss I looked her in the eyes. "You mean the only thing between me and you right now is that thin dress?"

"And your clothes," she reminded me.

By then the music had stopped. The band was taking a break. We went back to the table. Her mom looked up with a slight smile. "Oh there you are. We thought we would have to send a search party." All at the table laughed as if they knew why we had been absent.

Something had changed. As we listened to the talk around the table I felt Cathy's touch. She did many of the things her mother had done. I wondered if it was instinct or learned. I didn't care I just wanted her touch. And I wanted to touch her. We held hands often on top of the table, sometimes letting our fingers intertwine.

At the end of the evening Jackie made the last toast. "To mother's, they sometimes do know what they're talking about." She looked directly at Cathy as she said the words. All those at the table agreed as we took out last sips.

Cathy hugged everyone at the table and I shook hands with all the men. We went out to get my truck. I had used the valet. When he drove up and held the door for me I ignored him. I walked Cathy around the truck and opened her door. I helped her in and even buckled her seat belt. I took the time for a kiss.

I wanted to get going for several reasons. One was the line of people behind us waiting for their cars and another was my desire to be alone with her. I tipped the valet and we drove away. We were not out of the drive when I felt her hand on my leg. "I sure have enjoyed the evening. I just don't want it to end."

I got her back to the apartment building. She didn't say a word when I stopped at my door and led her in. In a moment we were in the dark bedroom. I lifted her dress over her head and saw her naked body in the dim light. I kissed her as my hands explored. She was busy too unbuttoning my shirt and undoing my pants. I had to break the kiss long enough to get out of my clothes.

I will not go into detail of our night, for it is far too personal. I will say that we expressed our lover more times that night than I have fingers on my hands. We fell asleep in the late morning. I woke to find her still beside me. I kissed her gently then let my hands roam over her still naked body covered by just the sheet.

After that we made love once more. As we lay together afterward I made a startling discovery. She began, "That felt so wonderful. I never knew it would feel so....so fulfilling."

I had to ask. "What do you mean?"

She smiled up at me, "I've never had a man...never had a man fill me...with his seed."

"You have never had sex?"

"That isn't what I mean. I have had sex, but never been loved. The few man...only three...that have had me...I never let them....I required them to wear a condom."

"But I didn't."

"I know and I didn't want you to," she sighed and snuggled to me.

"Are you on the pill or something?"

"No, never wanted to risk that. I want children."

"Cathy....we just....I did....what if?" I stammered.

"I hope you did because I want your child." she cooed.

"What will your mother... you dad think of you?"

"I don't care. Because I'm now your woman."

"Get up right now and get cleaned and dressed. We have some things to do."

I think she was a little hurt but she got up. We showered, together to save water, sure right, then got dressed. She didn't ask where we were going. I saw the joy in her eyes as we pulled into a jewelry store. I let he pick a ring set and there was no problem with the price. She was a little dismayed when I wouldn't let her put it on but took the box and placed it in my pocket.

"Now will you call your parents and ask if we can drop over." While driving to her parents home I let her look at it.

A few minutes later we were at their door. Jackie and Rick both greeted us. We were in the den when I began. "Mr. and Mrs. Taylor I have come with a confession and a question."

All three in the room exchanged glances.

"Last night I am afraid I took advantage of the situation. I should have refrained but I did not. I should have been proper and respectful and taken Cathy home. To her home. I did not. I'm afraid I have dishonored her. I care very much about her and wouldn't want her or our child to be disgraced by my actions. Therefore I have come to seek your permission to ask Cathy to marry me."

Now that stunned them all. I explained, "I will only ask her hand with your blessing."

Jackie spoke, "I believe that will be Cathy's choice. But we both thank you that you would care for our blessing. Now if I can steel my daughter for a minute." She stood and called Cathy into another room. A minute later they were calling Rick away.

I sat in the room wondering just what I was doing. I didn't have long to wait. Rick returned to me. "Martin, as far as Jackie and I are concerned you have our blessing. But we would ask..." I was waiting for the shoe to fall. "We would ask you leave her with us and come back tomorrow to ask her. If you do, please wear a suit. Needless to say their might be a celebration." With that I was shown to the door.

I thought about the suit as I drove away. The only thing I could think of was perhaps we might attend church together. And why the wait? Were they going to try and talk her out of it. All we would be was engaged. It wasn't like we would be married instantly. But I did want it soon, just in case.

The day was slow and hard on me. I had a fear it was all too good to be true. And I didn't sleep well in the night. Part of that was due to the fact I could smell Cathy on the bed sheets. I felt more lonely than I could ever remember.

Sunday came. I called. I wanted to make sure I was on time. I had expected to on my way before 9 so we might make church service. I found that was not the case. I was invited at 1 that afternoon. Needless to say I was there on time.

I was met at the door by Jackie. She had a pleasant smile, almost disarming. I felt a chill imagining the worse. I was escorted into the den where Cathy and her father waited. When we were all seated Jackie asked, "Now just why have you come Martin?"

I looked at Cathy and realized how much I wanted her in my life. Her absence of the previous night was still to vivid to me. "I have come to ask your daughter to marry me, Mrs. Taylor."

Jackie smiled, "You have out blessing as you did yesterday. Would you want a little privacy?" As if on cue the two left us. I walked to where Cathy sat on the couch. She had her hands on her lap. Here right hand covered her left. I sat beside her. She turned, shifting her legs and let her knee touch mine. I looked into those beautiful green eyes and asked, "Cathy Taylor will you have me for your husband?" I had the ring box in my hand and opened it. I got a surprise. Only the wedding band remained. I looked back to see Cathy holding up her left hand with the ring in place.

She kissed me and whispered, "yes oh yes...and please don't be mad, when you let me look at it I just had to wear it. And I'm glad I did because I was so lonely last night. I was afraid mom had scared you off." When she finished the sentence she had tears in her eyes.

We embraced for a few minutes before Jackie stepped into the door. "May we rejoin you?"

When they returned and took the chairs facing us Jackie smiled at her husband. He smiled back and extended his hand for hers. She had a twinkle in her eye as she began. "I see that the answer was yes. But I knew it would be. The only one with doubts was Cathy. She felt I might have been too demanding." With that said she smiled at Rick. "She is not the only one that thinks I am over bearing sometimes but he always let me have my way."

"Yes and I want to thank you both for your understanding. I will do my best to make your daughter happy."

"I'm sure of that. I knew you were right for each other when I first saw you Martin. I tried to get you two together but was unsuccessful. But since you found one another on your own, it only proves the point all the more. Now to the situation. You say you have dishonored my daughter?" Jackie said with an uplifted eyebrow.

"Yes I have and I apologize to you and to her."

"Mother you have....it is our business," Cathy said with a blush.

Rick just smiled and shook his head. Jackie would not be deterred. "You fear there might be cause to worry?"

"Mother, please,"

"Cathy you agreed that I could have my say. Now do you have a concern?"

I felt my ears heat up and had clammy hands. What was this leading to? "Yes ma'am. In the heat of my passion I didn't....and I later found Cathy was not....used birth control."

"You are quite right. Cathy had never been on the pill or any other. And I am proud of her for that. But you must not have....used protection is the way they say it?"

Her father was sitting in the chair rolling his eyes and shaking his head. But he still held Jackie's hand.

"No ma'am I did not."

"You said you love my daughter and would not want her shamed?"

"That is correct Mrs. Taylor." When I said that Cathy kissed my cheek and put her head on my shoulder. As she did she extended her left arm out and pointed her fingers toward the ceiling. She was looking at the ring on her finger.

Jackie's face let up, "Martin she has been looking at that ring ever since you left." She held up her ring and looked at it the at her husband, "But I guess I know why, because it symbolizes your love and her commitment to you. Now where was I? Yes I want to offer a solution to your problem or possible problem that is. If you want to honor my daughter for the gift she has given you, you can show it by marrying her immediately."

"Yes ma'am Mrs. Taylor we will do that as quickly as it can be arranged."

"Is that so? What if I can arrange it today, in this house?"

I didn't believe my ears. "Today?" I turned and looked at Cathy. She had a little frown. She pulled me close and whispered, "We don't have to."

I looked at my all too soon to be mother-in-law, "You can do that?"

"Yes I can, but it will be your decision. I'm not demanding, just suggesting."

I smiled, "That means we can sleep together tonight with no shame?"

"Martin you can sleep together either way with no shame as far as we are concerned."

"Cathy do you feel like risking it today? I mean you might change your mind. I just wanted to give you a little time."

"Martin, I'm your woman with or without this ring. My heart belongs to you. I just gave you the rest of my body Saturday morning."

I turned back, "If it's not too much trouble I would be honored to marry this day."

Jackie looked at her husband. She gave a smile that said she was well pleased. She made a call, then we waited. As we did my soon to be mother-in-law explained. "The marriage today was my idea. I discussed it with Rick then Cathy. You see I am selfish. I want Cathy near me. She is my only daughter and my remaining child. She had left us and lived in California for 5 years. She just came back to us. She arrived about a month before you Martin. As I say I am selfish. I want Cathy to put down roots here near me. I want to see her happy and for her to give me grandchildren. That Martin will take efforts by you. Cathy is 33 and..."

"Mother....you are so...you shouldn't tell all."

"I'm your mother," Jackie said as a fact, "and it gives me a few privileges. As I was saying she is 33 but with the right man, you Martin, she has time to give me several grandchildren. I should have some about 10 by now but it didn't happen. But then you didn't come into her life till now. She waited and I believe she did so wisely. And I will say young man that if you have impregnated my daughter by your actions Saturday morning I will be not in the least unhappy."

"Mother...."

"Honey, let's let the two have a little privacy." Rick led her away. I got the impression it was not for harsh words but more to enjoy private time.

A preacher did arrive in a few minutes and in less than an hour Cathy was Mrs. Martin Raymond Jamison. Just was we were about to leave my father-in-law stopped us. Jackie was by his side holding on to his arm with both her hands. He gave me a packet. It was for a week at the Imperial Hotel down town. And it was for the bridal suite. "It is the least I can do since Jackie railroaded you two," he smiled. But he was not angry in the least.

We spent a week of total bliss in the suite. It was the penthouse and had it's own enclosed heated pool and hot tub. I will not go into detail as to all we enjoyed as we continued to consummate our marriage but I will say no part of my bride's body was had not been explored. My finger and lips had touched every inch of her skin, my nose had smelled her body mixed with her perfumes, my eyes drank in all her beauty, I memorized her voice and I professed my love many times.

I will tell of this one instance. Late one night we were naked in the hot tub. It was snowing. We had opened the glass doors to allow the cold air in. We were sipping champagne enjoying the water. Cathy said she loved the snow and got out of the tub. She beckoned me out into the light snow. I joined her reluctantly. After just a few seconds of watching her dance naked in the snow I felt the cold. I commented that my thing had just about retreated out of sight. Cathy laughed and said she could fix that. She dropped to her knees and took my shrunken member into her mouth. She worked magic. It came back to life. When she knew she had proved her point she stood and kissed me. After a second she started back to the hot tub with me in tow. "I'm freezing, lets get back in the water," she laughed.