All Comments on 'Truth or Dare'

by LindsayMurray

Sort by:
  • 193 Comments (Page 2)
AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

The best ' wonder what would have happened… ' EVER!

LoonytuneLoonytuneover 1 year ago

Amazing deserving of more than five stars please keep writing

Briank1956Briank1956over 1 year ago

WOW, best story I've read on here in a loong time. Thanks.

OnrecessOnrecessover 1 year ago

Amazing work. The emotion and the feelings were palpable.

EmotionalEmotionalover 1 year ago

I have read this several times, still one of the best stories around!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

just wow.

pure talent.

5*

Chinna666Chinna666over 1 year ago

Touched my heart 💓

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago
Fantastic! 5 stars

I loved this beautifully written story! Your a dream author.

Johnny

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Stunning. What an achievement. Thank you so much for sharing your amazing talent.

roveroneroveroneover 1 year ago

Whew!

Lit readers very rarely wrong...this well worth it's score.

Wrote that note before I read this-really glad I ducked back

easy 5/fave/place in Best Ever folder

dewitt

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

You are an excellent writer. You have a great feel for plot, placing and emotional buy-in. I did think the ending was a little clumsy, in that it hinted at a emotional conclusion. Even so, I liked what you decided to do with it. Please tell me you're published and have seen success from your talent?

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

So sweet! Reminded me of high school and cute nerdy youth. Love every part of it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

10 :)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Excellent story; wonderful play on emotions, desires, and with a sweetness that felt real real. I often read here to enjoy some hot sex, but I didn’t miss the explicit sex and got wrapped up in your story. Thanks for writing.

dgfergiedgfergieabout 1 year ago

Turns out I had read this almost a year ago. A very nice romantic story, each worried about embarrassment at confronting each other, so many wasted years avoiding each other. It was like reading it the first time. I don't know why but some stories I remember right away when start reading them again others I don't. Still a good story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Wonderful! Put me in mind a bit of a modern day Jane Austen tale. 5+ 😉

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Bravo! What a great story!

rbloch66rbloch66about 1 year ago

A true pleasure to read…. both times.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Great story. And great writing too! Thanks for sharing.

5 stars, absolutely.

ArcTalyxArcTalyxabout 1 year ago

Very engaging and enjoyable to read.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

A lovely, well written story.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightabout 1 year ago

I very much enjoyed this romance. You made it real and endearing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

One of the best stories I’ve read on this site!

BigjohnpBigjohnpabout 1 year ago

Great I hope you write a sequel

ways494ways494about 1 year ago

fking delicious.

ways494ways494about 1 year ago

one of the best stories i've read on this site. reminds me of the best baked muffin cake :#

valkoinenvalkoinenabout 1 year ago

One of the best stories I've read here in a long time. One can feel immediately the hope and the fear, the passion and the reluctance, the anger and the joy of your two characters as each one grows, the growth being fed by love for the other, altough neither wants to admit it.

Ravey19Ravey19about 1 year ago

Very well written, rooting for the two of them to get together but that was a messy curved ball you threw in when Tilly's story showed them separating.

5 ⛤

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Sensual, touching, with very deep and ongoing feelings that should have never been hidden away, and a beautiful Love story enduring timeless emotions until; Lost And Found !!!!!!!

We shared your words together while taking moments looking deeply into each others eyes with the knowing sparkle and glow of our years of Love.

Thank you for sharing your heartfelt words with our hearts.

S&JW

RangerLeeRangerLee12 months ago

Very well done. The depth of emotion, the character development of the two MCs, you nailed it! I may have an addition to my list of favorite authors… 5*

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Love, love, love it. Like watching a tennis match, volley and serve. Learning each other through their creation. Hoping it didn't end like her first book. Spurring each other to greater heights. Thank you so much.

LMJ

vkseverinvkseverin12 months ago

Beautiful story

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

OH MY GOD I LOVE THIS STORY!

Thank you thank you thank you Monthly contest announcement for showing this story to me. And thank you LindsayMurray for writing it. I was hanging on every word from the start! It was so full of believable emotion. I definitely cried a tiny bit.

EGRIEGRI12 months ago

This was a lot of fun. Such an enjoyable journey for these two. So glad they wound up in the "Found" category.

Five stars and thank you for your efforts.

EverydayMagicEverydayMagic12 months ago

I needed to wipe the tears from my eyes before I could write this comment. I loved your story. My only complaint is that I could only give it 5 stars, it deserves many, many more. I've just started writing after spending a lifetime doing other work and your talent is well worth studying, even though I have no hope of approaching your skill. Thank you for writing, you have the gift and a "magic" of your own.

Striderian1Striderian112 months ago

Great googly moogly, what a fantastic story!

oneofthegirlsoneofthegirls12 months ago

Every so often I uncover a real gem on this site. You are a fine storyteller, and the ending was superb. Thank you for sharing your talent with others. Please keep writing and posting!

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

hi! this is my very first time leaving a comment. God! This was a masterpiece. It wasn’t just lust -like that. It was romantic, dreamy and yet real! I always love a hate turned to love relationship. This was PERFECT! I wanted more. I didn’t want it to end. The best story I have ever read here. You should consider lengthening this and make a novel.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Glorious romance story

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

I just love this story, it just makes me smile. It is one of the gems that draws the reader again and again. Thank you for sharing your story and talent.

DP

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

absolutely sensational. Really, really lovely

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Why were the boys abusing Tilly’s dad? (…we kept pushing her father) Several minor errors that could easily be fixed, but generally well written. The story line is unusual and engaging.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Good writing, very good story. You write dialogue better than most.

LiteroCat1147LiteroCat114711 months ago

Fife Stars - would even give six!

Seems you know quite a bit about drawing and painting. Would love to see the picture with the two hands.

Richard1940Richard194011 months ago

Unusual theme, very well written, 5* minimum.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Love it. I've read it twice and will be back. Engaging, emotionally rich, sexy.

LMJ

KnightofmindKnightofmind11 months ago

Wow. Um.... I want to be clever but.. just wow.

I wish I could forget this story and find it and read it again. Leonard Cohen and Joni Mitchell in a star crossed love affair set adjacent to my home town.

Thank you!

JTassJTass10 months ago

Excellent Story! I'm looking forward to reading more of your work.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Beautiful romantic spicy story beautiful characters and the romance is beautiful

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Took the entire day to read it between work, life and travelling bit so worth it. Just loved the whole thing, ended up wanting a second part .. hint hint

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

number, amount? lying, laying? grammar!!

BuckSnort51BuckSnort519 months ago
Unbelievable

So good, the tears!

I don't know much about artists and writers and muses (plural of muse?) but this is an all-time favorite.

Thank you!

WriterPerson314159WriterPerson3141599 months ago

This is really good. I love the framing of the artists exchanging their work.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

How about "See you and raise you one"? Different game, but it fits.

shadrachtshadracht9 months ago

Oh my god, that was such an amazing story. Happy and tinged with sadness and regret and so very very lovely. Amazing, amazing work. All the feels. Thank you so much for sharing.

Privates1stClassPrivates1stClass8 months ago

Lovely romantic story. Glad I took the opportunity to read it. Thoroughly enjoyed it. Thanks for posting.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

So lovely and sweet. Then I looked at your contents page and I'm scared to read them.

Looks like I've just become a soft old get.

AA82ndAAAA82ndAA8 months ago

Your best and so much more deep than your other works. The character development vehicle is truly a work of prose worthy of a great story. The emotions that ticked the surface time and time again only to flower and galvanize the theme made this a great 5/5 tale. TFS...

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Can't stay away. It's like a favorite shirt or a favorite meal or a favorite person. Comfort without being, cloying or sentimental or saccharine. I'll be bach.

LMJ

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

That was great. Thanks.

WolfbeckettWolfbeckett7 months ago

For a short one this was pretty cute. I usually really don't have a lot of love for the kind of story where two people like each other but take literal years to come to grips with it though. Maybe it's because I'm old enough now that I almost certainly have more years behind me than I have in front of me, but it causes me almost physical pain to read stories about people wasting some of the best years of their lives alone that could have been spent together just because they won't communicate with each other in an honest and straightforward manner. Still, even though this one was that to the hilt, I did like it.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Good luck with the Readers’ Choice award. This one has enough unique elements to make it stand out.

Brian798Brian7987 months ago

brilliant will read more of your stories

OvercriticalOvercritical7 months ago

Truly a fairy tale, but thoroughly enjoyed the fantasy. The reader gets teased again and again, but it's fun. I saw that someone complained that it was too short, but dragging it out longer would have taken something away from the punch line. The author is in charge of the meal and the menu and I go with his/her muse. 5*

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Hall of Fame worthy.

If you agree rate it a 5!

Even Overcritical gave it a five, pointing out the obvious reasons why he did so.

CaptainFrostBiteCaptainFrostBite7 months ago

Oh my word, what a tremendous story!

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Love it

SlowerclamSlowerclam5 months ago

This is the best story I’ve read on this site. It builds so well and tantalizingly, the language is excellent, and the ending was solid (predictable, but how could it not be?)

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

This just grabbed me and pulled me through— I can’t believe I get to read it for free on an amateur site. I loved how they found each other again (and that he knew it was her all along! Brilliant.) The truth or dare concept worked so well. Fantastic story.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

I loved it. It was funny, clever, extremely well written, real and brilliant. If not the best story I've read on this site, it is easily one of the top three and I can't remember which the other two would be.

CastAdriftCastAdrift5 months ago

Like, wow!

Nicely done.

Beautiful story. I would have expected them to get together sooner. This covered a long time.

I hope you've found your Red.

kaotic2kaotic25 months ago

Really beautiful. Thanks for writing it.

bigurnbigurn4 months ago

Sorry, but I can only do 3 stars on this one. The overall writing was good... But there was far too much angst between 2 people, who seemed afraid to just face their feelings. To me, it seems ridiculous that neither one had the fortitude to speak up years earlier. Of course then the story would have been one of those 750 word essays, I suppose. Thanks for your effort and the submission though. It was, all in all, entertaining.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

What a fun story. Youthful inexperience, young adult desire, and romance. I loved how they matured in such an innocent fashion.

Thanks for sharing.

DP

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

The longer you put off reconnecting or reconciling the harder it is to make it a reality. Absolutely beautiful and relatable. 10 STARS

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Best I've read on this site so far. The author could be a successful writer, if they aren't already.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

For most of these stories on here, I end up skipping through them, skimming paragraphs, not really reading it, just looking for the good parts. And I was definitely looking for a tense but sexual story today.

But this one hooked me from the first paragraph. I hung on to Every Single Word. Excellent tension, great plot, great characters, five stars for sure.

If you work on the ending a little (because it was a tad obvious right at the end how they would reveal themselves), and if you cut out the sex part, this would make for a fantastic short story that can be published.

One of the best five stories I have read on here, you have a new fan. Exemplary work.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Among the best stories of its kind - romance.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Great!!!!!

rlh100rlh1003 months ago

What a great love story. Thank you.

rbloch66rbloch662 months ago

I read this quite a while ago and enjoyed it very much. Recently I’ve read more of your work and have come to respect the quality of your work. Reading this again allowed me to appreciate it on a different level. It was much more meaningful.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Cute. Five years is a lot longer than I'd go loving someone and doing nothing with them or anyone else, but it's a cute romance. I like it 😊.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Gosh this reminds me of a book I read in middle school called Flipped but this is more mature and more artful and nuanced. I mentally saw those paintings you described. Wow, just a wonderful way to write. Great job!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Better than John Green.

TexGrizzlyTexGrizzly21 days ago

Great story! Very well done, enjoyed it immensely!

redbaron172redbaron1726 days ago

Interesting plot line. Very good, no...... outstanding story.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userLindsayMurray@LindsayMurray
Thank you for supporting my work! My loyal fans here are what kick-started my career as a writer. I adore you all. I do plan to continue to post short stories here! But if you'd like to be up to date on all my work, visit my website and subscribe to my newsletter. My website f...