All Comments on 'Truth or Dare'

by LindsayMurray

Sort by:
  • 192 Comments
jay_pearcejay_pearcealmost 2 years ago

I felt like I could see the painting under the tarp.... loved it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Excellent..Thank You

ProfQ1955ProfQ1955almost 2 years ago

What an outstanding story. Very well written.

used2bjustjused2bjustjalmost 2 years ago

Good thing I follow you Lindsay, I don't usually stroll into the Romance category and so would have missed this gem. Loved the last art work with the two hands almost touching. The female hand made up from her quotes. Brilliant!

5/5

J

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I've never encountered a "serious bookwork" before. Good to know you spent time and effort on this. /sigh

uk_writer_53uk_writer_53almost 2 years ago

Brilliant job, loved it

Davester37Davester37almost 2 years ago

I’m going to keep the perfect 5* going. I love this story. Thank you for writing, and thank you for sharing your work.

RedMockersRedMockersalmost 2 years ago

It's not often that I don't want a story to end. If I could I'd give this ten stars. Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Fantastic!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Excellent work man

G5902G5902almost 2 years ago

WOW!!! This is an incredible work of art — fantastic writing! Thank you so much for sharing this (I am sorry I can not come up with the truly appropriate words to describe the depth of quality of this writing and my appreciation).

d119b63d119b63almost 2 years ago

Fantastic story! Really interesting characters.

SouthernCrossfireSouthernCrossfirealmost 2 years ago

Lindsay, really lovely work. Very well written, it's the deeply emotional aspects that make it almost haunting and equally unforgettable. I'm favoriting so I'll be able to find it again. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

You have a masterpiece capturing a couple’s developing love over the years. I absolutely enjoyed every word. Thank you.

Paiger123Paiger123almost 2 years ago

So so good. I love your writing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Awesome

Can't have enough of it

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Wonderful

haltwhogoestherehaltwhogoestherealmost 2 years ago

Oh my gosh! Are all yours like this? It's always a joy to find someone this good that I've never read on the site before! This was a gem, and thank you for it on a day when every other thing I looked was 'meh, why bother?' I'll definitely have to look at your other stories now!

lostandnevertobefoundlostandnevertobefoundalmost 2 years ago

Wow, just wow. Not enough stars for this story.

des911des911almost 2 years ago

Nice story, well told. Two tales interwoven with any number of possible endings. Good story structure and execution. Thank you

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Great

Fireguy1956Fireguy1956almost 2 years ago

A really great story. Hope springs eternal!

tms2009tms2009almost 2 years ago

Woow Lindsay such a beautiful and amazing story😍😍

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Before reading the story, I did several things. The rating was exceptional. The bio was interesting. The blog rant about your book cover said a lot about the author. I hesitated. Thought about the rating and took a chance. There is never going to be a story that maintains a perfect 5.0 because of some silly commentators. In this case that is sad, because your story deserves 5.0.

I don't read romance novels, but mysteries, detective stories, and spy stories. I am a huge Tom Clancy fan, and like Vince Flynn, some James Patterson stuff, and a few young authors that died much too young. I have co-edited excellent Fantasy (think Lord of the Rings type). However, on this site, I read Romance.

Your work is classic Romance done at the highest level. There is mystery, intrigue, and amazing characters. I don't read for graphic sex, in fact prefer none. However, you handled that at the same classy level as the rest of the story.

No matter how successful you are professionally, I hope you will occasionally grace Literotica readers with a real "gem." Thanks!

The Hoary Cleric, a guest at this site.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I enjoyed the character development, the story pacing kept my interest. I felt the reading time was well spent, I will be thinking about Tilly and Red for awhile. The description of Red’s art made me feel like I had seen it, having Tilly describe it was fabulous and in turn having Red read Tilly’s work and learning about her was wonderful. A slow burn from interest to love, rife with raw emotion, this story felt real to me.

Thank you for writing the story and sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

It was wonderful. I felt every word of it right to the last punctuation mark. Bravo

wapentakewapentakealmost 2 years ago

This is one of the best pieces that I have ever read on Literotica. The style of writing is excellent, and the story line has a definite ring of truth to it. In short, I like it. A well deserved five stars.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Oh god, this was so amazing. I was close to tears so many times and then I did cry at the end. I wish I could read this again for the first time and then wipe my memory and do it again, and again, and again a thousand times. Never in a thousand years did I expect to find something like this on literotica of all places.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcalmost 2 years ago

An imagination fully unleashed is a work of art in itself. Incredible story - too many highlights to praise. I would have handled the consumption of their relationship a little differently, but superb start to finish. 5*

ender2k2kender2k2kalmost 2 years ago

That was everything a romance should be. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Very nice story. Well-written with familiar moments without being formulaic. Also, I really (geek moment) appreciated your grammar and punctuation…makes a story so easy to read when the text is really clean.

SraulersSraulersalmost 2 years ago

Absolutely one of the best short romance stories I’ve read, here or elsewhere. Nicely done… 5*

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Would make for a great movie ala "Sleepless in Seattle.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Such a wonderful story. Great thinking and great execution, to touch with art and literature. 5 stars. Really loved your thought process. Do write more in this genre.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Another winner in the Romance category. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Exquisitely written and couldn't quit reading it.... you kept it intriguing all the way through from start to conclusion. Very nice, well done!!!

Tx77TumbleweedTx77Tumbleweedalmost 2 years ago

One of the best I have read in Romance.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Well written, imaginative prose. This level of writing is so hard to find here - among the very best I've read.

Bronco56Bronco56almost 2 years ago

Wow. I just happened on this story. I'm glad I did. This was a fantastic story. It was full of tears and happiness. Just brilliant writing. Definitely 5⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️. Now that I read this one I'm looking forward to reading your other works.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Superb! I'm waiting for the movie.

ErocratErocratalmost 2 years ago

5/5 and definitely not crying a little.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Such a great story. Thoroughly enjoyable! Thanks so much for posting.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Mushy and sappy, with characters that are so dense -- I absolutely loved it!!! Great pace and character development. I felt like I really know both Red and Tilly, or at least got to know them.

dgfergiedgfergiealmost 2 years ago

Had a smile all the way thru that wonderful story and play and truth in the house was great. My only criticism is the story should have ended when they headed up stairs, the sex scene was not needed and I think took away from the story. But that's just me an almost 80 hopeless romantic who's love passed 3 years ago. 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Absolutely brilliant, kept me hooked till the end!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago
Simply The Best

What a great find.

EmotionalEmotionalalmost 2 years ago

Pretty fucking awesome!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Absolutely one of the best. Beginning to end

69Dufus69Dufusalmost 2 years ago

I am sorry to say that I’ve never written a comment, or a peep, regarding the numerous stories that I’ve read. HOWEVER, my streak ends tonight (this morning actually) with this story. It is hands down the best short story that I’ve ever read. Keep on writing, face the sun, and god bless!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Aw, that was a sweet ride that ended at just the right moment. Though I do admit I was curious about getting an epilogue about their romance going public.

MagSil81MagSil81almost 2 years ago

Absolutely brilliant. Definitely a 5 star story herr

raraewriterraraewriteralmost 2 years ago

Superb and very clever. I like clever. 5+

WistfulSeniorWistfulSenioralmost 2 years ago

An exceptional story. I loved it! Thank you.

someoneothersomeoneotheralmost 2 years ago

A 5*. Somewhat unbelievable that the two MCs would have stayed away from each other for so many years and totally unbelievable that both would have become instant stars in their fields, but still story was otherwise very good.

Bawb2Bawb2almost 2 years ago

Amazing! Such a great story.

Ginger630Ginger630almost 2 years ago

Holy shit!!!! This was amazing!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Worth paying for!!! It was that good

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Absolutely loved it!! Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Briefly: I like the way you write!

JacktacularJacktacularalmost 2 years ago

This so should be a screen play for a hallmark movie 😁⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

onedegreeawayonedegreeawayalmost 2 years ago

I agree with the Hallmark movie idea, but it needs to be NC-17 because of the ending.

Damn, Lindsay, out of the fucking park!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Wonderful, truly well done

USMCVetUSMCVetalmost 2 years ago

That was wonderful! Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

This was a truly wonderful read.

I loved the slow build-up, and the evolving feelings - and for once i felt comfortable with the shifting points of view.

Perhaps it resonates a bit stronger with me, since I'm an artist myself. The struggle to fully express something you're not even sure what is - it's real. Attempting to work through your feelings for another person through your art - also very real.

To borrow a few words from Red...

I need to draw now

Past_RegretsPast_Regretsalmost 2 years ago

Truly one of the best I have read.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I absolutely love this story.... So obsessed with it... Couldn't stop reading until it was done.

Fantastic job

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Wow! Just wow! U can really tell a story

6King6Kingalmost 2 years ago

Well done! ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Love this. I’ve read it at least 10 times. You should really continue it!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

awwww

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

That author note in the beginning was totally not needed. This is a wonderful piece of art please keep writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

So very good!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

A beautiful look at art, especially of learning the meaning of the art of true love.

Alternate title, a boy grows into a real man.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I'm very stingy with my 5⭐ reviews...

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Please, more like this!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

For the first half it was pretty good for everyone, by the time I got to the second half I realized I was 1000% not the target demographic for the story. This is a cute chick rom-com-esque story. I know how their relationship ends and it takes me out of it. Red is in a double bind. Tilly either falls out of love on book tours being away from him on book tours or he joins her when she goes and that kills desire. Both end in divorce. I guess drama comes at the cost of making wise romantic decisions.

dgfergiedgfergieover 1 year ago

Read this 3 months ago and today again, still smiling.....................

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

A revealing look at what makes some artists tick. There is an old saying in German that roughly translates: angst makes the theologian. OH, it's a great romance, too. Worth more than one read!

rbloch66rbloch66over 1 year ago

Truly beautiful.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Wow! I read a lot of romances, even though I am a Sci Fi and Fantasy reader and writer. Your story blended two P.O.V.s masterfully. Your character development and progression were well crafted. Your story is better than most of the books and short stories I've edited. Your romance tugged at my heartstrings. Keep writing. Thank you for this gift. K

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I will definitely reread this over and over again. Captured emotions so well. Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

That was beautiful m. Thank you.

Nanashi77Nanashi77over 1 year ago

Loved it, 5 stars.

wabbitwabbitover 1 year ago

Lovely story. I am from NC and believe including the mystery and beauty of the area would deepen an already beautiful story. We have some delicious history and anguished ghosts needing discovery in little houses at the edge of town near the coast. Have you considered going back in time?

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I love this story so much!!!

JuanTwoNoJuanTwoNoover 1 year ago

Yes. Lost and Found. Loved it.

Durken82Durken82over 1 year ago

Se-quel.

Se-quel.

Se-quel.

Se-quel.

TrippygTrippygover 1 year ago

Why are all your short stories the best😭😭😭LIKE GIVE US MORE LOL💀But this was amazing def going in my favorites.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

WOW!

Don_123Don_123over 1 year ago

This is so good. Just at loss of words

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

This is one great Romance! Simply 5*.

Thank you for sharing.

DP

RukkertRukkertover 1 year ago

This must be one of the best I've ever read.

Please keep writing more of these.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Goosebumps and shivering all over. What a stunning romance!!

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userLindsayMurray@LindsayMurray
Thank you for supporting my work! My loyal fans here are what kick-started my career as a writer. I adore you all. I do plan to continue to post short stories here! But if you'd like to be up to date on all my work, visit my website and subscribe to my newsletter. My website f...