All Comments on 'Trying to Build a Better Mousetrap'

by moreandmore

Sort by:
  • 49 Comments
Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 4 years ago
That was different!

And it was a fun change. Clever. Thank you for that.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Like the story

Interesting twist....realize this is fiction and you have to suspend reality a bit, but, if you did this, you would fry more than just the mice (yea....I'm Captain Obvious :) ). Story is kind of a reversal of the wife being hit by a slut ray - more like getting hit by a BTB ray.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Great btb...

...enjoyable short story...5 stars. Thanx!

Loklie

MightyHornyMightyHornyover 4 years ago
Effortless BTB

Dude didn't really do anything, except for dealing with the mouse problem his wife was complaining.

The only one that could truly be blame for her current condition is Hillary herself - if she didn't play, she still would have had a marriage... and a functioning brain.

Karma's a bitch. Nice flash.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
i'd have kept the transmitters going

and only removed them the day before the inspection and put them back up to run until she moved out

DogFuzzDogFuzzover 4 years ago
Oh Yeah

Short and sweet but he did get rid of the mice. A couple of rats besides. I enjoyed your quiet sense of humor.

amischiefmakeramischiefmakerover 4 years ago
Original

I like original! 5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Well

That was unique! 4*

012Say012Sayover 4 years ago
Loved it

Next to last paragraph gets reader leaning one way, for final two sentences. Well done.

SomeOneTwoThreeSomeOneTwoThreeover 4 years ago
Fun.

That was weird and ... well ... entertaining.

Kind of an unintentional BTB.

Would that be Buzz The Bitch?

Top ratings from me.

GrimmerGrimmerover 4 years ago
Unique

5* just because it was different.

Oh, it was pretty entertaining too!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Thanks for sharing...

Your right, one never knows:)... Thanks again:)

Impo_64Impo_64over 4 years ago
Original, funny and a good read...

Original, funny and a good read...Everything is said...4*

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Disagree with MightyHorny

MightyHorny wrote the wife "didn't play, she still would have had a marriage... and a functioning brain."

I have to disagree. She was a cheater; so obviously she doesn't have functioning brain. ;)

Don't believe me? Look at Luedon's comments. I rest my case. :D jk

Bebop3Bebop3over 4 years ago
Unique Story

I enjoyed it. Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Loved it.

Wished he could have cranked it up a bit more and tell her he knew of her affair.

johntcookseyjohntcookseyover 4 years ago
Made me smile.

I’ve been to that landfill - out east of 470. Always an unpleasant task driving out there. Now I’ll chuckle each time I go, and have an amusing anecdote to entertain the poor shmuck I’ve guilted into helping me unload! Thanks much

26thNC26thNCover 4 years ago
Rats

Rats don't always have four legs. He caught a couple of two legged ones. I think you have found the elusive new, different, and unusual way to BTB. Love the story.

luedonluedonover 4 years ago
A BTB ray -- I like that idea: Anonymous comment. "Liked the Story"

The BTB Ray vs the Slut Ray? If it's the Martians who created the Slut Ray, where would the BTB ray emanate from? Mars? Venus? Uranus?

And who would be struck by it? We know that the Slut Ray is very selective and only effective against wives. (See PiperHamlin's treatise on the topic.) It turns the susceptible ones into rampaging adulterous sluts. So who is susceptible to the BTB Ray? What turns some authors and commenters into vengeful moralisers while others resist the BTB ray's effects?

So many possibilities.

Lue

prinnaveaprinnaveaover 4 years ago
BZZZzzzz

"Honey I shrank your brain. Sorry, but you were supposed to be at work when I took care of the meeses."

Nice funny flash story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

what a way to catch two cheaters

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Well that was original and entertaining!

A little dark, but I like them that way. Talk about instant karma! Very efficient story-telling.

enderlocke77enderlocke77over 4 years ago
ew

i have limits, frying someones brains fuck no. i think its bc i love my brain so much, killing them would be more human. ew no thats just disgusting and evil

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

If you pick up a mouse, especially one in any kind of distress, you get bit.

Personal experience.

26thNC26thNCover 4 years ago
Lue

Lue, my dear friend, I believe that it would be in your best interests to avoid that BTB ray. As a great proponent of guilt free, happy , innocent cheating, you might be at risk. It might make you into a moralizer.

luedonluedonover 4 years ago
Avoid it like the plague, my dear 26thNC

No worries, 26thNC. I shall do everything possible to avoid the dreaded BTB Ray. It's done enough damage already around these parts.

Lead undies are most effective. Try them, they protect the important bits.

Lue

ReedRichardsReedRichardsover 4 years ago
Definite points for originality

I’d have thought he’d have told his wife early on about the Rodent Death Ray.

If cheating is stupid, doing it in your own home, in your marriage bed, is stupid squared.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightover 4 years ago
I do like the unique plot.

It was well written and different. My only issue would be that he kept the ray going after he realized it was damaging his wife. I would think he would stop the ray and set up a simple video camera to catch her cheating. She deserves to be divorced, not brain damaged. Other than that, it was a new way to catch a wife cheating and that's a good thing here in LW.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Clever and fun

5*

moreandmoremoreandmoreover 4 years agoAuthor
@johntcooksey

You know your landfills. My horse trainer rented a 1940s brick ranch near that landfill / racetrack. His tales of herding mice were always comical, especially after a day at the races!

robroy93robroy93over 4 years ago
Spouse trap

Nothing quite as satisfying as finding new uses for for a common household device. Caught the rat too.

tazz317tazz317almost 4 years ago
WITH ALL INSTRUMENTS OF WMDs

you must insure the DNA of your victims will be affected during the test. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
PERMANENT BRAIN DAMAGE..........................

Beautiful. I think he should have cranked up the volume to produce more damage. The cheating whore and her fuck buddy should have a lifetime of suffering. This is one of the best.

Helen1899Helen1899over 3 years ago
To kind

He was to kind, she escaped with no punishment, probably moved in with her friend and lived happily ever after

26thNC26thNCabout 3 years ago
Again

Dear moreandmore, I have no problem with your “cruel streak”, or with your BTB attitude. Write on.

iameaseliameaselalmost 3 years ago

This.....explains why I slam some people on here...."He was to kind, she escaped with no punishment, probably moved in with her friend and lived happily ever after"

I would suggest some comprehension skill classes. Or try actually reading it, pretty sure she and her lover didnt get away without some punishment.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Got a kick out of Darwyn’s line about no one caring about the sex of a dead mouse except “some nameless anon”. Ouch! Good story, though, thoroughly enjoyable. Dee.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

One of the reasons I am so addicted to LW is that there are ever more creative and original ways of exposing the cheats and visiting justice upon them. This one is completely peerless. what a pity only 5 stars can be awarded!

NoSauce4uNoSauce4uover 1 year ago

Nice story with a quite creative way to punish the cheating spouse. Too bad the damage isn't permanent. Hoped that it would fry her brain cells into <70 IQ mentally handicapped levels.

Pinto931Pinto931over 1 year ago

Second time I’ve read this, loved even more.

Starwolf1961Starwolf1961over 1 year ago

Pretty cool discovery method. The cheating wife already had brain damage, driving back to the house to have sex was just stupid. That's what cheap motels are for DUH!

dgfergiedgfergieover 1 year ago

Build a better mouse trap and the world will beat a path to your door, or maybe not. Maybe he should market his little project for getting rid of cheating wives? 5 stars

l0ver0tical0ver0ticaabout 1 year ago

Good story! Thanks...

Calico75Calico7510 months ago

Good story! Thanks.

Sumnut96Sumnut964 months ago

A VERY clever story. 5 stars. DMW aka

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Amusingly clever plot line excellently written. BardnotBard

oldtwitoldtwit2 months ago

Sorry I had to laugh, great idea,

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usermoreandmore@moreandmore
A day without sex is like, um, just kidding. I have no idea. I am judged by what I've done and haunted by what I didn't do. I write stories in an attempt to entertain. If it evokes hate filled or non-constructive comments then I smile while I delete them. I won’t have you...