Trying Trial Separation Pt. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Jenny and Todd laid still for about a minute, then she eased him out and off. "Let me get this off before you shrink out of it and start leaking in me," Jenny said with a smile as she pulled the condom off Todd's dick.

Jenny trotted to the adjoining master bathroom and examined the ounce of milky cum trapped in the tip of the used condom before she dropped it in the waste basket. Then she sat on the toilet to pee.

"Would you like me to stay here tonight?" Todd asked from the bed, 10 feet away.

For a moment, Jenny was tempted to say "no, you moved out, remember?" But the night had gone too nicely to deliberately spoil it, so Jenny simply replied, "That would be okay with me."

Jenny returned to the bed and cuddled with Todd until they fell asleep. The next morning, they were awakened by Todd's iPhone alarm. While Todd took a shower, Jenny went to the kitchen to make coffee.

While he showered, Todd thought about asking Jenny, straight out, whether she was having sex with other men. He had never mentally prepared himself for that. He knew it was a possibility during their separation, but he had convinced himself that it was unlikely, given Jenny's home-body personality and previously conservative nature. On second thought, though, Todd knew that if he asked Jenny about other men she would ask him about his other women - some barely legal - so he decided against it.

While making coffee and pouring orange juice, Jenny thought about whether she wanted to fuck Todd again that morning, before they resumed their separate lives. Jenny decided that fucking Todd, and playing with his head (both heads actually), might be fun.

She never got the chance, though. Without even taking a sip of coffee, Todd gave Jenny a quick kiss, and with "I gotta get going," he was out the door.

High School Reunion

Jenny had had a busy day at work and things got even busier after she got home. Now finally, with the girls tucked in, she could take a minute for herself and relax. Then her phone rang. The caller ID told her it was her best friend, Sandra.

"Hey Sandi. You're calling kind of late."

"I know, but I was thinking about you, so I thought I'd give you a quick call instead of just sending a text. How're things going?"

"You probably don't want to know," Jenny responded. "Let me see, I had a lousy day at work, then I had to rush over and pick up the girls from after-school-care. We got home and I fixed dinner, washed the dishes, put a load of laundry in, got the girls to take their baths, watched TV for a little while, then got them to bed. Now I'm having a glass of wine and I'm smoking a cigarette. And I don't want to hear any flack about it from you!"

Sandi laughed. "Alright. I guess you've earned a little "me time" and I won't tell you that you shouldn't be smoking."

"Me time! That's a laugh!" Jenny said, "I'm starting to think that Todd wanted to separate so that he could have 'me time' and I could handle all the work - his share and mine!"

Sandi sympathized. "I know you've got your hands full. If there's anything I can do, call me. By the way, on a different subject, I wanted to ask you what you're wearing to the high school reunion. I still can't believe it's been 10 years since we graduated!"

"Oh gosh!" Jenny exclaimed. That's right! The reunion is coming up in two weeks! Can you go shopping with me this weekend?"

"Oh sure. It'll be fun. Whatever you wear, you know you'll be the best-looking girl there. You look even hotter now than you did on graduation day!"

Jenny chuckled. "Well, on graduation day, if you remember, I had a pretty big baby bump!"

Jenny and Sandi both laughed, then Sandi asked, "Are you going with Todd?"

"Good question. Todd never wanted to go, but I told him he was going, like it or not. Now that we're separated, I can't tell him what to do and I can't make him go."

Sandi erupted. "The hell with that selfish jerk! If Todd doesn't want to go, you can go with me and Bill. There's going to be a lot of 'unattached' people there, and you'll probably have more fun without Todd anyway."

Sandi and Jenny firmed up their plans to go shopping on Saturday, then ended the call.

On Saturday morning, Todd dropped by to pick up the kids for the day, at Jenny's request. She told Todd that she was going dress shopping for the high school reunion and asked him whether he was going to go with her. As expected, Todd reminded Jenny that he never wanted to go to the reunion and he said he had made other plans for that evening. "I'll try to have fun without you then," Jenny said.

Sandi and Jenny had a lot of fun shopping at the mall. Jenny kept trying on sensible dresses and Sandi kept telling her that she needed to be more daring. When Jenny tried on one black gown Sandi laughed and told her she looked like a nun, ready for Sunday mass.

"Oh Jenny, look at this one! You would look totally hot in this!" Sandi held up a little black dress with a halter top open way down the front.

"Sandi, it might cover my nipples but I think the rest of my boobs would show in that thing!"

"Exactly Jen! Try it on! Let's see how your ass looks in it!

With some prodding from Sandi, Jenny took the skimpy dress into a fitting room. When she tried it on, Jenny giggled at her reflection in the mirror. It complimented her "assets" very well and made her ooze sex appeal. She stepped out of the fitting room to let Sandi have a look.

"Wow!" Sandi exclaimed. "That's it! We found your dress!"

Jenny whined some more that it was just too revealing, but with a little good-natured cajoling from Sandi, Jenny bought the dress. After Jenny and Sandi found black heels and a purse to match, they declared their shopping trip a total success.

On the day of the reunion, Jenny's mother picked up the girls for a sleepover. Mom knew that Jenny was busy, and that she planned to get her nails and hair done that afternoon. She also felt sorry for her daughter, since Jenny would have to attend the event without her husband's company.

Two hours before the reunion was to start, Jenny put on her new party dress and carefully applied her makeup and brushed her hair. She looked in the full-length mirror and had to admire the beautiful, alluring woman she saw.

Jenny left her bedroom, then backtracked to her nightstand, where she grabbed a couple of condoms and dropped them in her purse. She had no plans to have sex that night, but she told herself it was always best to be prepared. Besides, going out without her husband, and with condoms at the ready, made her feel extra free and sexy.

Halfway to her front door, Jenny backtracked to the bedroom again. She took off her wedding and engagement rings and put them in her jewelry box.

The sun was setting when Sandi and her husband, Bill, picked up Jenny for the short drive to the banquet hall where the reunion was being held. Sandi told Jenny that she "looked stunning" and Jenny returned the compliment. Bill, who had never weighed in on the trial separation, told Jenny that she was "beyond beautiful", adding that "Todd is out of his freaking mind!"

At the reunion there was an hour-long cocktail party before the formal dinner, followed by live music and dancing until 11 PM. Jenny, Sandi and Bill mixed and mingled among the crowd. All of the attendees were roughly the same age, about 28-years-old, and most of them were in their prime, but there was not a woman there to rival Jennifer. There were lots of shrieks and hugs and OMGs as the former classmates sipped cocktails and reconnected.

While wandering the room, Jenny noticed one handsome guy who wore his blond hair long, well below his shoulders, unlike most of the men in attendance who had short, and sometimes thinning, hair. Jenny also liked the look of his well-trimmed beard. She knew that she knew him, but she couldn't quite place him. He must have looked different in high school. Then it clicked.

"Curt! Curt Anderson!" Jenny shrieked as she dashed toward him to give him a hug. Jenny and Curt had dated in the 11th grade, before Jenny started going steady with Todd.

When it was announced that the cocktail party was ending and that everyone should take their seats in the ballroom, Jenny quietly slipped outside to have a quick smoke. As she exited the building she saw a few others standing around, puffing away. Jenny cringed when she saw that one of them was Carla Smith. Jenny never really liked Carla, who had a well-deserved reputation as an "easy lay". Jenny always thought it was ironic that a girl like Carla could screw half the guys in their class, yet she was the one who got pregnant.

Jenny had an unlit cigarette dangling from her lips and was searching for her lighter when Carla stepped toward her and gave her a light. "Thanks, Carla," Jenny sputtered with her first exhale.

The two women then acknowledged each other with smiles and a friendly hug.

"So Jennifer, I see that you're one of the die-hards, like me, still smoking after all these years."

"Well, I quit years ago and actually just started up again," Jenny said between drags. "Stress. Lots of stress."

"I can imagine," Carla said. "I just found out that you and Todd are getting divorced. I always thought you made the perfect couple."

"We're not getting divorced!" Jenny stated tersely. "It's a trial separation, to sort things out, you know, so we can get our relationship back on track."

Carla smiled. "Well, I'm sure it'll all work out for the best. By the way, I haven't seen Todd tonight."

"He didn't come."

"Oh, that's too bad," Carla said. "I was really looking forward to talking with him and catching up on things."

For two minutes, the two women just stood there, smoking their cigarettes, then Carla cleared her throat and spoke again. "I know this is a little weird, Jen, but could you give me Todd's phone number? I'll be kicking myself if I don't at least call him to say hello."

Jenny was taken aback. She couldn't believe that Carla would have the nerve to ask for her husband's number, most likely to lure him into her bed and fuck him.

After a moment's hesitation, Jenny recited Todd's number as Carla tapped the digits into her cell phone, then they both walked back inside to rejoin the party.

Most of the other guests had already taken their seats at the eight-person dinner tables. Sandi and Bill waved to Jenny, who walked over and took her seat beside her friend. The chair on the other side of Jenny was empty. A name card in front of the undisturbed place-setting read "Todd Russell".

Just then, Curt Anderson approached and asked if he could take the empty seat. Jenny and Sandi both smiled and simultaneously said, "Please do!" As he sat, Curt flipped over Todd's name card and replaced it with his own.

"This could be an interesting evening," Sandi whispered into Jenny's ear. Jenny gave her friend a gentle elbow to the ribs.

Jenny and Sandi, and the others at their table, were enthralled with Curt. Not only was he incredibly handsome; he was witty and charming, and judging by his comments, very successful. Curt said that after high school he went to college and wound up in Seattle, where he started a computer programming and software company that proved to be very lucrative.

"Enough about me," Curt said with a smile. "Jenny, tell me what you've been doing for the past decade, after you broke my heart and kicked me to the curb so that you could go steady with Todd!"

Everyone laughed. They laughed even harder after Jenny quipped, "To tell you the truth, Curt, I'm not sure what the hell I was thinking!"

Jenny then pulled out her iPhone and started showing Curt photos of her two daughters. As Jenny scrolled through her camera roll, Todd's image popped up a few times, but those pictures were ignored.

Curt bought several rounds of drinks from the cash bar for everyone at their table. Jenny drank her share and by the time dinner was over, she was giggling and flirting with Curt as if they were teenagers again. With the halter top of her dress, Jenny wore no bra, and glancing down at herself she could see that her nipples had grown large and were quite visible as they poked out at the soft material supporting her breasts. When the band began to take the stage, Jenny said that she was going to the ladies' room. Sandi, in typical female fashion, said that she would go too.

As they left the ballroom, Jenny confided in her friend. "I don't really need to use the bathroom. I just want to sneak outside and smoke a cigarette to chill for a minute. I'm so fucking wired! I just can't get over Curt! It's like I'm 17 again and I have a huge crush on him! I don't know what to do, Sandi!"

Jenny lit a cigarette and started fiendishly inhaling and exhaling, one long drag after another.

Sandi smiled and focused on her jittery friend. "Jen, listen to me, you're doing fine! You're worried that you have the hots for Curt? Well, guess what - he has the hots for you too. It's obvious that you two are hitting it off, big time! Just go with it! Don't worry about what anyone else might think. Make yourself happy, Jen!"

When Sandi and Jen returned to the ballroom Curt was standing near their table, waiting. He had taken off his sports coat, revealing a custom-tailored white dress shirt that hugged his well-defined upper body. His long hair was pulled back into a tight ponytail, and he was flashing his perfect smile.

"Oh my god, Jen," Sandi swooned, "He is so gorgeous! If you don't fuck him tonight I'll just have to do it myself!"

Jen laughed and wagged her finger at Sandi. "You've got Bill, and you're lucky to have him. You can just leave Curt to me!"

When the ladies approached Curt, he remained standing and took Jenny's hands in his. "Do you remember, Jenny, when we went to the sock hop in the high school gym on our second date? We were tripping all over each other! I'm a better dancer now, if you'd like to give it a try."

Jenny beamed a big smile and nodded a yes. Curt led her onto the dance floor. Jenny noticed a few people glaring at her. Some of them were still Todd's friends and they knew that she was a married woman. Yet there she was, cavorting with her handsome, one-time boyfriend. Jenny actually got a little kick out of noticing those glaring eyes.

When Jenny and Curt reached the dance floor, she was in for a surprise. The once-clumsy Curt started moving in ways that would put John Travolta to shame. Jenny followed his lead. The couple danced so well that their moves appeared to be choreographed. They stayed on the floor for three more songs and found that they were actually performing for their classmates, who clapped and cheered them on.

Exhausted and happy, Jenny and Curt returned to their table and collapsed into their chairs. In a spontaneous way, Curt pulled Jenny toward him and gave her a kiss. Jenny just kept smiling. The kiss was sort-of a "thank you for the dance", and besides, she had kissed Curt many times before, although it was many years ago.

When Sandi and Bill returned to the table, Sandi made a loud "ahem!" sound as she found Jenny and Curt in a prolonged, lip-twisting kiss. After resting for a few more minutes, Jenny and Curt returned to the dance floor where they stayed until the house lights flickered, signaling that the event was nearing an end.

The band's lead singer announced that it was time for the last dance. Jenny and Curt embraced each other and swayed gracefully as the band performed a soulful rendition of the Righteous Brothers' Unchained Melody. When the song ended, just about all the people dancing shared a kiss with their partners, including Jenny and Curt.

Returning to their table to collect their things, Sandi said, "This was so much fun!" Then, she turned to Jenny and asked, "Are you ready to go?"

Jenny smiled at her friend and said, "Curt has a rental car and he said he could drive me home."

Sandi grinned widely, and while giving Jenny a goodnight hug, she whispered, "Have fun tonight!"

A night with Curt

As they walked outside and through the parking lot, Curt took Jenny's hand in his. Jenny had been feeling pleasantly self-conscious all evening, hooking up with another man and being seen by people that she and her husband both knew, but somehow every action now seemed even more blatant while doing it outside the building, in public. Even something as simple as holding hands felt naughty to Jenny, yet exhilarating at the same time. She made it a point to wave with her free hand to other departing classmates, making it obvious that she was attached to Curt.

Approaching his car, Curt said that he was staying at the Sheraton Hotel (the nicest place in town) and that they had a piano bar that was open until the wee hours. When Curt asked Jenny if she'd like to go there for a drink and another dance or two, Jenny quickly agreed.

"Curt, I don't know when or where you learned to dance, but you're the best dancer that I've ever been with. I'd love to dance with you all night!"

Curt smiled. He liked the fact that Jenny had said "all night".

Riding in the car, the talk turned serious with Curt asking Jenny about her separation from Todd. Jenny said that their marriage seemed to be "bogged down a little", in her words, but she said Todd caught her completely off-guard when he said he wanted a trial separation and then moved out on her. Jenny turned the tables on Curt, asking him whether he had ever been married.

"No, Jenny, I've never tied the knot. I'm pretty much a workaholic and that keeps me busy day and night. This three day visit to see my folks and go to the reunion is the longest vacation I've taken in two years. I go out with a lot of women, and I've gotten serious twice. Both times we were living together, then they started cheating on me and both of them ran off with their new boyfriends."

"Oh, that's terrible," Jenny said sympathetically. "You deserve a whole lot better than that."

In her mind, Jenny could not fathom what Curt had said. He was rich, straight, charming, successful and handsome - as close to perfect as a man could get. Why would any woman not want him?

Arriving at the hotel, Curt wrapped one arm around Jenny and walked her through the lobby and into the piano bar. The piano player had a nice voice and the bar had a decent crowd, but Curt and Jenny managed to get a table for two, off to the side. Curt pulled their chairs together, facing the piano, and he rested one hand on Jenny's shoulder as they sat beside each other. Waiting for their drinks to arrive, Curt nudged closer to Jenny and kissed her lips. It was the first of many kisses at that hotel.

When the piano man played a slow song that both Curt and Jenny liked, they strolled to the small dance floor, hand-in-hand, and once again caught everyone's attention with their smooth moves. Curt's hand occasionally slid from Jenny's hip to her ass. One time, Jenny smiled at Curt and said "naughty boy" but she never tried to stop him as he moved his hands around her body in time with the music. As the song ended, Curt whispered in Jenny's ear, "Would you like to come up to my room?" Jenny whispered back, "okay."

Strolling from the bar to the elevator, Curt and Jenny each wrapped an arm around the other. Waiting for the elevator to arrive, they embraced and kissed. They broke the kiss when the elevator doors opened, then resumed as soon as they stepped inside and ascended to the hotel's top floor. Halfway down the hall, Jenny smiled at Curt as he opened a door with his pass card and then held it open for her to step inside. Jenny was pleasantly surprised to see that Curt had booked a suite, not just a hotel room.

"Have a seat," Curt said, pointing to the couch. "What can I get you to drink?"