TSS 3: Knight's Son Ch. 10

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

That thought left me feeling worse. How close were we being monitored?

"Fuck you, and fuck the fucked-up horse you fucking rode in on, you fucking fucker!" Adam shouted and stormed from the classroom. It was slightly more dignified than when he fled my house.

"Eloquently put," Joshua chuckled before slapping me on the back. "Man, it sounds like you had quite the break. We'll need to hang out sometime and catch up."

I nodded, but the professor cleared his throat before I could say anything. "If the dramatics are concluded, I believe I have a curriculum to follow. Unfortunately, we're already a week behind, so please find your seats."

I found the closest seat, and the two girls quickly sat to my left, Josh on my right. I found out the other girl's name was Serina when she handed me a note with her phone number on it. She also leaned close to say, "Adam is such a creeper. I knew something was off with his story. How about you tell me what actually happened over coffee?"

I put on my most apologetic smile as I turned her down. "Sorry, I don't want to give you the wrong idea, but I don't think my girlfriends would appreciate that."

I tried to hand her the note with her number back, but she refused it. "Keep it. I know who you are, Bobby, and if you can satisfy more than one girl, maybe they'd be willing to share a little more? I know Jenny and I haven't been too shy with each other."

Okay, I'll admit it here. My cheeks burned at Serina's forward attitude. Had the world gone crazy after my death? Before being blown up, I could have sworn that most women would be disgusted with me having more than one girlfriend. Yet, not only was this girl not turned off by it, but it seemed to arouse her.

You're not using your magic on her, are you? I asked Charlotte in my head.

No, came her immediate response. However, with your incubus genes and my presence, you are more attractive to anyone interested in men. And before you get upset, it's not some mind-control thing. Some people are just more attractive than others. Also, in my opinion, while you may not look exactly as you had before, I'd argue you're better looking now.

I turned my attention to the professor as he taught, accepting Charlotte's response and ignoring the foot that occasionally brushed against mine.

"Okay, so tell us what really happened," Jenny said as soon as the class ended. "How did he break his hand?"

"Yeah, I have to admit I'm curious also," Josh added. "You're not the violent type, but you said he attacked you?"

"It's a long story," I tried to hedge my way out of that conversation. "I really should be getting to my next class."

"It's with my dad, right?" Josh asked. I noticed that all three of them stayed with me. Suddenly I couldn't remember if we shared that class or not. I couldn't remember Serina or Jenny in there, but I also didn't pay attention to the other students. I have a free hour right now, so I can walk with you while you spill it."

"Your dad is Doctor Bins, right?" Serina asked. "He's always so stuffy about his title."

"Try living with him," Josh chuckled. "There's a reason I live on campus. Since I lost my last roommate, I actually have a room to myself."

"Well, we're free right now also," Jenny piped in, shifting the subject back. "Why don't you play hooky and hang out with us?"

I didn't miss the hopeful light in Josh's eyes, nor his mention of having no roommate. I was pretty sure he was single also and saw this as a chance for me to play wingman for him. Josh was a good man, but I couldn't miss this class.

"I can't miss it," I grimaced and picked up my pace. "My girlfriends are in that class with me, and I always struggle with his biology lessons."

"I'd be happy to teach you some biology," Serina muttered. I know I wasn't meant to hear it, but this new body had increased my senses. Then, she said, "Well, maybe we'll also sit in on that class. I think Jenny was going to take it next term anyway, though I'm going to take a different credit to fill that requirement."

Can't they take a hint? I wondered to myself, forgetting in my frustration that I had an unwanted passenger in my brain.

The girls are interested in who you're dating and interested in you, Charlotte answered my question. As for your buddy, he's hoping that he might get lucky by hanging out with you and them by proxy. Well, not lucky in the sexual sense because of his foolish religion. But he wouldn't mind dating either of these women. I must say that I'm impressed with Serina's imagination. She wants to get wild and nasty with you. She would totally wreck Josh. And before you ask, no, I'm not going to tell you what ideas she has--you got upset with me enough with all the things I taught you last night. And no, I'm also not using my succubus magic on anyone.

That news made me want to abandon going to class altogether and not to hang out with them. So they wanted to meet Shayna and Elly? I couldn't see anything good coming from their meeting.

My mind raced on what excuse I could use with my wives for why I wasn't in class. Would they even care? I think Shayna had flirted with me that morning but was it just for show? Elly had a more open mind, but she was also more reserved, and her low self-esteem didn't fit with the stunning woman that she was. Then, of course, there was also that text from Shayna about meeting up for class. Did she mean it, or was she pretending to keep in character?

It would be best if you remembered that while Shayna flaunted her good looks and body, Elly hid hers. Shayna received a ton of attention, but was cold to everyone. Elly was ignored. Their friendship is one built from years of closeness, but their personalities are very different.

I hated to admit it, but her advice fit. Why the hell did she have to sound so sensible?

Before I could devise a plan to escape, someone jumped onto my back and covered my eyes. "Guess who," a gravelly voice demanded in my ear. I knew the person was female and petite right away, though I didn't recognize the disguised voice.

There were only two petite women I knew that might do this, and only one of them would do this on campus.

"Let's see... Small and light... Sounds fun, despite the voice... Is this the pet monkey I wanted for my birthday?" I intentionally guessed wrong as I reached down and gripped her thighs. Despite the worry and concerns I had a moment ago, this playfulness put me in a better mood.

"Ass!" Shayna chided me, slapping my back.

"Says the woman that jumped me," I laughed as Shayna tried to get down, but I held on tighter.

"I don't think a semi-truck could knock you over now," she laughed while continuing to struggle.

I struggled for a moment not to let that comment get to me. I might have stumbled before if someone Shayna's diminutive size had leaped onto my back, but it wouldn't have knocked me over--as long as I was sober. This time I doubt I even budged.

"Wait..." Serina stared at us for a moment in utter shock. Then, she picked her jaw back up before continuing. "You mean to tell me that the Ice Queen is your girlfriend?"

"Girlfriend, huh?" Shayna tittered. "Is that the term you're going with?"

Remembering our audience, I let her down. She surprised me by hopping up quickly and landing a soft kiss on my cheek.

"It's a good enough term for now," Elly said as she walked up. This time it was my turn to be struck speechless. Elly was stunning at the First Knight party, but there was something about how she looked in the light of day. Pale, slender legs stood above a pair of blue low tops. Topping those smooth legs was a pair of short shorts that didn't even make it to mid-thigh. Completing the ensemble was a matching blue and white spaghetti strap top that wasn't precisely form-fitting but also not exactly loose either. Her makeup only consisted of the barest blush, lipstick, and a touch of eyeliner, yet it accentuated her beauty to perfection. Light brown hair wove in an intricate braid, starting at her right temple and winding around the back of her head to hang in front of her left shoulder.

"By that dumb-struck look, I'd say this was a success!" There was no way to mistake Shayna's tone as anything other than gloating.

"Fine, you win," Elly grimaced, which somehow didn't mare her beauty. "I'll make dinner all this week." She stepped up and planted a soft kiss on my other cheek.

"And isn't that what's-her-name?" Jenny whispered into the silence that followed. "You know, that girl who always knows the answers and always sits in the back of every class?"

"Shush!" I heard Serina's command and realized I wasn't supposed to hear Jenny.

"Wow, man," Josh seemed to have found his voice as he faced us. "Gotta give ya props. I didn't... I mean, you were always talking about... Uh... Well, I'm impressed. You ladies have yourself a fine man."

"Thanks, Josh," I said, glad he hadn't finished some of those sentences.

"Don't we, though?" Shayna gave him a thousand-watt smile.

"Um, hi," Serina stepped up to Shayna with a fake smile. "I don't know if you remember me; I--"

"I remember you," Shayna cut her off with an expression I couldn't read. "You tried out for the cheer squad, right? You were actually pretty good."

Serina's eyebrows knit together in confusion before she spoke. "I was? I think your exact words were, 'A falling turnip taking a shit before landing in a blender has more grace.' I can't forget them."

"Huh," Shayan pondered with a sour twist to her lips. "That's one of my less creative taunts. You actually almost made the JV team."

"Almost made the--" Jenny spluttered, stepping between Serina and Shayna. "You didn't see the tears your stupid comment caused. Or listen to her cry about how cruel you were. You ruined her dream of being on the team!"

"This doesn't concern me," I said, turning to go. The last thing I wanted to do now was to end up in the middle of a catfight. "I'm getting to class before I'm too late."

I saw Josh nod, but Elly's hand on my chest and Shayna's cold words stopped me. "No, Bobby. You should know what you're getting into with me. Stay."

Josh gave me an apologetic look and then did everything short of a run to get away. I didn't blame him. He knew I didn't need him there, and there was no need for both of us to suffer here.

I turned back to see Serina trying to pull Jenny away from Shayna. I didn't think it would become an actual fight, but I knew she was furious by how Jenny's cheeks burned red.

"You're a good friend--Jenny, was it?" Shayna said in even tones. "And yes, what I said was harsh, cruel, and entirely over the top. But, Serina, you didn't fail the tryouts because of your performance. The final test was putting up with my attitude. You would have made the team if you'd stood there and taken what I said, even showing tears. I tell everyone they're terrible at the end of their first tryouts, no matter how good they are. If they can stand there and take it, I know they're strong enough emotionally to be on the team. I know it means jack shit to you now, but I'm sorry for making you feel like that. Yes, that was my intent, but not because you were terrible. I remember you because of how complicated and intricate your performance was. You had a couple minor missteps, but overall I was impressed."

"Do you think your little speech is supposed to make things better?" Jenny demanded, but Serina pulled her away. "No, I'm not going to let this go. I remember the way you cried in my arms. She was a complete bitch to you, and--"

"And she already knows it," Serina cut her off calmly. Her light green eyes shone with something new as she looked to me. "I don't know how you cracked her black heart, but watch yourself. I'll be seeing you around, Bobby. Let me know if you want that coffee." Then, without waiting for a response, she grabbed Jenny's hand and hauled her away.

I looked in the direction Josh had fled and wondered if it was too late to follow after him. That little display made me see Shayna in a different light. Sure, I'd heard the rumors about how cold and bitchy she could be, but I'd never tried to interact with her. Of course, I noticed her cheering at my games but never saw her at the after-parties.

Then Shayna turned to look at me, her eyes-blue eyes fierce but with an underlying vulnerability. I knew I wouldn't abandon her. I'd seen a lot from her in the last little bit. Curiosity, desire, anger, hurt, teasing, and others, but I don't think I'd ever seen her this defenseless. Even when we discussed the marriage agreements, she never looked at me this way.

"Now you know more about who I am," Shayna said. Her blue eyes met mine as though challenging me to defy her. "It's all in the file we sent you, of course, but I'm guessing you haven't had much opportunity to review it. I'm exactly what everyone's always called me. The Ice Queen; a cold-hearted bitch. If you have a problem with that, then it's your problem. I'm not going to change for you or anyone. Especially now that I have more control over my life."

I glanced at Elly, but she made a face that told me I was on my own.

Do you want my advice? Charlotte asked in a sincere tone.

No, I responded, hoping I wasn't about to make a mistake.

Turning back to Shayna's fierce gaze, I met it with more self-confidence than I felt. "Good. Don't change," I told her and almost smiled at the shock I saw in her gaze. "Were you cruel? Yes. But you had a reason to be. I might disagree with your methods of testing a person's emotional strength, but that's your job. Not mine. I won't tell you how to run your cheerleaders. You want to call yourself a cold-hearted bitch, but I've seen past the ice. I've seen the heat and passion that burns within you. I've seen the way you look at Elly. Even after... you were freed from your other concerns, there is still love between you.

"Maybe you're trying to push me away because of my own internal conflicts," I continued speaking as Shayna's eye's widened at my words. "Or perhaps this is just you testing my emotional strength. If you want rid of me, you'll have to tell me. Bluntly. Otherwise, I plan on completing my mission of winning you both back."

"Oh, so now we're a prize to be won?" The anger returned to her light eyes, but I smirked in response. I didn't need Charlotte to tell me I was on the right track.

"Yes, you are." I stepped closer to her, invading her personal space as I looked down on her shorter frame. "But don't sell yourself short. You're also so much more. You understand what it means to make hard decisions as a leader. You know what you're looking for when building a team. Not only are you intelligent, but you know how to think. Those two don't always go hand-in-hand. You're not weak. Others may see that as standoffish or unapproachable. Hell, considering what you had to do to maintain eligibility for First Knight, it's no wonder you put on that persona. You can try that with me, but you should know that I see through you."

Shayna blinked a few times, trying to gather her thoughts, but I turned and stepped up to Elly. My other wife was almost as tall as me, but she held her ground, though her brown eyes widened at my sudden approach. "And don't think for a minute that I don't understand why you hid yourself for all those years. Hardly anyone knows who you are, despite how brilliant you are. Or if they do remember you, they only remember that weird, smart girl hiding in the back of the class. I see you all dressed up and looking incredible, and I won't deny that it affects me, but you should be who you want to be. So if you're going to dress and draw every eye around you, go ahead. If you wish to return to the background, that's fine. But do it for you, not because of Shayna or me or some rule pushed onto you from the you-know-who. I want you to understand that I'm just as interested in you as Shayna. No more. No less."

I stepped back and regarded them both. "You're both free to do as you please, of course. I intend to win you both over. But, if that's not what you want, now is the time to tell me. Otherwise, I'm late for class, and we all know what a bastard Doctor Bins can be."

I waited for all of two seconds, which felt like thirty, before turning around and heading for my biology class. My heart raced, wondering if I'd pushed too hard or not enough. I knew I could ask Charlotte, but that felt like cheating.

After a few lonely steps, I heard them catch up. Elly was the first one to speak.

"I have to ask, how much did your passenger help with that?"

"I offered to help, but he refused to let me," Charlotte's voice came from my lips.

I noticed Shayna shudder before she spoke. "Ugh, I don't think I'll ever get used to that."

"Imagine how I feel," I retorted. "She doesn't give me any warning. Whatever happened to my body, my choice?"

"What the hell?" Charlotte demanded from my mouth. "You're a guy. You can't say that. Besides, this is our body. It holds both of our souls equally. I just let you drive it more because I want to disrupt your life as little as possible."

I almost scoffed at her not disrupting my life until I remembered that I would still be dead if not for her intervention. So, like it or not, I owed her at least a bit for getting me out of purgatory... Even if she hijacked my connection back to the mortal world against that powerful being's desires.

"I don't like to agree with her," Elly spoke up, "but she's right about you trying to appropriate that saying."

I groaned but chose not to point out that, according to Charlotte, I was half female. Okay, after writing that part down, I understand their point a bit more. I'm a male, while Charlotte is a female, but that doesn't make me half female. Ugh, this whole damned thing is confusing!

We walked in silence the rest of the way to Dr. Bins's classroom.

Unfortunately, we were late, and the older man made sure the whole class knew it.

"I'm so thankful you three could join us," the older grey-haired man drolled with contempt. "I know I may not teach the type of biology you would like, but one would think that a well-rounded education would be important enough for you to appear on time and without disrupting my class. I expected better from you three, though I'm most surprised by you, Miss Macnamara. No, I don't want to hear your excuses. I'm quite certain they're quite well thought out and rehearsed. You've already disrupted my class enough. Find your seats, if you'd be so kind, so I can carry on with the lesson you interrupted."

What an asshole! Charlotte shouted in my head loud enough that I almost wondered if others could hear her. His class would have been disrupted less had he kept his big mouth shut.

The three of us made our way to some front-row seats, the only three empty seats next to each other. I was pleasantly surprised when the women left a chair open to sit between them.

You have to know he did that on purpose, I thought back to her as we found some seats near the front. Even I know he does that to embarrass us and incentivize us not to be late again. Can't you see it in his thoughts?

I can't read his thoughts. Before you ask, he knows how to block mind reading. It's not like with Willmont and your pendant. The block feels different.

I grimaced and held my hand against my chest. I'd managed to forget about my missing heirloom until that moment. Despite Charlotte's claim, I couldn't believe that Consul Willmont had my pendant. Why would he lie to me about it?

Because he wanted its protection, Charlotte informed me. I know a thing or two about that god-blessed artifact. It'll only protect those who receive it from a loved one or a corpse. It's weaker in the latter's case but regains its full strength if passed on to a loved one, as your mother did to you. Its magic gets nullified if stolen until passed on by a loved one.