Tuck Me In (Ragnar and Athelstan)

Story Info
Ragnar tucks Athelstan into bed.
1.2k words
5
1.4k
00
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Ragnar and Athelstan from Vikings (TV). Gay. Romance.

***

Snow descended in the sky, and the thick sheet of snow already bore footprints.

Kattegat was the first place Ragnar showed Athelstan when he regarded him as a slave; it was a large sea situated in between Denmark, Sweden, and Norway. But now, as a free man, Athelstan chose to follow Ragnar wherever he went. It was a bond they shared, and quite frankly, Ragnar was the only person Athelstan could truly, truly trust. A strange trust, especially when Ragnar didn't even care that Athelstan no longer acknowleged the Norse Gods. He went from God to Odin, unsure of which path to take.

And Ragnar trused Athelstan enough to take him to his bedchamber; a place for dreams, and the kind of place where people were the most vulnerable. In the year of 800 AD, it was easy for enemies to murder folk in their slumber, and Ragnar barely got any sleep as it was. It was a building made of Lincoln Logs, and the only thing that gave them privacy were two long curtains made out of sheep's skin. Roof was covered in grass and dirt.

"Thank you for joining me, Athelstan. Right now, you're the only person I have left," he stated quietly, albeit he never stopped smiling at the other. "I don't want you to go anywhere. Not back to England, but here - stay here in Kattegat where you're safe."

"I see," Athelstan pulled a small smile, bittersweet. His eyes didn't know where to look; they seemed confused. "Thank you, Ragnar."

Placing his hands onto Athelstan's shoulders, the broader man leaned forward, and then planted a peck onto Athelstan's forehead. A genuine smile now graced the priest's rims, as he flicked a gaze up to the other man. His hand rose, resting the palm on Ragnar's hand.

"How could I ever leave you?" Athelstan questioned, more rhetorical than something to answer. He bit the inside of his cheek as he kept watch of Ragnar in front of him.

"Isn't it your bed time, priest?" Ragnar teased, tongue-in-cheek. "Maybe I could tuck you in?"

Nervously, Athelstan nodded in response, and a mere quiver could be heard in his voice. "I'd like that, although I'm sure you would do other things, too."

Furrowing brunette brows for a second, Ragnar cocked his head to one side. "What makes you think that, hmm?"

"Well-" Athelstan cleared his throat promptly, averting his gaze away from Ragnar. His smile became weak, shaking a little. "I've known you for a great while. I know you would stay with me while I sleep. Or...at least I hope you would."

"Hm? Let's make that happen, or something like that."

The grin along Ragnar's rims never faded, and his gaze stayed fixed on Athelstan's coy response. His large hands guided Athelstan backward, until the back of his legs found the bed behind him. Athelstan looked at Ragnar again, but then his eyes closed, and his lips were met with the other's.

"Like this?" Ragnar teased behind the kiss, as his grin shrunk into a mere smirk.

"Mhm-" Athelstan intoned, nodding his head. "Yes. Like that."

Large hands were still on Athelstan's lithe shoulders, as Ragnar's muscular torso towered over the lithe male's. His lips pressed against Athelstan's a second time, performing a greater kiss than the former. Beard brushed against his chin, quite ticklish but Athelstan didn't seem to make a sound about that. Ragnar had this long, gruff-looking beard, whereas Athelstan bore a neat, short boxed beard that was neatly trimmed at the sides.

Shakingly, Athelstan reached up and placed his hands onto Ragnar's chest. His chest was still clad in a black top, albeit not yet stripped. One hand explored, feeling the short fuzz of hair on Ragnar's head. Athelstan remembered the long braid that Ragnar had in the early days they met, albeit it was now removed.

Parting from the kiss, Ragnar chuckled. "I should get up just in case I crush your tiny body, isn't that right?"

"I do hope that is a joke," voiced Athelstan, leaning up.

"Do not worry, it is," he teased. "I suppose you meant more than just staying? I'm sure."

"Well...yeah."

Keeping his torso propped up with his elbows, Athelstan snickered at the Northman's response. A curious brunette brow rose, as Athelstan rose a hand, brushing curly brunette locks out of his view.

"Wait, aren't you going to kiss me some more, or is that it? You can't be serious. You're a Northman - a Pagan - I thought you people loved intimacy, chemistry, and sex. More than a Christian does."

Beam widened, Ragnar shook his head lightly and just chuckled. Nothing really phased him, especially when Queen Kwenthrith urinated on his open wound a good few days ago. He merely shrugged, as his cerculean orbs stayed locked on the former monk behind him on the bed.

"So what?"

"You know what. Don't act like you don't!" Athelstan rose his voice, albeit there was still a hint of laughter in his tone.

"Well, sure. The gods must be smiling down on me this evening," he snickered, shrugging his shoulders again. "You desire my company more than ever. More than the women do."

"You might look intimidating, but you're a...um...something soft on the inside," mentioned Athelstan.

"Something soft? I guess I could be your cuddly bear, but do not let anyone know."

Placing a hand onto the back of Athelstan's head, Ragnar moved forward and pressed his rims against the other's. His tongue passed Athelstan's closed lips, finding its way into his warm mouth. Ragnar didn't hesitate either, his lips melded with Athelstan's and that was it. His other large arm swathed around Athelstan's torso, bringing the lithe male in close. Breath felt warm; smelled of...dinner (typical with Ragnar lol). The hand on Athelstan's head gripped a fistful of curly brown locks, although Ragnar wasn't rough with him. Surprisingly enough, Ragnar was gentle with Athelstan.

Ragnar parted his mouth from the other's, and then smirked. "That better?"

"Yes. Much better."

"Need me to tuck you into bed now?"

Athelstan merely droned of embarrassment at this point, "yes."

Laying down onto the straw bed, Athelstan had his hands resting on his chest. The bed was lined with straw and cowhide, making it feel tough and easy to rest on. He watched Ragnar move in close, as the larger man pulled up a thick enough blanket, covering Athelstan's lithe body with the fabric. It was thick enough for the winter months, since Ragnar had felt the cold pretty much all his life unlike Athelstan. His fingers pushed the loose areas of the blanket under Athelstan's back, so that the blanket would appear snug and tight around him.

"Is that okay?" Ragnar checked, still arranging the blanket around Athelstan.

"Mhm," he nodded in return.

Ragnar planted a very quick, fleeting peck on Athelstan's forehead, making the smaller male chuckle at the gesture.

"You don't have to treat me like a child," snickered the priest.

"Why not?"

"But I feel comfortable, so thank you."

"As I thought."

Blowing out the flame that flickered on a lone wax candle beside the bed, the room was now filled with complete and utter darkness. Ragnar laid beside Athelstan, closing his eyes in a heartbeat. An arm rested over the other, keeping Athelstan warm.

"Good night, Athelstan. I hope you have pleasant dreams about your god tonight."