Twin Flames Pt. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I wonder if he'll have an opinion on the wine," I said, smiling.

Paul laughed and shook his head.

"Follow me," he said. "I'll show you the way. We're fine, Claude, thanks for your help." I sensed a tension between the two men that I hadn't yet noticed.

Claude turned and left with an eye roll so subtle I wasn't sure if that was what it was.

"He didn't exactly approve of you," Paul said, looking back to me.

"What?" I said, bewildered. "I thought we were getting along terrifically."

"He's not treated me so well," Paul said, smiling. "I made a mistake and upset him when we first met. He hasn't really chosen to warm up to me, but I'm sure it's not personal."

"I didn't even notice it," I said.

"That's a good thing," Paul said, giving me a smile. He started walking out into the hallway and towards another set of stairs. "There are so many things to remember here. You should be able to pick them up."

"I hate to say it, but I'm afraid that I'm not a very good student," I said. "I have a hard time focusing on anything for too long. I'm afraid that if I'm actually here, I won't be able to hang on to any of it."

"I'm sure you'll learn," Paul said, smiling. "You'll have to find a way to admit your fears, though, if you're going to be able to grow."

I wanted to ask him what he meant by that. But I knew enough not to push for an explanation.

"I guess that's a given," I said, smiling. "But I won't be able to learn very much if I can't focus on the lessons."

"You'll figure it out," Paul said, smiling. "Come on, we'll see Benedict. He's in the library."

Paul took the steps two at a time and I had to hurry to keep up.

On the second floor landing, we passed a door labeled, 'L'Alchimie'. Paul turned to me, "The science of transmutation."

"What does all that mean?" I asked.

"The transmutation of metals, matter, and all else," Paul said. "I'll show you later."

On the third floor landing, we came across a door labeled, 'La Théorie'. Paul turned to me, "The theory of the universe."

We continued to the fourth floor, where there was a long corridor labeled, 'La Médecine'. Paul turned to me and said, "Medical science."

"Should I be scared?" I said with a laugh.

"Not yet," Paul said, smiling. "Just be patient."

We turned the corner and came to a second, larger door, labeled, 'La Philosophie'. Paul put his hand on the door and contemplated it for a moment. Then, he turned to me and said, "This is where I will study. The philosophy of humanity."

"I'm not sure I'm ready for that," I said with a laugh.

"It's not difficult," Paul said. "We study the Scriptures, and then try to understand why they're important to us."

"I've read the Scriptures," I said. "They're pretty dry, to be honest. I've always thought that it would be great if they could be more, I don't know...entertaining, even."

Paul smiled, "Maybe you'll find that you start to enjoy them, as well."

"My mouth is watering," I said cheekily. "I'd love to hear what the monks have to say about them."

"We all still have a lot to learn," Paul said with a grin. "I'll watch out for you if you need help. Just remember that if you're not massaging your brain, you're hurting it."

"Thanks," I said, smiling. "I guess I can't argue with that."

"Now, don't worry about the other monks," Paul said. "We're all very friendly around here."

"I'm sure that's not the case for everyone," I said. "I'm kind of nervous about meeting them all."

"They're just like you," he said. "It's hard to tell them apart sometimes."

"I hope so," I said. "I hope the community isn't too insane."

Paul laughed, "You worry too much."

We entered the library and I immediately felt at home. The smell of old books was intoxicating. The room was decorated with stained glass windows that let in a soft light. In the center of the room, there was an ancient desk covered in scrolls and tomes. Sitting behind the desk was Benedict, who motioned for us to come over.

"This is Adam," Paul said. "He's been assigned to the library for the time being."

"Welcome," Benedict said, stood up and walked over to shake my hand. Benedict had a kind face, but there was a firmness in his eyes that told me that he would be a stickler for the rules.

"He'll do fine," Paul said, smiling. "He's very eager to learn."

"That's always a good thing," Benedict said, smiling. "At times, we can be a bit too rigid. But we're not as bad as we once were. In the times of the Scraping...." Benedict stopped himself, holding up his hands to his mouth. "It's not for us to discuss."

"In any event, I am glad to have you here," Benedict said. "There are few people who are so willing to take on the responsibility of an apprentice."

"I picked up some skills in my year at university," I said. "I'm sure I'm not a master, but I'm happy to sponge anything I can from the more experienced monks."

"Well, then," Benedict said, smiling. "That's a good start."

I sensed that Benedict wasn't concerned with me intensifying my education, but I wasn't about to complain.

"So, Paul," Benedict said, sitting down, "will you ready the wine for us?"

"That's an easy one," Paul said, walking over to the desk. He reached into a drawer and pulled out a bottle of wine. He placed it on the desktop, "That should be enough."

Benedict motioned for me with his hand, "Come, sit."

I walked over to the desk and sat down. There were stacks of scrolls, tomes, and manuscripts in front of Benedict. Benedict gestured for me to look at the collections. They were arranged by color. Red, Green, Teal, and Blue.

"Why don't you choose a color, my young friend," said Benedict with a sly smile.

I looked down at the stack of books and chose a teal colored book at random.

"Good choice," Benedict said. "Open it."

I opened the book and looked at the page. The paper was yellow and the print was in black ink. I flipped through the pages and saw the same thing on each one. The writing was in a very cramped script and it was very densely packed, too tight for me to even read. What language was it in?

"Now what?" I said.

"Now, read the first paragraph," Benedict said.

I scanned the first few paragraphs, but my reading of it was hopeless. It was written in a language that I couldn't read. I didn't know any languages that matched the script.

"What's the secret?" I asked Benedict.

Benedict smiled, "You can if you want to. It is not easily accomplished, but it is always worth the effort."

"It's not that easy," I said. "I mean, I've been trying to read it and I'm not getting very far."

"What is it?" Benedict asked.

"I don't know," I said.

"There's no shame in admitting you don't know," Benedict said. "It's a beautiful, long-lost language."

"What is it?" I asked. "And why was it lost?"

"To answer the first question," Benedict said. "It was a beautiful language, created by a man who called himself the Sage. The Sage's greatest creation was his language. It was just as beautiful as his visions, which he recorded in these writings."

"Keep going," I said, eager to learn more.

"The Sage's visions were wonderful, imaginative, and deep. He foretold the end of the world, but he also had great plans for peace in the aftermath."

"Sounds pretty far-fetched," I said. "There are a lot of prophecies that aren't believed."

"Do you believe Jesus's resurrection was a hoax?" Benedict asked.

"Of course not," I said. "I just don't know about this...Sage. How well did he predict the future?"

"He was a man of great faith and great vision," Benedict said. "He had people pray to him, and he told them that he could see the future. He could understand the language of the heavens, and he could see the future."

"What did he see?" I asked.

"He saw the future of humanity," Benedict said. "He could tell them what would happen. Sweet boys and girls, married young, but with children. The earth would tear itself apart, and the people would starve. All the leaders in the world would be killing each other, which would cause the people to suffer even more. Then, there would be a great plague, and many would die. However, he saw one man rise up and save humanity. He would lead a revolution against the ruling powers and lay the groundwork for a new age."

"And what was the Sage's plan to avoid this fate?" I asked.

"He told the children of the world to learn his language, leave the world, and build a new civilization beyond the stars," Benedict said. "They can be a new race of people, and this man will be their leader. They will learn to rebuild the world, and the world will change around them. This was the Sage's vision of the future, and he was very sure of it."

"What happened to him?" I asked.

"He died," Benedict said. "Many years ago. He filled his eyes with many visions, and he created many pages of his language, but he couldn't bear to leave them behind. He wanted to keep them safe, but he wasn't sure that he would be able to. He spent his last moments writing them down for the good of the world."

"That's amazing," I said. "If it's true...it's amazing."

"It is," Benedict said. "But not everyone believes it. Have you ever read the Book of Numi? It is a similar prophecy. In fact, if you read it carefully, you can see that it is almost the same. I'm sure that the Sage and Numi saw the same things in their visions. Numi saw the same doom and the same hope, just with a different story. Who knows, maybe talking to animals is the new prophecy."

I laughed, "Maybe."

"Anyway, the point is that the language is very beautiful," Benedict said. "Please, finish your wine."

Paul poured me another glass of wine, and Benedict sat back down at the desk. Paul's arm was resting on the desk, and he was looking at me carefully.

The faint scent of lavender filtered into the room. I had a strong intuition that Paul was telling me something with his eyes. I leaned back in my chair, looking at his eyes. Benedict, in turn, looked up at me.

"What are you thinking?" Benedict asked.

"I'm thinking that Paul's eyes are a lot like mine," I said, curiously. "What's that supposed to mean?"

"The eyes are windows to the soul," Benedict said. "They tell you about each other."

"I've looked into Paul's eyes," I said. "They're very warm and friendly."

"Against your will?" Benedict asked.

"No," I said.

Paul smiled.

"Okay," Benedict said, standing up. "There is only one more thing that you must do before you begin your training, Adam. Paul, please lead him to the training floor."

I stood, and they led me out of the library and down a short hallway. The walls were bare, and the floor was made of polished stone. I could hear water dripping as we walked along. The sound became louder, and the hallway ended in a large room.

At the end of the room was a wide round pool, filled with water. Bubbles were breaking at the surface. The floor was made of smooth stone, and there was a single stone bench at the water's edge. I approached it and sat down.

"Now, Adam, lock your eyes on Paul's," Benedict said.

I held his gaze as Benedict spoke.

"Call him your deep and your beloved," Benedict said. "You will feel a strange connection to him. You will feel an intense need to be close to him. You must not doubt this need. It is yours alone, and it is done for a reason. In time, you will come to understand that your need is for him to be at your side."

"My deep and my beloved," I whispered, looking into Paul's eyes.

"Reach out for his hand," Benedict said. "Touch him. Wrap your fingers around his."

I reached out and touched Paul's strong hand. I felt a shock of electricity. I tried to pull back my hand, but it was as if my body wasn't working. A feeling of warmth spread through my fingers, and my body tingled from his touch. I felt my face burn, and a strange, strange joy filled my soul.

"You are connected now," Benedict said. "A good connection, but it is not yet complete. You must complete this connection."

Paul squeezed my hand and put his other hand on top. His touch was almost electric, and I felt an immense calm spread through my body.

"Twin flames," Benedict said gently. "Yes, twin flames."

My body glowed, my eyes shimmered. I felt a buzzing in my ears, as a low hum resonated within me. I looked at Paul, and he was glowing, glowing, glowing.

"You are connected," Benedict said. "Now you must go to the far wall."

I turned and walked slowly to the wall opposite of the pool. I reached out and touched it, and it felt as if it was made of liquid. It felt warm and alive.

"Put your hand on the wall," Benedict said. "Feel the energy flow through you."

I raised my hand and put it flat against the wall. A shuddering feeling spread through my body. It felt like a thousand tiny needles were piercing me, but they grew hot and searing. I felt my muscles twisting, stretching, and twisting again.

"Now, Adam, you must make your connection with Paul complete," Benedict said.

As if propelled by an external force, I reached out behind me and pulled Paul's muscular arm around my waist as I pressed my front against the wall. We were pressed tightly together and our faces were only inches apart. I heard the sound of the water in the pool and the sound of a thousand humming bees, in an endless chorus.

"You are a twin flame," Benedict said. "Spewed together by the same divine fire. You are one in a million times. Do not defer this connection. Do not be afraid to recognize it, for when you do, your life will change forever."

Pounding filled my ears, as my head began to spin. My body felt alive, tingling and humming. I could feel the energy moving through me, and I was unable to resist any longer.

I kissed Paul. It was the most natural thing in the world. I wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled his body into me, pressing my back against the wall. The bottom of my body pressed against his. His strong arms tightened around my waist and I felt his chest against mine, his heart pounding.

"Do not make this too difficult," Benedict said. "You are one in a million times. He is your twin. If you wait any longer, you will find it very difficult to truly recognize your love."

"I know," I said, my eyes flooded with tears. "I know."

I lifted my head and kissed him again. His lips were warm and his mouth tasted like wine. The bells in my ears were ringing louder and louder, and I could smell the scent of lavender.

"It's time," Benedict said. "For the next part of your training, Adam."

I pulled away from Paul slightly, both of us breathing hard. I felt dizzy and confused. My body was filled with everything that I had ever felt in my life.

"This is the final part of your training," Benedict said. "You must love him, Adam, across desert sands and winding rivers, to the ends of the Earth."

I pulled Paul into me and wrapped my arms around his muscular body. I could feel his heart pounding against my chest. I felt his flesh, his heat, his raging desire.

He slowly pressed his lips against mine, gently at first. My whole body responded.

"Adam, you have to go," Benedict said. "You have to go now. He can never know."

I broke away from Paul and looked at Benedict. I was confused and couldn't understand.

"Paul has been in trance since we left the library. He won't remember this," Benedict said. "Named as a twin flame, he can never know about you. I am giving you permission to have him, but it must be a secret. You have performed a great service to me and I will help you. Now, go."

"You have to give us some time together," I said. "I don't want to leave him."

"There will be other opportunities to see him," Benedict said. "We can recommend you for other special assignments. Do not be a fool, Adam."

I leaned back against the wall, my body glowing. My lips tingled, as if filled with electricity. I felt completely alive.

"Come," Benedict said, "you must go."

I opened my eyes and looked at Paul. I could see his dark eyes, so dark they were almost black. His nose looked like a Roman nose, wide and strong and delicate. His lips were full and strong and trembled, as if they were about to speak. He was perfect.

"You must go now," Benedict said.

I stood up, feeling as if I were floating. I kissed Paul one last time and forced myself to look into his eyes.

"It was not an accident," I whispered. "It was not an accident, Paul."

Paul looked at me and smiled.

"No," he said. "I am your deep."

Paul's head slumped down like a loosed marionette into the soundest, muddiest slumber, as Benedict prepared to guide him back out of the trance.

"My deep," I said. "My deep."

12