Twin Suns of Atlantis: Dorgon

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

A knock at the door. "May I come in, Jendayi?"

Ever since he had taken to controlling her for his twisted amusement, Xevex had become extremely polite whenever he was not manipulating her mind. Jendayi would have preferred his earlier cold, rational demeanor to the oily act he was putting on. Sighing, she picked up a deep blue dress shot through with silver threads which wonderfully complimented her dusky skin and dark hair and slipped into it.

"Come," she snapped.

"I won't be long. In fact, I'm here to fetch you. There is something you need to see."

Jendayi bit back on the barb she was about to spew. No matter how aggressively she argued with him he simply refused to acknowledge what he had done to her. Instead, she raised her head and swept past him into their large, shared bedroom. She stopped dead and had to fight hard not to erupt in helpless laughter.

Flanked by two guards, a giant of a man stood in the center of the room. He was done up like a prize horse, with golden rings braided into his hair, an elaborate Orichalcon gorget on his broad chest, and a white cape draped over his otherwise naked body. His skin was of an odd grey color, plated with scales which were at the same time dull yet flecked with silver. He had a full head of inky black hair. He was nearly seven feet tall and had immensely wide shoulders. Wide gold bands and bracers adorned his arms; reminding her of the most exquisitely chiseled heroic warrior statues she had ever seen. His chest was wide, with barely a scar showing. Toned abs transitioned into a hairless crotch and-

Jendayi blushed. By the gods! She had seen and felt her share of men in the past few days, even if she didn't want to be reminded of the circumstances. Yet here was a cock she'd dearly love to try, how tightly he would fit into her. Wait... are these really my thoughts? Or is Xevex doing it again?

Harrumphing softly, her eyes snapped back up. A small, crooked smile played around the stranger's lips and his orange eyes, vertically slitted like a serpent's, seemed to spark in mirth. Was he making fun of me for staring at his rod?

"What... who is this?" Jendayi asked, wondering why her voice was so shaky all of a sudden. His presence filled the room, turning the lavish, thirty-feet-to-a-side bedchamber into a tiny, intimate space.

"My latest masterpiece," Xevex said, beaming. The stranger cocked his head, surprise etched onto his handsome features. "My flesh-formers worked tirelessly to turn an almost-dead bit of human detritus into this wondrous fighting beast. They used all the secrets of grafting, shaping and gene-splicing to improve upon what Nature has given it. Isn't it marvelous? I hope to dominate the arena with it."

The stranger, brow wrinkled in an attempt to comprehend the strange words Xevex used, looked at Jendayi. Xevex strutted around him, caressing along the firm lines of his muscles. Then, without warning, he closed his four-fingered hand around the stranger's manhood, pumping quickly.

"And if all worked like I envisioned it, this will be the first of a new breed. Look how healthy it is," Xevex purred, pointing the stranger's growing erection at her. "Its offspring should be as mighty as this one is and I plan on it to become the progenitor of a whole new army, if it performs well in battle."

The stranger cleared his throat. "They say I can choose my reward once I win in your games," he said, his voice sounding gentle despite his hulking appearance.

"Of course," Xevex said, releasing the stranger's throbbing manhood and looking at Jendayi. "How about we-"

A sharp rap on the door interrupted the God-Emperor. Jendayi breathed a mighty sigh of relief. She had noticed the faint traces of Xevex' mind trying to latch on to her but the knock had forced his attention away from her.

"Gods, what is it?" Xevex snapped. A panting messenger entered and went to one knee. Without looking at the God-Emperor, he brandished an ornate scroll case.

"The governor of Huan asks for aid, master of the world. The Eastern Barbarians are rampaging through the province and it will only be a matter of weeks before they will reach Huan's capitol."

"Great. Just what I needed," Xevex sighed, motioning for the guards to take the stranger away. "Get him back to the Pits. And you-," he growled at the messenger, "summon my generals. I want to see them in the Map Room within the hour."

Jendayi, forgotten by all, looked at the receding form of the stranger. He may be Xevex' creation but maybe he could be her salvation instead. All she needed now was a plan.

* * * *

Even down in the tunnels, the rumble of the drums was audible, like a never-ending thunderstorm. Under the watchful gaze of Lovely and several guards in full battle gear, Dorgon, Karas, Vokesh and Nicos suited up for their chance to impress the God-Emperor.

"I'm sorry for your loss," Dorgon said to Vokesh. Two of their pit-mates had been forced to compete in the Culling and lost. The bearded man shrugged as two slaves strapped him into his bronze shell.

"Gets me closer to killing you," he said with a wicked little grin. "Don't die too soon. I'd love to plunge my lance into you." Vokesh grabbed his metal face guard and slid it on.

An overpowering, sweet smell filled the catacomb the fighters were changing in. Dorgon, helmet in hand, turned around to see what was happening. A lavishly groomed man, dark hair slicked back from his face and woven into a thick braid, stepped into the chamber. An embroidered toga stretched over a generous paunch and a myriad of bracelets and necklaces jangled merrily as he approached.

"Who's first, arena master?" Vokesh asked without preamble.

The fat man tutted in indignation. "All in good time, Vokesh, all in good time. Who of you is Dorgon?"

Vokesh snarled behind his mask and jabbed his thumb. "Don't tell me he gets special treatment again. He wasn't in the Culling."

The arena master laughed, a weak, high-pitched sound raising Dorgon's heckles. "If you count fighting against a dozen furious snake men special treatment then yes. It's your first bout today, darling. Come."

"What do you mean, 'first?'" Dorgon asked. Lovely chucked a trident his way, the barbs glinting menacingly as an errant shaft of light coming from a grate in the ceiling hit them. Dorgon snatched the weapon out of the air and waved Karas goodbye.

"The God-Emperor has planned quite a showing for you today," the arena master hissed in a stage whisper. "The only way for you to leave the arena is to either win or die. Whatever happens, I'm tickled pink! The spectacle will be amazing!"

Vokesh's triumphant laughter was quickly drowned out by the noise of drums and blaring horns as the arena master guided Dorgon through the tunnels.

"And remember, make sure to kill them slowly. There is no fun in watching someone efficiently murder helpless creatures, you know?"

"Helpless, huh?" Dorgon asked. During his travels, he had encountered snake men before. They were fast, vicious and ruthless killers. He wasn't sure he had any chance of beating a whole pack of them, even with his new body. "Do I get a shield?"

The arena master just cackled gleefully. When he noticed Dorgon's stare, he closed his mouth and harrumphed softly. "No. No shield. Be grateful you've got a weapon, boy."

The portcullis loomed before them. Thundering drums, fanfare, a multitude of roaring voices, all mixed together into a palpable force thumping in Dorgon's stomach. The gate slowly opened, winched up by furiously sweating slaves turning giant cranks.

Dorgon raised his head and entered the arena.

* * * *

When the God-Emperor called, all of Atlantis came to witness. The roars of the crowds could be felt pounding the stomach as much as heard with one's ears, even up in the Immortal's Gallery where Xevex entertained Parthya's ambassador and his wife. The fair-skinned, auburn-haired woman sat next to Jendayi, uncomfortably looking at the white sand floor of the arena, nearly eighty feet below. Around it rose ranks upon ranks of wide seats where thousands and thousands of Atlanteans had gathered to partake in the gifts from their God-Emperor, bloody battles along with food and drink. Partake they did, whole families in their brightest, most colorful attire. Men roared in anticipation, women were gossiping and children ran between the seats, enacting in mock battles what was about to transpire in the sands below. Between them, naked slaves with feathered headdresses brought platters of fruit and wine and bread.

Horns blared and drums thundered one last time and a hush fell over the crowd as a lone figure strode into the arena, one arm and leg encased in shining golden metal, a plumed helmet under one grey-skinned arm. He strode purposefully into the arena, orange, slitted eyes grimly staring at the masked and robed form of Xevex, resplendant in dark purple robes and his towering ceremonial mask, fashioned into the image of a snarling, bearded face.

"May the blood spilled today appease the gods," Xevex called. "May the gods grant their favor. May their favor stave off death another day. Fight well, warrior!"

A roar washed through the arena. The drums resumed their thunderous onslaught. The lone warrior threw one last look at the Immortal's Gallery, his eyes meeting Jendayi's before they disappeared behind the polished metal of his helmet.

* * * *

There were eight gates in total spread around the perimeter of the arena, six of which opened in unison, silently, the creak of the chains all but drowned out by the drums and the roars of the crowd. Peering through the tiny slits in his helmet, Dorgon watched them emerge in pairs from the tunnels, scaled abominations, their reptilian heads swinging from side to side as their forked tongues tasted the thick, heated air. Axes, maces, clubs and spears at the ready, the dozen snake men encircled him. Some were lean and quick, others almost as bulky as he was. But they all were grotesque amalgams of reptile and man, with swaying necks and tails, clawed hands and feet and sharp spines on their backs.

A single, high clarion pierced the low rumble of the drums and the snake men tightened the circle. Dorgon charged, his trident aimed at the whip-thin torso of a slender reptiloid. Behind him, a spiked club head whistled through the air, parting the trailing hairs of his helmet plume. The trident, thrust with inhuman force, caught his opponent just under the shoulder, the barbed prongs lodging themselves in the monster's chest. The snake man screeched, acidic saliva spraying against Dorgon's helmet as hot, steaming blood poured into the sand of the arena, staining it black. He followed the stab with a punch from his mailed fist, sending the groaning monster to the ground before finishing it off with a booted stomp to its jugular. Gurgling helplessly, the thing thrashed. Dorgon whirled in place, having escaped the ring of snake men by the skin of his teeth. His weapon was lost though, swallowed by the gleefully hissing mob of advancing reptilian horrors.

* * * *

"That was quick," the Parthyan ambassador snickered. "Such a grand entrance and all for naught."

Jendayi's breath caught as she watched the warrior duck low and claim the fallen monster's spear, evading two vicious club strikes by what seemed like blind luck. His time was running out. Slowly, the mass of hissing snake men was pushing the lone warrior towards the rim of the arena. Nothing but unyielding stone and a painful death awaited him there.

I have to do something. Her own thought surprised Jendayi. But it was true. This warrior could be her ally against Xevex. And now he needed all the help he could get. She laid a trembling hand onto Xevex' robed arm.

"Your 'masterpiece' is about to die, husband," she said, putting as much disdain into her voice as possible. He mustn't know!

Xevex nodded sagely. A savage roar tore through the arena as a spiked club connected with the warrior's unprotected shoulder, spilling blood and cracking bone underneath, rendering one arm useless. The warrior grunted in pain and tossed the spear at his assailant, the weapon entering the snake-man's distended jaws and exiting in a shower of gore from its skull.

"Oh, good shot!" the ambassador yelled, pumping his fist into the air. "What's his name?"

"Does it matter, Aeric?" the ambassador's wife asked, fanning herself. "Like you said, he's going to be dead in moments anyway."

The crowd gasped. The warrior had caught a spear between his good arm and his torso, trapping the weapon. The snake man wielding the spear, too stubborn to let go, inadvertently shielded the warrior from the attacks of the others.

"Dorgon," Xevex muttered, wringing his hands. Coming to a conclusion, he reached into the sleeve of his robe and pulled something from it. The sun glinted off silvery metal as the item traveled in a shallow arc, landing in a puff of sand not far from the warrior's feet.

* * * *

The heat of battle had gripped Dorgon fully, holding him in fiery talons. His shoulder throbbed but he already could feel the bone mend.

The harder I fight, the faster I heal? He shrugged. What did it matter in the end? With only one good arm, his options were woefully limited and the second he let the spear go free-

An icy trickle ran up his spine and his head turned of its own accord, away from the hissing pack of snake men out for his blood, towards a spot not far to the side. Something lay in the sand, sunlight glinting off an oddly-shaped pipe.

That small sideways glance cost him dearly though. His helmet rang like a comically oversized gong and Dorgon went to his knees. Warm liquid oozed down his temple and his vision blurred. Cool air caressed his ear. Whatever had hit him had split the helmet asunder and nearly his skull as well.

The fingers on his hurt arm twitched. I need more room and fast! Gripping the trapped spear with both hands, he pulled. The snake man on the other end stumbled. Roaring with the effort, Dorgon levered the snake man off the ground and used him like a massive battering ram, smashing it into two others.

The crowd gave a mighty roar, spurring him on. Ripping the useless helmet off his bloodied head, he tossed the piece of armor at an advancing snake man, forcing it to dodge. There was nothing between him and the glint in the sand now and Dorgon dashed, head tucked low. His hurt arm burned but he could move it again without any hindrance and the hit against his head must have been a glancing blow. He dove beneath a scything axe and snatched the item from the ground.

A plasma pistol? How did it end up here?

Dorgon ran on, away from the scaled terrors, whirling around after a few dozen steps. He had only made a bit of distance but enough time to point the hexagonal barrel at the mass of green, brown and golden scales. Even without aiming, he would hit something. His finger found the little knob on the handle and pressed down. A searing ray of incandescent radiance erupted from the nozzle, setting on fire everything it touched. Two snake men, standing one behind the other, ceased to exist as their bodies transformed into screaming, madly dancing torches. Only the arena wall behind them stopped the destructive force but not without taking damage itself. A head-sized hole dripping liquid stone was ample proof of the furious forces Dorgon had unleashed.

* * * *

"Smartly played, your Highness," the ambassador smirked. "But what about the bets?"

"There are more things at stake than your Drakons, excellency," Xevex hissed, intently watching the proceedings, fingers steepled beneath the chin of his mask. Jendayi breathed a huge sigh of relief. The warrior, Dorgon, seemed to have evaded the worst and already three snake men had been dispatched. Three more were struggling to their feet, visibly trounced by the inhuman feat of strength. When the first plasma beam lanced through the arena, the crowd had fallen silent, shocked at the display of the enormous, alien power. Dorgon, growing more confident with the new weapon, aimed along the barrel and fired again, the roar of the weapon drowned out by the roar of the crowd as he again hit multiple snake men, this time torching three of them. Two more, smarter than their kin, fanned out and rushed Dorgon in a pincer move, axe and club at the ready. Instead of shooting though, Dorgon was already on the move, the weapon tucked into his belt. He ducked between the monsters. His foot scythed the legs out from under one snake man, his mailed fist connecting solidly with the soft abdominal scales of the other, folding it double and causing it to drop its axe which Dorgon claimed.

The crowd was on its feet. "Blood! Blood! Blood!" it chanted. Raising the axe high above his head, Dorgon swung it down with a savage, two-handed strike, decapitating the stunned snake man. A fountain of hissing blood sprayed from its neck stump, spattering obscenely loud onto the sand. Not waiting for the second opponent to recover, Dorgon pounced like a striking panther, burying the axe in the monster's rib cage. He straightened up, just in time to see three more snake men rush him, fangs bared in barely controlled fury.

A hush had fallen over the crowd and Jendayi held her breath as Dorgon pulled the plasma pistol from his belt and raised it, carefully aiming at the advancing snake men. He pressed the button. The weapon whirred softly but no eruption of fiery death burst forth. He pressed again. Again, just a soft noise.

"Is it broken?" Jendayi hissed at Xevex. The God-Emperor shook his masked head, chuckling softly.

"No. The chamber only holds enough plasma for two shots. Besides, where would be the fun if Dorgon could torch his foes wily-nily?"

* * * *

Only three left. Dorgon tossed the useless plasma pistol aside and yanked the axe from the fallen snake man's chest, the blade trailing crimson ooze as he ripped it free. The remaining snake men hesitated in their advance. They already showed bruises where Dorgon had slammed them into each other earlier and the mauled carcasses of their fellows were ample testament to their quarry's prowess. Dorgon tossed his head back and roared at the sky, his bellow answered by the bloodthirsty crowd. The snake men turned and ran, clawing helplessly at the unyielding portcullis. In a matter of seconds, it was over.

Drenched in blood, his chest rising and falling in heated breaths, Dorgon stood over the mutilated corpses of the reptilian monsters.

"Well fought, warrior," the God-Emperor called, his voice amplified by his mask. "It seems no beast is a match for you. How about we present you with worthier opponents? And to prove my benevolence, you will receive an ally for this round. Send in the warriors!"

Two doors on opposite sides of the arena opened. From one came Karas, adorned with colorful feathers and a beaked mask which made him look like a predatory bird, his hands and forearms encased in oversized claw gauntlets like those of a raptor.

From the other came two towering forms. One, Dorgon recognized as the ornately adorned bronze shell armor of Vokesh. To his eight-foot lance were fastened colorful streamers and his featureless battle mask glared like a mirror. Nicos wore only an assortment of wide leather straps around his crotch and chest, head hidden underneath a horned and tusked helmet. In his hands was a massive war club, tall as a man and set with sharp stone ridges.

The crowd was on their feet again, jeering, booing, roaring. If the cat-calls were for him or Vokesh, Dorgon couldn't say.

"It's good to see you still alive, my friend," Karas called, coming to stand next to Dorgon. His beaked head swung from side to side, taking in the carnage around them. "The blood gods must be proud of you."